Forum Settings
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2022 8:00 PM

Jan 2009
the main characters of Soul Eater appeared in the end and we finally see Maka's mom

good ending, but i want this to be a standalone story though

"next is Soul World" aka read the sequel that is Soul Eater manga welp i already did long time ago at least
Feb 19, 2022 9:15 PM

Oct 2017
Shinra should have just accepted his harem or maybe he did? It's implied Iris is the one he married and as a guy was shipping Shinra x Iris I couldn't be happier but a harem is even better.

Anyway the timeskip was nice and next is soul world. Was a fun ride with this manga for the past few years. Now time to say goodbye.
MegamiRemMar 1, 2022 9:50 PM
Feb 20, 2022 5:21 AM
Aug 2016
As we knew since like 130 chapters, it's confirmed that Fire force is actually Soul Eater's prequel (even if i imagined a different ending, a bad one honestly). Welp i already read Soul eater a while ago so i guess i'm done here.
Feb 21, 2022 6:57 PM

Jul 2021
In the end there was Maka being told a story by her parents, the story of Fire Force! Now that Fire Force is a prequel to Soul Eater, imma rewatch Soul Eater but nonetheless this last chapter got me in tears, going to miss the franchise for sure. Looking forward to Ohkubo's next work in the future!
CQLLISTFeb 21, 2022 9:25 PM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Feb 22, 2022 11:48 AM

Nov 2011
A 25 year time skip...

I'm kinda underwhelmed by the final chapter but seeing a much older Shinra is something else. It was a fun journey boys, 6/10.
Feb 22, 2022 11:57 AM
Mar 2019
I love this series so much man and Im glad Okubo wrapped everything nicely. Definitely have to finished soul eater since I stopped where the anime started going away from the manga. Hope my guy enjoys retirement.
Feb 22, 2022 12:16 PM

Jan 2009
Inca just wants the sperm donation from Shinra but Shinra does not get it

at least Shinra x Iris ship happened although implied only

but damn where is Hibana though?
Feb 22, 2022 12:50 PM

Apr 2018
Well well, this was a crazy ride for sure. Fire force is Ohkubo's last work and he's pretty much going to retire after this. It's a great ending, one that I did not expect to turn out like this. A 25 year timeskip with the characters from Soul Eater. Well, they're their parents.

I loved FF since the beginning, the concept was interesting and the characters attracted me. Of course, the ''fanservice'' was a bit too much in some cases but it didn't bother me. A big announcement will come up soon and HOPEFULLY we'll get a third season because that's when stuff gets HEAT.

8.5/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Feb 22, 2022 12:52 PM

Dec 2020
Was it just me or did Shinra's child resemble Inca ? (so maybe she did get some seeds after all)
crispycerealFeb 22, 2022 12:55 PM
Feb 22, 2022 1:29 PM

Apr 2018
crispycereal said:
Was it just me or did Shinra's child resemble Inca ? (so maybe she did get some seeds after all)
yeah maybe she got it from licht then told shinra about it later and at that he was just like fine whatever
Feb 22, 2022 1:29 PM
Jan 2018
The Dragon vs Arthur fights made reading this manga worth it. Also, the Joker and Benimaru team up, which David Productions gave sweet, sweet justice to in the anime. If nothing else, the Dragon vs Arthur anime fight is going to be next level.

To be honest, I read this manga because of how much I love Soul Eater. As a manga, Fire Brigade of Flames is much better than Soul Eater NOT! But its not anything special, unless you count Okubo's beautiful art he busted out from time to time to show off.

To Okubo's credit, his world makes more sense than Kishimoto's, where peace is attained, but how it was attained was never shown. I can't really give too many other positives. Tamaki should just have her own manga separate from this one and the bully guy was and still is the worst. I was never happier than when he was being tortured to death before Benimaru saved him.
Feb 22, 2022 2:20 PM

Nov 2016
Sadly not able to appreciate this final chapter and the bridge to Soul Eater in it's entirety. That's what I get for not having tried Soul Eater after so many years.

The things I liked the most about Fire Force were honeslty the side characters and the anime adaption.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 22, 2022 5:38 PM

Dec 2020
This was seriously a wacky series in all. Now I'll have to sit and read Soul Eater(or maybe watch it). Man, I truly went through a lot with this series. This was one of its kind.

THANK YOU OHKUBO SENSEI!!!

Hope you will return again with another banger
FakeNekoFeb 22, 2022 5:42 PM

Feb 22, 2022 5:51 PM

Jul 2011
Now I wonder if Soul Eater will have a new version.

Was good journey.
Feb 22, 2022 6:23 PM

Feb 2022
Inca is just a waste of pages. 6/10 but with Inca wasted pages I give it -100/10. Not only she is a trash character. She's ugly af. I hope she stays a virgin until she rots
Feb 22, 2022 6:30 PM

Apr 2019
Well I haven't read Soul Eater, so I guess I'm gonna have to read that now.

Overall, I liked Fire Force. It was wacky and pretty enjoyable. The characters were pretty cool and the story wasn't too bad all things considered.
Feb 22, 2022 7:27 PM
Jun 2020
Fantastic ending. Love how it all ties together and the SE connection was very well done. Idk who else but Ohkubo could connect his two works together like this. 10/10 from me. Peak fiction if I must say
Feb 22, 2022 7:28 PM
Jun 2020
FakeNeko said:
This was seriously a wacky series in all. Now I'll have to sit and read Soul Eater(or maybe watch it). Man, I truly went through a lot with this series. This was one of its kind.

