Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Eve looks more determined than ever during this training camp. She has the mindset of a winner so this isn't too surprising to see.

There's a lot of golf mechanics in this episode but the overall tone felt less intense compared to some of the other episodes. A lot of emotions is still there though.
Jun 14, 2022 8:27 PM

Feb 2019
Birdie wing Tuesdays lets gooo

Jinguji is a great teacher, love her character so much already. Feel really bad about her elbow, but everyone’s got a different path in life. Looks like hers is to be a mentor and leader, just as important as top golfers.

It’s nice to see Eve actually struggle for once, hopefully she’ll be able to use the things Jinguji taught her in the upcoming tournament. Speaking of which, I’m guessing it’s pretty much confirmed that this will go two cours, right? No way they rush a tournament in a couple of eps.

Very much looking forward to a lot more birdie wing!
Marinate1016Jun 14, 2022 8:31 PM
Jun 14, 2022 8:51 PM

Jul 2011
This anime is just bad people being presented one after another, or just getting more evil.

The President is just a prick that wanted to see Eve playing a chump game like her. No wonder she destroyed her arm.

I wouldn't be surprise if the coach would try to break Eve's arm with a golf club at the end of the series, seeing how this episode was.
Damn, these rich people.
Jun 14, 2022 9:01 PM

Jul 2017
It's great how Aoi is already smashing the competition before it started, but yet still has character to develop, all in the face to match against Eve as the end goal.

Aoi's family is the usual Crazy Rich Asians style, yet feels humble and in the prospect of making Aoi famous. Meanwhile, Eve and Saotome are already past the point of practice, and are going straight to the Athena Golf Course with the golf club president Jinguuji to polish skills despite having a bad elbow injury from epicondylitis.

Eve's golf has been flawless all this time, but the bunker proves to be her biggest challenge, that ain't no challenge for her Rainbow Bullets. Jinguuji is a ruthless sadist of a teacher, and for good reason for Eve to "surpass her limits" Shonen style with practical lessons of the toughest terrains and weather. The 1-hole match is the culmination of Jinguuji's skills and teachings vs. the rebel Eve obviously not adhering due to her play style, and if only players like her could learn from Eve to "blast through the wall".

I feel bad for Jinguuji not being able to play to her very best, but what she can offer is already substantial enough from her teachings with Coach Amuro to pass onto Aoi.

The All-Japan Girls High School Doubles Golf Championship's pair of Aoi and Eve, plus the previous competitors already shown, will create the final wave of this show's best features: playing alongside one another, and fighting for all that glory.

Marinate1016 said:
Speaking of which, I’m guessing it’s pretty much confirmed that this will go two cours, right?
Apparently you missed the news that this will only be 13 episodes long.
Jun 14, 2022 9:07 PM

Dec 2016
That was some awesome training that Eve got.

One thing I noticed was when Aoi was at her Grandfather's house there was a photo with a Young Aoi, the photo to the right looked like a young Eve?

There is a chance they are actually related somehow?

Of course we know Eve was found alone years ago, we know nothing about her family.
Jun 14, 2022 9:27 PM

Nov 2010
Somehow the 48 inch driver is longer than the height of an adult sometimes in this show, even in a scene without the effect of perspective. And those gigantic trophies...
Jun 14, 2022 9:27 PM

May 2012
KANLen09 said:

Marinate1016 said:
Speaking of which, I’m guessing it’s pretty much confirmed that this will go two cours, right?
Apparently you missed the news that this will only be 13 episodes long.

There's a possibility that it might just be the "last episode" of the 1st cour and it might be a split cour. I don't think we have gotten any info on the BD release for it either.
Jun 14, 2022 10:40 PM

May 2016
LukesYGO_WSonYT said:
That was some awesome training that Eve got.

One thing I noticed was when Aoi was at her Grandfather's house there was a photo with a Young Aoi, the photo to the right looked like a young Eve?

There is a chance they are actually related somehow?

Of course we know Eve was found alone years ago, we know nothing about her family.

The girl on the right is actually Aoi's mother when she was the same age, notice the grandparents are a lot younger.

That said, Aoi's mother does look a lot like Eve and like you said we still don't know who Eve's parents are, only a possible father that was her teacher. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that Eve and Aoi are half-sisters. Same mother, different fathers. Hell, they're already acting like siblings, especially with that argument they were having post credits this episode.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Jun 14, 2022 10:46 PM

Jun 2021
I love this fucking show. It has no right being this good. I thought the coach was just going to be a hardass because she was mad that she got slightly injured before the big tournament, but no - it's a career ender... and she's only being a hardass to help toughen Eve for the road that she can't walk anymore and develop Eve's bond with her caddy.

