Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 22, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Olivia is literally a magnet for bullying even this late in the show. It's sad...

Leon put up a decent fight with his mech again but it seems like he's not in a good mood. Either way, Olivia really needs to get stronger. Seeing her in a vulnerable side is really not fun in this show.
May 22, 2022 6:30 AM

Apr 2014
Dammm.... those trash nobles, especially that braided trash.
The noble of this series is truly a virus of the world. Everything will be better without those trash and power-crazed nobles.
何それ?意味分かんない
May 22, 2022 6:55 AM

Jul 2017
Olivia really got herself into a frenzy by leaning herself into the world of trash nobles, and I already hate the entire school's brash condition, not just accounting for the insipid bullying torture.

As for Leon, the sky pirates event is next, but it's also a request from Carla as a follower of the Offrey daughter Stephanie, whom has he surmised, as a mob character he shouldn't cut in, but has to because of the circumstances surrounding her. The subjugation of the sky pirates with Leon and Prince Julius's lackeys reeks his nature, and Angelica finding out that it's all her workings is just time to figure out to get back at her soon.

Unlucky for them, Leon's Arroganz is ready to face the Winged Sharks, and the duel battle episodes ago was just a small taste of its offerings in battle. And unlucky for Carla, Leon foiled her plan, knowing fully well that Olivia was forced into the situation, and he ain't letting them off easily. The problem now hinges on Olivia clearing her mind, and how Leon and Angelica treats her now, she's rearing all of the negatives.

Time for some backtrack introspection for Leon.
May 22, 2022 7:05 AM

Nov 2019
Looks like the two nobles got humbled by a real fight. I don't even know what there were expecting, coming completely unprepared and under-geared.

Carla thought she could just blame everything on Olivia, while she is having an existential crisis, and Leon (of all people) would believe her. Even if she was manipulated by Stephanie, that was still low.

May 22, 2022 7:05 AM

Nov 2011
God Angie's development has just been so fucking good. Like god damn she is such a great character.

I get the disconnect between Angie and Olivia too because even though they are close there is that Noblity factor that plays a role into being on equal terms and they both realize that. But I am curious how they will break that normalcy of nobility and be friends with each other. I am excited for that.

I thought it was interesting that Leo has not taken his own advice in the sense of "This is not a game" when screaming at Carla and her father. It only took him to the end of the episode to realize that Olivia is struggling and that he basically only saw her as the "Main Heroine" that he was probably just using her. Which I think is awesome because this whole show so far Leon has been flawless but now it's nice to see him get a "reality" check and maybe take a good look at whats important and what is "Real Life" now.

Even Luxion knew that Leon was holding Olivia back and that he needed to realize this is not a game as well.

Edit: I am actually enjoying them working the Princes into episodes as well and seeing their development along the way.

Great episode overall though.
SoraSenpaiMay 22, 2022 7:10 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 22, 2022 7:19 AM
Oct 2016
These machinations of that earls daughter from the Offrey family are becoming an even bigger nuisance. Now she's trying to send Leon and Olivia to their deaths on this farce of a request. Leon naturally too smart to fall for such easy tactics. With his previous game knowledge he knows all well what these sky pirates have in store. Two of the romantic interests stooges tag along is kinds annoying but at least we more of them as characters now. Giving them all more to do, especially with Leon, let's them stop being typical light novel arrogant nobles. Which is nice to see their characters develop even slightly. That earls daughter manipulating Olivia made my blood boil. Same when she talked to Angelica but Angie fought back somewhat. The Wayne family girl doesn't sit right with me either, whys she's helping this vile bitch so much. I'm glad that once they arrived at the Wayne family land things got sorted out. Seeing Olivia sad made my heart hurt. I hope that things can be smoothed over between our three main characters.
May 22, 2022 7:56 AM

Aug 2021
Leon focused quite a bit on the pirate issue and getting the girl to confess all about how they were looking to corner them, that he really neglected Olivia on her problem and how she was harassed, see what he will do to remedy it.
May 22, 2022 8:53 AM

Jun 2020
Been a while since i've seen nobles this punchable in anime. Two of the sparkling ikemen got a lil' character development though. That's neat.
May 22, 2022 9:21 AM
Sep 2015
Livia cause more problems to Leon than sky pirates.

I'm glad I see a character development from prince and his friends (love Greg!) but I hope other guys like Dan senpai are not just a one-time character. Dan senpai is so great, he even save Leon's live!

