Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2022 9:42 AM

Nov 2011
This episode had one of the most gruesome designs I've seen in terms of monster look.

Daida also had a huge responsibility of weight put on his shoulders. I must say, he's really come a long way since the beginning. Crazy how this show will end in just one more episode after this long journey.
Mar 17, 2022 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
Weebslayerr69 said:
Bruh are you from the future tf
Stark always watches first from Japanese TV, what are you talking about you weeb(not)slayerthot69
Mar 17, 2022 10:50 AM

Jul 2017
Finally, Daida (and us the audience) are shown Miranjo's promise to both King Bosse and the Demon she sold her soul to, which they adventured together.

It's clear that King Bosse and Miranjo fancied each other, more than Bojji's mom Shiina. And getting stronger in the Ranking of Kings was Bosse's dream...which Miranjo gave it to him through the Demon, to use the unborn Bojji's strength to his own selfish advantage. And that sets off the chain of events leading to his demise, and the manipulation from the ground up starting from Daida was the result of the catastrophe seen throughout the series from start to finish.

The last ordeal to face the Demon to save Miranjo from within, she's trapped in there with no way to go, and Daida requested Bosse's wish to the Demon to bring Miranjo back to life, and ultimately, marry her as means to take care of her for the rest of his deceased father's life to atone for her sins. And as much as the Underworld Captain hates the nonchalance, Despa has no choice but to concede this over saving the immortal Ouken, seeing how much Miranjo has been suffering throughout this journey, and Desha also doesn't have a choice but to take money as compensation.

This learning journey has been one of the greatest underdog stories in anime, from Bojji's road of strength to strength, to Daida's development from this love-hate relationship with Bojji from misunderstandings. Finally, the two brothers are aligned together, and Queen Hiling got the literate shock of her life knowing all of this.

One more episode to go...what will the eventual Ranking of Kings be?
Mar 17, 2022 10:51 AM

Feb 2021
So the first thing Daida does after coming back is to say he is going to marry Miranjo...
Weird but ok, kinda feel bad for Ouken, I think he deserved better.

Curious to see what will happen to Desha now, the other king who won the Ranking of Kings went mad, so I really wanna see what happens next.

Just 1 more episode to go, excited for next week to see what happens in the finale.
MadanielFLMar 17, 2022 1:52 PM
Mar 17, 2022 10:53 AM
Jan 2010
they managed to drop the score from a good 7/10 in the first season to a 3 at most this shit is embarrassing
Mar 17, 2022 10:58 AM
Sep 2017
How old is Daida?? I can't tell if I didn't realize he was older or if this relationship with Miranjo is just bizarrely inappropriate.
Mar 17, 2022 11:01 AM
Oct 2016
I'm sure this episode will be divisive one way or another with the whole Daida marrying Miranjo thing. While it is odd that was Daida first idea after Bosse said to take care of her. But I will say its ok because of what Despa said to Miranjo. How she must atone for the rest of her life by making sure the next generation knows of her crimes and how not to repeat them. A resolution not all would be happy with, those in the audience included. Its not a perfect way to do things and some might not even call it just, but its enough for me. I always like the whole "don't let the next generation repeat your mistakes" trope and the theme of lineage and passing things down this story justifying saving Miranjo as a way to make sure the pain of her life doesn't get passed down like it did to her. Its acceptable if not commendable.

Most of the episode though was bringing everyone together after the insane battles that have been happening in consecutive sequences. Hiling reuniting with her baby boys after they've both just been through so much brought tears to my eyes. The actual act of saving Miranjo even had implications since Despa couldn't save Ouken with the wish. Desha now going to the top ranking treasure trove could be bad news. I wonder how things could be wrapped up more in the finale
Mar 17, 2022 11:02 AM
Sep 2015
This is almost perfect anime, almost, since there's a controversial episode 18. But since the problematic visual doesn't exist in a clear, definitive similarity manner in manga, Studio Wit will have to take a blame here.
Mar 17, 2022 11:02 AM
May 2020
Daida is smooth, well now Miranjo is gonna be a princess; which should be good for her.

I’m sad about Despa and Desha, i really don’t trust that ranking guy.

