Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 11, 2022 11:34 AM
Sep 2018
Best ep since the castle imo! Loved all the shounen references and Bill’s VA had me ROLLING
Jun 11, 2022 11:39 AM
Feb 2022
today's episode was really fun to watch
yor training anya
damian being goku moment
damian saving anya
anya surprised everyone with her killer shot star catch arrow
and i absolutely can't get enough of anya's smirk
also the animation was really good
Jun 11, 2022 11:41 AM
Oct 2020
Rem4lifexD said:
GeanWolf2000 said:
yeah, Great Episode. REM!!! 💙💖

I see, a fellow REM IS BEST GIRL SUPPORTER!
yeah, REM IS THE BEST, I LOVE HER 💙💖.
Jun 11, 2022 11:43 AM
Mar 2015
Mama's training was pointless
Jun 11, 2022 11:52 AM

Oct 2015
goated episode, holy shit the training montage and animation is off the roof.
Jun 11, 2022 11:54 AM

Jan 2009
lol that athletic boy is a gorilla

the future is in Anyas hands

Jun 11, 2022 11:56 AM
May 2022
This one felt meaningless tbh. Nothing of note really happened except Damien saving Anya and even that felt really minor. no new character dynamics or interesting things to look out for in this episode. There were at most 2 or 3 moments where I chuckled, apart from that the humor felt really flat. The show is falling in ratings with every episode since the 6th one and the show needs a turnaround and the next episode looks promising. Also knowing that this isn't the whole season but the rest of it will come out later this year got me even less interested imo tbh.
Jun 11, 2022 12:03 PM

Jun 2015
There were another couple of filler scenes in the episode, the Namekusei montage was one of them
Jun 11, 2022 12:08 PM

Jan 2020
This episode was the most fun I had with this year anime. I loved the attack names, especially Kage bunshin 🤣🤣👌🤣🤣😂
Jun 11, 2022 12:32 PM
Sep 2021
Really great episode.
But what the hell is that Bill?! I think that maybe he could be some type of esper, just like Anya but with different abilities. His father also seemed to be a really powerful man so this could be a possibility.
Jun 11, 2022 12:37 PM
Oct 2020
APDied said:
This one felt meaningless tbh. Nothing of note really happened except Damien saving Anya and even that felt really minor. no new character dynamics or interesting things to look out for in this episode. There were at most 2 or 3 moments where I chuckled, apart from that the humor felt really flat. The show is falling in ratings with every episode since the 6th one and the show needs a turnaround and the next episode looks promising. Also knowing that this isn't the whole season but the rest of it will come out later this year got me even less interested imo tbh.
You Boring, was a great episode, Great Animation and this is a comedy, plot in school is important. anything interesting? The brief hint of Damian's relationship with his father was very interesting and important for what lies ahead.
GeanWolf2000Jun 11, 2022 12:40 PM
Jun 11, 2022 12:41 PM
Oct 2014
They really stretched 2 panels into a whole episode huh
Jun 11, 2022 12:50 PM

Dec 2013
This was almost HxH levels of hype on dodge ball, the kids on that class are a riot and somehow Becky seems to be the only normal one so far, Damian showed he can be quite a hero and poor Anya, I guess that has to be her poor physical ability since she is a psychic esper.
Jun 11, 2022 1:00 PM
Oct 2020
djddueces said:
This is all you gotta know from this episode.
Serious Anya is Very Cute
Jun 11, 2022 1:01 PM
Aug 2019
GeanWolf2000 said:
ghier said:
That trope where someone blocks for you and the show plays it up as if it has meaning but haha it doesn’t … is way over-done.

Really brought down the episode for me tbh. I also just didn’t get much out of the episode overall. It’s not enough :/. Hoping the next episode is more interesting like the previous episodes.
fool, it's was great. The final was the same in the manga, ANYA FAILED

I mean I didn’t read the manga… I just didn’t like this episode as much. The comedy didn’t work for me and there weren’t any wholesome moments to compensate.
Jun 11, 2022 1:29 PM
Jan 2021
damn, that animation when yor threw the ball was absolutely eye candy to my eyes, good job studio wit. that "6 year old" really just yelled "Die" in a dodgeball game lmao.
Jun 11, 2022 1:31 PM
Nov 2016
Best quote of the entire episode:

"Everything Mama teaches me is useless! "

and WTF kind of Area 51 experiment is Billy...proto-super soldier subject?
Jun 11, 2022 1:38 PM

Jan 2021
Finally a good episode after like episode 5. Yor and Loid took the background this time to make more screen for Anya and her friends at school in a dodgeball game.

