Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Uncle from Another World
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 21, 2022 9:50 PM

Apr 2020
The animation for when aunt changed back into uncle at the very end I think was done well
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Jul 22, 2022 12:59 AM

Apr 2020
Ahh the YouTube adpocalypse, 2017 and 2018 were a garbage time for some but still had fond memories of it. I kinda remembered there was an outrage on that 1K sub + 4K hrs of watchtime, though it's been 4 long years since then, some YTers will still have flashbacks. I really do hope some YouTubers watch this (Netflix) anime because this is so hilarious with the references they can pull off.

Also I thought that TsunElf was here but it was actually just Ojisan. And wow Fujimiya was a kid...atleast she grow up to become a waifu. But that last part made me laugh like Takafumi as well, when he said that V-tube is on the rise at the same time Ojisan got a lot of views on a video with no gameplay from him but only his Elf appearance carried the video, the mad brain inside me just can't hold it.

This is such a blast, no wonder why Netflix picked it for some reasons or one.
Jul 22, 2022 1:13 AM
Jul 2022
kriissyy12 said:
I'll be honest and I'm not trying to come off as an anti-circlejerker here, but, I really don't see the hype behind this show.

It sets its jokes up like Family Guy and I struggle to find them funny.

"Oh this is like the time I did this in the fantasy world"

*proceeds to show clip of him in the fantasy*

"AHHHH!!!!! Why did you do that"

That's pretty much the joke most of the time.

agree to disagree. ur opinion is 🗑️
Jul 22, 2022 3:27 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
They managed to get a deluxe sashimi plate. F*ck yes. My life is complete

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 22, 2022 3:45 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
The uncle becoming an accidental vtuber, the YouTube ad revenue policy, Fujimiya's face and the complete lack of social awareness. This is hilarious, I'm glad I started it.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 22, 2022 5:36 AM

Mar 2008
Too bad elf girl didnt really show up in the world though that would have messed up the dynamics of the show this early on.

lolzed at the face smack into the barrier after the cliche heroism attempt.

Makes a lot more sense why Takafumi ignores Fujimiya’s interest in him so much. Holy shit she was awful lol
Jul 22, 2022 5:53 AM

Nov 2012
I find this anime really sad, but I'm still watching it. Fujimiya turned out to be really awful as a kid, uncle's looks turned people away from watching and his new look is bringing people to watch, Takafumi doesn't like Fujimiya very much which is understandable. If uncle Yousuke poses a real vtuber-like person and does some crazy stuff, then he will certainly achieve higher and higher subscription and watchtime levels. We still don't know the full extend of his abilities. He's certainly a weirdo.
Jul 22, 2022 5:58 AM
Mar 2021
Shuraikhan said:
kriissyy12 said:
I'll be honest and I'm not trying to come off as an anti-circlejerker here, but, I really don't see the hype behind this show.

agree to disagree. ur opinion is 🗑️

A basketball net? I don't get it.
Jul 22, 2022 7:48 AM

Mar 2012
As if those wish fulfilment power fantasy isekais weren't bad enough now it's reached a new level where they come back from the isekai and retain their power to make easy money and play games, I never liked these idiots who have their profession as youtubers.
Jul 22, 2022 8:48 AM

Jul 2021
at 5:47 , bad translation of netflix :

- ... hemmed in by Chu 's army ...

- WRONG . the correct translation is "hemmed in just like Chu 's army" .

四面楚歌 = shimensoka = Si mian chu ge = 4 directions , Chu 's songs .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Gaixia

Having been defeated, Xiang Yu , leader of Chu army , retreated with the survivors to his Chu camp, where they were surrounded by Han army , and that night , the Han army , many of whom were Chu in origin, sang traditional songs of Chu.

This induced homesickness and desertions in Xiang Yu's Chu army and made Xiang believe that many Chu soldiers had already defected to the Han armies before the battle at Gaixia.