And Leon has to stop think of himself as a mob character (even though it's a main point of the story). But I've to admire his "no kill policy", I agree that there's no normal people that can cheerily kill other people, even if they're bad people. So this may be the part I've to thank to him sticking to his mob character ideology.

Is it time for a villain that do more and talk less? While that count's daughter (is her name Stephanie?) is great at breaking a relationship, she's not giving Leon a true physical challenge. I'll wait for Black Knight, even though Luxion will probably be the one to defeat all physical challenge to Leon. I'll have to watch girls drama for a while (which is fun to watch anyway).
May 22, 2022 9:26 AM

Feb 2010
Poor Olivia. I'm sad because her.
May 22, 2022 9:31 AM

May 2021
Great episode! I feel bad for Olivia, hope she feels better and stops getting bullied!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 22, 2022 9:35 AM

Apr 2021
Leon is far more concerned in the game's progress than what his' companions feel. Failing to see Olivia's worth and only see's her as the protagonist of the game, like an actual game character but he's forgetting that he's already part of that world. Yes, I understand that he's just a mob but he already involved himself with them. He seems to be resolving their problems but only to leave deeper wounds on them.

Now how is he going to patch things up with Olivia in the next episode I wonder.

May 22, 2022 9:41 AM

Jan 2021
Having read ahead I like how they make him look stupid by focusing on the game but you will understand later why it's important.

I do like how they addressed the fact Olivia's current status is a doormat.
May 22, 2022 9:41 AM

Jul 2015
Great episode.Livia's bullying is really hard to see,it really makes me angry.

Leon easily beats the sky pirates and the conspiracy is revealed publicly.But Livia has mental breakdown from the constant bullying.Hope everything gets better soon.

May 22, 2022 9:43 AM
Jun 2012
Where do they find these stupid cliche mustache twirling villains? It takes down this animes already struggling level of quality to below ground.
May 22, 2022 10:04 AM

Oct 2017
So many deep things in this episode and so many deep quotes. I can't wait for the next episode

And the part where Leon talks about the guys by color is so relatable lmao
May 22, 2022 10:13 AM

Sep 2018
Fuck me, what right has this trash show to be getting so good !?

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
May 22, 2022 10:15 AM

Feb 2019
I thought this show was so boring at the beginning but it’s gradually got a lot better. Feel so bad for Olivia buying into that garbage that bully was speaking. But at the same time, it is kinda true. Leon doesn’t see her as a pet, but he doesn’t really see Olivia as a proper friend and equal, he’s only close to her for his benefit.
May 22, 2022 10:21 AM

Dec 2014
Well that was an intense episode, and by the looks of it, next will also be. I wish Leon would just ignore the whole mob thing and at least try to do whatever he wants for once, deliberately I mean, because tbh he already does to a certain extend. I also see that they can up the drama and get it little more intense if they actually try, which I guess is to be expected when you're approaching the final episodes and now that "relationships" are a little bit more built and complex.

Now I wonder how Leon will respond to Livia's statement because it really affected him. Will he be cold and say some twisted thing that in a way is a nice thing, at least in it his head, or will he open up, or maybe there won't be even time to adress it. Which tbh, she had a point to a certain extend because, at least Leon, does see her as somebody he wants to help to get where she needs to be, like getting her the items and trying to not get to involve because he's a mob. But the reason I say to "a certain extend" is because maybe subconsciously he actually does care for her and just simply didn't realize until this episode, or maybe he does know but refuses to accept it. Anyways, it will be interesting seeing where it all goes.
Shinagawa101May 22, 2022 10:34 AM
May 22, 2022 10:22 AM

Apr 2010
Kind of a shame that the anime left out some of the bullying scene. During the bullying, the door was left open and a teacher walks by, Olivia calls out to her for help, but after the teacher notices the Earl's daughter and just walks away, ignoring Olivia and bullying. Really drives home how powerless Olivia is here and for Olivia that she's not equal to Leon and Angie, or rather nobles in general.
May 22, 2022 10:59 AM

Jun 2016
the drama is very well cooked !!

i loved this show !!
May 22, 2022 11:18 AM

May 2021
man i really love this anime but the animation is just becoming stiffer, a season 2 of this would be nice but with another studio if possible 😔
May 22, 2022 12:09 PM
Mar 2021
it's amazing how much I like this show considering the deeply questionable animation quality, but the other aspects are pretty strong, it's kind of a stark demonstration to me that animation matters less to me than writing, because Shikimori is the inverse of this, a show with GREAT animation and atrocious writing.

