Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2022 8:24 AM

Sep 2020
sarthak_dms said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
An amazing adaptation of an unnecessarily hated chapter. Floch/Jean/Yelena/Onyankopon scene was a highlight for me and I enjoyed the comedy scenes quite a bit. Definitely elevated from the source. Everyone back together was wholesome.
why was this chapter hated. I really don't know can you tell me
Because manga reader hates Avangers.
Feb 27, 2022 8:27 AM
Nov 2019
sarthak_dms said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
An amazing adaptation of an unnecessarily hated chapter. Floch/Jean/Yelena/Onyankopon scene was a highlight for me and I enjoyed the comedy scenes quite a bit. Definitely elevated from the source. Everyone back together was wholesome.

It had many cringy moments. Connie's subplot. Armin trying to commit suicide to save Connie's mother "like what the hell?!!". Annie pie scene. For context, the last time the main characters saw Annie was when she nearly slaughtered the entire survey corps in season 1, killed many civilians in Stohess district and their first meeting after that is "Bwahahaha, Annie you baka, gobbling this pie like a cow, Hahahaha!!!"

And at the end, the most iconic alliance scene and possibly the second most cringy scene in AoT "To save the world" with the avengers posing side by side with Annie and Falco "when 2 minutes ago Connie was on the verge of killing Falco".

But I have to admit that they managed to make the "Save the world" scene less cringy than in the manga... And this episode also has extremely beautiful art too....
Feb 27, 2022 8:29 AM

Oct 2020
Nycro said:
Hahaha, is that Annie who betrayed us and killed an uncountable amount of people including civilians? LMAO she's eating a pie all forgiven XD

You ONLY make alliances with your enemies. No one forgave Annie, they joined forces.

sarthak_dms said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

People think the comedy bits are more cringe than funny and they don't like how quickly they all joined together but I disagree.
Feb 27, 2022 8:33 AM
Nov 2019
sarthak_dms said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the alliance but for some reason, Isayama made their introduction to the story maybe the most cringy plot in the entire story, when it could have been executed much better than that and give us more room in order to digest this part better....
Feb 27, 2022 8:34 AM
Jan 2021
Can anyone tell me how the last scene is cringe
Feb 27, 2022 8:38 AM
Mar 2018
“Let’s save the world”. Lmao at least MAPPA has the decency to not make them pose like Avengers like in the manga. Less cringe, so 2/10 episode
Feb 27, 2022 8:41 AM
Oct 2020
Animefan13923 said:

Sounds like a Marvel quote.

Personally, I believe it was cringe and just poor dialogue because Connie and are thinking about the world as a whole. They faced oppression and they want to save the people who oppressed them.

I think something like "Let's go stop Eren." would be better because we know they want to stop Eren. But 'saving the world' seems too broad and heroic, especially for people doing it only for their families such as Connie and Annie.
Feb 27, 2022 8:44 AM

Oct 2020
PSA, for those wondering, many people find this content cringe solely because it's characters wanting to stop Chad Eren they've been dickriding. It's not cringe at all, and even if you argue it is, it is 100% done so intentionally.
Feb 27, 2022 8:49 AM
Oct 2015
I kinda get why some ppl might not enjoy connie getting all jokie with annie and such but guys this is connie lol, remember in S3 while trying to beat Bert in the middle of the battle he cracked a joke about Erens house, I guess ppl lose context when things are not fresh dk
Feb 27, 2022 8:58 AM
Apr 2020
Hange protecting Levi. Friends forever. Love their relationship.

Armin is so brave for recklessly jumping right into the mouth of Connie's titan mom. Or probably because he thought that Connie will save him. Anyway, that's an eye-opening moment for Connie.

Feb 27, 2022 9:03 AM

Feb 2020
Louise:"i'm dying..."

