Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Hey, How About Treason?) (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2022 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, Wein already got put into another position where he had to make a hard decision. Poor guy, he never catches a break in his role. I think his sister is very lucky to have someone that cares so much about her.

And...Lowellmina continues to show how clever she is, almost as clever as Wayne himself imo.
Mar 8, 2022 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
Wein crashing on the "supposedly" forced political marriage proposal between his sister Falanya and Lowa's oldest brother Demetrio, this is most certainly NOT his strong suit.

We all know how this plays out: Wein will go with the flow, and let others decide on what to do afterwards. Only this time that Wein, Ninym and Lowa put on a show for Demetrio, that I feel is quite sublime given the two's cat-and-mouse intelligence and Ninym's ad-libbing to add to foundation.

Back to business, this would benefit Natra with the Earthwold Empire with Princess Falanya's marriage, but of course who are we kidding, Demetrio's marriage proposal is miniscule when compared to the Summit of the Imperial Heirs, the behind-the-scenes work with Caldmellia, and most importantly, Lowa's position in her own empire as Empress while her 3 brothers fight for the throne.

It's interesting how Wein's sister Falanya is so interested in the reforms, she would make a better Souma Kazuya in the future. But until then, it's the epic mix-up of Wein in Lowa's family royalty issues, and every step he takes (as per Manfred's failed poisoning assassination on Wein, which was redirected to Demetrio which barely survives) spirals him one step closer to ruin, and he finally hit his stride this episode, forcing his sister Falanya to take over. And Falanya using her position to rally the people, starting from the 30,000 people strong city, she might not have the same reputation as her brother, but she's easily as influential as him.

Ninym just continues to be best waifu as her care for Wein knows no bounds, that's dedication. And Falanya's support, more than a welfare of siblings in the same realm, is also an extra support, she's the hidden trump card that Wein was waiting for to shake Mealtars, and quite possibly, his biggest asset.

Impressive. Bumping up my score.
Mar 8, 2022 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
The way Ninym wrote in the paper, She's really skillful. Prince Demotrio proposing marriage to Falanya But Wein and Ninym also lowellmina stopped that with influence. Ninym and Wein used a lie though they can make that a truth.
Ninym really cares for Wein but change the freaking royal rules & Laws to marry her.
Falanya stopped a war with Wein's plan is nice. The Nun is Thicc BTW.
Mar 8, 2022 7:08 AM

May 2021
Yay! Wein's about to kick Demetrio's ass. AND he has no clue what's going on, lol. Luckily, Ninym's there to save the day.

Loved the between-the-lines quarrel b/w Wein and Lowellmina. Reminded me of Oregairu.

Next, Demetrio. This guy's so dumb; just drinking the tea like that. Wish he was more smarter. That would make things so much more meaningful.

Finally, Falanya's speech. I liked it, really did, tho I believe Falanya should have spoken a bit louder for more impact. It felt a bit rushed. Apart from that, good job, Falanya. If she keeps going, I might like her even more than Ninym.

Liked this episode a lot even if it felt a bit rushed at times. 4/5
RioFSMar 8, 2022 7:51 AM

Mar 8, 2022 7:50 AM
Sep 2015
Yep, since this anime is pro-royal, it's my bad to expect that civilian can solve all problems by themselves, even if most problems are from royal confliction.
Mar 8, 2022 8:09 AM

Apr 2021
Wein's really applying the same politics as Sancho I o Povador here rsrs
Falanya is doing well too, she escaped that arranged marriage
Mar 8, 2022 8:30 AM

Jul 2021
Great episode.

Wein and Lowellmina somehow just understood each other and made up a convenient plan to make Dimetres not want to marry Falanya, they postponed further discussion unto other day but we soon see another prince wanting to kill Wein. Wein's tea was poisoned and Wein suspected that, Demetes didn't believe that the tea could be poisoned and so he drank it and was poisoned.

Falanya has had great character development in this and previous episode, more so in this one. We can see how responsible and reliable Falanya can be, best girl I like her. We can see that she is already able to influence people at such a young age, that's really great for her, something tells me she would be a great princess in future.

The Ninym hug and cri scene was heartwarming to see but also felt kind of abrupt IDK why. But I liked to see how much she cares about Wein, that was a good scene. Shows us just close they are, they already are like a couple, they just need to name their relationship now lol. I wonder what could be the reason Ninym doesn't want to marry Wein, should be something serious though I have no hopes that we will find out about that in the three remaining episodes.

