Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2022 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
Dai fought like a champ this episode, made even more evident by his determination and that power he wield. Felt like it was his destiny to stop Vearn and his twisted goals.

That's a hell of a power-up Dai got this episode as he fought with everything he had. Not going to lie, the Dai and Leona moments this episode were also cute.

Jul 1, 2022 6:47 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 1, 2022 7:12 PM

Dec 2020
Very good episode. They did great efforts on screenplay this time. And yuki hayashi's ost is at his best today.
Putting ceruleans eyes to Dai is a fucking good idea. it wasn't so noticable in the manga. i read it afterwards and it is a fucking genious idea !!!!

PS : Haters i see you coming !!!! NO Baran is not alive !!!!! It's metaphorical, he's alive in dai's soul and heart. It was already said at his death when mother dragon gave a chance to Dai.
Le-ConteurJul 1, 2022 7:23 PM
Jul 1, 2022 7:46 PM
Oct 2016
Dai showing off the badass dragon crest upgrade. The tentacle monster living engine dark force reactor is weird even for this, but its not handled terribly so that's good. The guardian of the living engine was actually a cool side boss for Dai to muster his strength against. Gravity magic has always been really cool to me so I love seeing it in basically anything. Mystvearn sort of has that with his dark energy web freezing people but Goroa using straight up gravity magic was cool. Dai seeing Baran again warmed my heart. Passing his dragon crest onto Dai so he can use the power of both against Dark King Vearn. Pulling out a kamehameha to blast Leona free from the living engine. Looked awesome the animation this episode was so crisp when Dai unleashed his double crests. The blast and the sword slash were awesome. Dai now being right at Dark King Vearn. All the fights are now setup, time doe the home stretch.
Jul 1, 2022 7:51 PM
Sep 2015
I was kinda hope Dai would stay single but this episode eliminate any chance of that. Leona just seal the deal with Dai by just being captured by tentacle half-monster/machine. I'm satisfied by a Dragon Knight system which prohibit Dragon Knight to have any business with woman, seem like a fair deal to me, considering how much power to gain.

Vearn is kinda root for Dai in this episode? I still don't know his true motive, his true backstory. The mystery behind Killvearn and Mistvearn.
Jul 1, 2022 8:09 PM

Sep 2018
More explanation and details about the second dragon crest in manga

Now I'm afraid that Toei might unavoidably spoil many things in OP2v2 (If there is, it will be Ep 88). All anime-only fans MUST skip it! XD
Now I wish there wouldn't be any second version of current OP, just keep it as it is :v
Jul 1, 2022 8:28 PM

Jan 2009
Dai got a power up with the Double Dragon Crest and he can use the Kamehameha now aka Duorora ultimate move of the Dragon Knights
Jul 1, 2022 8:58 PM

Feb 2019
Bro this was for sure a top 5 Dai no daibouken episode.

Just when all hope seemed lost.. that chat with Baran was excellent. Got goosebumps when Dai unlocked the two crests. Then that father son kameh…Dourara at the end was chef’s kiss

Vearn looks pretty damn shook but he’s def got an ace up his sleeve. I feel like Gomechan could be a massive part of this final battle. Can’t wait for next week
Jul 2, 2022 3:13 AM

Apr 2011
Gomechan is the real MVP.
Jul 2, 2022 3:48 AM

May 2012
Great episodes but little rushed. They removed Vearn's explanation for why Dai inherited the 2nd crest.. Also, the they removed ancient fairy tale about demon disguised as a little girl who killed one of strongest knight in underworld by using his own sword, and this is the reason why the monster picked Dai's sword to kill Dai by his own sword

https://i.ibb.co/yRyHzBT/imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-Mcfwlo3-VY9i.png
Jul 2, 2022 4:19 AM

Jun 2021
Anyone else felt this power up should have been during the Vearn fight instead? Seems kinda odd for Dai to have this moment against some random grunt. By the way, what Vearn said was kinda interesting. Imagine Dai came all the way there just few steps away from final boss, and somehow is killed by a grunt.
Jul 2, 2022 4:53 AM

Dec 2020
Silent_Shadow05 said:
Anyone else felt this power up should have been during the Vearn fight instead? Seems kinda odd for Dai to have this moment against some random grunt. By the way, what Vearn said was kinda interesting. Imagine Dai came all the way there just few steps away from final boss, and somehow is killed by a grunt.