Mikasa:

Feb 27, 2022 9:26 AM

Oct 2021
Great Episode!! MAPPA bringing straight 8 banger episodes with consistent animation.
It was nice to see Levi again.
Finn086Feb 27, 2022 7:26 PM
Feb 27, 2022 9:31 AM
Feb 2022
This episode was amazing. I loved the final sequence. MAPPA elevating AOT once again, you love to see it.
Feb 27, 2022 9:33 AM
Nov 2019
Qwinntrell said:
This episode was amazing. I loved the final sequence. MAPPA elevating AOT once again, you love to see it.

Yeah, it was really good.

Found the Pie scene hilarious.

Also, Connie's arc was actually really good.
Feb 27, 2022 9:35 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Just came back for this episode since I wanted to have a good laugh at the inability of the author to write something even semi decent.

Garbage/10, couldn't even make me laugh.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 27, 2022 9:39 AM
Feb 2022
racers551 said:
Qwinntrell said:

Agreed, I can't wait for the next two episodes where we observe Connie's growth and his thematic relevance to the whole in group out group distinction rn.

I still can't believe they animated Annie's pie scene that way, the accelerated munching cracked me up lmao
Feb 27, 2022 9:39 AM

Feb 2021
To save the world

At least they improved on this specific frame.
Feb 27, 2022 9:41 AM

Oct 2020
Next ep looking great too. Loving the purple atmosphere.
Feb 27, 2022 9:41 AM
Nov 2019
Qwinntrell said:
racers551 said:

Agreed, I can't wait for the next two episodes where we observe Connie's growth and his thematic relevance to the whole in group out group distinction rn.

I still can't believe they animated Annie's pie scene that way, the accelerated munching cracked me up lmao

True. She was eating it like a fucking hamster. Must have been really hungry, I guess.

Though, I don't really get why people act like she's all forgiven. If anything, they're just putting aside their anger for them to have a bigger goal in the moment.

MAPPA just turned one of my least favorite parts of the manga into one of my favorite parts in the anime, just by slowing it down, and giving the chapter more time to breathe. It was pretty good.
Feb 27, 2022 9:43 AM
Feb 2022
racers551 said:
Qwinntrell said:

True. She was eating it like a fucking hamster. Must have been really hungry, I guess.

Though, I don't really get why people act like she's all forgiven. If anything, they're just putting aside their anger for them to have a bigger goal in the moment.

MAPPA just turned one of my least favorite parts of the manga into one of my favorite parts in the anime, just by slowing it down, and giving the chapter more time to breathe. It was pretty good.
I'm glad to hear that. My observation is that many complaints about the rushed build up to the formation of an alliance in the chapter this episode adapted came from how various scenes were shuffled around, which imo would be solved next episode anyway. Because 127's opening sequence fills up the gaps in 126.
Feb 27, 2022 9:46 AM
Nov 2019
I really forgot this scene of Mikasa and Louise from the manga. Omg, it was so disgusting to recall it. I mean what the hell is this? Why is she being an asshole to the one person who once viewed her as a hero and dedicated her life to be like her? The anime even elevated this feeling of disgust by showing how Mikasa was just ignoring her and continued walking as Louise was expressing her appreciation to Mikasa as her last words.... And all Mikasa thinks is: "Give me that scarf you f**king b**ch!!!"

I don't know what this is supposed to make you feel for Mikasa except... pure disgust....
Feb 27, 2022 9:47 AM
Nov 2019
Qwinntrell said:
racers551 said:

I'm glad to hear that. My observation is that many complaints about the rushed build up to the formation of an alliance in the chapter this episode adapted came from how various scenes were shuffled around, which imo would be solved next episode anyway. Because 127's opening sequence fills up the gaps in 126.

