Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 5, 2022 3:07 AM
Jul 2018
Denjiro is Back, with slicing last head of Orochi.
If Luffy made his Fist as big as Onigashima, then Kaido turned into a flaming Dragon as big as Onigashima.

The whole chapter was a setup for the last page, and now only two main plot lines remain, Fire Lanterns & Luffy vs Kaido. I think 1050 will be conclusion of Luffy vs Kaido, if not then next chapter Luffy is gonna defeat Kaido with his gaint Fist.

And I think Luffy doesn't have some kind of broken power like imagination & looney Tunes. Imo i just think luffy limited to rubber and anything comic like that deals with rubber. His awakening just uses all his concepts with each individual gears and can turn his environment to rubber.
So, overall Gear 5 is mixer of all the past gears of Luffy.
May 5, 2022 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
For those who think from where bajrang name came from.
Luffy is inspired by monkey god sun wu Kong but in Hinduism there is god named Lord Hanuman and he is also known as "Bajrang bali" and he also looks like monkey .
Luffy devil fruit is hito hito no mi model Nika which is Sun God . In childhood Lord Hanuman was hungry and he thought the sun was the ripe fruit so he tried to swallow it.
GOD Hanuman was the son of Vayu, the god of the wind. And there is already a theory that dragon have Wind power fruit.
May 5, 2022 1:22 PM

Apr 2018
Oda probably used this chapter to resolidify the weight of the 20 years before Luffy finally delivers the punch (Which will of course, not end Kaido)

But man, so many panels just wasted on the same old flashback

Also, good thing Chadjiro, the Lurking Legend, is back. What an absolute alpha male
ChibiTalhaMay 5, 2022 1:26 PM
May 5, 2022 1:55 PM

Nov 2016
ChibiTalha said:
Oda probably used this chapter to resolidify the weight of the 20 years before Luffy finally delivers the punch (Which will of course, not end Kaido)

Also, good thing Chadjiro, the Lurking Legend, is back. What an absolute alpha male

Denjiro came in like the embodiment of a sigma male grindsetter. He made it seem like he was missing for an entire year, but in truth he was preparing for this very moment. His action and the silent rage spoke louder than words. If there's someone who deserves this honor then it's him.

Oda was probably worried we forgot how trash Orochi is lmao. What a tough guy, I will give him that.

He also finally decided on how to beat Kaido. The answer was that Luffy just needed bigger guns xD

And boy, after taking more time to read the chapter, it's really a shame that Oda didn't add a Toko panel here. Like c'mon. Orochi killed her "father", she deserved a spot on the last page...
FMmatronMay 6, 2022 4:55 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2022 2:25 PM

Apr 2018
FMmatron said:
ChibiTalha said:

Denjiro came in like the embodiment of a sigma male grindsetter. He made it seem like he was missing for an entire year, but in truth he was preparing for this very moment. His action and the silent rage spoke louder than words. If there's someone who deserves this honor then it's him.

Oda was probably worried we forgot how trash Orochi is lmao. What a tough guy, I will give him that.

He also finally decided on how to beat Kaido. The answer was that Luffy just needed bigger guns xD

Denjiro fr planned all of Orochi's deaths

-The Punch definitely lands next chapter (Coz the break is after that) But will it end things?
May 5, 2022 2:31 PM

Nov 2016
ChibiTalha said:
FMmatron said:

-The Punch definitely lands next chapter (Coz the break is after that) But will it end things?

It's hard to believe, but I dunno what else could top a Bajrang Gun as finisher. Perhaps a Bajrang Gatling(provided he can give such a giant fist enough speed) or the Onigashima sword. I would also be cool with it if Luffy can't defeat Kaido. One thing for sure, tho, we need a flashback. Even more so after so many pages were wasted on Orochi.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2022 2:38 PM

Apr 2018
FMmatron said:
ChibiTalha said:

It's hard to believe, but I dunno what else could top a Bajrang Gun as finisher. Perhaps a Bajrang Gatling(provided he can give such a giant fist enough speed) or the Onigashima sword. I would also be cool with it if Luffy can't defeat Kaido. One thing for sure, tho, we need a flashback. Even more so after so many pages were wasted on Orochi.