granted, I think most of the supporting players aren't that interesting yet, but it feels like they CAN be. It was interesting having Purple and Red (like Leon I refuse to learn their names) realize they don't know shit about combat, and also their confusion when Leon said the enemy was attacking was a nice way of demonstrating their fundamental disconnect between their ideals and their experience.

but Leon and Angelica are pretty well-written, and Olivia's finally getting some good development. That awful bully isn't completely wrong about her situation. Despite the fact neither Leon nor Angelica see her that way, there's unavoidable realities, and Leon in particular has been too overprotective, as Luxion noted. It's kind of like a parent that does every tough thing for their kid. Olivia has to be able to fight her own battles.

Also Leon's "I'm a mob character" mindset is becoming increasingly absurd, but I know all too well how easy it is to be trapped in a schema of the world that doesn't really comport with reality. He's accomplished too many amazing things! His reputation precedes him! He's doing the nobles' job of dealing with pirates. For crissakes, the Queen of the Kingdom might be lowkey into him! But his mindset is kind of what keeps him interesting as a character, so I'm not necessarily eager to see him get too arrogant. It kind of keeps him from getting TOO out of control - he only goes ham when he thinks he has the latitude to do so. And we can see that while he's greedy and petty, his "I'm not the protagonist" mindset actually makes him more moral! Someone with protagonist syndrome would 100% have guilt-free murda-lized those pirates. But he went non-lethal because he doesn't want to be one of those freaks that can unempathetically murder goons for justice.
May 22, 2022 12:10 PM

May 2015
Oh wow, didn't expect that emotional ending to the episode.

Its interesting to see as I've never seen this type of story explore that element of why the MC would be nice to the heroine. Her words do hit a bit hard too as Leon literally was just being nice to her due to her being the heroine in the game.

I hope they do introduce a romance between Leon and Livia
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 22, 2022 12:39 PM
Mar 2016
Now that I think about it, Leon and Olivia situation is like in Fire Emblem gameplay.

You can solely use "OP in early game" mentor type character to clear the way for you in early chapter but the experience point won't distribute to the weaker member of the party who is OP late game with proper leveling and become much more useful.

By the time you reach harder chapter, those poor character end up become a bit too weak to be useful . So the entire sky pirate scenario is like "Leon trying to obtain class change item for Olivia to become saint but he absolutely forgot to leveling and update relationship with her."
May 22, 2022 1:07 PM

May 2021
Someone please sentence Stephanie to the Keyaru punishment for bullying lil' Olivia like that. That said, it is indeed true that Leon doesn't fully see Olivia as a friend so its a good thing that its being addressed.

The other two nobles remind me a lot of the three stooges from Shield hero although they aren't heroes so its fine, I suppose. And it looks like they might have some degree of character development.

May 22, 2022 1:09 PM

Feb 2012
Stephanie is pure scum as is her proxy Carla. Leon calling the bishounens by their hair colors rather than their names lol.

The Queen is still infatuated with Leon, yessss.

Arroganz fucking floored the sky pirates.

Leon is nice to Olivia but has given up on romance with her since he knows she's destined to be a saint and he sees himself as a mob character despite the amazing feats he's pulled off.

But if her becoming a saint is from the game, have they already not diverged from the route by having Marie steal all of Olivia's potential love interests? Leon could fill that void.
Fortress_MaximusMay 22, 2022 1:13 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 22, 2022 1:55 PM
Dec 2021
The queen was blushing!!!!
May 22, 2022 2:21 PM

Feb 2021
Very harsh episode indeed. Poor Livia. And astonished Leon at the end of the episode.
May 22, 2022 3:01 PM

May 2018
Well then in the end Carla ends up spilling the beans on that arrogant noble.
May 22, 2022 3:11 PM

Feb 2021
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Well then in the end Carla ends up spilling the beans on that arrogant noble.

She deserved it!! Great Ange!!
May 22, 2022 3:20 PM
Jun 2019
Some call the caps because I think I'm about to commit murder. JK
But for real tho, where's the great Keyaru-sama when you really need him. That b**ch needs some heals.

