Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 21, 2022 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Damian has a death-like stare towards Anya in class lol. Seems like he still rememebrs his humilation very clearly.

Pretty entertaining episode considering the drama going at Anya's school. Boys behave like how you'd expect while we got Anya's reactions from Damian's thoughts. Anya also made a tearful apology and I thought Damian's reaction was comedy gold.
May 21, 2022 7:29 AM

Jul 2021
Today’s episode is Anya’s first day of school at the Eden Academy! Loid wants Anya’s school life to go as smoothly as according to plan for his mission as go by the premise of the series to have world peace through different pathways and the first priority is to apologize to Damian aka Sy-on boy which is going to be a one-trick pony because there’s Becky who is always right on Anya’s side and she gets closer to Anya to try to avoid Damian and his friends at all cost lol

Anya’s other classmates might not get along with her because of the one-punch Anya action toward Damian :( but with Becky, they have the full best friend power!!!!! Also, confusion in the “reading” segment, is Anya reading too quickly or the story is differently structured? because the teacher’s textbook stated “John standing up and apologizing to his peer to know he was right” while Anya’s textbook stated, “John’s main importance is apologizing for the sake of getting along”.

LMAO Loid is trying really hard to make a whole apology setup and that’s a chance for Anya to apologize to Damian which she successfully tried her best to and flower petals are everywhere but Damian didn’t forgive her :( Rip Loid gotta work harder for Anya to reach a higher affinity with Damian. Anya is getting trained even hard with mathematics, yeah fuck math aka mental abuse to humans. Yor talking about Yuri got me scared if I have a brother like him…

YURI aka the absolute siscon MADE AN APPEARANCE LOL
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 21, 2022 7:30 AM

May 2020
Even though Loid was all like focussing ahead instead of dwelling on past mistakes, even he couldn’t help but get worried. All those impersonations just so Anya could apologize, those were some pure comedy gold few minutes. So just take the apology and move on, don’t make Anya cry.

And just when Yor was reminiscing about those times of her childhood with her brother, we got a glance of him. He is coming, the most caring brother in the world.
May 21, 2022 7:34 AM

Jun 2014
Loid went through all that trouble to get Anya to finally apologize, just for it to not improve the situation at all lol. The dude is really going through it 💀

I almost thought the episode was going to end without teasing Yuri, but I'm glad we got to see his introduction in the post-ED scene.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 21, 2022 7:39 AM

Jun 2019
Another funny and great episode. Anya is finally in the Eden Academy and as we saw last time, she's not on good terms with the kids, especially Damian. But, the plan needed to have Anya have a friendship with Damian. It's required so Loid was tagging along with her behind the shadows. So many funny moments came out of that. LOL

Anya is still adorable as ever. Damian and Becky are cute as well. I love all these kids. Also, Yuri is coming. I'm so fricking interested to see more of him. Can't wait...
May 21, 2022 8:00 AM
Jan 2022
Nice storyboard done by Kazuhiro furuhashi the director himself , the creativeness he showed by putting perspective view which is his sigma , the way he added some original contents in between for small sequence like Damian consoling his Heart scene was nailed perfectly .

Anya crying scene reminded me of Tamaki crying scene in fire force s1 Damn so innocent and cute while crying my heart can’t take it anymore.

YURRRIIIIIIIIIIIII The actual spice for Story .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2022 8:01 AM

May 2021
CQLLIST said:
Also, confusion in the “reading” segment, is Anya reading too quickly or the story is differently structured? because the teacher’s textbook stated “John standing up and apologizing to his peer to know he was right” while Anya’s textbook stated, “John’s main importance is apologizing for the sake of getting along”.

I thought that was because Loid changed Anya's textbook to encourage her to apologize to Damian.

May 21, 2022 8:05 AM

Jul 2021
RioFS said:
CQLLIST said:
Also, confusion in the “reading” segment, is Anya reading too quickly or the story is differently structured? because the teacher’s textbook stated “John standing up and apologizing to his peer to know he was right” while Anya’s textbook stated, “John’s main importance is apologizing for the sake of getting along”.

I thought that was because Loid changed Anya's textbook to encourage her to apologize to Damian.

Oh yeah got confused beforehand until this episode was a whole Loid's plan for Anya to get along with Damian through his Plan B strategy for each and every school session he'll disguise and remind Anya to focus on her mission and such
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 21, 2022 8:20 AM

Mar 2016
The first day in school, the prestigious Eden Academy, it's a time to be alive and for Anya, not only is it the first big leap in her life, the peace of two major nations lies within her hands.

