Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 25, 2022 12:27 AM

Sep 2020
MiniFreeza said:
ZXEAN said:
That small fight scene at the end was well animated. I think this episode wasted too much time in showing kage and his mother interaction that scene doesn't contribute anything to the overall story arc. 4/5

You're saying that cause you basically got no heart. Also, you're wrong.

It contributed to the overall story arc as the "Thanks" he gave to Miranjo, healed her humanity that lied with Daida, but also added a little emotion touch by letting Kage see and talk to his mother one last time, and get comfort in knowing she's doing fine.

Now that Miranjo's not just darkness and turned the page on her sad story, she should be the key to both getting Ouken back on track (immunity lifted) and healing everyone (as we saw, she's the only one there that can heal atm as Hilling is out). We'll probably even see her smile again, as that's what Bosse wanted.

So please, don't say stupid things like this again, just think before commenting.
I am not saying that scene wasn't emotional. It was !! But I think It wasted way too much time. Moreover I really don't understand why kage's mom want his son to come to the other side. That whole scene felt a bit awkward to me.

To be honest I am not emotionally invested in this show and I don't perform any deep analysis. I just expressed my overall thought regarding this episode which is allowed I guess.

Moreover I can say the same thing to you ; Think twice before writing anything bro your AOT review is awful.
ZXEANFeb 25, 2022 12:36 AM
Feb 25, 2022 1:00 AM
Oct 2021
BarelyCreative said:
I expected Kage to powerup and cause major havoc but what happened in the episode is even better. Kage highlighting his strong resolve for Bojji's sake was super wholesome. πŸ’ͺ🏾

Interesting theme of mothers also going on in the episode despite not a single second of screentime for Queen Hiling. πŸ‘€

Poor Daida being all alone in the dark though. πŸ˜†

Yeah, pretty good job of subverting expectations there. Apparently there is someone else who can heal but hey, in the words of Harrison Ford "It ain't that kind of movie, kid". If some people want to see everyone die then they should go watch something else.
Feb 25, 2022 1:08 AM

May 2021
I will always say that the flashback on the second episode was stupid. This episode would have been great with more build up around the identity of Kage and how it develops a parallel with the mother of Miranjo. Anyways, the fight was extremely well done, it lacked impact but that was probably my own lack of engagement with the story

Feb 25, 2022 1:31 AM

Aug 2020
Really cool sakuga during the Last Bastion fight with Ouken.

I expected them to focus a bit more on the Kage powerup and I thought it was a bit weird that it didn't seem to be that significant to the plot.

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Feb 25, 2022 1:33 AM

Aug 2020
MiniFreeza said:
ZXEAN said:
That small fight scene at the end was well animated. I think this episode wasted too much time in showing kage and his mother interaction that scene doesn't contribute anything to the overall story arc. 4/5

It contributed to the overall story arc as the "Thanks" he gave to Miranjo, healed her humanity that lied with Daida, but also added a little emotion touch by letting Kage see and talk to his mother one last time, and get comfort in knowing she's doing fine.

Now that Miranjo's not just darkness and turned the page on her sad story, she should be the key to both getting Ouken back on track (immunity lifted) and healing everyone (as we saw, she's the only one there that can heal atm as Hilling is out). We'll probably even see her smile again, as that's what Bosse wanted.

So please, don't say stupid things like this again, just think before commenting.

Woah dude it's just his opinion, no need to be so aggressive about it...

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Feb 25, 2022 2:21 AM
Oct 2020
Great episodes.

Was Miranda killed and revived or was she almost dead and healed
Feb 25, 2022 3:38 AM
Sep 2021
ZXEAN said:
MiniFreeza said:

I am not saying that scene wasn't emotional. It was !! But I think It wasted way too much time. Moreover I really don't understand why kage's mom want his son to come to the other side. That whole scene felt a bit awkward to me.

To be honest I am not emotionally invested in this show and I don't perform any deep analysis. I just expressed my overall thought regarding this episode which is allowed I guess.

Moreover I can say the same thing to you ; Think twice before writing anything bro your AOT review is awful.

How in hell is her mom supposed to know he isn't fully dead ? Also, wouldn't that be a mom reaction to want her son back with her ? Were you expecting her to say something like "This is not your time, Kage, go back to your friends, they need you" ?

Well sorry to disappoint, but this show has always been realistic when dealing with emotions, and it's only natural for a parent to want their child back.

As for that scene, it took the time it took, but needed to be there.

Unless freaking Annie in the latest episode of AoT that took an awful lot of time into some "talk no jutsu" that was skippable imo (or at least, could've been shortened). My AoT score and comments will stay, cause that's how i feel about this lame season.
Feb 25, 2022 3:40 AM
Sep 2021
Eziprez said:
MiniFreeza said:

Sure, but if you don't like character development, just don't watch ? If you're just here for Sakuga, better off just watching clips on Youtube of these scenes.