Future arcs seems to be setting up for Ouken being saved and for Miranjo to turn the Demon back into a cutesy.

Hiling being so proud of her boys, and her reaction to her youngest son having a fiancé is priceless lol.

One more episode to end this part of the story guys.
Mar 17, 2022 11:05 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
I did not expect that marriage proposal at all but in a way I guess it makes sense for Miranjo to have another chance, even if not everyone has forgiven her.

What I'm more curious about is what will happen to the ranking itself now. Will we have another season that expends on it further? Hopefully that's the case since, so far, it's been great.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 17, 2022 11:09 AM

Nov 2007
25:25 JST
https://twitter.com/osama_ranking/status/1506586806468460548
tsubasaloverMar 24, 2022 8:54 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 17, 2022 11:15 AM

Jul 2011
Was cool, and stuff all the Miranjo revival, but dont that means that when Daida die, Daida soul will be devoured by the Devil? Thats a problem to future selves to deal with.

Despa going back to Underworld will be interesting.

The Miranjo situation, is those rare cases that the girl who have a long life span lose her first love battle, and end up settling with the child of the first love. Is interesting because I cant remember a series , but can remember some fandoms joking about it around the internet..
BlichoBoyMar 17, 2022 11:43 AM
Mar 17, 2022 11:15 AM

Feb 2019
Yea idc what the excuse is, fuck miranjo and it makes no sense why Daida would marry her. He’s at most like 14 and she’s at least 25-30. And the moral outrage aspect of it is not even what I care about, it’s the fact she literally killed your brother’s mom? I’m not even saying you have to actively execute or hurt her, but I’m definitely not sharing a bed with and marrying someone like that.

Story kinda falling off sadly
Mar 17, 2022 11:19 AM
Oct 2021
I'm so disappointing with the second cour.. It started so well

Still curious to know what will happen with Desha tho
Mar 17, 2022 11:20 AM

Sep 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Yea idc what the excuse is, fuck miranjo and it makes no sense why Daida would marry her. He’s at most like 14 and she’s at least 25-30. And the moral outrage aspect of it is not even what I care about, it’s the fact she literally killed your brother’s mom? I’m not even saying you have to actively execute or hurt her, but I’m definitely not sharing a bed with and marrying someone like that.

Miranjo's age is most probably 100+
Mar 17, 2022 11:20 AM

Feb 2019
ZXEAN said:
Marinate1016 said:

Her physical age yea but mental age is about 25-30, she was in stasis so didn’t age
Mar 17, 2022 11:23 AM

Sep 2020
Marinate1016 said:
ZXEAN said:

Her physical age yea but mental age is about 25-30, she was in stasis so didn’t age
Not that much I think it's 16-18. There is no official data so we can only assume.
Mar 17, 2022 11:23 AM

Feb 2019
ZXEAN said:
Marinate1016 said:

Not that much I think it's 16-18. There is no official data so we can only assume.

Anyway irrelevant to the original post, it’s weird. Fuck miranjo
Mar 17, 2022 11:32 AM

Sep 2020
Marinate1016 said:
ZXEAN said:

Anyway irrelevant to the original post, it’s weird. Fuck miranjo
Yaa ofc Daida going to do that 😏
Mar 17, 2022 11:40 AM
Aug 2016
-Miranjo tries to kill Hiling and Boji
-Manipulated By Miranjo
-Gets Body Taken Over By Miranjo
-Miranjo is step mom

Marries Miranjo
Mar 17, 2022 11:43 AM

Sep 2021
AnarchistCandy said:
How old is Daida?? I can't tell if I didn't realize he was older or if this relationship with Miranjo is just bizarrely inappropriate.
pretty sure he said "my future wife" so even if he said he will marry her that doesn't mean it has to be now, my guess is Miranjo gonna live with them in the castle till they're both on the age of marriage but if not then yep it's weird lol.