Having made an extremely overbearing first impression on her classmates by punching the most popular boy in class, she's not received well just yet, except Becky. And that's enough. Hang in there, Anya!

On the other hand, Anya's action toward Damian proved to be somewhat positive considering how he doesn't simply mess with her without expecting consequences anymore, in addition, it seems that Damian is into cute girls who can stand up for themselves. To add the cherry on top, Anya crying during her apology to Damian (due to her reading the minds of Damian's sidekicks) added that extra mile. Now Anya lives rent-free in Damian's mind whether he wanted it or not lmao, perfect. What an extremely effective move, though unintentional.

Ahh, the way how Damian can't help but fall completely for Anya is absolutely adorable, running away utterly abashed whilst being unable to picture Anya in a negative light is both hilarious and supremely heartwarming. It's not often we get a sweet tsundere like this. Hopefully, we get to see even more of Damian in the future.

May 21, 2022 8:24 AM

Jul 2021
A solid episode. Yuri introduced.

I found Damian very entertaining, loving his interactions with Anya so far. Looking forward to see them bouncing together.
May 21, 2022 8:25 AM
Feb 2019
A Tsundere in the making lol
May 21, 2022 8:25 AM

Jul 2011
Becky is such a great friend for Anya.

Looks like a new plan that not even Loid know about arised, plan C "Koi". Thanks to Anya sheer power of cuteness in this episode.

May 21, 2022 8:27 AM

Oct 2017
Anya's just a kid at the end of the day so yeah Loid gotta be patient.
May 21, 2022 8:28 AM

Oct 2015
Yuri episode next, omg I love today episode so much. They are starting to look more and more like a real family.
May 21, 2022 8:28 AM

Apr 2020
Loid encouraging anya to apologize was pretty funny.
Also damians reaction to the apology was so good

Good episode as always, that last line...
May 21, 2022 8:29 AM

Apr 2019
Damian's first love 😳😳😳
can't wait for the next eps, Mama Yor x Papa Loid 🥵
Fulgur_FIQRIMay 21, 2022 8:42 AM
May 21, 2022 8:31 AM

Nov 2021
Hehe the Damian love plot was kinda predictable lol....
Enjoyed this ep like :D

Jul 2015
Good episode.Loid trying to make Anya apologise was pretty funny.

Also Yuri makes his appearance.

Sep 2015
Mindreading seems to have more weakness than I thought.
May 21, 2022 8:35 AM
Oct 2019
Loid disguise and sending a message to Anya in school was hilarious.

Anya crying and apologize
Damian: Emotional Damage!

Finally Yuri made appearance in the after credit.
May 21, 2022 8:36 AM

Mar 2021
Good episode Anya did her best to apologize but damian wont accept it and it was so sweet to see anya study on her own because she doesn't want to disappoint Loid
May 21, 2022 8:36 AM

Jan 2022
anya and damian's relationship will start from here. i really like loid trying to understand anya and anya's dream looks very interesting maybe this is a clue
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
May 21, 2022 8:39 AM
Apr 2021
Oh my gosh !!!
The ep was amazing 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Diaman falling for anya
YURI aka the absolute siscon
JevasamyMay 21, 2022 8:46 AM
May 21, 2022 8:41 AM

Nov 2016
At first I was surprised to see Anya's name spelled as ANIA based on her bedroom sign then quickly realized it was supposed to be set in Germany-inspired and the actual spelling is ANJA.

Anyway, It's enjoyable episodes, and the lack of Yor's in this episodes will be compensated alongside the appearance of Yuri next week .
PesterDrivelMay 21, 2022 8:45 AM
May 21, 2022 8:44 AM

May 2021
"For the sake of my mission, I absolutely need her school life to be smooth sailing."

Reaaaallllllyyy Loid? Are you ABSOLUTELY sure that its JUST for the sake of your mission? Are you sure you aren't just a protective father? Such a tsundere. Just like Damian, who has begun seeing Anya in Shoujo lenses. She has completely punched her way into his heart.