I'm just getting tired of these Sakuga/Action people that are here to say "OMG this was an AMAZING fight !!", and whenever they take the time to show some development, they're complaining saying it took too much time.

Well go watch something else more action-wise then ?
Feb 25, 2022 3:43 AM
Sep 2021
DankestCurry said:
Great episodes.

Was Miranda killed and revived or was she almost dead and healed

She's probably seriously injured, but not dead, and her body is stuck in Ice under the castle.

The Demon probably took her mind from that place where Bojji/Ouken and Kage were, "the gate between life and the afterlife", and allowed her to manifest herself in that mirror. So technically, her body is not dead but almost, and her mind has been transfered to that mirror.
Feb 25, 2022 3:51 AM
Oct 2019
What a Greatness seeing The Big Four fighting together!!!

god damn how to win against Immortal Ouken???
Feb 25, 2022 3:58 AM
Oct 2019
MiniFreeza said:
Eziprez said:

Sure, but if you don't like character development, just don't watch ? If you're just here for Sakuga, better off just watching clips on Youtube of these scenes.

I'm just getting tired of these Sakuga/Action people that are here to say "OMG this was an AMAZING fight !!", and whenever they take the time to show some development, they're complaining saying it took too much time.

sorry to jump in, but i have to say this..

are you trying to gatekeeping someone from watching Anime? he can dislike something and still watching it.
Feb 25, 2022 4:02 AM
Oct 2019
Eziprez said:
MiniFreeza said:

yeah right, i see sometimes people here still can't respect someone opinion and take it personally.
Feb 25, 2022 4:38 AM

Dec 2020
those villagers are seriously sick. doing that to someone, to a CHILD and laughing it off, getting joy from it. fuckin hell no wonder bosse raged hard after that. still not on board with how miranjo ruined several peoples' lives after that thoπŸ’€πŸ’€

seeing the red demon satan thing in human form was weird lol. it being bald was kinda funny

that scene with kage and his mom. he's moved on to help with bojji.

the big four fighting ouken was super cool, love how they just forgot abt dying despa bojji lol
Feb 25, 2022 4:40 AM

Sep 2020
MiniFreeza said:
ZXEAN said:

How in hell is her mom supposed to know he isn't fully dead ? Also, wouldn't that be a mom reaction to want her son back with her ? Were you expecting her to say something like "This is not your time, Kage, go back to your friends, they need you" ?

Well sorry to disappoint, but this show has always been realistic when dealing with emotions, and it's only natural for a parent to want their child back.

As for that scene, it took the time it took, but needed to be there.

Unless freaking Annie in the latest episode of AoT that took an awful lot of time into some "talk no jutsu" that was skippable imo (or at least, could've been shortened). My AoT score and comments will stay, cause that's how i feel about this lame season.
Dude listen I respect your opinion you also try to respect other.
Feb 25, 2022 4:48 AM

Sep 2020
davidyodo24 said:
MiniFreeza said:

sorry to jump in, but i have to say this..

are you trying to gatekeeping someone from watching Anime? he can dislike something and still watching it.
For real bro this MiniFreeza dude have such a wild obsession with this anime xD he can't even handle little criticism. Moreover I didn't even said anything too offensive in the first place.
Feb 25, 2022 5:36 AM
Aug 2014
GakutoDeathGlare said:
That Kage and his Mom scene was so dumb lol, Kage's Mum shouting "Your life is over, come over here", which completely goes against what she did when she was alive, sacrificing herself so that Kage can live. I thought it had to be a mirage or something of the sort, maybe a shapeshifter thing, but then she does the complete 180 when Kage realizes he doesn't want to cross over (river styx) lol.

Lol bro u so smarts bro hehehawhaw. dis show so damb and baed. No seen yit maed any sinses. bad sho
Feb 25, 2022 7:13 AM
Apr 2021
I know I’m gonna get fried for this, but I’m bored with Ouken’s immortality. I don’t like immortal characters in general, and kinda ready for something else. Love the fight scenes though.
Feb 25, 2022 9:22 AM

May 2016
All and all good but I feel this fight is getting dragged.
Feb 25, 2022 9:33 AM

Mar 2021
TyranoTortoise said:
I know I’m gonna get fried for this, but I’m bored with Ouken’s immortality. I don’t like immortal characters in general, and kinda ready for something else. Love the fight scenes though.
Same here. Last few minutes looked great, but the whole fight with Ouken is way too long (including last few episodes), especially considering that he is immortal and we know fighting him in a traditional way is just useless. Ouken might as well be the main villain now with how much screentime this conflict gets.