Mar 17, 2022 11:44 AM

Feb 2019
This felt like a final episode I'm really curious what's gonna happen next
Mar 17, 2022 11:50 AM
Jun 2021
I know not everyone will like this but I personally loved it and I’m excited to see more. I will say the making the deal with the demon was not explained at all as we know there most be some catch to it but I have a feeling with the style of the show they will answer it. Also I will say the character development and writing has been so well done even if it’s not all ways what you believe in it was been so soild and I love it so much.
Mar 17, 2022 11:53 AM
Jun 2021
wimu said:
This felt like a final episode I'm really curious what's gonna happen next

I totally agree but I do think since there is a lot of other stuff build up in the background that what ever the outcome or reveal or plot twist is it will at least make sense for the to happen as they are build up to it with this episode feeling like a finale
Mar 17, 2022 11:56 AM
Oct 2019
People in mal are delusional, you know marrying people in the old days regardless of age was normal along with a marriage can be non sexual too but everyone just jumps the gun, same case with how everyone hates the second cour for no reason. The training happens in the 1st cour in the first place as does the “plot armor” which no one dying apparently makes people mad somehow for some reason? Yea ok 😂
poo poo
Mar 17, 2022 11:58 AM
Jan 2021
fahoad2 said:
-Miranjo tries to kill Hiling and Boji
-Manipulated By Miranjo
-Gets Body Taken Over By Miranjo
-Miranjo is step mom

Marries Miranjo

Daida is just following his fathers will to save miranjo and what other way could he save her
Mar 17, 2022 12:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yeah...This anime managed to make me do a complete 180 in regards to Miranjo lol

Seeing her full backstory with Bosse combined with what Daida did to bring her back and make her his wife was very heartwarming for me and I hope that she can find happiness from now on

Every time Hiling comes on screen I get all the feels, so when she hugged both Bojji and Daida I felt that shit all over my body TwT But I'm happy for everyone in the end and so proud of Bojji and Daida

I wanted to know more about the demon-ish king dude from when Miranjo's first flashbacks started, but I guess he wasn't that important since we saw him got killed offscreen by Bosse....The Red Demon child has a very unfortunate curse so I hope that they can somehow save him too

Overall, another great episode this week imo....I just wanan know exactly whats gonna happen now in regards to the Underworld King guy and where he's going, because that jester looking guy seems kinda sus to me
Mar 17, 2022 12:08 PM
Apr 2018
The mangaka's into happy endings (based on his interview, read it on ANN) so I expected no one dies here.
Mar 17, 2022 12:13 PM
Dec 2012
Miranjo and Daida weird me out by so much, Miranjo is almost basically his step-sister, and even after murdering Bojii's mom and taking away his strength, regardless of your past. Yes, she was tortured and basically wanted to be with Bosse, but she drowned herself in her own selfishness and still gets forgiven... like what.
Mar 17, 2022 12:15 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Daida is finally free and though Despa was about to ask the devil for Ouken to be saved, Daida quickly asked if they could save Miranjo which they managed to do! He also.. is going to marry her?!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 17, 2022 12:23 PM
Jul 2011
I find it weird how people are confused as to why Daida wants to marry Miranjo as if it was just a moment's decision.

If the opening and the previous episodes didn't make it clear:

Daida had grown fond and has always been with Miranjo (as Mirror) for YEARS!!!
He wanted to know what kind of woman the Mirror was, and was completely infatuated/in love with the Mirror.

After everything was revealed to him, it just made him love her more and accept her despite her flaws.
Mar 17, 2022 12:25 PM

Jan 2009
the Demon can grant wishes but it makes him more evil and ugly eh?

ye Oken is immortal anyway so make Daida wish for Miranjo to be resurrected first

Daida x Miranjo romance happen

now time for the main plot what will happen if you reach number 1 ranking of kings and Desha is about to find out but im sure it will be bad like Power Corrupts as hinted by that assistant
Mar 17, 2022 12:42 PM

Jan 2008
BlichoBoy said:
Was cool, and stuff all the Miranjo revival, but dont that means that when Daida die, Daida soul will be devoured by the Devil? Thats a problem to future selves to deal with.

Not at all. You don't automatically get your soul devoured. The devil asks for something in return when he grants a wish. But it's not always the soul. For Bosse, it was half his lifespan. For Miranjo, it was her soul, but that was because Miranjo already broke a promise with the devil. For Daida's wish, the devil got his head back. He won't take anything from Daida.

