Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2022 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Seems this episode deals with refugees in the kingdom.

It's kinda hard to take Carla seriously in her maid outfit but she's there for a good cause. As usual, Souma does his good deed for the community even if not everyone agrees with him. I was not expecting him to throw that big punch this episode though lol
Mar 12, 2022 9:29 AM

Apr 2010
The country still has it's fare share of problems it seems but Souma is working hard.
Anyway it seems others are working hard as well to make the country a better place which is a good thing.
This was nice to see tho already looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 12, 2022 10:10 AM

Apr 2010
Forgot how bad the animation was until there was actually some action involved. lol
Mar 12, 2022 10:10 AM

Jul 2017
So Souma and Liscia are out on official duties disguised as usual, with both Owen and Carla in tow as bodyguard. Carla surely felt embarrassed wearing a maid uniform, and Owen expressed his doubts going to visit the slums in the kingdom.

The slums in Friedonia...certainly looks very different, thanks to improvements like sanitation and clearing out illegal actions from Ginger's actions, and Souma spares no effort in letting everyone live the same, the exact way he wanted it to be. It's more of a health edutainment advertisement for Liscia and the others since this can be done with magic instead, but Souma sees the practicality for it as change to recognize that diseases do exist, and the three-eyed race is perfect for this while maintaining a low profile to help develop the kingdom better in the area of healthcare.

The three-eyed beings of partner doctors Hilde Nord and Brad Jocker are definitely weird, and checking up on Ginger's progress, it seems that his ways are improving the livelihood too for people to start being literate. The more cautious refugee camp, Souma has also already made preparations for it with resources and security (which still is a liability since it's open space).

It looks like there's still more work to be done outside the kingdom walls, and Souma would do well to focus on them a wee bit more. It wouldn't be done until each and every citizen is accounted for.
Mar 12, 2022 10:16 AM
Oct 2016
Making and keeping a populace clean is an important step to improving quality of life. Which was one of Kazuya first goals when he became king. Improving the citizens lives by making the city a better place to live. Going to the slums and not just criminals and drugs but tearing down musty houses and building new ones that have better air flow and won't become power kegs of disease and pathogens. A major overhaul of how these people live which allows them to prosper more. Those new houses being free of charge, paying the citizens to keep the city clean, opening Ginger job training school to teach people more of what they need to better themselves. Making it like a real school in our world by offering free school lunches to all kids that attend. There's so many things Kazuya has done in this former downtrodden part of town and made the people most susceptible to hardship majority free from it now.

Along with the help of this race of beings whom have that microscope third eye. One of them being the doctor lady from the episode preview Hilda. She's certainly interesting with her no nonsense personally but she does care for the people there in her own way I suppose. Just outside the walls of the kingdom the refuge situation has definitely gotten worse. People coming from up north to escape the demon king and landing outside the capital of Fredonia. Bandits and disgruntled slave traders not happy with Kazuya new policies trying to take advantage of the refugees and make money capturing and selling them. That is what Kazuya must solve next.
Mar 12, 2022 10:23 AM
Jun 2015
This episode solidified this as an excellent series. As someone who loves seeing world-building in action, this episode had so many great things! From more interactions between races to the interplay between refugees and the kingdom/adventurers. And even geopolitical elements, medical science, security measures, and education. Overall, I'm just loving this series! It really does what it sets out to do well (just like how the other series this season sets out to do comedy and has a distinct flair from this)!
Mar 12, 2022 10:43 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Souma told Liscia and Carla about pathogens which they didn't know about xD. There is also a third eye race who can see the pathogens though lol. Souma introduced the school lunch system! Hope the lunches aren't as bad as in the 3d world.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 12, 2022 10:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
That has to be the strangest road trip party ever lol. Have to say the slums identifier really is misapplied here because that looks like no slum i seen. The three eyes race does seem to be the perfect doctors though as their long life gives them plenty of time to perfect their craft. Its nice to see Ginger and San are doing well as well. The training center was such a great idea. Realist's ability to incorporate real life issues into its narrative never ceases to amaze me. Odd place to have girl issues though. Its rare indeed to see Souma get angry but those kidnappers really had it coming. Excellent ep as always that while showcasing how much Souma's reforms had changed the slums also did well to show one of the consequences of his reforms as well namely bad apples going after innocents to get out. Curious though at how Souma would solve the refugee problem though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2022 10:53 AM
Sep 2018
Welp.
Let's just say this would be a good entry if there was a David Weber Info Dump competition along the lines of the Bulwer-Lytton contest.
And they stuck Carla with doing all the, "Huh? What's that" lines, making her sound like a complete dunce.

Worldbuilding, yes.
But the info dump was forced as all get out, and boring.
The comedy that was attempted to lighten it up, just made some folks look dumb who deserved better.