Losing Chu soldiers through defections and believing his position hopeless, Xiang Yu fled later that night with only 800 Chu cavalry.

in short , the Chu army was surrounded from 4 directions by the Han army , then the Han army sang Chu songs , to break the spirit of the Chu army .

daywithoutgamesJul 22, 2022 9:27 AM

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Jul 22, 2022 9:33 AM
Mar 2021
from the poster i thought the tsundere was gonna find a way to transport to this world
but it was just uncle transformed
Jul 22, 2022 12:21 PM
Nov 2018
What the heck did I just watch xDDD this is too good
Jul 22, 2022 2:58 PM

May 2015
Ok thats a bit of a shame that it was just a transformation and it wasn't that the elf girl actually got transported to the modern world. Would have loved to see the romance continue in modern day.

It is nice that the MC is beginning to realize that the elf actually cared for him. (Its a shame though cause even if he realizes it he's now in the modern day)
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2022 5:26 PM

Dec 2020
WAYYY TOO REAL LMFAO. cute girl doing cute things = views
Jul 22, 2022 6:05 PM
Apr 2022
kriissyy12 said:

I would agree with you if the flashbacks were just random nonsense, and not constant ridiculing of the isekai genre and how he finds numerous ways to ruin his supposedly perfect isekai experience every step of the way because of his extremely awkward personality.

I mean, you can say the exact same thing about how Konosuba is just a constant boringly repeated loop of "oops, the gang is in trouble again! Let's show audience more on how Darkness is a masochist, Kazuma going to do some weird shit probably with Steal, the goddess being completely useless, everyone is just gonna yell and cry a little bit about how everything is going horribly, and oh and don't forget Megumi gonna throw an explosion, that's the crowd's favorite!!" .
Jul 22, 2022 6:38 PM

Dec 2008
whitebagelxyz said:
kriissyy12 said:

I would agree with you if the flashbacks were just random nonsense, and not constant ridiculing of the isekai genre and how he finds numerous ways to ruin his supposedly perfect isekai experience every step of the way because of his extremely awkward personality.

I mean, you can say the exact same thing about how Konosuba is just a constant boringly repeated loop of "oops, the gang is in trouble again! Let's show audience more on how Darkness is a masochist, Kazuma going to do some weird shit probably with Steal, the goddess being completely useless, everyone is just gonna yell and cry a little bit about how everything is going horribly, and oh and don't forget Megumi gonna throw an explosion, that's the crowd's favorite!!" .

I think you are being disingenuous about Konosuba's humour. Sure, Aqua is useless, Darkness is a masochist, and Megumin likes to cast explosion, are points often reused regarding those characters.
But a lot of the humour in Konosuba comes from outside those characters. For example, when they visit that water town and everyone is trying to trick them into joining their religion or whatever. Or when the orcs are trying to chase down Kazuma. Etc. A lot of the comedy isn't actually born from the main cast's tropes.
Furthermore, Konosuba continually introduces new characters throughout the entire series, who have their own unique thing that is different from that of the main cast. For example, the bad guy in the castle from the first season (Dullahan I think?), or Wiz, or the guy with the mask, or the slime guy, etc etc. Much of the humour throughout the series feels fresh.
Jul 22, 2022 10:35 PM
Apr 2018
Maou_heika said:
As if those wish fulfilment power fantasy isekais weren't bad enough now it's reached a new level where they come back from the isekai and retain their power to make easy money and play games, I never liked these idiots who have their profession as youtubers.

