Forum Settings
Forums

What's your first romance anime? Still remember?

New
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Mar 9, 2022 6:14 AM
Feb 2022
Mine was kaichou wa maid sama. My first and fav anime of all time that brought me into the world of anime.
Mar 9, 2022 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
My first romance anime was Fruits basket, it holds a special place in my heart ^^
Mar 9, 2022 8:30 AM

Apr 2021
My first romance anime was Toradora!

And I guess it was also my first anime (not counting Pokémon) the show made me fall in love with anime and made me realize “maybe anime isn’t that bad after all”

One year later, it’s still my favorite series (love chunibyo & other delusions came close) and my second annual “binge Toradora 3 times in 1 week” week, starts next week (that’s a lot of weeks in 1 sentence)

TL;DR My username is Taiga on everything now. Go watch Toradora if you somehow haven’t seen it
My poor signature was removed because it “took up too much space”
Mar 9, 2022 9:26 AM

Jul 2020
Can't remember which is which but one of these anime was my first, Nyan Koi, Kokoro Connect, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!.
My Candies:
Mar 9, 2022 9:29 AM

Oct 2017
It was citrus. Was also the first anime I watched weekly in Japanese
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Mar 9, 2022 10:06 AM

Dec 2021
My first romance anime was Ao Haru Ride. Not the best in romance but it has a special place in my heart.
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you want it to be?
Mar 9, 2022 10:20 AM
Jun 2021
It was Clannad.........I think.

I don't know,At this point I have watched too much romance anime to remember.

But Clannad was something that got me into it so I think Clannad is it.

Really good....
Mar 9, 2022 10:47 AM

Mar 2017
Mine was my little monster. I don’t remember anything about it now though haha.
Mar 9, 2022 11:54 AM

Jan 2020
Very hard to remember. Probably either Oreimo or Kaguya sama.
Mar 9, 2022 12:12 PM

Jul 2021
goldeen said:
wow my first romance... I think it was Marmalade Boy haha

Old school anime represent! Love that mid 90s vibe.
Mar 9, 2022 12:16 PM

Jul 2021
Ah My Goddess! the OVA from the 90s. It was short, had pretty good animation, and catchy songs. It had easy vibes.
Mar 9, 2022 12:24 PM

Oct 2017
Kyoukai no Kanata, but since MAL doesn't have it tagged as romance, then I think Ouran?
Mar 9, 2022 12:42 PM

Apr 2021
Not sure if Your Lie in April counts as romance. Aside from that, it's probably Horimiya.
Mar 9, 2022 3:00 PM
Aug 2021
SkyZheng82 said:
Not sure if Your Lie in April counts as romance. Aside from that, it's probably Horimiya.

Starting with Your Lie in April is not pleasant haha because yeah u know it
Mar 9, 2022 3:34 PM
Oct 2021
Literally my first anime was romance, Ouran High School Host Club.
To this day it is one of my favorite anime.
Mar 9, 2022 3:49 PM
Jul 2018
Might be Dragonar Academy or Violet Everagrden if they count.
if not, then Clannad.

Do I remember the story or what went on in those animes? Nope, absolutely nothing! Don't even ask me about Violet Evergarden. I don't think I made it past ep 3. I need to get back to it. It is still on my PTW list...waiting...

the first anime I truly enjoyed and remembered stuff from it- Monthly Shoujo Nozaki-kun. That was more of a rom-com though. I really liked the romance going on in there (as someone who actively avoids romance in anime, it is pretty rare. For me to accept a romantic anime, it gotta be really good). I enjoyed Ouran High School Club as well but mainly for the comedy.

removed-userMar 9, 2022 3:54 PM
Mar 9, 2022 3:52 PM
Dec 2021
Mine was Tamako Market and then part of Tamako love story. My very first anime. Started watching anime two years after Tamako. I finished the movie this year.
Mar 9, 2022 3:55 PM

Dec 2014
Jesus... is been 15 years. Is Air romance... I am not sure. If not, then Clannad was my first... I think. Is Clannad romance thou? It has romance but is more like a silence of life drama. Hmmm... Then I think it was Ginban Kaleidoscope.
Mar 9, 2022 3:56 PM
Dec 2021
Mine was Tamako Market and then part of Tamako love story. My very first anime. Started watching anime two years after Tamako. I finished the movie this year.
Mar 9, 2022 4:03 PM

Mar 2021
peach girl lmaoooo. well really it was my first romance manga since i didn't finish the anime. good times
Mar 9, 2022 4:12 PM

Mar 2021
I have seen several romance animes among which I have seen Kaguya sama, Rascal doest, oregairu among others. I don't remember which was the first.
I've even seen some movies with that theme.