I can't really blame it on the animation team; it's that way in the LN source material as well.
Doesn't change that I didn't enjoy it.
Mar 12, 2022 1:33 PM
Dec 2021
Stark700 said:
Seems this episode deals with refugees in the kingdom.

It's kinda hard to take Carla seriously in her maid outfit but she's there for a good cause. As usual, Souma does his good deed for the community even if not everyone agrees with him. I was not expecting him to throw that big punch this episode though lol

Yeah he looked almost like a… hero. That was a solid punch. He fucked that dude up.
Mar 12, 2022 2:04 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah Souma is really improving the kingdom even for its previous worse parts, and its great when it comes to cleanliness and germs, good thing this world doesn't have COVID... the education part is also important for sure but the immigrants/slavery part seems really worrying with these attacks, I wonder how he will counter that
Mar 12, 2022 4:13 PM
Jan 2021
antonn said:
Forgot how bad the animation was until there was actually some action involved. lol

haha same. But luckily this anime doesn't need good animation. I the plot is the important factor and I love smart MC's and Kazuya is definitely a smart one
Mar 12, 2022 6:25 PM
Aug 2018
Weasalopes said:
Welp.
Let's just say this would be a good entry if there was a David Weber Info Dump competition along the lines of the Bulwer-Lytton contest.
And they stuck Carla with doing all the, "Huh? What's that" lines, making her sound like a complete dunce.

Worldbuilding, yes.
The comedy that was attempted to lighten it up, just made some folks look dumb who deserved better.

I can't really blame it on the animation team; it's that way in the LN source material as well.
Weasalopes said:
Welp.

Worldbuilding, yes.

so u enjoy it very good
Mar 12, 2022 8:14 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is everything i wanted from this isekai, a guy solving his kingdom's problems with "modern" thinking. But overall another good episode, Souma finds a way to try to solve everything, and the whole thing about pathogens and medicine was really good.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 12, 2022 9:18 PM

Oct 2016
Souma really was out here eliminating poverty, drugs and diseases in the background. Oh yeah, their outfits are definitely inconspicuous, sure lmao. Pretty good episode! Nice to see Ginger and San, doing well.

Souma passing the glory at the end there to the adventurers was hilarious.
Mar 12, 2022 9:54 PM

May 2020
Animation took a major hit this episode, though apart from that good to see Souma coming up with yet another way to counter some of those problems their country's being suffering from.
Mar 13, 2022 1:25 PM

Feb 2015
two more episodes of watching paint dry. so much talking and waffle non of it remotely intresting. licias character design is terrible
Mar 13, 2022 1:44 PM

Apr 2010
Crashmatt said:
two more episodes of watching paint dry. so much talking and waffle non of it remotely intresting. licias character design is terrible

I bet you'll be overjoyed to find out that there's actually three episodes remaining.
Mar 13, 2022 4:25 PM

May 2018
Carla in her maid outfit is [b]Chef's kiss[/v]
Mar 13, 2022 7:10 PM
Aug 2018
Crashmatt said:
this anime is good, if u not like then ignore and not force others to believe u
Mar 13, 2022 8:30 PM
Oct 2021
The first season was better. It's getting far too idyllic for a show with "realist" in the title.

"I got rid of all criminals and drugs while giving kids free health care and food. Also, every chick around me is hot and wants to bang me and I have 10 wives. Slavery is basically abolished overnight too!"
Mar 15, 2022 3:46 AM
Mar 2017
Dreystah said:
The first season was better. It's getting far too idyllic for a show with "realist" in the title.

"I got rid of all criminals and drugs while giving kids free health care and food. Also, every chick around me is hot and wants to bang me and I have 10 wives. Slavery is basically abolished overnight too!"

Let me fix that a little bit "i have 7 wives and they're ready to get bang by me(Souma)" there thats the perfect line also i loved this anime i like the world building emphasis they implemented. The plot is interesting but for people who loves action with world building spices mixed up would'nt be able to like this anime.
Mar 15, 2022 10:45 AM

Feb 2019
Solve the refugee crisis eh? Build the wall!
Mar 23, 2022 8:22 PM
Jul 2018
Sheesh, it looks like Soma was able to pinshing his sword
Mar 30, 2022 6:55 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Look at how Souma trying to be as low profile as possible, but actually bringing two cute girls around with one of them wearing maid uniform. Understandable, my king, have a nice day!

The episode really take the whole building kingdom gimmick into another level. So, this episode is about taking care of fantasy people hygiene. Turning slums into a nice little fun settlement. Not to mention you paid people to actually take an active part in maintaining good sanitation and hygiene, and eradicating unnecessary people such as criminals and drug dealers. Then, you also had a handy race, able to seen the microbes and also so damn genius to even been able to create a medicine thanks to that ability. Whats its called again? Three-eyedicine? Damn ...

But seriously though, i am so curious to see how germs looks like and described there, and how those race created the medicine instead of just simple one frame with imouto and little explanation by Souma. Oh well, read the source, maybe?