Both Anya and Damian want to get the MVP to get a Stella, and both get in a training Anya with the so obviously superhuman Yor ad Damian with his friends having some references like the one with Namekusei background, however, everything gets complicated in the game when Billy, a supermuscular 6 years old (yeah I guess he has 6, 6 leap years) is part of the opponent's team. No matter what Damian and his friends did nothing got through him, everyone of their team got out except for Damian and Anya (who can dodge pretty well since she can read what Billy is going to do). When Anya slips Damian receives the ball for her, how cute of him. Anya then does her special shot which she trained with Yor... just to fail misserably and her team loses.

Very nice episode overall, Anya is still not funny but I like her attitude, the dodgeball game looked great but I still wouldn't play it irl lol.
Jun 11, 2022 1:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ahaha dodgeball game and Anya trained hard with Yor to be ready and get the Stella but of course they wouldn't give one for a silly game like that though that was extremely fun, this Bill guy is a monster with his extremely deep voice and bodybuilder body even though he's only 6 years old, that felt so cursed xD
Jun 11, 2022 2:01 PM
Jan 2022
The Animation in this episode was great, overall this episode is Amazing, its up there with the castle episode in terms of enjoyment for me, I have a soft spot for when Anime take something thats not a big deal in the grand scheme is make them like its do or die.

There was also two lines that had me bursting out laughing
"I have no idea whats going on but it's intense"

"I know all kinds of great things about you, Lord Damian. Though I can't remember a singel one right now, I'm sure there was something."
Jun 11, 2022 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
This episode shows how Anya isn't the only experiment-child around lol. That 6 yo monster was definitely enhanced by his dad xD
Jun 11, 2022 2:24 PM

Mar 2021
APDied said:
I can agree. Even as a guy who LOVES the manga. I don't remember this part being this long. It was pretty average.

EDIT: I just checked and this whole episode mostly adapted a single chapter. Adding fluff eye candy does not automatically mean the source material was improved. What's with this awful pacing the entire season?
AbsoluteCinemaJun 11, 2022 2:27 PM

Jun 11, 2022 2:27 PM
Dec 2018
bruh does this kid eat testosterone supplements for dinner or smtg
Jun 11, 2022 2:52 PM

Nov 2016
Probably my third favorite game of dodgeball in an anime. How could I forget about the 40 year old looking guy on PTSD, lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 11, 2022 2:57 PM

Nov 2017
LMAO the reference in various anime (Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball, Inazuma Eleven)! 😂
Jun 11, 2022 3:00 PM

Dec 2016
Bill is an impostor! XD He can't be a student in Eden College with that size. His height is twice the size of a 6 year old and his knowledge/IQ is surreal! Either he's a spy or came from the future. Maybe he's the same like Anya with the experiments... Who knows...

Oh Anya, better luck next time. You did great ^-^ Just ignore Damian XD

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 11, 2022 3:03 PM

May 2021
This episode was entertaining beyond the obvious Anya fanservice moments, the comedy wasn't half as bad and reinforce my idea that the series just shines when it does stuff that is obviously heavily inspired by cliches and physical comedy, which is fine by my perspective but sadly far from what the series is trying to do most of the time

Paul_Foreign said:

EDIT: I just checked and this whole episode mostly adapted a single chapter. Adding fluff eye candy does not automatically mean the source material was improved. What's with this awful pacing the entire season?

tss tell that to 99% the community that equates good adaptation to just having ""good"" animation instead of being able to capture the essence of the source hah

Jun 11, 2022 3:19 PM

May 2015
Damian saving Anya was perfect. Such a tsun lol.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 11, 2022 3:58 PM

Mar 2021
Gween_Gween said:
This episode was entertaining beyond the obvious Anya fanservice moments, the comedy wasn't half as bad and reinforce my idea that the series just shines when it does stuff that is obviously heavily inspired by cliches and physical comedy, which is fine by my perspective but sadly far from what the series is trying to do most of the time
Paul_Foreign said:
tss tell that to 99% the community that equates good adaptation to just having ""good"" animation instead of being able to capture the essence of the source hah
For real. I'm repeating myself but the anime feels much more like it's a slice of life show than an action/comedy show. As you said, it kinda misses the essence of the source material :/