We got a legit battle shonen training montage too. I don't know how they somehow created a Yuri-fueled shonen show from scratch, but God damn it, I'm in till the end of the line on this one.

I'm think we do some preliminary tournament stuff next week, with the actual tournament starting in S2.
Jun 15, 2022 12:17 AM

Apr 2014
Jinguji was a badass. She had prepared to break her own arm again for training Eve. Even her training method was hard, but from what she had done to herself. I would say, respect.

DirectorK said:

The girl on the right is actually Aoi's mother when she was the same age, notice the grandparents are a lot younger.

That said, Aoi's mother does look a lot like Eve and like you said we still don't know who Eve's parents are, only a possible father that was her teacher. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that Eve and Aoi are half-sisters. Same mother, different fathers. Hell, they're already acting like siblings, especially with that argument they were having post credits this episode.

yeah... There are a lot of theories and speculations that Eva and Aoi are siblings. We could know more about this point in the future. Maybe, in its sequel, if this series will get one. Hope so...
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 15, 2022 6:25 AM

Nov 2020
There's just no way this show was originally conceived of and written to end in just 13 episodes at the way the pacing has gone. Either something's gone wrong behind production, or we're getting a split second cour.

Can't bring this to a satisfying conclusion in just two more episodes with all the elements continuing to be introduced.

AkeZZZ said:

DirectorK said:

yeah... There are a lot of theories and speculations that Eva and Aoi are siblings. We could know more about this point in the future. Maybe, in its sequel, if this series will get one. Hope so...

If this takes the leap to being lesbian-mafia-incest golf I have no choice but to proclaim it anime of the year.
Jun 15, 2022 7:07 AM

Oct 2016
Oh yes, drive that 48-inch club into the hole. Another week of Birdie Birdie, I am really praying to God for that 2nd cour or season announcement, 2 more episodes of Birdie Birdie is not nearly enough to satisfy me.

Just when I thought Aoi was gonna get cockblocked again, the end of the episode has proven me wrong, the cock is no longer blocked. That synchronized drive was fucking beautiful though.

Actually really nice to see some legitimate training, only for Eve to say fuck it, I'll still hit it as hard as I can, and that's why we love her. Respect to Jinguji though, she still has a bright future ahead as a coach.

We still haven't even seen the whole rainbow in rainbow bullet, so, season 2 confirmed. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jun 15, 2022 1:25 PM

Jan 2021
Love how Eve just blasts her way through every obstacle, who needs strategy when you have strength. Also love how oblivious Eve is she's chosen for a tournament that she didn't even know existed.

Aoi returns to golf with Eve of course Eve is gone for three days. But luckily at the end the girls finally got to golf together. For one hole, but still finally.
Jun 15, 2022 1:43 PM

Jan 2018
Another amazing episode, not that intensive, but president training arc was very nice. Eve and Aoi finally managed to play as well. I hope president finds happiness in training Eve. She's too precious to call herself a weed
Jun 15, 2022 2:43 PM

May 2015
Interesting how Char's custom model was mentioned in the context of clubs of all things and it somehow sounded like the most natural thing you'd expect to hear in a golfing anime... But Saotome isn't a Gunpla fan like Lily was, right? Or maybe it was a hint that she actually is and it will become yet another reason for Eve to feel nostalgic...

Anyway, it was quite an interesting episode. Jinguji's story is pretty sad but the way she overcame her dreams being crushed and her ability to be genuenly supportive are truly amazing. I also enjoyed Aoi and Eve's lighthearted dynamic.
Jun 15, 2022 3:52 PM

Feb 2019
Let's pause for a moment and reflect on the how nonsensical Eve's character arc has been. She began the show as a secret-but-not-secret hot shot, flawlessly impersonating professional golfers. She was drawn into underground yakuza life or death golf battles against cheating goths and cyborgs. Upon overcoming that, she gets sent to golf high school to learn the basics of how to golf from 16 year old never-was peers, sidelined before they did literally anything. This makes sense to the writers.

Which is to say that I'm desperately avoiding talking about the episode once again because there's goddamned nothing to talk about. It's a re-run of the Vipere training montage episode, except instead of a crazy goth wannabe and the yakuza chasing people with rocket launchers for five seconds, it's that weepy girl with tennis elbow. The end of the season is upon us. You haven't even involved one of the supposed main characters in a single arc yet. There is currently absolutely no story or character arc in progress whatsoever. We have jettisoned every single crazy ass hook in the show and are just doing high school golf montages. What on earth is anybody making this show thinking?
Jun 15, 2022 6:43 PM

May 2021
RayReynolds said:
This makes sense to the writers.