For real, I'd say, Kaido somehow tanks the punch and gets up, then we get his flashback. Though honeslty, that's the popular opinion lmao.

At this point, my brain somehow fails to believe this fight will end lmao. Though Oda prolly gonna end the next chapter on hype note. From there on out, it's three chapters every month until chapter 1061.
May 5, 2022 3:16 PM

Jul 2013
Denjiro's blow to Orochi was so satisfying...
May 5, 2022 3:34 PM

Apr 2013
More flashbacks sprinkled in Kaido’s and Luffy’s fight, dreadful storyboarding for a weekly read. Oda could’ve handled the conclusion of Wano in a much better way.

Denjiro shows up after being gone for what felt like months and finally kills Orochi. Many chapters ago I thought I’d be really hyped for his death, but it actually felt underwhelming since Orochi overstayed his welcome and was one of the most annoying moustache twirling villain in shounen. Denjiro also getting the kill wasn’t satisfying to me due to his lack of involvment in the arc, Oda with a D&D Game of Thrones moment “Oda kinda forgot about Denjiro”. And if Orochi isn’t actually dead, it makes this moment even worse and on the level of BM’s amnesia/Kinemon prout prout fake out death.
KneelBeforeMeMay 5, 2022 3:40 PM
May 5, 2022 3:34 PM

Nov 2008
I SWEAR TO GOD, that effing POS better be dead this time, which im very confident he FINALLY is and I really love this meme I found too.

Also this is hella awesome, I wonder if its Kaido's Awakening, because its obvious this is the final clash for the end of Wano right here.

HollowIchigo58May 5, 2022 3:37 PM
May 5, 2022 3:38 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Orochi's life has overstayed its welcome even longer than this battle.
May 5, 2022 4:23 PM

Nov 2018
Wow. Nothing happened, Not worth the break.
May 5, 2022 4:45 PM

Jan 2017
Wano has been going on for 4 years, Oda doesn't have to remind us the past of the citizens again and again. He doesn't has to worry about people forgetting about the plot, Toei will make us remind about everything a million times.
Getting another painful Dressrosa Deja vu now.
6/10 score for this chapter.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
May 5, 2022 5:22 PM

Jul 2012
HE IS DEAD, FINALLY! FUCK YOU OROCHI!!!

God, this was such a good thing to witness, Orochi just burning to death and decapitated, while we see how did the inhabitants got to eat the smile fruits (the famine drove them to eat the failed ones, and Orochi, the sick fuck, fed them the other failures after seeing what happened).

Catharsis at its finest. An entire chapter dedicated to further showing how despicable Orochi was, just to give us his ultimate moment of destined death. Never been happier to see a villain get fucked in One Piece, he was so much worse even than the manchild Tenryuubitos.

5/5 for killing Orochi for good in such a well executed way (literally) lol
May 5, 2022 6:43 PM
Mar 2018
FMmatron said:

I wasn't too impressed with the rehashing of Wano's tragic history, but those last panels made up for all of it. Seeing how heartless Orochi is right before getting his (hopefully) final decapitation made it all the more impactful. Same thing with seeing all the peoples wishes being about getting rid of Orochi and Kaido. I'm still curious about Luffy's power, and if he will literally get stronger in response to the peoples wishes.

We definitely need a flashback on Kaido though. I feel like win or lose, he will change his tune if/when he acknowledges Luffy as joyboy. Still very curious how he ended up with a daughter, what the favour was of Big Mom, and I still wonder if Urouge will make an appearance since he had a very passive conversation with Kaido way back when.
May 5, 2022 7:10 PM

Aug 2021
garpgorp147 said:
FMmatron said:

I wasn't too impressed with the rehashing of Wano's tragic history, but those last panels made up for all of it. Seeing how heartless Orochi is right before getting his (hopefully) final decapitation made it all the more impactful. Same thing with seeing all the peoples wishes being about getting rid of Orochi and Kaido. I'm still curious about Luffy's power, and if he will literally get stronger in response to the peoples wishes.