Jun 11, 2022 4:13 PM

Apr 2016
DAN1765 said:
reminds me of gon playing a dodgeball games with razor

SAME!!! especially the part where damian tried to catch the ball. Just like the Gon, Killua, Hisoka catch
Jun 11, 2022 4:32 PM
Oct 2020
Paul_Foreign said:
Gween_Gween said:
For real. I'm repeating myself but the anime feels much more like it's a slice of life show than an action/comedy show. As you said, it kinda misses the essence of the source material :/
this episode was a comedy bro. WHAT THE H...? YOU BLIND?
Jun 11, 2022 4:34 PM
Oct 2020
Paul_Foreign said:
Gween_Gween said:
the work in general is a comedy, action and drama are additional moments that the plot allows to be placed. spy x family has several mixed genres but the predominant one is comedy.
Jun 11, 2022 4:51 PM

Mar 2010
These training montages are always fun, and seeing the goofyness is always a joy.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 11, 2022 4:58 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
That was definitely a dodgeball game to end all dodgeball games lol, Bazooka Bill was hilarious and is a good example of one of the kids that got their early growth spurt, also the fact that he’s the son of a military officer lol, he looked small compared to him. Anya’s “Star Catch Arrow” looked amazing but ended up being a dud lol, but she gets an A for effort and presentation.

Damien coming around and saving Anya was great too, love how overdramatic everything was as well lol, kinda reminds me of a certain snowball fight this season. And the Yor and Anya training session was awesome too, I wanna be hit by one of those throws lol.

The references were plentiful this episode.
TheColonel76Jun 11, 2022 5:09 PM
Jun 11, 2022 5:21 PM

Sep 2018
The anime adaptation of this scene is so extra and I love it lol it’s sooo funny!!
They make it exaggerated like in sports anime xD I laugh so hard in Anya’s finishing move and Emile’s dramatic “dead” scene lol
Jun 11, 2022 5:24 PM
Mar 2018
Billy’s voice killed me man.
Jun 11, 2022 5:50 PM

Nov 2021
i like the exaggerated moves and the dbz reference

Jun 11, 2022 6:02 PM
May 2019
LOL This episode was crazyyyy.

I was looking forward to the dodgeball match, as was previewed last week, but I didn't know it would be as dramatic as this. I mean, Yor's training was well over what you'd usually get for some dodgeball game (p.s. her overwhelming power literally knows no bounds), there was an actual grown ass man in a 6-year-old kindergarten class (deep voice, oldie glasses, p.s. how the hell tall is his father if "6y/o" is already towering over his classmates??), the visualization training Damian and his dudes were doing, and the random gusts of wind coming from inside the gym. I mean... whew! Taking it all in lol

Anyway, hilarious episode. For some reason, I knew Anya would fail. Glad this wasn't for a Stella, though.
Jun 11, 2022 6:13 PM

Jun 2020
Now I'm really looking forward to more Yor assassin scenes from all her flashbacks reminding her job from being normal, I think it's not a good idea to teach Anya a killer throw especially coming from Yor

Surely I'm not looking at Yor's ass while she's explaining how to throw shirley, Casually throwing a fucking missile at the time too I don't like where that's going like that time Anya punched the hell out of Damian

No shot this manchild is 6 years old like this kid is built like a tank, Okay he called his father "daddy" he is 6 years old and his dad is a giant no wonder he's like a tank, What do you mean he'll hold back at girls when he went all out at 2 of them at the start of his throw, Damian sacrifice okay that's new, Anya crying really looks like Yor crying what, and her gasp when she was shocked really sounds like Yor when she was drunk at the castle lmao.
Jun 11, 2022 6:13 PM

Apr 2021
I called the end of the dodge ball game before it happened, but was completely disappointed that I was right, since it does not make any sense.

Yor taught Anya to seriously punch. Anya learns from Yor and she was able to seriously punch the mean boy across the hall. So Yor’s teaching benefited Anya, even if it harmed the mission at this time.