Feb 25, 2022 12:31 PM

Dec 2018
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-02-25/viewer-debates-resurface-arounds-alleged-japan-korea-colonization-allegory-in-ranking-of-kings/.182948

I don't know if anyone has heard about this. What do you guys think about it?

edit: I'm not saying I agree or that people should demonize the series or the author for it. The jury is still out honestly, at first glance I honestly did not even think about it but some parallels are difficult to ignore.
Feb 25, 2022 12:39 PM
Aug 2014
Paul_Foreign said:
TyranoTortoise said:
Same here. Last few minutes looked great, but the whole fight with Ouken is way too long (including last few episodes), especially considering that he is immortal and we know fighting him in a traditional way is just useless. Ouken might as well be the main villain now with how much screentime this conflict gets.

On the contrary it shows how difficult dealing with an immortal fighter is. Some have been better matched than others but we have no winners. I like how subtly serious the show is portraying his immortality so I don't at all find it dragged out. Their only weapon really is the lightning to incapacitate him but he overcame that. There's probably another way. The reason why you feel its taking long isn't because its actually long but there's frequent and long exposure scenes on all the characters sprinkled throughout the episodes. The Ouken encountering Bojji probably are about an ep to 2 eps long if stitched together.
Feb 25, 2022 1:46 PM

Nov 2013
So, Miranjo apparently has a change of heart.
I'm starving for the devil backstory though.
Feb 25, 2022 1:57 PM

Jan 2021
All of the fights in this episode were smooth and pleasing to the eye. However I can't help but feel no urgency or care for the characters that get hurt. We're shown time and time again that they'll just get healed from whatever wounds. Kage literally got brought back to life in the same episode he died in, by Miranjo. So clearly Queen Hilling's not the only person that can heal people. Yes I know Hilling is out of magic but before the Big Four's fight with Ouken, someone mentioned there's another way to heal Bojji. I imagine that when Kage wakes up he's going to run to the new healer person and bring them to the battle to heal everyone.
Feb 25, 2022 2:00 PM

Jan 2021
LockHowl said:
Paul_Foreign said:

On the contrary it shows how difficult dealing with an immortal fighter is. Some have been better matched than others but we have no winners. I like how subtly serious the show is portraying his immortality so I don't at all find it dragged out. Their only weapon really is the lightning to incapacitate him but he overcame that. There's probably another way. The reason why you feel its taking long isn't because its actually long but there's frequent and long exposure scenes on all the characters sprinkled throughout the episodes. The Ouken encountering Bojji probably are about an ep to 2 eps long if stitched together.

Feels like everyone's immortal in this show with healing and resurrecting magic. Oh no Kage's dead, oh wait never mind.
Feb 25, 2022 2:58 PM
May 2020
so much emotion this episode, miranjo saving despa, kage and bojji from entering the other side i believe. the big four fighting against ouken which gave us some quite beautiful fighting choreography. kage talking with his mother was a touching moment for me. i am a lil confused with the kid miranjo part tho. is it refence to the twin double or something else?
Feb 25, 2022 3:42 PM

Apr 2009
Finally, a fucking good episode.

Last week it was easily the worst episode of the series, this was a return to form. I really wish the first part of Miranjo's backstory with her mom was told better, it just felt awkward and placed in a chaotic episode. In a series where everyone is shades of grey, the villagers just feel one-dimensional.

The story sadly still lacks tension, it's clear no one is going to die, all the good guys are alive and teaming up to stop Ouken, who ,sure, is immortal and strong, but also just a one guy.

At least I'm pleased to see the show will have Miranjo's confront her crime (judging by the appearance of Bojji's mother), I thought they were going to sweep it under the rug.

Feb 25, 2022 4:07 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was very good.
The part of Kage and Miranjo and also the final part with the big four vs. Ouken.
Let's see how the fight will continue.
Feb 25, 2022 6:43 PM
Aug 2014
PurpleMagic said:
LockHowl said:

Feels like everyone's immortal in this show with healing and resurrecting magic. Oh no Kage's dead, oh wait never mind.

I have not read the manga but I already know this show will have a totally happy ending with minimal or even 0 casualties. Call that a spoiler or a theory or whatever you will. Now it's up to you to watch the show for the journey, or drop it because everyone's protected by the plot. I mean this much is obvious regarding the premise and has been since the Queen fiasco. Wanting something the show/writer has already pretty much ruled out is a bit crazy. Oh well
Feb 26, 2022 2:00 AM
Jan 2010
Jin_uzuki said:
In a series where everyone is shades of grey, the villagers just feel one-dimensional.