On a different note, this episode kinda made me like Livia a little bit less. Okay... hear me out.
If you have friends, who clearly care about you, and then someone who clearly prays for your downfall; someone who has "hurt" your friend (Leon during his tea party), says something horrible about them to you, or that they [your friends] don't like you. Do you believe them? No, seriously do you believe them? NO!!! Of course, you don't. Why would you take their words as if they're the holy gospel? She clearly wants to hurt you, and you've given them the chance to do so. That truly shows the state of your relationship if you're willing to believe in the words of an enemy without batting an eye - zero trust.
Has there ever been anything that even slightly suggested that Leon wants her body? NO. I mean, if he does, there are MUCH, MUCH, MUCH easier ways to do so. And Leon, being Leon, would have already taken those ways.

I don't know man. This kinda feels forced. A normal person would have at least talked with their friends to clear things up, instead of attacking them as she did. No scratch that. A normal person wouldn't even believe her in the first place. There has been NOTHING that could even suggest that she cares about Livia in the slightest. It's basically like a random person stopping you in the street to tell you that your friend doesn't want to be your friend, but simply wants your body. Would you believe them? Of course not.

Anyway, that was just a little rant to blow off some steam. It seems like the conflict will be resolved in the next episode. I can't wait.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
May 22, 2022 3:30 PM

Sep 2011
Damn all this drama just cause Olivia isn't aware of the fact that sometimes people are just nice. Anyway hope Leon slaps some sense into purple's ex next time
May 22, 2022 3:51 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Heh never know one of the hated dude receive such a development. Hope you be better, meathead. And you too, purplehead. But the prince seems like taking more time to be better.

Well, turns out those Carla doing that because of those scum noble girl. So everything now revolves around those wicked woman, eh? Good, Angie should've strangle her to death already. Now i wonder if Leon still manage to avoid war route after all that shit happened. Because i feel like the way the story progressing isn't satisfying enough to make him prevent the war condition xd.

Livia also received so much pressure and letdown because her thought truly been poisoned. Poor girl and Leon also looking like he's unable to explain it through. I wonder what he do next? Or Angie do next to convince and comfort her better? Shall she announce how she truly love her and end all those ruckus? Well, if that is the case then ... Let's see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 22, 2022 3:55 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that two snakes set Olivia and Leon to make them disappear from the list and Brad was just a bonus
May 22, 2022 4:03 PM

Nov 2012
Good grief. Livia hasn't toughened even a little bit. She let that awful girl get into her head. Then she lashes out ar her friend instead of those that deserve it. Luxion was right I guess.
May 22, 2022 4:15 PM
Apr 2022
Can Olivia get some proper character development like Angie? She was proper kicked down, is constantly shit on, but still holds her head up high. Olivia is nonstop pushing people away because she refuses to believe that they care for her. I’m Barely starting to care for her at this point.

Braided her needs to realize that she’s nothing but a cockroach: disgusting to look at and impossible to get rid of
May 22, 2022 4:27 PM

Dec 2016
Violet42 said:
it's amazing how much I like this show considering the deeply questionable animation quality, but the other aspects are pretty strong, it's kind of a stark demonstration to me that animation matters less to me than writing, because Shikimori is the inverse of this, a show with GREAT animation and atrocious writing.

Funny. I find this show both poor on visuals and writing. I've seen less corny melodramas in mexican telenovelas, wich are already the staple for cheap writing.

Olivia's self degrading issue is such a cliche in telenovelas, the goodie two shoes that becomes a damsel in distress for everyone, and her line of thought it's downright stupidly contrived for the sake of bad drama. The only thing she should have questioned is why a guy that came out of nowhere being a nobody and climbing the ranks has been there for her since day one? Not to immediately think that he wants her for her body (and the top of cringe in writing is to make her think she's ugly, just to charm the audience). Same question and line of thought should be applied to Ange, wich should be more obvious since she never gave even the smallest reason to take her as a "pet". Heck, even if she truly wanted Olivia as a pet, she could had easily go for blackmail or extorsion since that seems to be the main drive of mustache twilring villians in that world.

There's never going to be a real roadblock/challenge a Gary-stu like Leon, because not only does he knows the ins and outs of this whole world thru playing endlessly the game, but he also has Luxion that it's worth more than a Star Wars Death Star in terms of tech. I really don't know where you get this show has anything praisable in writing, when it does the same thing in disguise other isekai/fantasy shows do with overpowered main protagonists that don't even break a sweat when it comes to saving the day.

The only thing this show is holding itself is the smug dickhead protagonist that audiences love.