Then again, nice to meet you, doctor. Interesting how she couldn't realized its Souma, but manage to tell that's Liscia and Carla. And her counterpart named Brad Joker? Very interesting...

Though after a long hygiene talks, looks like slave trader turned into civil servants business still had trouble. Not to mention there's a big case too outside the wall. A refugees issue. Maybe Souma changing topic talent can be a useful there? Lets see next...
badabassMar 30, 2022 6:58 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 7, 2022 9:41 AM

Dec 2018
Weasalopes said:
Welp.

Worldbuilding, yes.

I agree. also came off kind of preachy? i'm not sure what the point was here, it was like an expo show on things we have and how great it is rather than carrying on with the story in any meaningful way. worst episode of the series yet, i haven't found one i didn't like until now. instead of using our world to colorize the work of art, it's more using the art to colorize our world, which is borderline propoganda (if it even had a point to it).
just dumb, awkward, out of place. the refugee thing too feels heavily shoehorned in, even came with cartoony villains to make some (?) kind of point. i hope we can get back to the actual show and it doesn't devolve into some kind of after school programming crap.
May 7, 2022 9:50 AM

Dec 2018
no one else notices this went from "realist guy making tough decisions based on ages of political philosophy and history, sometimes makes errors because it's not 1:1"
to
"idealist guy romps around town spraying sunshine and rainbows with no problems at all because he just gave them modern liberalism"
???
what the hell was this crap
May 24, 2022 3:37 AM

Jan 2018
Souma's got the solution to virtually every problem in this world. It makes the world he got isekai'd into look so dumb. And so do the characters. This episode felt like a PSA for hygiene.
Jun 1, 2022 6:23 AM

Apr 2011
Its convenient that there's a race that can see pathogens. Hats off to Souma for improving the slums.

What a way for him to avoid Yuno by transferring his group's attention to them. Wonder when Souma will reveal himself to her.
Jun 3, 2022 2:07 AM

Jul 2015
First slaves, and now poverty, drugs, diseases and helping refugees, can we give Souma an award already for his contributions to 'humanity'

Jun 29, 2022 4:49 PM
Jan 2022
It's amazing to see how much Kazuya has really improved the country, it's still got it's problems but the overall quality of life has definitely significantly improved.

Being sanitary is an important part of staying healthy so I'm glad to see Kazuya putting in effort to help clean up the country and the slums in particular.

And... Kazuya has definitely had his cover blown as master mascot, I just wonder how people are going to react when they find out
Dec 12, 2022 8:39 AM

May 2020
Hmm, it's a leisure walk where both Souma and Liscia comment on each other's disguises, and avoid standing out. Three-eyed race and pathogens. Cleanliness and hygiene. Microscope and antibiotics. Literacy for children and adults. Also, the free lunch for kids is a very common thing in my place, so it was nice to see it being implemented.

Straight to the refugee camps for rounds. Wah wah, he just pushed all the praise on to the adventurers and escaped when they had the chance.
Jan 12, 2023 9:35 AM

Aug 2018
I'm glad that Tomoe had to give some help finally as well.. Well, I think she might be even more acting in the future.. Once we'll contact demons and stuff.. But right now she studied where specific type of gelins live that are good for medicine production.. Now maybe they'll be able to find them easier.. Or organize conditions for their living, and raising them.. If that's needed.. As keeping balance on creatures in nature is kind of important thing.. You can't just start exterminating some species in mass suddenly.. They will probably be useful for some things in nature.. Like being food to some other creatures.. Or doing some actions that make trees grow.. Or many stuff, really..
May 13, 2023 5:42 PM

Nov 2022
I really hope those refugees get some help. I don't know if they are gonna be let into the kingdom, though I highly doubt they will. But instead Souma is gonna give them a better living predicament.
Jul 1, 2023 2:40 AM
Dec 2022
Souma introduced sanitation and education to the kingdom. He then tries to solve the refugees problem outside the city walls.
Oct 30, 2023 2:59 PM
Oct 2023
Close to none action, this episode seems a bit fillery. Nice change of pace though.
hamyak778Oct 30, 2023 3:02 PM
Nov 25, 2023 8:21 AM

Mar 2013
Carla is so lovely with her outfit.

Is the green-haired adventurer finally going into Souma's life?! I'm hoping for a 5th wife... Ehehehe...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 4, 2023 8:06 PM

Nov 2023
Damn, those refugees!
Jan 16, 8:18 AM
Jun 2012
"Uno catch" lmao.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2022

157 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2022

67 by xxpikachu15 »»
Mar 12, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

53 by Smurf_1 »»
Feb 14, 4:35 PM

» which chapter from the manga did the anime end?

sondongpyo - Apr 3, 2022

15 by Scootboi »»
Jan 31, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2022

48 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 7:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.