Yeah, I guess. I just really didn't like it too much because I felt like Isayama rushed 126. While I really couldn't make an alternative that was actually better, I just felt it needed more breathing room.
Feb 27, 2022 9:49 AM
Feb 2022
N0-0NE2 said:
I really forgot this scene of Mikasa and Louise from the manga. Omg, it was so disgusting to recall it. I mean what the hell is this? Why is she being an asshole to the one person who once viewed her as a hero and dedicated her life to be like her? The anime even elevated this feeling of disgust by showing how Mikasa was just ignoring her and continued walking as Louise was expressing her appreciation to Mikasa as her last words.... And all Mikasa thinks is: "Give me that scarf you f**king b**ch!!!"

I don't know what this is supposed to make you feel for Mikasa except... pure disgust....
Not this again...

Mikasa doesn't owe her anything. Louise literally took her scarf and wore it without her permission. She saw herself in Louise who blindly idolised Eren hence her disgust. Did you forget her flashback in the prison when she realises that she's been ignoring Eren's savage side this entire time?
Feb 27, 2022 9:50 AM
Feb 2022
racers551 said:
Qwinntrell said:

Yeah, I guess. I just really didn't like it too much because I felt like Isayama rushed 126. While I really couldn't make an alternative that was actually better, I just felt it needed more breathing room.
That's entirely understandable, and that's where the anime comes in to give it the justice it deserves. Thankfully some scenes were extended as a result!
Feb 27, 2022 9:53 AM
Nov 2019
Qwinntrell said:
racers551 said:

That's entirely understandable, and that's where the anime comes in to give it the justice it deserves. Thankfully some scenes were extended as a result!

Yeah,true. I really love the anime over the manga, though, and I like how isayama, according to the interview out today, is more able to be involved with the anime.
Feb 27, 2022 9:53 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Why did Connie age by 50 years when he was talking about brushing teeth?

Feb 27, 2022 9:54 AM
Feb 2022
-Kara said:
Why did Connie age by 50 years when he was talking about brushing teeth?

Connie was in a panic and tried his best to come up with a lie but then it came out so awkwardly lol. He's trying his best to put up with it.
Feb 27, 2022 9:55 AM

Oct 2020
I see people not understanding Mikasa's scene with Louise. It's not that Mikasa hates Louise or anything. What happened here is Mikasa let out her anger cause she was irritated. Why was she irritated? Cause she saw herself in Louise. The way Louise is acting towards Mikasa is the same as Mikasa acting towards Eren. Mikasa is mad at Mikasa.
Feb 27, 2022 10:03 AM
Nov 2019
SenbeiPan said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
I see people not understanding Mikasa's scene with Louise. It's not that Mikasa hates Louise or anything. What happened here is Mikasa let out her anger cause she was irritated. Why was she irritated? Cause she saw herself in Louise. The way Louise is acting towards Mikasa is the same as Mikasa acting towards Eren. Mikasa is mad at Mikasa.

Overreading at its finest

Huh? How is it over reading?
Feb 27, 2022 10:04 AM

Jul 2017
KneelBeforeMe said:
Armin almost jumping into the mouth of Connie’s mom and killing himself remains one of the stupidest moment in all of aot. Like legit dumb fuckery from Armin.

The storyboard was just as bad for this episode as it was in the manga. I was hoping MAPPA would clean it up but instead they leave it as is and we jump from scene to scene with no real flow.

That last shot is whatever. The content adapted sucked, not surprised it was the same once animated.

Not a big suprise though. Staging and shot composition have been very bland in general since MAPPA took over.

What really kills it is the fanficitonish dialogue that could only impress some cringy 14-year old.
Feb 27, 2022 10:17 AM
Jul 2020
its cool and got some funny scenes. i dont know im on which side... cant wait for the next episode!!!

and connie and falco scene, my mind accidentally thought about zenitsu and tanjiro because they got same va and i laugh eventhough its not funny... guess i cant move on on KNY.
Feb 27, 2022 10:18 AM
Feb 2022
Qwinntrell said:
N0-0NE2 said:

Not this again...