No don't worry it's fine as it is.
You should have been more attentive....You missed an important detail in the episode but i won't spoil.
Jul 2, 2022 9:58 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Ugh. We have to deal with the disgusting tentacle monster in this episode, but thankfully was able to activate both Dragon Crests and save Leona. Seeing Dai use Dourara remind me of when Gohan did a one handed Kamehameha against Cell with his father there in spirit. It's a very powerful metaphor.
Jul 2, 2022 12:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So the core is a living creature that wanted to absorb Leona's power, though there is also a guardian and this guy though he would have a chance against Dai lmao, but that was nice to see him unleash his dragon power even power especially with his father's appearance, the battle was 100% epic, also it looks like Gomechan saved Leona but he doesn't seem very lively at the end??? I mean they're talking like everything is fine but is condition looked very bad
Jul 2, 2022 5:06 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah yes, what a nice little attraction Dai get there for Vearn and us, or shall i say, me, the audience before the final battle. Twin dragon crest finally been revealed and Baran got a little comeback moment on this time with his dreamy talk with Dai, and then, the iconic stance that being used by his tiny little son. They also talked little about Gomechan too once again that showed something unexpected. Now since Dai mention it, maybe ed with the golden wing can be related with that little segment, somehow? Only time can tell, and let's hope its end well, for them, and, me as a watcher too!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 2, 2022 8:35 PM

Nov 2012
Dai: Leona!!!!!!
Me: Gome-chan. Fuck Leona! Gome-chan!!!!!
Priorities.

Piggy drum had heart. He tried to attack Dragon Knight with his own sword. RIP Piggy Drum.
dragynfaerieJul 2, 2022 8:54 PM
Jul 3, 2022 1:20 AM
Apr 2021
We have seen so many episodes seeing the amazing side characters shine and have there moments, but this episode was all Dai. This episode showed why he is such a good main character.

Also who would have thought that little golden slime at the beginning of the series would have come in so clutch so many times it’s crazy, Gomechan is a real one for sure.
Jul 3, 2022 7:03 AM

Jun 2015
sweet baby all the little gods you pray too. That was an awakening. Normally I reference a dbz moment, but this was its own. double dragon anyone (very old reference, I had a sega megadrive)

But yes, this episode rocked!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 3, 2022 7:36 AM

Feb 2011
Holy cow! Dai not only went super saiyan this episode but launched a father-son kamehameha

4.5/5

Jul 3, 2022 8:08 AM

Nov 2020
That Draura was spectacular!
Jul 3, 2022 9:45 AM

Dec 2020
Everybody saw the kameha refference

But draura is an Aurora execution attack from St Seiya + a Kameha in fact

https://youtu.be/iwTv_vKt1wM
Le-ConteurJul 3, 2022 9:49 AM
Jul 3, 2022 10:01 AM

Nov 2020

The original thing is that the user make a dragon head with his hands, trully brilliant.
Jul 3, 2022 2:29 PM

May 2018
Whelp there goes the tentacle monster along with half of Vearn palace lol. Vearn must be angry that his throne room is destroyed lol
Aug 18, 2022 10:57 AM

Mar 2010
That golden slime thingy gomechan is the real hero of this series.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 31, 2022 5:22 AM
Oct 2019
When the Tentacle grab Leona and moving up and down, it really reminds me of something else... lol

Dai Double Dragon Crest!! WOW

I swear the most OP creature in this Anime was Gome-chan.

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.