Anyway, 5/5 episode. Enjoyed a lot. Though I don't have much idea what's happening and why Caldmellia is there and what are their intentions and stuff, are they the good guys or the bad guys? Honestly at this point I'm only watching for Wein x Ninym scenes, Lowellmina and Falanya lol, don't care much about the story haha.
TsutanaiFuunMar 8, 2022 8:41 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 8, 2022 9:53 AM
Dec 2021
Does he not know that sadist priestess is trying to kill her....all the names is so hard to remember i don't know what's going on anymore 😅
Mar 8, 2022 10:08 AM

Mar 2019
Wein going full "the lion from the north".
Mar 8, 2022 10:32 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wein turning the tables with Lowa's help really did well in creating a priceless expression on the would be suitors face. The family moment between Brother and sister really was sweet. Given how flawed each of the princes are in terms of personality Lowa will be the ideal choice but that itself is a heavy burden for her to bear. It is fortunate that the poisoning did not go as planned but man it sure opened a can of worms for sure including the church's sudden entrance. Despite the gloom and the potential for violence Falanya really shined with her speech to the assembly. Seeing how worried Ninym was after Wein collapsed really shows just how close their bond actually was. As ever Wein's plan was a bold one but made great use of Falanya's ability to inspire the common people to nullify the one thing that the besiegers wanted while also foiling the churches plan once more. Excellent ep that while showing a sense of fragility to Wein and Ninym also did well to greatly expand upon Falanya as a character by making her a saint.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2022 10:32 AM

Mar 2013
Falanya is growing to be a wonderful lady and I'm hoping for her to be a beautiful leader. Wein on the other hand... lol

Ninym crying while hugging Wein was adorable.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 8, 2022 10:41 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Wein tried to warn him about the poison but the idiot wouldn't listen xD. Falanya is good at convincing the people also.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 8, 2022 10:46 AM
Sep 2021
that characteh divolopement of Falyana i son whole another' Level
Mar 8, 2022 11:38 AM

Jun 2021
Leaving aside the usual political aspect(which is the main reason why I'm loving this show),the Ninym hug scene was so wholesome. 😫😫♥️♥️
The cool and sturdy Ninym being a baby for few moments straight I swear I screen recorded it and sent to 5-6 of my homies right after finishing the episode.
Mar 8, 2022 12:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poisoned tea... that's a (predictable) classic... Surprising how Falanya can actually be a great leader, of course Ninym is THE waifu, Wein can rest easy xD
Mar 8, 2022 12:45 PM

May 2020
These philosophical and diplomatic speeches never miss the spot, do they?
Mar 8, 2022 1:39 PM

Nov 2009
LOL @ the eye-battle between Lowellmina and Wein. (which I think Wein lost)

___ ___ ___

At this point, I think the series is heading toward Lil'Sis becoming the Queen and Wein can just rest easy like he wanted since start of episode 1.

(tho Wein is still the actual backbone, Falanya will be the "face")
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 8, 2022 3:32 PM

Jun 2017
Lmao and I thought the dude falling out of the balcony was an idiot, here is another one just straight drinking poison. xD
Mar 8, 2022 4:33 PM

Jul 2017
CraionNumber14 said:
Wein's really applying the same politics as Sancho I o Povador here rsrs
Falanya is doing well too, she escaped that arranged marriage

Considering D.Sancho was a great king, Wein is being pretty smart here
Mar 8, 2022 4:49 PM

Sep 2017
They really be speedrunning this arc. Feels like the went over an episodes worth of stuff in about 1 minute during the "let's talk about what happened while I was fucking off" part.
Mar 8, 2022 5:33 PM

Sep 2020
Demetrio getting knocked with poisoned tea was a lovely unpredictable story development.
Let's see how Wein will deal with the three dumbfounded armed factions now that Falanya and the citizens are all marching with no signs of stopping until the find ''refuge'' somewhere.
Mar 8, 2022 6:18 PM

Aug 2017
Wonder if Demetria is going to try to find out who tf poisoned that tea

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Mar 8, 2022 6:24 PM

Apr 2017
> is served tea

You. Drink this tea!

??????????? What. At least show why he was suspicious of the tea. What the fuck??? Nothing is explained and Wein suddenly ordered the maid to drink the tea. Why? How did he know it was poisoned? Also dumb fuck Prince decided to say "hah you're coward, lemme drink it to show you otherwise". Again, 70IQ retard move.