We definitely need a flashback on Kaido though. I feel like win or lose, he will change his tune if/when he acknowledges Luffy as joyboy. Still very curious how he ended up with a daughter, what the favour was of Big Mom, and I still wonder if Urouge will make an appearance since he had a very passive conversation with Kaido way back when.

Big Mom's gave him the Fish-Fish fruit...

Yeah, the world would be dark without Light...
but without L, the world would just be a Word...
May 5, 2022 9:15 PM

Feb 2021
HOLY FUCK ODA ACTUALLY KILLED OFF A VILLAIN IN FULL VIEW, YES MONET AND VERGO WERE KILLED, BUT WERE OFF-SCREEN, THIS IS HUGE, KAIDO'S GOING DOWN NEXT CHAPTER BABY!
May 5, 2022 9:22 PM
Jul 2018
The last pages! 😍

Nice to see Denjiro again, it's been like forever!
May 5, 2022 11:15 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
A bit of a let down after last chapter's ending tbh...

Kaido's flaming dragon form looks awesome (and it's BIG if you didn't notice).

Didn't care much for the flashback. Did we always know Toki was found dead in Bakura Town? I can't remember.

Denjiro coming in clutch!! Very satisfying to see. Seems Orochi is gone for good this time.
May 6, 2022 12:29 AM

May 2016
The final blow to Kaido gonna shake the whole Wano for sure haha.
@Fmmatron seriously can't wait for it to happen.
May 6, 2022 12:47 AM

Oct 2017
Orochi's finally dead ig? Good job Denjiro.
May 6, 2022 12:51 AM

Dec 2020
Kaido's flaming dragon form is is so cool can't wait it to see animated. On the other hand I don't know how much time it will take luffy's punch to land.

Even ch 1046 ended similar to these chapters. I hope oda will not stretch this fight upto ch 1056. I hope this fight ends in ch 1050.

Hiyori had a good scene in ch 1044 but later she becomes completely helpless in ch 1046 against orochi, it kinda made that previous scene less impactful well atleast denjiro came up with a clutch and killed orochi (I hope), I honestly forgot abt denjiro's existence.

I don't know how many times we will get same flashbacks of bad doings of orochi and kaido but honestly I kinda liked this flashback.
May 6, 2022 1:56 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Well, gone are the crazy theories about the Blackbeard pirates invading Whole Cake Island.
Also, Cracker is still recovering from the beating he received from Luffy's Tankman.
May 6, 2022 3:03 AM

Nov 2015
Guys is toei writing these last chapters or oda ? , asking for friend .

May 6, 2022 3:10 AM

Nov 2015
KaiserVonGogureo said:
HOLY FUCK ODA ACTUALLY KILLED OFF A VILLAIN IN FULL VIEW, YES MONET AND VERGO WERE KILLED, BUT WERE OFF-SCREEN, THIS IS HUGE, KAIDO'S GOING DOWN NEXT CHAPTER BABY!
oh yea for sure trust bro ..copium

May 6, 2022 4:44 AM

Nov 2016
garpgorp147 said:
FMmatron said:

My point was more so that Oda owes us more than a few panels for a Kaido flashback considering he can spend a good chunk of a chapter on Orochi who already had his fill of villainization. We know about the extent of his reign of terror only too well. I don't mind extra panels to remind us weekly readers of Wano's status, especially since this arc has been going on for years in rl. In such a long ongoing arc it's welcomed to reinforce the countless images and overall impressions for immediate catharsis. And for all I know the editor could've made the suggestion to implement so many flashback panels. Looking at this chapter in a vacuum I even appreciated it a lot. Hiyori, Denjiro, the citicenzs, their sadness, their suffering, their grudge, their hopes, their wishes, all came nicely together with the Fire Festival subplot. The only thing I was missing was Toko

We had a few panels before, but here it would've had way more impact

It's still not that big of a deal for now

However, will I be 100% satisfied when I look back at this or other chapters where panels that could've been put to better use were essentially wasted? Only time will tell. In the best case scenario Oda adds a few more chapters to really cover everything that was set up sufficiently. In the worst case he cuts more corners and not essential panels (such as the one from this chapter or characters running throughout the castle) will leave a bad taste.