May 21, 2022 8:44 AM

Oct 2021
Loid can literally go to any limits to make world peace!!! He tried his hard to make her apologize to Desmond.
May 21, 2022 8:45 AM

Jul 2012
I get the feeling that deep down Loid always wanted to have a family as much as Anya. Now, they're slowly starting to become one. I can't wait to see Yuri and what role he'll play.
May 21, 2022 8:45 AM
Sep 2018
Never expected Damian to be a Tsundere and maybe she fell in-love with Anya because he never expected to be touched (or get punched) by a girl or anyone exactly because he’s from an important dangerous family.
And a lot of life lessons in here too. “Appreciate of what she’s doing good and be happy that she’s making a good job to us and herself even if it’s little”.

And Yor’s Brother is coming in to investigate the unexpected marriage of her. We’re about to see some drama BOIIIIISS!!!!
May 21, 2022 8:46 AM

Sep 2016
Anya and Becky besto fren,again great work from the studios this week, they made it more deep
Kensho Ono next week!
May 21, 2022 8:51 AM
May 2021
Cute episode glad to see that atleast Becky is not leaving Anya alone and Damian also can't handle the cuteness of Anya lol.Even though it is hard for Anya but she is still trying not to disappoint Loid and looks like the whole family bond is getting stronger.
May 21, 2022 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
To get closer to your target, go through your children, and that's what Loid did with Anya, but her relationship with the target's 2nd son-cum-classmate Damian plummeted with a Tonitrus Bolt earned before school officially started. It's not the end of the world, Loid!

The Forgers are going through family life as usual, but this should stop now. World peace depends on Anya making peace with Damian, and meeting Becky Blackbell for a start is nice for friendship, but getting that apology over to Damian will be a tough one considering her stance. Naturally, other children are scared of her on the surface, but Becky can vouch for her, which is alright.

Anya's esper mind-reading has a weakness: lending to her sleeping in class, and Loid got SO concerned that he started blending with Anya's class, making sure that Anya amends wth Damian with the hefty amounts of "sorry" strewn all over Eden Academy. So no choice, he strays Becky away while giving Anya a chance to apologize to Damian, and lo and behold, anybody can tell that he's infatuated with Anya. This apology IS HEART-CRYING GOLD, it's love at first punch.

The "Friendship Scheme" failed outright, so it's back to Plan A with the initial plan, and Anya's constant mind-reading reeks of all the hideous plans from both Loid and Yor. What matters how is Anya going to school and enjoying much of her school life, which detracts Loid being harsh on her just for his mission success. Yor seeing a semblance with Anya on her younger brother Yuri, and sets a basis for Loid being an earnest father figure to Anya.

One happy family hinges on a good parent-child relationship, and it takes time to get the mission done the true spy way. But Yuri being surprised that his sister Yor is married, hah, wait till he meets Loid.
May 21, 2022 8:57 AM

Nov 2019
Becky is a really good friend, although a bit clingy but she is doing alright.

Really enjoyed that discussion between Loid and Yor reminiscing about Yuri, and talking about how to do better for Anya's sake.

Speaking of Yuri; looks like he is about to make an appearance.

May 21, 2022 8:58 AM

Mar 2018
Pretty Good episode actually, though i don't know why this is the weakest episode out of the 7, is it because i have read the manga? putting that aside i look forward for the next episode (which one of the chapter i liked)

» Snowflake - Shihoko Hirata «
0:51 ─〇───── 4:54 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹  ↻

Traveler, Please enjoy your stay

May 21, 2022 8:58 AM

Apr 2013
Tsundere Damian x Anya have such a fun relationship, I want more!

I really enjoyed the end of the episode when Yor talked about praising Yuri and how that would push him forward in his studies, and the juxtaposition of it with Yor praising Loid as a father. So wholesome! (Yuri finally appears after the ED)

Also, I don't get tired of the camera moving around from a POV shot; I really enjoy the direction of the anime.
May 21, 2022 8:59 AM
Mar 2022
Such a wholesome and lovely episode😍
May 21, 2022 9:00 AM

Sep 2017
I love Becky. She's the spunky friend Anya needs at her side. Definitely a good meme tho that Desmond would fall in love with Anya. Kind of the dumb cliche but I love it. Second half of the ep was very wholesome but it doesn't remind us that this family is supposed to just be a temporary thing. Probably not something that will really get addressed even by the end of part 2 but definitely before the end of the series.
May 21, 2022 9:07 AM

Jan 2019
Poor Anya, so much pressure on her shoulders. But I think Loid will be a better understanding father from now on.
Becky's such a good friend, and Damian is... funny?!?! Lmao, he actually has a crush on Anya, huh.