Mikasa doesn't owe her anything. Louise literally took her scarf and wore it without her permission. She saw herself in Louise who blindly idolised Eren hence her disgust. Did you forget her flashback in the prison when she realises that she's been ignoring Eren's savage side this entire time?
so you're telling me Mikasa didn't let Gabi die eventhough she's not even from Paradis and be a b***h to lousie eventhough she only adore her ? Like seriously lousie was probably in her deathbed. Can't she speak to her normally or atleast pretend to??
Feb 27, 2022 10:28 AM

Oct 2020
SenbeiPan said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Overreading at its finest

It's literally so obvious. You think the entire point of the scene is Mikasa is mad cause Louise took her scarf? lol Not only that, but every single scene between Mikasa and Louise is there to show these exact parallels.
Feb 27, 2022 10:30 AM
Feb 2022
XiongYifan said:
Qwinntrell said:
Not this again...

so you're telling me Mikasa didn't let Gabi die eventhough she's not even from Paradis and be a b***h to lousie eventhough she only adore her ? Like seriously lousie was probably in her deathbed. Can't she speak to her normally or atleast pretend to??
Mikasa. Doesn't. Owe. Her. Anything.

Are you asking Mikasa to sympathise with her stalker just because she was Eldian? Why bring up whataboutism with Gabi all of a sudden? All she was interested in was getting what was taken from her back and rightfully so. But sure, let's ignore her POV and play double standards with how others treat her instead.
Feb 27, 2022 10:32 AM

Feb 2020
Animefan13923 said:

yeah, i never got what so many fans find so cringe about it.

arguments are:"like a Marvel quote".

hm perhaps it's Trademark quote by Marvel or something.
animu007Feb 27, 2022 10:37 AM
Feb 27, 2022 10:36 AM

Jun 2021
Another great episode as usual, first we had the Yelena face >:( and now the Connie face |:) Also, it was nice to see the old squad assemble in a dramatic pose ^-^
Feb 27, 2022 10:37 AM

Feb 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:

when you mean the meme i posted...
anyway i have actually no problem with that scene in general.
and you write a interesting thing here.
this is why i say Mikasa is not soooo bad written like many people say.
Louise was a naive girl and up-looking to Mikasa.
i'm sure Mikasa was always thinking" what a foolish girl, foolish like me..."

it was still very cold of Mikasa.
Feb 27, 2022 10:39 AM

Jul 2021
Decent setup episode.
I liked:
1) Hange and Levi. I love Hange and need more of her.
2) Rooftop tension with the Yeagerists. Reminded me Eren & Pieck from last season's finale.

I didn't like:
1) Connie's Ragako excursion. It started and got wrapped up in a couple of scenes. It's probably in the manga but the editors should have cut it out. It didn't add anything to the story. Sure it gave Connie some screen time, but the show is almost over. Are they sure there is enough time to give us a good ending?
2) Annie's appearance. How did they end up sitting next to each other? Was she following them?
And then Connie laughing at her for pie. She murdered so many Scouts in the first season. It seemed like she was having fun swinging them around? And Connie is okay with her now?
And then she ditched Hitch with a note. Come on. I wish Annie had more going for her after melting.
3) I'm starting to feel like the ending is not going to be as well planned and executed as the rest of the series. Please don't let this be GoT. I can stand it being messy, but please, just stick the landing.
Feb 27, 2022 10:39 AM

Jul 2011
Armin is truly haunted by the Erwin ghost, and have some titanic balls to make that jump.

After so long slow moments of intricate storytelling, was refreshing the fast paced was, get Annie who was savoring that wonderful pie beside the group, make a off-screen plan to escape from Yeagarists.

Feb 27, 2022 10:41 AM

Oct 2020
animu007 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

when you mean the meme i posted...
anyway i have actually no problem with that scene in general.
and you write a interesting thing here.
this is why i say Mikasa is not soooo bad written like many people say.
Louise was a naive girl and up-looking to Mikasa.
i'm sure Mikasa was always thinking" what a foolish girl, foolish like me..."

it was still very cold of Mikasa.

