Forum Settings
Forums

What lesser known Japanese video game, would you like to see be adapted?

New
May 24, 2022 4:12 PM
Dec 2017
Like a bolt from the blueits time for another threadview!!

Well by now ya’ll know I love vidya gamez and especially lesser known stuff too especially if it’s a Japanese exclusive given how the smash series introduced many of us to stuff like Fire Emblem as a big example that went from being obscure in Japan to now, a world wide hit selling a fuck ton of millions of copies after introducing Marth and Roy in smash to now so much more FE characters to the point its oversatured as fucking hell as Nintendo is on some kind of fucking crack or some other fucking shit thinking that its not a fucking hit internationally even though sales says fucking otherwise.

So point being, the irony of fe’s anime being discontinued since it wasn’t popular enough fast forward now hell maybe it can work so that’s what todays topic is and well lets go with my personal options. Other FE entries here btw are just mainly shorts promoting the game and my jrpg buddy @Phloup loves the series as much as I do.

Case 1 Trace Memory

Its an easy fit as an ova as it can be completed in a day in a few hours and also with its story having 0 plotholes and also small cast especially with its intimate personal story telling and nice hand drawn artstyle would be big draws into having an adaptation.

Case 2 Hotel Dusk Room 215

Very few games, use a rotoscoped animation style and Hotel Dusk is one of them and Linkin Park’s breaking the habit is honestly the only anime related thing I've seen that uses it so it would be interesting to see how a full ova adaptation handles that kind of style. It would prolly be a 2 parter like Black Butler Book of murder since it’s a tad longer, than trace memory and ofc yah we need more noir stories up in here so why the fuck not?

Case 3 Time Hollow

Instead of ova format like the first 2 cases, it would prolly be a 12 episode anime since its not that long of a game. Its time traveling concept mystery concept is interesting and its been a while since we had a time travel mystery in modern times at least from what I see because its just neetaku isekai this neetaku isekai that. :/ And studio aic animated the cutscenes in the game so maybe they can return to animate a full adaptation as well as get the cast back as well too.

Case 4 Infinite Space

Well this is the toughest out of all them as ain’t no fucking way at all 12 or 24 could do this game justice at all. 50 episodes may work and split the story parts one half and another half for each period of time the game sets in. And production I.g and gonzo coming back to work on this since they did a couple of shorts promoting the game in the past could work.

So that’s my personal favorite games that aren’t well known that could work as adaptations mayhaps now what about you guys? Got any favorite lesser known video games you wanna see have a manga or anime adaptation?

Disapeared_GhostOct 2, 2022 10:03 AM

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 24, 2022 4:19 PM

May 2018
Crow_Black said:
Hotel Dusk Room 215

And no Last Window: The Secret of Cape West sequel?
You loose points here...

I have mentioned this before, I would like an anima adaptations of Septtera Core - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septerra_Core and Morpheus - [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morpheus_(1998_video_game)[/url]
May 24, 2022 4:21 PM

Jul 2019
None.

Video game adaptations don't really work, they are breaking into a different medium that was not made for the different physical experiences of video games. I don't remember any that worked, but teams don't seem to be good at adapting this kind of shit so it is better nothing gets the "enlightenment" of anime.
May 24, 2022 4:21 PM
Dec 2017
alshu said:
Crow_Black said:
Hotel Dusk Room 215

And no Last Window: The Secret of Cape West sequel?
You loose points here...

I have mentioned this before, I would like an anima adaptations of Septtera Core - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septerra_Core and Morpheus - [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morpheus_(1998_video_game)[/url]

I honestly wanna get that sequel as well too and i hadn't known about those before may look into those games soon.

May 24, 2022 4:22 PM
Dec 2017
NextUniverse said:
None.

Video game adaptations don't really work, they are breaking into a different medium that was not made for the different physical experiences of video games. I don't remember any that worked, but teams don't seem to be good at adapting this kind of shit so it is better nothing gets the "enlightenment" of anime.

The super mario movie is going to suck miles away lol.

May 24, 2022 4:23 PM

Sep 2019
obviously counter strike 1.6 or source
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2022 6:25 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Supposing we're in a universe where video game adaptations DON'T suck, then maybe Rune Factory Frontier!