Family falls apart, no real profession (transported when was a highschooler), has to leech off his nephew working minimum wage job. Man's gotta feed himself somehow, don't hate the player hate the game.
Jul 23, 2022 6:28 AM
Mar 2021
whitebagelxyz said:
kriissyy12 said:

Not really the same thing, Konosuba still has a over-riding story to it. It is a bit of a 'task of the week' show, where the gang accept a quest, usually complete it but fuck up so bad it makes whatever they earned meaningless. It's a fun show to watch because on top of the characters, you want to see how they fuck up. This doesn't have this, other than then trying to make money, it's mostly just gags about his life in the fantasy world. Was funny for an episode but got old pretty quickly in my opinion. Did like the AoT reference last episode though.
Jul 23, 2022 7:58 AM

Mar 2012
PIKECHAN said:
Maou_heika said:

Family falls apart, no real profession (transported when was a highschooler), has to leech off his nephew working minimum wage job. Man's gotta feed himself somehow, don't hate the player hate the game.
Would have sympathized with him if he didn't retain his abilities from the isekai.
Jul 23, 2022 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
Oh, this episode got me in the first half, not gonna lie. So there is magic that lets you disguise as other people in the other world where uncle got sent to huh? I want it. NWUEHEHW

Also, the last part was really funny
Jul 23, 2022 4:48 PM

Mar 2021
My only complaint is that Uncle's voice wasn't kept for the Elf Girl!! Imagine Takehito Koyasu voicing a cute elf girl lol

The last skit showed how the trend of Vtubers is actually sad...

Jul 23, 2022 7:23 PM

Mar 2012
Loved the Attack on Titan gag.
Jul 24, 2022 12:57 AM

Mar 2010
Really got baited. I thought the elf girl transported to their world ;(
Jul 24, 2022 4:39 PM

Mar 2019
LMAOOOOO BEST EPISODE FOR SURE......

Need more of thissssss...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 24, 2022 6:45 PM

Jan 2013
Man, what an episode lmao
The whole barrier thing was such a meme

And now i wonder if we will ever see the Elf or the other girls in his real world or if they will go back to the isekaied world.
Oh and i really like Fujimiya, she complements the story.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 24, 2022 11:13 PM

Aug 2016
this is how you properly make an anime parody/reference unlike gintama.
:v
Jul 25, 2022 8:42 AM

Nov 2017
Wtf this eps so funny xD

Jul 25, 2022 11:46 AM

Nov 2014
They really got me. Here I thought elf girl arrived. But at last it seems uncle noticed something about her behaviour?

Between his creepy transformation and those screams I just couldn't stop laughing at the end.
Jul 25, 2022 6:07 PM
Feb 2015
Oh man, Mikako Komatsu must've had a right field trip playing as herself in the past, that whole segment made me laugh a lot, plus that voice reminded me of a few instances back on "Tesagure! Bukatsumono Spin-off Purupurun Sharumu to Asobou" along with its live instances on stage and whatnot outside of the anime ahahah
Jul 25, 2022 11:10 PM

Aug 2020
I love this, I thought it would be a generic isekai but oh well this feels so different from any isekai I have watched yet. It's soooo refreshing to watch this, although I love this so much I don't think it can top mushuko tensei for me, well they are like 2 sides of a same coin anyway
It was inevitable...
Jul 26, 2022 5:25 AM
May 2020
all these gaming subscribers dying for nyash
Jul 26, 2022 4:05 PM

Sep 2007
I'm just in love.
Why ? Because it's really like the manga (with his marvelous covers). :)
And yeah, megane elf ...
Jul 27, 2022 5:10 PM
Dec 2021
MegamiRem said:
Fuck, they got me good damn it. I thought the elf girl was gonna come to this world but no it was the uncle. All the hopes and dreams have been crushed, damn. Also no wonder Takafumi can't see Fujimiya as his love interest. That was quite the past they had together.

I'm hoping it's a fakeout and the elf does show up in our world. I assumed she would because she's in the intro in our world but having it actually be the uncle is pretty hilarious.
Jul 28, 2022 1:42 AM

Aug 2013
I was disappointed that it wasn't the real Elf in this episode but it was still funny.

A video of an Elf girl playing games would definitely get views.