As for the wishes, I think it's because most of the wishes he granted were selfish, which reflected back on him.
Mar 17, 2022 12:47 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I found the whole DaidaxMiranjo thing rushed and borderline bizarre. I understand how he's been fond of the mirror for a long time, but all the damage she's done should give him a lot more pause in tkaing this decision.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 17, 2022 12:51 PM

May 2019
Who wrote this episode... this episode was honestly just terrible. Miranjo caused tons of citizens of the kingdom to be slaughtered by Ouken, encouraged Bosse to steal his new born baby's power making him disabled, killed Boji's mum so Bosse could have another baby who's body he would steal, attempted to murder Hilling, got Dorshe nearly killed and dismembered, almost got the rest of the 4 heavenly kings killed, tried to have Boji killed on multiple occasions, broke criminals out of prison who killed multiple people and died themselves.

Despite all of this, the idea that Miranjo was a "good person" was still shoved in our faces, simply because she was nice when she was like 5. Then Bosse has the balls to ask Daida to forgive and protect her... AND HE ACTUALLY DOES, he cared about what his father, who disabled his brother, let that brother's mother die without condemning the person who did it, let the attempted assassinations of both HIS mother and his brother happen, stole his body, and try to kill their own subjects. SO MUCH, that he even decided that she was worth marrying to protect... Daida couldn't care less about all the harm she did, simply because she was kind as a kid..

There's no logic in this episode. I get that typical Shonen do the thing where they just forgive the enemy. But that enemy usually isn't someone who caused so much personal harm towards them, and usually have an excuse, she most certainly does not. also, they don't usually marry them afterwards.
"Equivalent exchange. I'll give half of my life to you, if you give half of your life to me."
Mar 17, 2022 1:04 PM

Jul 2021
tbh this is the episode i was waiting for...i was gettin rather irritated by the rather twisted motivations of bosse and miranjo. I wanted a better understanding of their dynamic or a proper backstory, and this episode provided it making me satisfied. However marrying her is a bit extreme tho 😂
Mar 17, 2022 1:08 PM

Aug 2018
StardustReverie said:
they managed to drop the score from a good 7/10 in the first season to a 3 at most this shit is embarrassing
I agree bruh it looks like the show is tryna come off like it has good writing, dude this is just some naruto shit
Gnyo ho!
Mar 17, 2022 1:12 PM
Aug 2014
AnarchistCandy said:

He's definitely FAR younger than Miranjo. I don't really understand this either... It also comes completely out of nowhere. Like there was no build up or anything. I'm absolutely confused by this decision in the writing... I've enjoyed pretty much everything in the show but... this...
Mar 17, 2022 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
kerespup said:
I find it weird how people are confused as to why Daida wants to marry Miranjo as if it was just a moment's decision.

He wanted to know what kind of woman the Mirror was, and was completely infatuated/in love with the Mirror.

After everything was revealed to him, it just made him love her more and accept her despite her flaws.

Precisely. I mean, surely Miranjo is a criminal, but Daida, the king, chose to resurrect her and take responsibility for her. It's up to the victims of her crimes to decide whether they forgive her or not. Miranjo will likely spend her life atoning for her sins too.

It truly was shocking to see Daida go as far as to wanting to marry Miranjo, but there's more to it than just pure love and shit. People don't always marry for love - what a shocker, right? Plus, some weirdos here may have assumed the two would immediately engage in acts of pedophilia and hence the rage, but I'm certain that won't be happening. The two can wait.

I'm sure the age-gap will still result in many foaming mouths however.

P.S Miranjo is a Waifu Daida knew since forever. The waifu became real. Isn't it everyone's dream for their Waifu to become an actual wife? :D
Sigmar-UnberogenMar 17, 2022 1:26 PM
Mar 17, 2022 1:25 PM

Apr 2009
OK, first of all, the promise with the demon... you are not just going to address it? I mean, they technically did it, but it was a literal 5 seconds flashback. By the way the previous episode ended and Miranjo's own words, I thought it was going to be like a big deal.