> foreign princess giving some random speech about solidarity

Yeah okay, but people are divided because there are two sides of opinion, hence the arguments in the assembly. You giving your encouraging speech isn't gonna solve anything.
But who am I kidding. They literally got rallied by a single foreign princess that has no qualm in their country's politics and decided to march with her. For what? Because you got convinced by her anime speech? What the fuck. This is some wishful writing, garbage tier if I may say.
Mar 8, 2022 8:26 PM

Jan 2011
first time i actually had some laughs watching this but im not sure if it was at the intended times
Mar 8, 2022 9:22 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Lots of interesting developments this episode, Demetrio ended up poisoning himself with his confidence that the tea meant for Wein wasn’t poisoned, barely surviving lol, which creates a whole mess of issues for Wein and the entire city, causing Wein to collapse from exhaustion, leading to Falanya taking charge once again. She was kinda badass when she gave her speech to the people of Mealtars and led all 30,000 people in a march away from the city, her development has been pretty great honestly, tho I am surprised the people listened to her so easily, maybe it’s because of the reputation she already built at the assembly.

Of course I can’t forget to mention the Ninym and Wein bit, seeing how much Ninym cares for Wein is pretty nice and I loved the expression she made when he wouldn’t promise to not overdo things again lol. Definitely enjoyed this one, one of the better episodes imo.
Mar 8, 2022 9:47 PM

Oct 2017
Wein x Ninym moment was sweet. Also Falanya did great.
Mar 9, 2022 3:15 AM

Aug 2017
Falanya can actually be a great leader, I'm glad for her. This anime is the hidden gem of this season.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 9, 2022 6:31 AM

Apr 2021
The Arbalest blood surely does have their greatness in leadership. Falanya's growth is undoubtedly marvelous.

Mar 9, 2022 4:08 PM

Jul 2021
Falanya has been gaining a lot of importance in the anime and has become well known in the city of Mealtars, which may end up helping Wein in some way in the future.
asdasdsadad
Mar 10, 2022 2:47 AM

Apr 2010
Xystus said:
> is served tea

You. Drink this tea!

??????????? What. At least show why he was suspicious of the tea. What the fuck??? Nothing is explained and Wein suddenly ordered the maid to drink the tea. Why? How did he know it was poisoned? Also dumb fuck Prince decided to say "hah you're coward, lemme drink it to show you otherwise". Again, 70IQ retard move.

> foreign princess giving some random speech about solidarity

Yeah okay, but people are divided because there are two sides of opinion, hence the arguments in the assembly. You giving your encouraging speech isn't gonna solve anything.
But who am I kidding. They literally got rallied by a single foreign princess that has no qualm in their country's politics and decided to march with her. For what? Because you got convinced by her anime speech? What the fuck. This is some wishful writing, garbage tier if I may say.

I mean MC is a genius, perfect in every way, how would he not know that the tea is poisoned?

As per the nocvel:
He had no way to know that Wein had heightened senses that took note of his tense hand as he served the tea, his shifty eyes, his gait as he made his leave… After dedicating himself to observing the people in his palace, Wein was quick to notice suspicious behavior.

MC just knew lmao.
antonnMar 10, 2022 2:51 AM
Mar 12, 2022 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
Wein again saved the situation, but the MVP of this episode was definitely Falanya.
Can't wait for the next episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 31, 2022 9:35 AM
Mar 2022
Wein is exhausted , but he didn't have any sign of exhaust like eyebugs except that he's fainting
May 9, 2022 6:08 PM

Aug 2008
I was glad with Wein's appearance, but at the same time. I wish that Falanya handled everything. I am sure if she went through something similar again, she will act much better, since she must have gained experience from this time.. I am so rooting for her~
May 29, 2022 3:22 PM

Jul 2015
Marrying each other's little sister, quite the marriage talks. I kinda wish they showed how Wein knew the tea was poisoned, nonetheless was nice seeing Falanya go from unimportant sidecharacter to leading the march of 30.000 people

Jul 12, 2022 9:20 AM

Apr 2011
That is quite a development for Falanya. Wein probably is overworked there.
Sep 21, 2022 10:11 AM

Aug 2018
Good that Falanya is uniting people.. Wonder, where they'll go from here..
So.. Could they all leave for Natra, perchance?.. It seems that their fate will maybe be discussed next episode..
Oct 22, 2023 10:23 PM

Jun 2020
WTF IS GOING ON???
Feb 5, 6:08 AM

Dec 2022
I love the back and forths attacks between Lowa and wien haha, I totally imagine them fighting to see who would educate their kids XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2022

96 by 7thAkatsuki »»
Apr 11, 6:57 PM

» Barbaric actions treated as heroic ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Jan 11, 2022

55 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 1, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2022

96 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 14, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2022

31 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 10, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2022

35 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 8, 9:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.