Jul 31, 2022 4:56 AM

May 2016
It was a bit of a turn off that the girl turned out to be the uncle but the last part was wroth it and lets not forget how good the OP and ED are.
Jul 31, 2022 12:32 PM

Mar 2010
I feel for da disappointment.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 1, 2022 3:29 PM

Jul 2016
Poor Ojisan. He discovered what simps are and the power they can possess as a group.

But seriously tho, Ojisan sure got me good with the elf "girl" I saw in the OP. Such disappointment.
Aug 3, 2022 5:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Softhenic03 said:
Quickest way to gain subscribers and views, just have a hottie do a facecam. +1 if she's a blondie. Harsh reality check for our Ojisan lmao.

Fujimiya won't ever be normal again after this incident i bet.

Harsh welcome for oji-san to the age of online simps. Just have a cute girl do anything online and it's guaranteed to get views.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 3, 2022 7:13 AM
Aug 2021
It's great

Source:trust me I rewatched it like 4 times this week while waiting for episode 5
Aug 3, 2022 2:15 PM

Sep 2018
This show is straight up fucking hilarious.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Aug 3, 2022 11:10 PM

Aug 2018
Ojisan lived through the YouTube changes in 2018, and he was in a bind. He was in one in the other world and we see what happened (I think the TITANIC reference is VERY noticeable xd). And he asked the internet for help to get to 1,000 subscribers, and he was able to get there xd.
Ojisan wanted to help Fujimiya and brought "Obasan". He put on the body of the elf girl from the other world xD. I thought he appeared on his own, the elf girl is very pretty.
And we see how Takafumi and Fujimiya met, she was very different than she is now xD
Taking advantage of Ojisan being as the elf girl, they recorded a video. It immediately went viral hahaha

Aug 4, 2022 7:03 AM
Mar 2012
Hilarious it's more a docu-comedy now. Also got that adpocalypse email. Treating subscribers like the Spirits, Vtuber, & AoT references great stuff.
Elf fight animation super cool.
lol Ojisan's learning conflicting messages about appearance mattering or not. It seems the true ugliness is his inside, his personality & behavior is horrible toward others, including endangering the whole sealed city.

Aug 5, 2022 3:09 PM

May 2018
Well, I was hesitant about the show at first. But this episode. It bought me. It's 10/10. I didn't expect it to be this good.

Aug 5, 2022 4:27 PM

Jan 2013
so thats how the Rumbling ended lol
Aug 8, 2022 5:37 AM

Oct 2020
Stark700 said:
Elf with a pair of glasses :o

I have to admit, the way this anime mixed social media with fantasy elements is somewhat refreshing. And Takafumi's reactions were pure comedy gold. If anything, this show is entertaining for its character personalities. It's quite amusing.

Yeah, you think it is about isekai, then post-isekai, then it is really about the shit people have had to deal with, including youtubers.

That near opening line of Takafumi that, "The economic downturn has been hard on me too", got my interest. It isn't just comedy, it is comedy to cope with a truly unstable world, with a main character from our world one generation back ("I was there, Gandalf"), but a long-time adventurer-expat in Granbahamal.
Aug 12, 2022 3:15 AM
Oct 2018
I've never seen something soo good
Aug 12, 2022 6:14 PM
Jun 2022
I like the Sega jokes. Thats all what i need.
Aug 14, 2022 6:28 PM
Jan 2017
Do you know the word Bathos? It means a story or situation that builds dramatic tension then resolves it with a twist to comedy. Particularly comedy based on a characters stupidity.
Aug 16, 2022 7:40 PM
Jun 2015
When Ojisan turned into a elf girl
Aug 25, 2022 8:35 AM
Feb 2021
cringe tapi ngakak bosku
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

125 by Tony2Phones »»
Mar 25, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2023

188 by AshLas »»
Mar 21, 8:50 PM

» season 2?

Eldencheese - Dec 21, 2023

7 by MeguSae38 »»
Feb 18, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 25, 2022

251 by Trinity_07 »»
Jan 17, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2022

128 by TigreDemon »»
Jan 7, 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.