Mar 9, 2022 4:30 PM

Feb 2021
Lovely complex, watched it back in 2013, good old times

Between dreams and reality is the vault of your soul. No one could see the “Dream World” without this path.
芸淑 芸

Mar 9, 2022 4:49 PM
Aug 2021
Technically my first was Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Which was also my first anime, but it isnt really a dedicated romance anime and is more of an action. My first real romance dedicated anime was Hensuki. Personally wouldn't recommended it to a friend but if you're bored and don't mind really weird harem anime then its a good watch.
Mar 9, 2022 5:03 PM

Dec 2021
Toradora.Still gotta finish it lowkey
Mar 9, 2022 5:22 PM

Jan 2010
Sailor moon but at tha time as kid didn't know it was romance I thought of them more like the female power rangers.

My first romance were I started to ship was card captor sakura.
Mar 9, 2022 5:24 PM
Jul 2018
Your lie in April was the first one I've watched I'm pretty sure.
Mar 9, 2022 6:33 PM

Jan 2021
I guess mine was Kaguya Sama though other series i watched had romance but they didnt completely focused on it. i still remember most of the plot as i watched it sometime last year
Mar 9, 2022 7:45 PM

Jun 2014
I think it was Kaichou wa Maid-Sama because one of my best friends at the time was obsessed with it, and I had just gotten into anime through Attack on Titan and wanted to branch out. It's still very beloved to me!
Mar 9, 2022 7:47 PM

May 2021
This is probably very common but my first was Toradora
Mar 9, 2022 8:02 PM

Dec 2019
Pretty sure my first romance was your name
Mar 9, 2022 8:28 PM

Jan 2019
IsekaiNekko said:
Eureka 7 ???

for purely romance and drama, i'll say "WINTER SONATA and Nodame Cantabile"

I feel so old reading comments in this thread lol.
Lmao same. So many younglings in here.

I believe my first romance anime was Oregairu. I was in high school at the time and I think (can't remember exactly) I was looking for something similar to 'Welcome to the NHK'. 'Oregairu' was the hot new thing at the time and I had high hopes. Well, I guess it just didn't live up to 'Welcome to the NHK' at all so I didn't enjoy it all that much. Still nothing has quite made me feel the way that show did. GTO sort of hit some similar feels I guess.
SunAndSapphireMar 9, 2022 8:45 PM
Mar 9, 2022 9:16 PM
Aug 2021
SunAndSapphire said:
IsekaiNekko said:
Eureka 7 ???

for purely romance and drama, i'll say "WINTER SONATA and Nodame Cantabile"

I feel so old reading comments in this thread lol.

I believe my first romance anime was Oregairu. I was in high school at the time and I think (can't remember exactly) I was looking for something similar to 'Welcome to the NHK'. 'Oregairu' was the hot new thing at the time and I had high hopes. Well, I guess it just didn't live up to 'Welcome to the NHK' at all so I didn't enjoy it all that much. Still nothing has quite made me feel the way that show did. GTO sort of hit some similar feels I guess.