No it wasn't your post. Anyway, yes Mikasa was cruel in that scene but it's also completely understandable. I really like that scene.
Feb 27, 2022 10:43 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
70% of the episode is irrelevant content focusing on side chara, and the 30% is related to the plot.

4 episodes left...where is the rumbling?

Hange out of nowhere knew all about the founding titan's ability...
Historia is dying...wtf eren
Feb 27, 2022 10:49 AM
Mar 2015
Too many people throwing themselves into the mouths of titans Weird watching Armin trying to be Erwin and failing
funny group we have Reinerk Annie, Falco Connie Gabi Piecke Hanje Levi and Mikasa off to save the world
Feb 27, 2022 10:49 AM

May 2020
The Annie, Connie and Armin scene was nice it feels like we haven't had much comedy in a while, I missed it.

Damn we're really getting the band back together now too, great episode can't wait for the next.
Feb 27, 2022 11:02 AM

Oct 2020
SenbeiPan said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

It's literally so obvious. You think the entire point of the scene is Mikasa is mad cause Louise took her scarf? lol Not only that, but every single scene between Mikasa and Louise is there to show these exact parallels.

Parallels without any kind of presentation are worthless at the end of the day since anyone can interpret them as they like

True but if someone looks at the scene with the interpretation I gave it could lead to a better understanding or just simply liking the scene more. That's better instead of sticking with the interpretation that leaves a sour taste in your mouth.
Feb 27, 2022 11:09 AM

Oct 2020
SenbeiPan said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

True but if someone looks at the scene with the interpretation I gave it could lead to a better understanding or just simply liking the scene more. That's better instead of sticking with the interpretation that leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

The author is the one who needs to give that interpretation with a presentation, not the audience

I do believe there is a presentation. It's just a very subtle one. Isayama was never the one to hold the reader's hand. Anyway, Isayama said in the past that everyone is free to interpret AOT however they like. He has never forced his.
Feb 27, 2022 11:10 AM
Nov 2019
XiongYifan said:
Qwinntrell said:
Not this again...

Gabi regretted her actions. Louise didn't. Not to mention, Louise kind of did things she didn't want, so I don't think Mikasa has a moral obligation to help her. She's not her.
Feb 27, 2022 11:14 AM
May 2021
who was watching armin and team while they were escaping.... I don't care about spoilers... feel free to spoil me
Feb 27, 2022 11:18 AM

Apr 2013
BlichoBoy said:
Armin is truly haunted by the Erwin ghost, and have some titanic balls to make that jump.

After so long slow moments of intricate storytelling, was refreshing the fast paced was, get Annie who was savoring that wonderful pie beside the group, make a off-screen plan to escape from Yeagarists.

I'm sorry but Erwin would never do something as stupid as what Armin just did there.
I_Am_Freeballing said:
SenbeiPan said:

The author is the one who needs to give that interpretation with a presentation, not the audience

I do believe there is a presentation. It's just a very subtle one. Isayama was never the one to hold the reader's hand. Anyway, Isayama said in the past that everyone is free to interpret AOT however they like. He has never forced his.
what great writing; find your own meaning.
Feb 27, 2022 11:20 AM

Nov 2016
Go home Connie...oh wait.

AoT chapter 126 was hella overhated. Don't get your panties in a bunch over a bit cheesiness. Muh cringe. The truly cringeworthy aspect were edgy Eren fangirls.

Great episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 27, 2022 11:21 AM

Oct 2018
Was this the most emotional anime episode ever? Wow, I'm wordless right now. Hange crying while she killed her former companions, Levi the best character ever survived a bomb with only some scar on his face, Connie realizing how asshole he was and then he got his redemption, Annie totally had sex with Hitch.
Nyannyan speech at the ending almost made me cry you know. Peak fiction
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

539 by RemusR1 »»
Apr 25, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

301 by Apreggi »»
Mar 25, 9:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.