The raid has been pretty chaotic. I understand the reasons for that very well and I'm understanding, but it sadly doesn't change the reading experience. So I'm really hoping that the merits will outweigh the cons when it's time for the arc to wrap up.

May 6, 2022 4:51 AM

Dec 2020
Luffy becoming Bajrangi Bhaijaan??? He gonna walk all the way to Laugh Tale carrying his boat on the back 😝😝😝

May 6, 2022 5:33 AM

Jan 2017
There's no way Orochi is dead in this one, Oda just can't end the Kurozomi hatred plotline by just killing Orochi.
The cycle of hatred would still continue, 'a Kozuki killing a Kurozomi' would still be taught to the next Kurozomi generation unless a genocide is planned for that clan by Momo when he becomes the Shogun.
May 6, 2022 7:30 AM

Mar 2015
how many times orochi has been "dead"?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 6, 2022 9:14 AM
Dec 2019
Honestly I'm super tired of this arc. Orochi has died like eight times. Luffy has powered up like four times over the three times he's fought Kaido. Everyone else is basically out of enemies and are just running around. We've got our four millionth flashback showing how oppressed Wano is. Just finish this arc. Its been how many years?
May 6, 2022 9:22 AM

Jul 2016
It was alright, a lot of flashbacks which where eh as well.
Penguins are funny
May 6, 2022 10:48 AM
Jan 2018
Life stuff stopped me reading One Piece after 1044. I finally had a chance to catch up today.

Gear 5th has just been an excuse to show how strong Kaido is. It really showed just how little a chance Luffy had of winning before he came back with his power up. Even with the power up, Kaido shrugs off everything. He definitely earned his place as the the Pirate to beat if you want to be king.

I guess with all these years in Wano, almost a full chapter was necessary to do the customary One Piece "this is what I'm fighting for" flashback sequence. It's definitely different from the usual 2 to 3 page flashbacks we normally get. I can see why some fans hated the flashback, but One Piece is nothing if not a story with the same reliable story beats.

I wasn't a fan of Denjiro cutting off Orochi's head. Orochi deserved to feel pain until life left his body. A beheading isn't enough for a guy as awful as him. I hate Orochi more than Akainu. Orochi imo is the most awful villain OP has seen thus far. I would have preferred it if the ceiling just fell on him and then he continued to burn until he died. Denjiro deserved some closure for selling his soul to get that point, but Orochi deserved worse.

The next big bad can't follow in Kaido and Katakuri's footsteps and intentionally take ultra moves head on. Nothing stops Kaido from dodging that fist and using his burning dragon move to kill Luffy. It may be a shonen trope, but it imo it doesn't fit for where OP is currently at in the story.

I'm very interested in who the next opponent of straw hats will be. Will they send Vegapunk's new weapons to assassinate Luffy? Will Luffy get a proper match with Big Mom? Maybe Shanks will be up sometime in the future? I would actually love for Koby to have actually powered up enough to be Garp to Roger and let Luffy have a real fight where he really gets to go all out. Whoever it is, it's definitely gonna be a spectacle.

I'm still rooting for Kiku to die before the story is over. By Oda and ridiculous Japanese samurai rules, failure is punished by death. It would be a bitter pill to swallow after Izo gave his life for his brother, but Kiku seriously needs to die. Your not an MC, and you cheated death to many times already. Just die already.

May 6, 2022 11:17 AM
Jul 2020
I am getting too bored of this fight.Till 1045 its been nice but I have gotten too sick of it.
Hope Oda finishes it off .
Please finish this arc.
After a nice stretch of 1031-1045.
We got 3 below average no plot forwarding and lore chapter its not like its early portion we are already 150 chapters in right now.
2/5 if i am generous.
May 6, 2022 11:18 AM
Jul 2020
Also what of Hiyori now.She has been robbed.
This chapter was worse than filler.
Hope this is the worst and oda doesnt make worse chapter than this.
Its like the strectch of 1011-1020 with all mid chapters after excellent rooftop from 1001-1010.
Please Oda give kaido FB and end this fight
May 6, 2022 4:15 PM

Jun 2017
-Kara said:
Orochi's life has overstayed its welcome even longer than this battle.