To be fair, I truly believe that this doesnt make any sense for the writers either, it would be hilarious if the first 8 episodes dont have any impact on the later ones, it would be the same as Eve just being a transfer student that had no challenges in her past school. I believe that we will get some outrageous revelation soon though

Jun 15, 2022 6:52 PM

May 2021
That was really unexpected. Did not expect Eve to run into trouble but it was resolved a bit too quickly.

Marinate1016 said:
Speaking of which, I’m guessing it’s pretty much confirmed that this will go two cours, right? No way they rush a tournament in a couple of eps.

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1535192958089105408

Jun 15, 2022 7:04 PM

Feb 2019
RioFS said:
That was really unexpected. Did not expect Eve to run into trouble but it was resolved a bit too quickly.

Marinate1016 said:
Speaking of which, I’m guessing it’s pretty much confirmed that this will go two cours, right? No way they rush a tournament in a couple of eps.

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1535192958089105408

Yea I’m calling bullshit. No way they can wrap this in two
Jun 15, 2022 9:26 PM
Mar 2021
This and the last few episodes have been a decently entertaining sports anime but like…
Eve is being hunted by the Mafia still?
So many loose ends left back where she came from, I can’t wait to see how they’ll bring it all back together.
Jun 16, 2022 11:51 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
If you look at the pictures in the shot with grandpa talking on the phone with the coach I believe you will find an ester egg.

it has been hinted at for a bit now but this pretty much confirms it. That's the grandpa and his wife with Aoi's mom not Eve.

And bucho is such a beautifully written character.. such self sacrifice specially in a sports like golf

Jun 16, 2022 7:08 PM

Oct 2015
I love Jinguji and i wish Eve could've appreciated her after guiding her like that. I'm heartbroken she won't ever play golf again, i sent my hug in that office.

Can't wait for the championship.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 16, 2022 7:19 PM

Jul 2016
Not sure what to think of this "training" episode. I mean, it was decent but also kinda pointless in a sense, given that Eve will most likely continue with her risky play-style based on brute force. Not to mention they could have used the runtime to strengthen the bond between Eve and Saotome instead of giving depth to a forgettable character we won't be seeing again.
Jun 17, 2022 6:32 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well never expect the title actually pointed at the captain. But for the most unexpected shit, she had the hot for Coach Amuro and he also reciprocate it xd. Very well thanks for the laugh man, really refreshing to see something different from this little 'training' episode. But that's enough of the little side character story, lets get back to the main dish for the final session; Eve and Aoi on the tournament again!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 18, 2022 4:19 AM

Oct 2013
Anyone else think the coach and the captain of the golf team just need to get married already!?!?

Jun 21, 2022 11:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I liked Eve training with Jinguuji, looks like she still had some skills to improve and it worked, now it's time for the tournament with Eve and Aoi but only two episodes left they just can't do it in 2 eps so maybe S2 after that?
Jun 21, 2022 11:58 PM

Oct 2017
I feel bad for Jinguuji, she's a great girl. Hopefully she won't have to quit golf.

Good for Eve and Aoi, they get to play together.
Jul 22, 2022 11:38 PM

Feb 2021
That captain really has a hard backstory...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 8, 2022 6:58 PM

May 2019
I feel so bad for the captain.
Dec 12, 2022 12:25 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
3 days of training and Eve is ready to the competition, or not? kekeke
Apr 24, 2023 7:38 PM

Sep 2022
 Jinguji really is pushing Eve to the very limit. But I think that is a good thing because that's what the coach had her do in order to become strong. However, unlike Jinguji (captain), Eve has been practicing a lot of golfing herself ever since Eve was a little kid that got taken in by Klein and Lily.

After the practice I think Eve is more prepared than Aoi, however, Aoi is just as skilled as Eve. Both Eve and Aoi need to put in immense concentration in order to help their school win the tournament.
Apr 30, 2023 7:17 PM

Feb 2021
As someone who used to take part in youth bowling tournaments, this really hits home. I love this anime.
Jun 19, 2023 10:08 PM

Nov 2013
I like the captain very much. This sucks what happened with her elbow, but she clearly has a tutor's talent, so she's gonna be ok.
Oct 31, 2023 1:24 PM
Oct 2023
The first perfect episode since episode seven. The training montage flowed so naturally. It showed Eve wasn't perfect at golf. And we get a little background on one of our side characters! The tournament probably begins next episode; looking forward to that. Overall rating through 11 episodes: 8.18/10 (getting pretty specific). Heading into the home stretch. Let's hope it doesn't let us down!
Jan 8, 9:41 PM

Oct 2022
It still trips me up when old people, like Aoi's Grandad, use smartphones. It turns into complete fantasy world.
On another note, arguing Aoi is so cute at the end of the show. I adore the chemistry she shares with Eve.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2022

65 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 13, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

53 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 10, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2022

42 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 6, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2022

56 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 3, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2022

56 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 30, 2023 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.