Oregairu I see starting with a good experience
Mar 9, 2022 9:27 PM

Jan 2019
EiyuuuOu said:
SunAndSapphire said:

If you read my post, I said I didn't enjoy it that much...
Mar 9, 2022 10:29 PM
Jan 2015
EiyuuuOu said:
SunAndSapphire said:

and @SunAndSapphire

Hahaha , i liked Oregairu when i watched it for the first time. I was in college first year. It had that no bullshit and no simp energy but i was rooting for proper romance. Unfortunately plot kept dragging on and i lost interest. Both the girls were amazing but that teacher was the BEST girls LOL
Mar 10, 2022 3:14 AM
Aug 2021
IsekaiNekko said:
EiyuuuOu said:

and @SunAndSapphire

Hahaha , i liked Oregairu when i watched it for the first time. I was in college first year. It had that no bullshit and no simp energy but i was rooting for proper romance. Unfortunately plot kept dragging on and i lost interest. Both the girls were amazing but that teacher was the BEST girls LOL

Yeah the teacher is best girl include Totsuka haha
Mar 10, 2022 11:13 AM

Jan 2019
IsekaiNekko said:
EiyuuuOu said:

and @SunAndSapphire

Yeah, I thought the main character was pretty funny, but it just didn't do it for me for whatever reason. Maybe I'll give it a rewatch somewhere down the line. Although, school anime doesn't really do nearly as much for me now that I'm out of school.
Mar 10, 2022 11:46 AM

Jan 2021
My first romance anime was Kaguya-sama: love is a war, fortunately this gets the third season now.
Mar 10, 2022 11:55 AM

Dec 2019
Quick question can hentai count as romance
Mar 10, 2022 11:58 AM

Apr 2021
I'm pretty sure it was Your Lie in April
Mar 10, 2022 6:39 PM
JoJo enthusiast

Dec 2020
...It was Eromanga Sensei, LOL. ^^;
The Sealing Club is back, baby!
Mar 10, 2022 9:42 PM
Jan 2015
SunAndSapphire said:
IsekaiNekko said:

and @SunAndSapphire

Yeah, I thought the main character was pretty funny, but it just didn't do it for me for whatever reason. Maybe I'll give it a rewatch somewhere down the line. Although, school anime doesn't really do nearly as much for me now that I'm out of school.

Same .. and since most good shows have school students as protagonist , i have pretty much stopped watching anime at this point. I just keep around in hunt for good ones lol

Mar 10, 2022 10:09 PM

Feb 2010
first romance anime for me was Kanon
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 10, 2022 10:10 PM
Aug 2021
Kuroni_Kuru said:
...It was Eromanga Sensei, LOL. ^^;

Yeah Eromanga-sensei Sagiri the cutest character ever
Mar 10, 2022 10:12 PM

Oct 2019
It was Your Lie in April honestly, not to mention I was sick at that time. Therefore, the feels hit way worse than I thought it would. I was coughing so much and my body just feels hot, when I watched it, it multiplied by 100 times.

Though, I'm still alive, healthy and good, but I definitely shouldn't have watch it when I was sick.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2022 3:34 AM
Apr 2021
Probably Kamisama kiss was my first romance anime.
Mar 11, 2022 12:23 PM

Jun 2020
toradora is the only one i cld stick thru
Mar 11, 2022 12:37 PM

Aug 2021
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. Ofc I remember, it was one of the first anime I've ever watched. I remember it very positevely but it was so many years ago and my taste changed a little since then.
Or maybe Sailor Moon? I've seen few episodes as a child but back then I didn't even know what anime was.

pigeons on the roof
watching a wintry landscape
always seem hungry

Mar 11, 2022 5:12 PM
Aug 2021
remiagined said:
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. Ofc I remember, it was one of the first anime I've ever watched. I remember it very positevely but it was so many years ago and my taste changed a little since then.
Or maybe Sailor Moon? I've seen few episodes as a child but back then I didn't even know what anime was.

I see many people that their first romance anime was Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo or Toradora
Mar 11, 2022 5:21 PM

Sep 2021
My first romance anime is Grisaia no Kajitsu (The Fruit of Grisaia).
Mar 12, 2022 7:49 AM

Nov 2018
Sword Art Online. It was also the first anime I watched knowing it was anime.

sos, there's a goddess
in disquise
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

36 by epidemia78 »»
2 minutes ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 2 hours ago

48 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 11 hours ago

28 by epidemia78 »»
7 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 7 hours ago

23 by Shizuna »»
9 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 3 hours ago

12 by JaniSIr »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.