Admitelly the flashback with Bosse does a decent job at showing their relationship, but just comes too late at this point.

And Daida... look, I get he would totally be fascinated by Miranjo, who is a sexy voice in a mirror (Voiced by teh Maya Sakamoto) who praises him constantly, but jumping to marriage? Like what the fuck author? She's like 100 years old and basically his step mom. It's just fucking weird and I don't even think Miranjo would even feel the same way since she spent several decades obsessed with Daida's own father.

Mar 17, 2022 1:38 PM
Dec 2016
MadanielFL said:
So the first thing Daida does after coming back is to say he is going to marry Miranjo...
Weird but ok, kinda feel bad for Ouken, I think he deserved better.

Curious to see what will happen to Desha now, the other king who won the Ranking of KIngs went mad, so I really wanna see what happens next.

Just 1 more episode to go, excited for next week to see what happens in the finale.

Completely Agree!!!
Mar 17, 2022 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
kerespup said:

You're confused that people on MAL struggle to grasp simple concepts presented at face value? It's a recurring theme. Not that the writing is all that impressive to be honest, but those saying it made no sense clearly aren't paying attention when they're watching the episodes.

You could see Daida having empathy towards Miranjo ever since he officially met her inside himself and that's after spending most of the start of the series being infatuated by the mirror and doing everything it was telling him to do.

The series definitely lost its charm for me, but it's still enjoyable to an extent.
Mar 17, 2022 2:29 PM
Feb 2019
I had high hopes for this anime. Loved the first part of the season but it kinda fell off with each episode after the first half, espicially this one imo.
Mar 17, 2022 2:32 PM

Jan 2009
"love is blind"

the precious mirror become a real life waifu lol

Miranjo got that Halo Effect at work

and Miranjo maybe old but her frozen dead body is not maybe her dead body is at least early 20 years old
degMar 17, 2022 4:14 PM
Mar 17, 2022 2:35 PM

Jan 2020
well didn't expected that Daida will marry Miranjo, but ok, also feel bad for Ouken, wish Desha will find the cure in the god treasure but I don't fully trust the man from ranking

btw 1 episode left and this journey will end, kinda sad
Mar 17, 2022 2:38 PM

Apr 2021
rasterman7 said:
I did not expect that marriage proposal at all but in a way I guess it makes sense for Miranjo to have another chance, even if not everyone has forgiven her.

What I'm more curious about is what will happen to the ranking itself now. Will we have another season that expends on it further? Hopefully that's the case since, so far, it's been great.
nice 777th post but pls tell me the brailee meaning in yoursig

Ps. Daida marrying miranjo is pucked
𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓼𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓸𝓷,

TBA
TBA
-

If you liked my signature please Comment on my profile
Mar 17, 2022 2:55 PM
Nov 2020
While there's still one more episode, I'm not satisfied with the coldness of Bosse's decision when accepting to steal Bojji's strength. He is strong, but does not seem like a cold character. Maybe he was planning never to have a child at that moment and trick the Devil by doing so.

Also, it's not clear what limitations does the power of the Devil have, for example wishes per person, but I don't think Miranjo and Bosse had a plan around that, because they could have executed it and they didn't.
Mar 17, 2022 2:55 PM

Jan 2016
ZXEAN said:
Marinate1016 said:

She's definitely way older than 16-18. She was already a teen or adult before Daida was ever even thought of, let alone born.
Mar 17, 2022 2:58 PM

Sep 2018
Had a good laugh this episode, whenever the anime takes one minor step forward, it inevitably takes ten massive steps backwards. This anime has taken forgiveness and plot convenience to a whole new level lol, and I thought the writing couldn't get any worse.
Mar 17, 2022 3:00 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
neiinc said:
rasterman7 said:

nice 777th post but pls tell me the brailee meaning in yoursig

Ps. Daida marrying miranjo is pucked
Thank you. The signature is a quote from one of my currently favorite manga Gakkou Gurashi. It goes something like:

"Humanity through some stupidity, some will skip washing their hands and end up ruining it for everyone" Shiiko Aosoi, 2018.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

229 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2022

177 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

107 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2022

115 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2022

118 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 7:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.