Everyone is in the same dimension in this. They are all just good guys. Except for the villagers I guess. They are bad guys.
No stakes. They had the perfect chance to make thomas a character that stands out but then just backpedaled on it and made him like everyone else. Just another good guy.
It's pretty obvious the writer had a clear idea at first to get everyone hooked but he didn't think about where to go with it once everyone is hooked. The result is this.
Feb 26, 2022 7:30 AM

Jun 2020
Holy shit. This episode was so good. The music was phenomenal as well.
Feb 26, 2022 10:46 AM

Dec 2016
Did... did god from this episode suggested that this whole Ranking of Kings was an invention of gods to control people?
There are only 3 episodes left so I doubt they will develop and end this subplot this season.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 26, 2022 2:25 PM

Sep 2015
Damn Ouken is so brutal.

But just where did Miranjo exactly go?
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Feb 26, 2022 9:14 PM
Oct 2020
Damn. When Kage and his mum were seeing each other off, I almost cried. I love this series so much, at this rate, It might become my first 10.
Feb 26, 2022 11:52 PM
Jan 2022
After pretty underwhelming last 2 episodes, now it's back on track as great. But there's something confusing, what motivates Miranjo to help Kage? Isn't she on the same side with Ouken?
Feb 27, 2022 4:09 AM

Oct 2008
awesome pure action of the BIG FOUR!!!
5/5.

Feb 27, 2022 10:13 PM

Jul 2021
What's up with this 5min episode?

In last episode, when Kage ate Ouken I was like yup I guess they won but nope, Ouken just pierced right through Kage.

I screamed when Ouken pierced Bojji with his sword.

Now I'm not sure if Miranjo is the bad guy or the good, in the previous episodes we are shown that Miranjo was bad but recent episodes tell me otherwise. She transferred her consciousness to something else and started healing Bojji, Kage and they all went into some after life thingy. The Miranjo that was with Daida also healed and vanished?

We saw even more of the Miranjo back story and how Bosse went berserk killing villagers.

I didn't understand what was that Houma shit and human vs god shit.

Those 4 fighting Ouken was pure hype, I got fired up just watching them fight. Hated that cliffhanger, each one of them including Ouken became serious just then and the episode ended.

5/5 episode. Can't wait for next week.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 28, 2022 4:17 PM

Jan 2020
that fight was epic af
Mar 1, 2022 7:01 PM

Jul 2019
Pure emotions and absurd amount of manipulation of emotions for cheap bait. But I like it tho, lol.

-[ ~β™«~ ll Credit ]-
Mar 2, 2022 1:25 PM

Jul 2012
Damn it's shocking seeing child Miranjo like that. How can you be so heartless to, not only do that to a child but also laugh about it? It's disgusting.

This show is honestly SO good, every episode makes more and more involved with the story and characters. I love it!
Mar 2, 2022 10:20 PM
Apr 2012
This would be a great show if the story didn't bend over backwards every 3 minutes to give EVERY character a tragic past so you can *understand* why they killed all of those people
Mar 4, 2022 6:21 AM

Oct 2014
OPken back at it again
Mar 12, 2022 5:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Kage's moment on the Styx with his mother on the other side was really emotional, great storytelling
Mar 18, 2022 1:20 AM

Apr 2021
Awesome episode!!! The whole episode was really cool and full of action! I'm glad that Kage didn't cross over to the other side. And I must say, the big 4 are pretty cool too!! Hyped to see the next episode!!!
Apr 3, 2022 10:14 AM
Nov 2020
This episode nearly got to me seeing after what the people did to Mirajo with rage, Kage wanting to see his mother I became teary eye so I like to think that this is a episode dedicated to Mothers, & then got excited seeing the Big 4 fight against Ouken
Apr 8, 2022 5:16 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao Ouken's immortality is too unfair!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 9, 2022 5:20 AM

Sep 2014
sure the artstyle is simplistic but Wit GOATs so hard with the fighting animation again, really fluent and with POV shots and all
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 1, 2022 12:56 PM

Feb 2018
The whole scene of Kage crossing over to his mother was very emotional. Miranjo's & Bojji's mothers were over the other side as well.. The big 4 vs Ouken let's go!!
May 4, 2022 10:59 AM

Mar 2019
Ouken is such a cool villain. I mean, I may be a bit biased when it comes to immortality but I really do like him. I feel like he makes everything a lot more interesting.
It's also kinda cool seeing an immortal villain after watching Fumetsu no Anata e where it's the main character who is immortal.
OωO
May 19, 2022 11:17 PM

Mar 2020
Talk about epic! Great battle between Big Four and Ouken
Aug 10, 2022 9:34 PM

Oct 2017
I do feel bad for Miranjo but that doesn't justify the things she has done.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

229 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2022

223 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2022

177 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

107 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2022

118 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 7:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.