May 28, 2022 6:31 PM
Dec 2017
Fario-P said:
Supposing we're in a universe where video game adaptations DON'T suck, then maybe Rune Factory Frontier!

I am so looking forward to seeing those "scenes" when my bday comes around soon.

May 28, 2022 6:46 PM

May 2015
Super Mecha Champions! It has an interesting concept and a range of characters with individual mini-stories that could be nicely arranged into a larger story. And it's a battle royal and it has mechs. I don't play it anymore because the game itself is mostly focused on gatcha, but I would really enjoy seeing it animated with proper storytelling that explores each character in more depth.
May 28, 2022 6:50 PM
Dec 2017
Ten said:
Super Mecha Champions! It has an interesting concept and a range of characters with individual mini-stories that could be nicely arranged into a larger story. And it's a battle royal and it has mechs. I don't play it anymore because the game itself is mostly focused on gatcha, but I would really enjoy seeing it animated with proper storytelling that explores each character in more depth.

You may also like Custom Robo Arena and Super Robot Wars Taisen O.G Saga Endless Frontier.

May 28, 2022 6:51 PM

Aug 2020
I commend you on your taste in games, I've played and loved all of them, but that's the thing - I PLAYED them. They were fun because I'm the one who got to wander around and find the clues and figure stuff out. Removing the interactive element, I don't think they'd be as fun.

I'm not a big fan of videogame adaptations in general for that exact reason, but if I had to pick one game it would be FFXIV. Yeah ok, not exactly unknown considering it's the most active MMORPG in the world at this point, but MMOs in general are niché so whatever x)
MMO anime just hit a certain spot. Ever since I've seen the anime style TV adverts FFXIV released, I've been wanting that to become a full-fledged thing. It took me back to the days when I watched the Ragnarok Online and .hack animes, back before I could afford a PC that could handle MMORPGs, so all I could do was watch and dream~

Oh yeah, the ads btw:
May 28, 2022 6:56 PM
Dec 2017
SleepySera said:
I commend you on your taste in games, I've played and loved all of them, but that's the thing - I PLAYED them. They were fun because I'm the one who got to wander around and find the clues and figure stuff out. Removing the interactive element, I don't think they'd be as fun.

I'm not a big fan of videogame adaptations in general for that exact reason, but if I had to pick one game it would be FFXIV. Yeah ok, not exactly unknown considering it's the most active MMORPG in the world at this point, but MMOs in general are niché so whatever x)
MMO anime just hit a certain spot. Ever since I've seen the anime style TV adverts FFXIV released, I've been wanting that to become a full-fledged thing. It took me back to the days when I watched the Ragnarok Online and .hack animes, back before I could afford a PC that could handle MMORPGs, so all I could do was watch and dream~

Oh yeah, the ads btw:

Have you tried The World Ends With You yet? its a really incredible game.

May 28, 2022 7:22 PM

Feb 2020
I want a Shaft anime based on the Rusty Lake/Cube Escape games. Obviously some heavy changes would have to be made since they're point and click adventures but it could be so good.
May 28, 2022 7:26 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale.

Mainly, just because I want more fanart of Charme. It's also a fun premise that I think could adapt well, at least for an OVA.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
May 29, 2022 4:00 AM
Dec 2017
StarfireDragon said:

Mainly, just because I want more fanart of Charme. It's also a fun premise that I think could adapt well, at least for an OVA.

Hadn't play the game before but it sounds like an interseting idea.

May 29, 2022 4:24 AM

Dec 2018
Fario-P said:

A RF anime could be so good! I’d love to see how Trampoli would be animated. I can already imagine it as a laid back episodic slice of life series where every few episodes there is a slight focus on the story and dungeons whilst still keeping a relaxed atmosphere.
May 29, 2022 4:25 AM

Nov 2019
A Golden Sun (think Final Fantasy meets Avatar: The Last Airbender) anime adaptation would be pretty cool. The art style and character designs are anime af anyway. Could have some cool fights plus seeing djinni animated would be pretty awesome.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
May 29, 2022 4:25 AM

May 2018
An Under Night In-Birth anime would be so sick, but idk anymore after saying that about TWEWY.