And there's also a post-ending scene with Yor's brother, Yuri.
May 21, 2022 9:16 AM

Jul 2021
Another Great Episode, can't wait for yor's brother next week now
Life sucks
May 21, 2022 9:16 AM
Apr 2020
Anya so cute as always!!! Damian-kun too!! Tsundere detected XD
Can't wait next episode, Yuri visiting Forger family!!!
May 21, 2022 9:18 AM
Oct 2016
Anya is trying her best at school. After getting off on the wrong foot, or punch, Anya has taken quite a few steps in the wrong direction when it comes to befriending Damian. Loid freaking out wanting Anya to apologize as quickly as possible so Plan B can commence further and not have to change plans again. Anya trying to apologize but is kinda embarrassed at first. Along with her new best friend Becky not letting Anya give in to those snobs. Becky might not be the best influence on Anya but their friendship warms my heart. Anya struggling during her first day of school was so cute. I've definitely fallen asleep during early morning classes so I can relate. Becky right by her side the whole time reassuring Anya.

When the apology does finally happen it made me so sad, Anya did genuinely want to be friends with Damian for Loid mission but kinda screwed it up at the beginning. Her crying even reached Damian cold heart and he's definitely caught feelings for Anya with a crush. Loid becoming super distressed by Damian uttering he won't forgive Anya, which is just Damian way of denying his feelings. I love the reflection both Loid and Anya have towards the end of the episode. Both remembering how they vowed to do their best, Anya with school and Loid with being a dad. Needing to practice patience, things don't change like that in short time spans. Anya can salvage this school situation, things can look up.
May 21, 2022 9:18 AM

Oct 2021
Finally, Yuri's first appearance in the series. In actuality, Yuri appeared in Episode 3 (in the ED).
May 21, 2022 9:19 AM

Dec 2013
pls no bully Anya, it would be stressful enough for a kid to be on such classes, then add not only a parent that expects a lot but also she knows world peace rest on her shoulders.

But is it Anya or Ania like it was written on her bedroom door?
May 21, 2022 9:26 AM

Dec 2008
I think part of the problem with Damian is the two sycophant name droppers that that he has clinging to his sides. Get rid of them and things would probably go easier between him and Anja.
May the Uguu be with you.

May 21, 2022 9:27 AM
Aug 2021
KanameYuuki said:
pls no bully Anya, it would be stressful enough for a kid to be on such classes, then add not only a parent that expects a lot but also she knows world peace rest on her shoulders.

But is it Anya or Ania like it was written on her bedroom door?

Way too much pressure for such a young kid. MAL has her name as アーニャ, suggesting Anya is correct.
May 21, 2022 9:28 AM
Sep 2021
Episode 7 of Spyxfamily was pretty good. The real-life values and meanings are very well incorporated in today's episode. The hardships and the fun of studying, and the life of a student is wonderful and also it makes us wonder about how should a family be? How parents are so important in a child's development.
Good episode indeed.
I give this episode 8/10.
And also I think Desmond's second Son Damian is falling in love with Anya
May 21, 2022 9:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
From the get go getting Anya into the ranks of the scholars is a pretty tall order. But to think that the friendship plan would get its first hiccup so early in the game. Loid really went far to remind Anya on what she should do. Still the school has quite the menu in their café. Looks like Anya's cute apology ended up creating something unexpected within Damien's heart. Yor's way of explaining math's sure is creative. Still it's nice to see both Yor and Loid realize that though the mission is important so is considering Anya's feelings as well. Looks like a night of rethinking their approach to the mission is in order for the Forger family tonight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2022 9:34 AM

Mar 2010
Such a good episode almost every scene made me smile.
We finally see Yuri in the end and i wonder how will he interfere with the mission
May 21, 2022 9:34 AM

Feb 2019
Just like irl kids that pick on each other tends to have crushes on one another. Damian is head over heels for Anya and shouldn’t be much of a problem going forward.

Really looking forward to Yor’s brother getting involved next week lmao he’s gonna do some major digging on Loid
May 21, 2022 9:49 AM

Nov 2013
Damn... hate when episodes are 5 minute long!
May 21, 2022 9:50 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It looks like Damien is starting to fall for Anya after that punch left a lasting impression on him. He's becoming quite the male tsundere in this story and I want to see more of it. I guess Yor didn't bother to tell her brother Yuri that she got married and now he going to be snooping around to look for cracks in the fake relationship.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

320 by boumboumboum »»
Apr 9, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.