New
May 10, 2022 10:52 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I mean women who hurt their children physically, emotionally and mentally

May 10, 2022 11:06 AM
May 10, 2022 11:06 AM

Jul 2021
Mamako Oosuki, she conceals one of the most abusive personalities through her affection and care.
May 10, 2022 11:11 AM

Jun 2017
Jonouchi/Joey's mom from Yugioh. We don't see much of her but she left her son with a drunk child abuser. She took his sister away from him too.

Mamako from Do You Love Your Mom as well.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
May 10, 2022 11:13 AM

Sep 2018
Big Meme from One Piece...Just terrible
May 10, 2022 11:13 AM

Oct 2010
ikari yui and ren gyokuen are easily the worst moms in anime
May 10, 2022 11:15 AM

Feb 2020
Probably Uchika Hanesaki from Hanebado!
May 10, 2022 11:16 AM

Oct 2018
Yuigahama mama, she's hotter than her daughter and stole her spotlight.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
May 10, 2022 11:17 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022

Definitely... Not only she was horrible when she was alive but she haunts him even after her death...
L

May 10, 2022 11:17 AM

Nov 2017
Kousei Arima Mom, you know what i mean, she's so abusive to kousei, until it makes him depressed and traumatized.
May 10, 2022 11:21 AM

Dec 2021
There’s a lot of bad mom characters that I’ve seen in anime, but Sayu’s mom in Higehiro has to be the biggest scumbag that comes from the top of my head.
May 10, 2022 11:22 AM

Apr 2022
Yor from spy x family cause she is just clueless and obsessed with murder. Definitely not a role model.
May 10, 2022 11:24 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
worst anime mother is Ragyo Kiryuin from Kill la Kill and for good reason.

And
Akemi Hinazuki fron erased

May 10, 2022 11:27 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Bronwulf said:
Yor from spy x family cause she is just clueless and obsessed with murder. Definitely not a role model.

She loves anya more than most real mothers.. that's what matters...

Corrupt people who get away with everything and anything with power, money and influence deserve yor slashing them...

Yor is a candidate for best mom in my book

May 10, 2022 11:30 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Tyrant_Inferno said:
There’s a lot of bad mom characters that I’ve seen in anime, but Sayu’s mom in Higehiro has to be the biggest scumbag that comes from the top of my head.

Yes there is so many bad moms ..
I asked this question after watching some anime and J-drama where the mothers were absolutely terrible to their kids .
Child abuse is probably the crime i hate the most. Hence i made this post.

May 10, 2022 11:53 AM

Jan 2022
People have given some pretty good obvious answers, but I’ll give one that’s maybe a little less obvious but still managed to really piss me off.

Takako from A place further than the Universe

I am not a parent, but the idea of putting myself in any sort of needless danger while raising a young child is unfathomable. I get that Antarctica is supposed to be your dream or whatever, but it’s still very dangerous and you know it. You also have a small child who loves and depends on you. Like where are your priorities lady?! Have you even bothered to consider what would happen to her if you were to die? How that would traumatize her? And it does! It socially isolates her, mentally scars her, and is the catalyst for the bullying she endures throughout high school all because her mother took a needless risk and prioritized herself over the well being of her child. That to me is the highest degree of selfishness. She’s definitely not the worst mother ever, but I still hate her for this.
-insert NGE meme here-
May 10, 2022 11:58 AM

Jul 2021
Pretty sure you can't beat her.
But the anime is so bad, I only have a second hand account of her in a "worst moms" toplist on youtube.

https://myanimelist.net/character/97679/Cordelia
May 10, 2022 12:03 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
NorthmostIsle said:
People have given some pretty good obvious answers, but I’ll give one that’s maybe a little less obvious but still managed to really piss me off.

Takako from A place further than the Universe

I am not a parent, but the idea of putting myself in any sort of needless danger while raising a young child is unfathomable. I get that Antarctica is supposed to be your dream or whatever, but it’s still very dangerous and you know it. You also have a small child who loves and depends on you. Like where are your priorities lady?! Have you even bothered to consider what would happen to her if you were to die? How that would traumatize her? And it does! It socially isolates her, mentally scars her, and is the catalyst for the bullying she endures throughout high school all because her mother took a needless risk and prioritized herself over the well being of her child. That to me is the highest degree of selfishness. She’s definitely not the worst mother ever, but I still hate her for this.

Yes most definitely... I'm so happy you came out and said this .. exactly what I was thinking when she was being bullied by everyone...

You have to sacrifice your passions and hobbies for your children... this is so true..

Also i will mention Jun's mother from the football/soccer anime manga Days ..who just left him one night with a word.

May 10, 2022 12:05 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
JaniSIr said:
Pretty sure you can't beat her.
But the anime is so bad, I only have a second hand account of her in a "worst moms" toplist on youtube.

https://myanimelist.net/character/97679/Cordelia

Yes but the sons were terrible as well and killed her and got their revenge..
Again Cordelia is a demon lords daughter not human and the sons were all vampire...she didn't want children in the first place...

May 10, 2022 12:28 PM

Aug 2018
I always thought Furuba's Yuki and Ayame's mother was emotionally cruel. She just used her children to bolster her own social status and doesn't give a damn about what they want, even when they clearly expressed their thoughts. I disliked especially how she ignored Yuki when he was being tormented and was adamantly calling out for help, and she just said it was great the family head liked him.
May 10, 2022 2:26 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
plutochan said:
I always thought Furuba's Yuki and Ayame's mother was emotionally cruel. She just used her children to bolster her own social status and doesn't give a damn about what they want, even when they clearly expressed their thoughts. I disliked especially how she ignored Yuki when he was being tormented and was adamantly calling out for help, and she just said it was great the family head liked him.