May 29, 2022 4:56 AM

Apr 2019
Not very less know but Yakuza 0 since it's the best of Yakuza games and the story is worth animated

Also, Nier:Automata will have an anime adaptation but I don't think it's a good idea. The game is already a masterpiece, a rough diamond, so I'm not waiting for an animation worth the quality of the game
たのむ

May 29, 2022 10:07 AM
Dec 2017
Millufer said:
An Under Night In-Birth anime would be so sick, but idk anymore after saying that about TWEWY.

Yeah TWEWY's adaptation really did suck alot just ask me or Fario.

May 29, 2022 10:08 AM
Dec 2017
SignsOfSuicide said:
A Golden Sun (think Final Fantasy meets Avatar: The Last Airbender) anime adaptation would be pretty cool. The art style and character designs are anime af anyway. Could have some cool fights plus seeing djinni animated would be pretty awesome.

Golden Sun is one of my personal favorite games and i wish Camelot would come back to the series one day.

May 29, 2022 10:16 AM
Dec 2017
Monochrosanity said:
Fario-P said:

A RF anime could be so good! I’d love to see how Trampoli would be animated. I can already imagine it as a laid back episodic slice of life series where every few episodes there is a slight focus on the story and dungeons whilst still keeping a relaxed atmosphere.

Yeah i agree with you as well since rune factory is anime material.

May 29, 2022 10:26 AM

Jun 2020
Runescape isekai where the main character have 99 in all skills in rune in "real life" and then gets transported to Gielinor.

Not really a lesser known but thats what came to mind.
May 29, 2022 10:29 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Crow_Black said:
StarfireDragon said:

Hadn't play the game before but it sounds like an interseting idea.

It's a lot of fun. I'd definitely recommend it.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jun 1, 2022 12:41 PM
Dec 2017
SungJin-W00 said:
Not very less know but Yakuza 0 since it's the best of Yakuza games and the story is worth animated

Also, Nier:Automata will have an anime adaptation but I don't think it's a good idea. The game is already a masterpiece, a rough diamond, so I'm not waiting for an animation worth the quality of the game

Yakuza had a couple of adaptations in the past j-dramas. And oneo f the spin offs also has a manga as well here on the db.

Jun 5, 2022 5:57 AM
Oct 2021
Live-A-Live, I think it would make for a good short series, it would obviously fit into a lot of different genres considering the concept of the game.
Jun 5, 2022 6:18 AM

Jul 2021
Old point-and-click games from LucasArts: Maniac Mansion for time travel, Full Throttle for biker gangs and crime solving, The Dig for sci-fi with existentialism, Monkey Island for adventure, pirates and magic.
Jun 5, 2022 6:40 AM

Oct 2018
Omori could become a good anime, everybody should play this game at least once.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 5, 2022 6:49 AM

Jul 2021
I would, maybe, remember some obscure game that I played a long time ago if I tried, but I'm thinking on Xenoblade.
A good adaptation of the og Xenoblade into anime could be really cool to see.

Also, would a VN count on this type of question? I mean, technically they ARE videogames.
Jun 5, 2022 7:10 AM
Dec 2017
TeBaTe said:
I would, maybe, remember some obscure game that I played a long time ago if I tried, but I'm thinking on Xenoblade.
A good adaptation of the og Xenoblade into anime could be really cool to see.

Also, would a VN count on this type of question? I mean, technically they ARE videogames.

Yeah obscure visual novels as well are a good place to explore.

Jun 5, 2022 7:10 AM
Dec 2017
Phosphophyllita said:
Omori could become a good anime, everybody should play this game at least once.

Omori i so wanna try out soon when the switch version comes out.

Jun 5, 2022 7:26 AM

Jul 2020
I’d like to see the SMT series — specifically the Devil Summoner Raidou games. Set in Taisho era Japan, with his cat he solves cases and mysteries as well as fights demons. The main character of Seraph of the End resembles him quite a bit. Raidou is also the 14th or 15th Kuzunoha, so they can do the others before or after him.
Jun 5, 2022 7:35 AM

Jul 2020
CrossCode is my pick. It’s got an amazing story and characters, and I think with a handful of tweaks, I think it could work in anime form.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Jun 5, 2022 8:56 AM
Dec 2017
triplepsycho said:
CrossCode is my pick. It’s got an amazing story and characters, and I think with a handful of tweaks, I think it could work in anime form.

yeah i heard about the game it looks pretty fun.