And regarding on Shikimori, I disagree, the show isn't trying to rewrite how romcoms work, it's just a fluffy no drama highschool romance.
KimurahMay 22, 2022 4:34 PM
May 22, 2022 4:40 PM

Dec 2021
ryoko6 said:
man i really love this anime but the animation is just becoming stiffer, a season 2 of this would be nice but with another studio if possible 😔

I can overlook the average animations because ENGI is still a pretty new studio and Trapped in a Dating Sim is by far their best show yet. It's also pretty evident that Kadokawa and their other investors are pouring more money into them as they now have a 2nd studio. If there is a sequel and if the studio continues to grow, I expect higher quality animations in the future.
May 22, 2022 4:50 PM

Dec 2016
Tyrant_Inferno said:
ryoko6 said:

I can overlook the average animations because ENGI is still a pretty new studio and Trapped in a Dating Sim is by far their best show yet. It's also pretty evident that Kadokawa and their other investors are pouring more money into them as they now have a 2nd studio. If there is a sequel and if the studio continues to grow, I expect higher quality animations in the future.

Being a new studio isn't a legit excuse for deficient art/animation. Kyoani back in it's days made a big ruckus with FMP 2 as their first animated show. Heck I don't have to go that far in memory lane to make my case, Bind Studio mopped the floor with Mushoku tensei's animation. It's not about how new a studio is, it's about the skill in the staff they can hire.

Also, everyone knows that ENGI is the in house studio for Kadokawa, there won't be any grow on it, since they already know the audience will settle for and just go for the source material, since that's the most basic task adaptations are made for.
May 22, 2022 4:51 PM

Nov 2021
that b is getting on my nerves...

May 22, 2022 5:07 PM

Oct 2021
Damn, it's painful to see Livia like this, it's like the accumulation of all the bullying finally hit her. It doesn't help when Leon can't even say shits.
May 22, 2022 6:33 PM
Mar 2021
Finally leon gets hit with the reality bomb.
May 22, 2022 6:41 PM

Apr 2020
Wow olivia really listened to the people who were bullying her! It sucks to that she thinks shes only a puppet... but it's depressing that things like this actually exist in the world. You think you aren't worth it because of your status.
Damn so sad leon couldn't even say anything to make her feel better
May 22, 2022 8:22 PM

Jan 2021
I'm hoping that by the end of the season Leon realizes that the story he is living is so much different than the game he played, and that his 'mob' status may not be able to hold for much longer. Other than that, it was a nice episode with some minor development for two of our trash nables, however the bullying Olivia received the past few episodes finally boiled over today. Hopefully she is able to work things out with herself, as well as Leon and Angie. I would say that the braided noble could rot in Hell, but that would be an insult to Hell. She deserves worse.

May 22, 2022 8:49 PM
Apr 2022
I'm so addicted to this anime and I am always excited for the next episode. I don't know why. Its just so good to my perspective.
May 22, 2022 9:16 PM

Oct 2017
animeAddict17 said:
I'm so addicted to this anime and I am always excited for the next episode. I don't know why. Its just so good to my perspective.

I extremely feel the same way
May 22, 2022 10:20 PM

Oct 2016
Fuck man, someone please off Stephanie already. I am feeling really sad for Olivia right now, but I guess this will also be necessary for her to grow, since her original chances to grow is being taken by Leon. Really curious how Leon will deal with this and how this will affect him too.

The Queen Mylene, becoming flustered at the mere mention of Leon was adorable lmao. It's nice to see the princes get some development too. Really looking forward to the next episode.
May 23, 2022 2:00 AM

Jan 2014
Truth be told I had below-average expectations from this anime, but lately the character interactions and overall character development are quite enjoyable and I am actually kinda looking forward to seeing where this goes.
May 23, 2022 3:48 AM
Sep 2020
At least everything low-key got resolved. But what that small round robot thing said was true. He hadn't given Olivia too much of a chance to grow into what her purpose was. (Other than have previously been the original protagonist of the reverse harem; A Saint.) And ngl I got sad cause people keep gaslighting her about how people should think of her... when that really isn't the case. :') Idk but I am eager to see how her character developments going to go. Also how they're going to find that object to transform her. Can't wait for next episode tho. 👌✨️ Also that Stephanie is really getting on my nerves. Reminds me of another certain character who is just as sinister as her. And they actually look alike too. *cough* Kirari from Kakegurui *cough* 😒
Angelj44May 23, 2022 3:57 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2022

92 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 19, 12:32 AM

» About the art

TheUnkovvn - May 4, 2022

41 by ryoko6 »»
Apr 18, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2022

71 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 25, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2022

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 25, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2022

121 by Buchta »»
Feb 21, 6:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.