Who is furuba? I don't know and i can't seem to find them...
Is it fruit basket?
Akito's mom is horrible emotionally as well.. all the moms in souma family in fruit basket are horrible
ryo-sanMay 10, 2022 2:36 PM

May 10, 2022 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
ryo-san said:
Funny you make a thread like that having someone like Kurenai Kogetsu in favorites. She would make for a prime candidate in the worst mom cathegory.
May 10, 2022 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
erotica anime is full of them. They do not hesitate even at little kids.
May 10, 2022 2:41 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Illyricus said:
ryo-san said:
Funny you make a thread like that having someone like Kurenai Kogetsu in favorites. She would make for a prime candidate in the worst mom cathegory.

Like her as in the main villain of the anime series...not because she is a horrible mom... Besides homura stopped considering her as mother..
She abandoned homura and forgot about her. She got enslaved on that planet herself and then got blinded by greed and power . She kinda lost her mind...

Anyway do you think everyone who likes the character in this search result https://myanimelist.net/character.php?q=Adolf%20Hitler&cat=character are Nazis? Or MAL is nazi for listing them?

You just love putting people down and being mean for no reason..

they're others who acts all motherly and heroic like Marianne Vi Britannia then Manipulated Her Children Like Pieces On A Chessboard (Code Geass)..
ryo-sanMay 10, 2022 4:17 PM

May 10, 2022 2:58 PM

Sep 2008
Ragyo Kiryuin (Kill la Kill) - aka Mommy the Rapist
Precia Testarossa (Lyrical Nanoha) - physically abusive mother to Fate.
Shingen Tennozu (Speed Grapher) - Kagura's neglectful and abusive mother.
Washu Hakubi (Tenchi Muyo OVAs) - might be one of the heroines in Tenchi's harem. But she's a horrible mother to Ryoko.
Saki Arima (Your Lie in April) - A contributing cause to Kousei's hesitance to play piano.
Medusa Gorgon (Soul Eater) - Not exactly motherly toward Crona.
Ren Sohma (Fruits Basket) - Can thank her for molding Akito into being abusive and manipulative toward the cursed Sohma and anyone who tries getting close to them.
May 10, 2022 4:40 PM
Aug 2021
Sayu’s Mother from Higehiro

She messed up my best girl
May 11, 2022 4:03 AM

Mar 2017
Hayate's parents, mom included, who pretty much abandoned him and foisted all their gambling debt off onto him, effectively selling him to the mob.
A møøse once bit my sister...
May 11, 2022 4:26 AM

Dec 2021
I don't know but maybe Mayu's mother from Elfen Lied?
May 11, 2022 4:35 AM

Feb 2020
ryo-san said:

When I saw this topic, this was the first name which came to mind and I would have been shocked, if no one mentioned it...But yeah she won the award of worst mother in my eyes.
The stain of red that colors the pavement
Painted with blood of somebody you love
Is this the sacrifice for the broken
Losing the purest of what's in your heart
May 11, 2022 10:18 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
petran79 said:

I don't watch hentai so you have to elaborate and give specific names

May 11, 2022 10:26 AM

Feb 2021
I think Kayo's mother from ERASED is probably the worst anime mom I've seen yet. She's just a spawn of the devil.

May 11, 2022 10:42 AM

Feb 2016
Zama from Aura Battler Dunbine.
Hinazuki from Erased.
その目だれの目?
May 11, 2022 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
ryo-san said:
petran79 said:

I don't watch hentai so you have to elaborate and give specific names

forum is not strictly for adults, so I can't.

Incest and worse
May 11, 2022 2:57 PM

Aug 2020
Prolly Nagisa's mom from AssClass. Such a weirdo.

May 11, 2022 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
ryo-san said:
plutochan said:

Is it fruit basket?
Akito's mom is horrible emotionally as well.. all the moms in souma family in fruit basket are horrible

Hiro's mom was awesome. If I remember right Kagura's mom was pretty good too. And Ritsu and Kisa's moms did their best.
May 12, 2022 2:35 AM

Oct 2008
Are you kidding, there are FAR TO MANY.

Off the top of my head:

Since the 2020s started.
May 12, 2022 7:00 AM

Dec 2016
ryo-san said:

And

I agree, that's the first one that came to mind. I hate her.
May 12, 2022 10:07 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
SofiaBulga said:
Are you kidding, there are FAR TO MANY.

Off the top of my head:

Since the 2020s started.

Add Itsuka Yukihira's mom (Deaimon ) to the list..

May 12, 2022 2:37 PM

May 2020
I guess the first person that comes to mind is Sayu’s mother from Hige wo Soru, I don’t exactly remember the back and forth dialogues but she definitely failed as a mom.

Maybe try sleeping?

May 12, 2022 11:20 PM

Oct 2008
ryo-san said:

Add Itsuka Yukihira's mom (Deaimon ) to the list..

Wait until I finish it. It's still airing right? Don't stress out a binge watcher that already has to much on her plate.
May 14, 2022 1:55 PM

Aug 2018
ryo-san said:
plutochan said:

Is it fruit basket?

Yes I meant fruits basket :)

And I agree, Akito's mum is terrible too. Most of the mothers are not great, except for Hiro and Kisa's.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think 3-episode reviews are valid?

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

41 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
55 seconds ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 3 )

Catalano - Apr 25

145 by Lhundrup »»
3 minutes ago

» Favorite anime vs best anime

Kenzolo-folk - 9 minutes ago

2 by Daviljoe193 »»
3 minutes ago

» What are some shows that are commonly credited to change someone's life?

APolygons2 - 5 hours ago

21 by Tirinchas »»
12 minutes ago

» Why are classic dubbed anime always being praised more than modern dubs?

funtime43_tr - Apr 28

18 by Zalis »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.