I recommend reading Soul Eater, the anime is quite good but it diverts and does it’s own thing near the end
Feb 22, 2022 8:12 PM
Jun 2019
That was a badass ending, how the world ties into soul eater making SE the next part of the story, seeing maka's mom, seeing how the world of soul eater became to be and seeing how everyone was doing afterwards just got to be the best feeling ever thanks Ohkubo
Feb 22, 2022 8:35 PM
May 2020
To be honest the story kinda lost me when the world went to crap and Shinra became a god, but the Soul Eater ending was a fun way to end this series.. I also kinda feel bad for the people who haven’t seen/read Soul Eater cause it could feel overwhelming for them.

That being said I really did like the journey of Fire Force. The world was interesting, the characters were fun, and the action was a sight to behold. Going to miss the author’s work a lot.
Feb 22, 2022 8:55 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi is now a father and the leader of the 8th His children are now old enough to sign up
This is the end and a prelude to Soul World
Feb 23, 2022 2:59 AM
Mar 2021
FakeNeko said:

I think he is retiring
Feb 23, 2022 4:54 AM

Feb 2014
So the Real world before the earth burned>Fire Force world>Soul Eater world? That's the direction. Damn we were the prequel to all of it?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 23, 2022 9:52 AM

Jul 2020
I've never been so indifferent to a manga ending as I am with Fire Force. Can't say I didn't enjoy it, but I also am not going to miss it one bit.

Btw, is Ohkubo really retiring or did he pull a sneaky on us? That "Please look forward to Ohkubo-sensei's next work!" in the last page suggest the latter...
Feb 23, 2022 9:58 AM

Jan 2009
JustAnAnimeList said:
Btw, is Ohkubo really retiring or did he pull a sneaky on us? That "Please look forward to Ohkubo-sensei's next work!" in the last page suggest the latter...

those end lines in a chapter are usually from the editors of the manga i will not take that seriously since the author himself said he will retire anyway
Feb 23, 2022 3:45 PM

Feb 2014
Guess it's finally time to read Soul Eater, but the ending wasn't as bad as i expected
I dare you to check my PTW list.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Feb 27, 2022 12:50 AM

Feb 2019
Man Fire force has been such a massive part of my life for the past few years, having it ends feels like I’m burying a part of me. I’m glad Ohkubo sensei got to end it on his own terms though. I had some concerns about the ending but for the most part it was well done. I really wish we got more hibana at the end tho… like she definitely deserved more page time than just that little mention from 303… lowkey makes it hard to give it a 10 lol
Feb 28, 2022 6:54 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
never seen a mangaka do this before, very well done by him 👏 very unique, but I might sound bad but I don't want him to retire his art is too unique it gives you that Halloween vibes which no other artist has been able to obtain expect for the guy who made hellsing and drifters I really hope stays in the game hiro Mishima is older and he is never off the pedal anyway a soul eater anime reboot by bones would be sick this time not a original end but the full story maybe after adapting fire force David studio will ask bones for the rights to adapt soul eater

Mar 4, 2022 4:55 PM

Aug 2019
That was great finale. We even get to see the mc’s from Soul eater.

Im still confused tho. Are those both his children or only the one that looks like Inca 💀

Imma be honest but I only wanted Shinra to end up with Iris and Hibana. I literally disliked Inca. She was the worst character in the entire series.
Mar 7, 2022 1:31 PM

Oct 2019
Well hmmm Idk meh I guess, the whole show turned into something else which is sad for me coz one of the most things I liked about Fire Force was the world-building. The writing wasn't the best and logic was nowhere to be seen. In the end, people got themselves a harem ending since many seemed to care about the semi-existent romance. I guess the author didn't want to confirm some of the stuff in the end on purpose so fair play to him.
Apr 4, 2022 3:32 AM
May 2021
crispycereal said:

I agree i thought the same thing
May 6, 2022 1:01 PM
Sep 2021
Whenever I think of Fire Force after today it'll probably be something along the lines of "wow. how wacky." I definitely enjoyed the hell out of it but boy did it kinda get convolutedly weird in the final 100 chapters or so. The soul eater links were cool asf to see so I'll definitely read that one of these days. Also I'd def get with inca
Jun 30, 2022 11:55 PM
Jan 2015
I shouldve seen the Soul Eater twist coming but my dumbass thought he was just using Easter eggs. Overall a pretty good series I enjoyed it, art was incredible, story was okay, had some plot holes, still enjoyed it nonetheless, 7/10
Sep 20, 2023 2:08 AM

May 2020
Damn, what an ending. Not often that a manga literally rewrites itself towards the end. It's been a long time since I read Soul Eater and I don't remember much of it, so the ending didn't have much of an impact on me but nevertheless, this was a pretty good end for the story.

I enjoyed this manga but I'll admit, I stopped caring about what happens once we entered the final 100 chapters. It's not necessarily bad after that point but it just became hard for me to take anything seriously once the Cataclysm began. Wish we got to see more of Arthur towards the end though.
Dec 11, 2023 6:25 PM

Apr 2022
welp, manga has always been underwhelming so i'm not too disappointed by this ending. haven't seen soul eater but it's been in my plans for a while, someday for sure. boring conclusion though, at least wish there was some confirmations on the romance. would've been a saving grace, 5/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Chapter 255 Discussion

Marinate1016 - Feb 18, 2021

23 by ryzxgum »»
Dec 11, 2023 6:21 PM

» How's the Ending?

CJustawaye - Oct 25, 2022

7 by SoulessAnime »»
Aug 10, 2023 8:21 PM

» Top 3 Favorite Fire Force Characters

ThomasNguyen1114 - Apr 7, 2023

4 by yuki-chan21 »»
Jun 21, 2023 4:13 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Chapter 71 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

6 by k1Aegis »»
Jun 7, 2023 8:21 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Chapter 177 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

1 by Jordan_27 »»
Apr 15, 2023 8:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.