Yor teaches Anya to seriously throw a dodge ball. But this time, Anya does not learn to throw like Yor. After stating that she wants to become the body friend for the mission, then the mean boy saves her, then hyping up her next throw, only to produce an extremely lame pathetic failed attempt. Anya loses the match and she complains that Yor doesn’t teach anything that benefits her.

This does not follow the logic in the previous episode and actually took away from the flow of the show.

It would have made more sense to have Anya learn from Yor to throw the ball, seriously knock out that huge kid, impress the boy and her friend, then finds out that there was no metal involved, which would have been humorous.

It would have been so satisfying and hilarious to have that huge kid get a ball to face or gut throw this little girl, knocking him out.

I considered this a failed opportunity to have Anya and Yor get closer, plus to have Anya keep learning training from Yor & Loid.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jun 11, 2022 6:17 PM

Jun 2015
The first few minutes of Prof. Henderson's elegance made me appreciate the serene moments of the morning when I watched the episode. I should definitely try to be that elegant.

The dodge ball has a very shounen setup, haha! It reminds me of HxH dodge ball in Greed Island. Fun match, full of stereotypical power of friendship from shounen alike, wrapped in a comical way.
Jun 11, 2022 6:38 PM

Jun 2008
Bro...if Bill is 6 years old....I'm a 15 year old Catgirl!

This was a REALLY great episode.

The best part was the animation used during Anya's last shot, which I figured she was gonna miss or something unexpected like that, but it was still done rather comedic, especially when they cut to Bill screaming because he also expected something incredible, and then he casually throws the ball over and hits Anya, that was hilarious.

I can't believe there are only 2 episodes left!

Thankfully we have Part 2 later on this year.
Jun 11, 2022 6:43 PM

Jan 2021
Gotta train harder Anya!!
Jun 11, 2022 7:00 PM

Feb 2011
this episode felt like filler. Didnt really help the plot at all, and honestly nothing interesting happened aside from seeing Yor's monstrous strength again.

Dropped from 9 to 8.

Jun 11, 2022 7:01 PM

May 2020
So will Bond appear or not???
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 11, 2022 7:16 PM

Dec 2020
damn elementry dodgeball game getting better animation than some action fantasy shounen😭😭

soo many anime original scenes this time as well and again, i dont dislike it at all.

billy's voice actor was perfect for the job and god he's hilarious
Jun 11, 2022 7:22 PM

Jul 2016
Playing a dodgeball match as if your life depended on it? 100% relatable.

Also Damian imagining he was training in Namek got me good xD And the way how he looked like he was protecting Anya from a fucking Rasengan LMAO. So priceless.
Jun 11, 2022 7:54 PM

Aug 2018
Star Catcher Super Arrow
Well, Anya has to play Dodgeball and win to get a Stella. And Yor trained her for that, he taught her a technique and Anya was ready to use it, but the result was different hahaha xD
Good chapter.
Jun 11, 2022 8:15 PM

Sep 2020
Electrifying episode. Love the anime original content the art and animation everything was perfect.

Thank you Wit and Cloverworks for improving the source material.
Jun 11, 2022 8:19 PM

Nov 2009
The Sports Competition episode.

Apparently everyone heard from "class 7"... (wonder who's spread the rumor)

And we begins with Yor training Anya... not sure on the part about Yor killing trees with a ball tho, LOL

(they even had the waterfall training...)

___ ___ ___

And the Dodgeball game starts.

With a fuking Bill (totally not 6+10+30 years of age) Watkins... if he isn't an actual monster, he might have the Progeria disorder...

(BTW... Damian did imaging training of him in Shounen anime (DBZ), lol)

Also, Anya really don't like Damian all that much cause she can hear what he's really thinking... (she called him annoying and a shithead, lol)

Just as it was all over, Anya's mind reading lets her "dodge" all of Bill's attacks.
But accidentally fell down with Bill not going easy as Damian decides to step in and tries to stop the ball. (he did stop it, but did not catch it)

Then Anya tries to use the "killer shot" (literally BTW... that ball Yor threw could kill). But since Anya isn't as physically talented as Yor, the outcome of the threw is different, LOL.

(in a way... you could say... Anya... Threw The Game)

(should have gone the One Punch or BokuHero beginning training routine instead)

___ ___ ___
amlgJun 11, 2022 8:24 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2022

237 by Poppy123 »»
Mar 26, 5:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.