Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2022 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
This was actually a rather epic comeback for the show. Didn't waste much time with recapping BS and just jumped right into the main story again with the conflict again.

Kei and Shion jumped right back into fighting the good fight again. Plenty of mecha based action and fighting. I wonder if it keep this level of momentum.
Apr 11, 2022 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
The 2nd split-cour of Sunrise Beyond's new Gunpla marketing show, and I hope this will help close out the rather bad 1st half, expectations are super low.

So...an 8-months timeskip from the aftermath of the battle with Ghost in the Oki Islands, and the North American Coalition won the AI war, leaving the Eurasion, AFTE and Confederation of Oceania armies in the dust. And yet the war against the "terrorist" Resistance group Yatagarasu lingers on, while they and AMAIM pilots Gashin and Shion recuperate.

Not surprised that the North American military will go after Yatagarasu with its army and refugees, and they indicted a spy to buy their way into the farce, all to indicate that aggression of gunfire is reason enough for them to take action. This proves to be a problem for Gashion, Shion and the rest of the crew to fight their way through, and Amou came back from the dead with a stronger AMAIM Kenbu (matching the likes of Ghost), though at what cost of his humanity, remains to be seen.

A decent return with a somewhat inferior OST, though Natumi.'s ED "pARTs" with SawanoHiroyuki's composition is unmistakable.
KANLen09Apr 11, 2022 9:27 AM
Apr 11, 2022 9:24 AM

Apr 2016
Well, the first part was kinda meh but still entertaining enough to keep up with it, so here i am. Now we are here with the continuation, or the second part rather ... the main-kun not ded, but upgraded, even after the timeskip ... the political situation of Japan still an absolute mess, and we still have Japan as a center of all the fighting because ? Japan has all the ? Something i guess. So yeah, here we are fighting for ... freedom i guess.

War, war never changes.
Apr 11, 2022 9:29 AM

Apr 2014
Trying to kill innocent people bruhhh..... Get lost rotten armies. The Japanese land is not your playground.
Hiroyuki Sawano's composed and arranged ED was very nice. I don't know why, but I really like both of Kyoukai Senki ED.

何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 11, 2022 9:51 AM

Jun 2021
That was actually a.... good episode...

I have zero expectations for this show, given most of S1 was a bore, but the build up to the return of Amou was nicely done.
Apr 11, 2022 9:56 AM
Sep 2015
I can see that an advancement in AI deployment in North America faction might be the double-edge sword, what if the AI gone mad....

Anyway, the message I get from this anime until this point is
Japan = good side, protecting civilian from invader
North America = bad side, attacking civilian
Other factions = also bad, but with inferior technology than North America

It can't be this simple right? There has to be more dimension than this right?
Apr 11, 2022 10:13 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its been a while but its nice to see the team again. But man the yanks sure ended up getting quite the boon thanks to Ghost's AI. Eight months later things look even grimmer than before thanks to the advances that the yanks made in AI tech. Looks like Branson corps decided to end their agreement with the rebels without informing them. In the interim its nice to see Shion and Gashin bond. Using refugee's as a tracker that will enable them to find the last of the rebels within the vicinity what a cruel strategy. Its unfortunate that even this war is not immune to traitors. Not to mention the existence of war crims as well. Damm Amou made such a flashy but highly effective entrance to the battle. Though his expression near the end was a curious one. Overall though really enjoyed this ep's good blend of action and world expansion that also showcased the subtle but much stronger element of fear thats starting to permeate into their struggle. Still have to say both the new OP and ending theme were really good ones with the visuals matching perfectly with them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2022 11:01 AM

Nov 2008
Amou learned some serious skills since he was nearly killed. Also, some of the new weapons in the OP, are those pulse rifles? It's kinda odd seeing energy weapons all of a sudden even the rifles in the second half are pretty advanced compared to S1.

Apr 11, 2022 11:05 AM

Sep 2015
I khew it that German Gobert and Brenson Company has betrayed there agreement with the rebels. Good start that Amo is back.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Apr 11, 2022 12:14 PM

Feb 2021
Pretty much has the same problems it previously had. Amou still being alive makes Part I feel even worse. The way the opening sequence is animated should be how the series should look in general. It doesn't help that I started watching a lot of early Gundam between Parts I and II. It makes it look even more terrible. The only thing I enjoyed was the antagonist's weaseling ways of getting his way, and that's a bad thing.
Apr 11, 2022 12:14 PM

Feb 2012
Crunchyroll messed up their timing for the subs on this one (very fitting).

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 11, 2022 12:34 PM

Sep 2015
Spirit_Chaser said:
Pretty much has the same problems it previously had. Amou still being alive makes Part I feel even worse. The way the opening sequence is animated should be how the series should look in general. It doesn't help that I started watching a lot of early Gundam between Parts I and II. It makes it look even more terrible. The only thing I enjoyed was the antagonist's weaseling ways of getting his way, and that's a bad thing.