Jun 5, 2022 8:59 AM
Dec 2017
Zen98 said:
I’d like to see the SMT series — specifically the Devil Summoner Raidou games. Set in Taisho era Japan, with his cat he solves cases and mysteries as well as fights demons. The main character of Seraph of the End resembles him quite a bit. Raidou is also the 14th or 15th Kuzunoha, so they can do the others before or after him.

devil survivor 2 had an anime adaptation.

Jun 5, 2022 9:15 AM

Dec 2015
Necrobarista would make for a great Shaft anime
Jun 5, 2022 9:25 AM

Jul 2015
I've been saying this time and time again:

Honkai Impact 3rd needs an anime adaptation!

Jun 5, 2022 9:28 AM

Jul 2020
Crow_Black said:
Zen98 said:

Not the same subseries. Totally different characters. You may be confusing Devil Survivor, a SRPG with the Raidou games, an ARPG.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_Summoner
Jun 5, 2022 9:30 AM
Dec 2017
Zen98 said:
Crow_Black said:

Not the same subseries. Totally different characters. You may be confusing Devil Survivor, a SRPG with the Raidou games, an ARPG.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_Summoner

ah i getcha thanks for the clarification.

Jun 5, 2022 10:04 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
StarfireDragon said:

Ah yes, Capitalism simulator waifu edition. I was totally thinking of this when I saw the thread title. I would also enjoy a good tales of berseria adapt, but based on prior tales game adapts I don't think it would work out well.
Jun 5, 2022 10:09 AM
Dec 2017
SkyfallStar said:
Necrobarista would make for a great Shaft anime

i also liked another simialr game as well vahalla bartender story.

Jun 5, 2022 10:16 AM
Dec 2017
Perrywinkle3 said:
Live-A-Live, I think it would make for a good short series, it would obviously fit into a lot of different genres considering the concept of the game.

i'm really looking forward to trying that game soon.

Jun 5, 2022 1:05 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
ACasualViewer said:
StarfireDragon said:

Ah yes, Capitalism simulator waifu edition. I was totally thinking of this when I saw the thread title. I would also enjoy a good tales of berseria adapt, but based on prior tales game adapts I don't think it would work out well.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking about it.

Jun 5, 2022 1:44 PM
Laika Moonlight

Dec 2020
Kid Icarus Uprising. I know it had an anthology ONA, but, gods dammit, I want a full-length TV adaptation of the greatest story ever written!
My greatest contribution to this website:
Jun 5, 2022 2:10 PM

May 2013
A want a sweet bl made for Nu Carnival and ufotable to make something with Punishing: Gray Raven, just please.

Jun 5, 2022 2:23 PM
Dec 2017
Shinah said:
A want a sweet bl made for Nu Carnival and ufotable to make something with Punishing: Gray Raven, just please.

Not exactly gacha, but you may like Xenoblade 2 its a really good jrpg.

Jun 6, 2022 12:33 PM
Dec 2017
Kii_Ibarra said:
Kid Icarus Uprising. I know it had an anthology ONA, but, gods dammit, I want a full-length TV adaptation of the greatest story ever written!

i wanna play the kid icarus games but now its too pricey welp.

Jun 6, 2022 12:52 PM
Laika Moonlight

Dec 2020
Crow_Black said:
i wanna play the kid icarus games but now its too pricey welp.
Oof, that's a shame. While the 3DS eShop is still up, you can (at-least last I checked) get the first two for pretty cheap, if you don't mind digital downloads

I definitely think Uprising is worth the price, though. Hope you get to paly 'em, one day! ^u^
My greatest contribution to this website:
Jun 6, 2022 12:57 PM

Oct 2020
Golden sun (gba) ?
It's not exactly underrated, but i would love to see this series get a little more recognition
Jun 6, 2022 12:58 PM

Mar 2022
Cytus 2 with original art style, because I want to see Neko and Aroma
And fire emblem sacred stone

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

110 by Kiryotsu »»
39 seconds ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

81 by girltokyo »»
1 minute ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

130 by -YaoiBoy- »»
20 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

216 by Coaghim »»
28 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

33 by FanofAction »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.