At least he seems dead for good...Big Mom is still kicking. xD
May 6, 2022 5:34 PM
Nov 2017
I know people are going to hate on this chapter for not being full action, but I thought this chapter was incredible. The flashbacks we got of the Wano people suffering hit really hard, and is probably the darkest we've seen one piece in a while. It really helps intensify how much a pos Orochi is. Overall super good chapter.
May 7, 2022 6:56 AM

Mar 2021
i hope oda doesn't stretch it further
May 7, 2022 8:13 AM

Jun 2014
Please.....just let Orochi actually be dead now. Sometimes I feel like there's a lot of extra fat that Oda adds that could really be cut out to help things progress and move along more quickly, and this felt like one of those chapters. Momo needs to hurry up and make those damn flame clouds and Luffy needs to hit Kaido with that final blow already man....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 7, 2022 2:44 PM

Mar 2016
Motherfucking Orochi better be dead for good this time, damn, serves him right, to be decapitated yet again, this time by who he thought was a loyal servant, Kyoushiro AKA Denjiro. Came right in there and swiftly sliced that big ugly ass head off his filthy elongated neck. Chad based saved Hiyori in the process too.

Now back to the highlight, it seems that unlike in Dressrossa where Luffy punched Doflamingo with all his might, this time he'll do that, without touching Kaido. On the other hand, Kaido's flaming body looked pretty badass, the fact that it could vaporize virtually anything is awesome to think about, a shame he used it so far late in this battle.
May 8, 2022 3:09 AM

Aug 2018
While the use of filler for this chapter was questionable I’m pretty sure we will get to see something great during next one,

Also Denjuro coming and cutting Orochi was awesome
May 8, 2022 7:51 AM

Jan 2017
LotteGiants said:
Honestly I'm super tired of this arc. Orochi has died like eight times. Luffy has powered up like four times over the three times he's fought Kaido. Everyone else is basically out of enemies and are just running around. We've got our four millionth flashback showing how oppressed Wano is. Just finish this arc. Its been how many years?

There are still 2 acts and a epilogue for Act 3 remaining.
Maybe Wano will end at it's 5th year anniversary.
May 8, 2022 9:57 AM

Dec 2008
I really hope this fight ends soon, I don't want to see Luffy lose and get sent to the bottom of the ocean. (Yet again)
May 8, 2022 11:34 AM
Sep 2020
I think Orochi is finally dead.

Anyway, I think the fist the size of Onigashima is a bit too much. Feels a bit like jumping the gun.
May 8, 2022 1:07 PM

Sep 2014
Meh.....I guess Kaido flaiming drum dragon form won'tstay long (like Eneru).

I hope Kaido will win this fight, but once again, I'll be prepared to be incredibly disappointed and frustrated....
May 8, 2022 4:36 PM

Mar 2010
Come on Luffy! Smash Kaidou in. I hope that nothing bad happens next episode and we maybe get a conclusion. I am wondering if the CP 0 will arrive for clean up...
May 8, 2022 6:33 PM

Dec 2013
I really hope Orochi is actually dead this time.
May 11, 2022 6:54 AM
Dec 2008
Waiting for that Kaido flashback now.
May 11, 2022 8:52 AM

Jan 2017
https://www.cbr.com/one-piece-manga-chapter-1048-anime-episode-733-climax-comparison/amp/

I have never agreed on CBR, but this one is so damn true!!
May 11, 2022 7:11 PM

Apr 2018

After the way Oda has stretched Orochi's arc, I seriously don't think this is the final clash. Like can't even conceive how that could be the case.

Maybe I watch too much Morj lol, but he is dead right that the fight against Kaido is far from finished
May 27, 2022 5:45 AM

Jun 2019
LOL... That's a big ass attack that's coming straight to Kaido. Momo needs to hold the island up for the time being.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

16 by Biisoo »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.