This is not a problem that Amou is still alive but we will get an explanation as to how he is alive. Even the male protagonist in Gundam 00 is alive and well after we thought that Setsuna is dead at that time.

Part 1 has alot of impact to the story because the North American Coalition has benefited a lot. On the Battle of Oki Island With Ghost because they retrived the intact core of Ghost’s AI core. That means they won the AI wars with other three nations. That is why the Capricorn AI that the NAC has predicted the expansion of the territory because of the retrival of the Ghost AI core. Now they has a lot of advantages on the battle with those three nations.

The trio not doesn’t have the tectical advantage they have because the AI that the NAC has now has the capability that I-LeS (the rebels’s AI technology)has now that can match there tactics.

Kep in mind that Brad Watt can potentially pilot the real core of Ghost AI that based on the new Opening, he will clash with Amou’s Kenbu. When that Machine is complete. Brad is on cahoots with German Gobert and Brenson Corp to potentially make use of Ghost AI and based on the Preview of the next episode.
RHS100Apr 11, 2022 1:00 PM
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Apr 11, 2022 2:38 PM

Jan 2014
Didn't even realize that this was coming back this season, but it's honestly welcomed with that first episode honestly. If it continues, then I'll gladly take it in full.
Apr 11, 2022 2:47 PM

May 2021
Great episode! We are finally back and a black AMAIM saves the day...
it is none other than... AMOU!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 11, 2022 4:56 PM

Feb 2014
Imo, the should have skipped the opening this episode, Amou being revealed alive so early won't have any impact if we see him in the opening.
Apr 11, 2022 9:22 PM
Jul 2018
Punkero said:
Imo, the should have skipped the opening this episode, Amou being revealed alive so early won't have any impact if we see him in the opening.

The opening made it pretty lame. There was no real tensios about Amous revealing.

But the opening showed something else.
It looked and felt exactly like the first opening.
As I previously mentioned, the last battle of part 1 changed nothing to the overall story except that there was a technological boost for AI.

Worst of all, the resistance is completely incompetent.
They depend on a single foreign mysterious supplier and they learned nothing about tactics or strategy.

If Amou would not have joined the battle, then the two main fighters of the resistance would have been killed.
Apr 12, 2022 1:15 AM

Jan 2011
most shows don't even drop the opening on the first episode this one had a even bigger reason with how S1 ended even if we knew he was coming back so that was a bit of a bummer even if the reveal looked cool with the black armor camo

resistance seems to be in a even shitter spot doesn't help they have just been relying on two pilots without amou was hoping they would get at least one new one in 8months but eh hes back

ED is amazing though figured sawano had a handling in it sounds just like his work
Apr 12, 2022 1:26 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good start, Excited to see where this takes us
Apr 12, 2022 4:44 AM

Oct 2016
They did not give a fuck with the opening lmao, we knew it was the case, but they could have at least still hide it you know.

That was actually a really solid start. Predictable yes, but Amou's return was fucking cool. I wonder who saved him though, cause someone definitely did.

I guess North America got Ghost's AI thanks to Brad. Curious to see how Amou changed.

ED fucking slaps though, Sawano at it again.
Apr 13, 2022 2:22 AM

Oct 2008
whooohw! what happen to Amou!? kewl!!!
5/5.

Apr 13, 2022 4:03 AM

Aug 2015
Really enjoyed Part 1 and there have been some really interesting changes in the time skip so I'm excited for this to be back.

Also, omitting the OP is pointless when listings for the new Kenbu, pictures and all, showed up like a month ago.
Controversial opinions
Apr 13, 2022 7:24 AM

Nov 2014
As literally everyone under the sun predicted, Amou is still alive. I like that they didn't even bother to cut him out of the opening, seems even they realized it wasn't much of a twist. Writing was a bit on the sloppy side, as per the usual, but the art style actually looked a bit better at times. Still mostly flat, but I saw I few decent looking shots of people's faces. Still lots of scenes of people sitting around a table talking to each other about what's about to happen.

I have no idea why Amou decided to show up in a black mech at first, other than for dramatic effect.
Apr 14, 2022 11:52 PM
Jan 2017
dammnnnn..
i heard madara voice here,,, just like trying to world domination once again
Apr 15, 2022 1:36 PM

Apr 2016
Amou's bullcrap survival of an explosion was to be expected, but it was not as aggravating as the similar bullcrap explosion survivals in Wing, SEED, and Code Geass. Probably because AMAIM hasn't pretended to be anything more than a fun cool robot show, whereas those other shows pretended that they were super serious dramas.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2022

31 by SSSS_Shunaria »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:31 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16, 2022

16 by Danlar390 »»
Oct 15, 2023 6:50 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2022

12 by Deago »»
Sep 16, 2023 4:06 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2022

22 by Deago »»
Jul 7, 2023 10:35 PM

» New Kyoukai Senki project

NogueraB - Feb 15, 2023

0 by NogueraB »»
Feb 15, 2023 8:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.