Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Hey, How About Treason?) (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 25, 2022 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm, a friend from the academy days. It looks like we learn more about people from Wayne's past. On the other hand, Lowellmina is cute and seems to get along with Ninym. Plus, she holds the princess title under her name so she's an important character, at least by title.

I actually kinda find Lowellmina more likable than Ninym.

Jan 25, 2022 5:59 AM

Feb 2018
When the time comes, I will come to see you. Ma, the appearance of a new Heroine, it was a blonde haired girl with a black face covering, and those oppai.But the arrival of this new Heroine is quite, I mean "A marriage proposal is 1,000% a trap!" That's right, since Ninim is my favorite girl I'm not going to let that just happen. In order to strengthen the alliance with the Empire of Asuwarudo, Ninim is to receive the Imperial Princess. The princess is Rowelmina, a friend of Wayne and Ninim's from military school.

Ninim didn't even think that Rowa was a koujo-sama? Princess? idk. She was from a rural aristocrat, but she has the best bloodline of the empire. Maybe because of that factor she was able to become koujo-sama. Meeting imouto-chan then thanking you for letting me come, is this the noble's approach? Why should I lie to my best friend? Whoah, is this what the girls call shinyu... And yeah really like that hug scene.

Is that Ninim new outfit? I mean that white uniform, hmmm kawaii. Girls time, Franya tries to ask Ninim what she thinks about onii-sama's marriage. Franya thinks that Onii-sama will marry Ninim, and yeah I hope so too, Ninim x Onii-sama. Just want to say give me more bath scene zzz.

Additional lesson Franya-chwan, it's interesting because a loli girl like her interested in royal matters, I mean governor of Gairan. Ohayou Rowa-san, Did you sleep well?
Jan 25, 2022 6:41 AM

Feb 2020
Decent episode.

I like Lowellmina already. She's an interesting character.

Falanya is just too adorable.

SerafosJan 25, 2022 8:59 AM
Jan 25, 2022 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
Old memories resurface for Wein's classmates...and here comes another waifu: Lowellmina "Lowa" Earthwold which was one of his past friends at the academy, now coming up for a political marriage proposal between both Wein and Lowa.

Wein isn't wrong to say that this marriage can be a trap, because there's a lot of hidden meanings through altruism and heroism involved. The friends (minus a few) are back together with this reunion, and Lowa's true objective to seize the empire sounds very ambitious. But given standard kingdom throne proceedings, there exists an opportunity for Lowa to do whatever she wants to make her empress.

Within close comrades, Ninym's session with Falanya feels solemn over why Wein chooses Ninym over someone like Lowa. Would like to see their other friends Glen and Strang someday. Meanwhile, Falanya's tutoring session with Wein ended up being one of the political struggle while the kingdom of Natra start tracking suspicious activites.

Wein and Lowa are two peas in a pod, yet share the same ideals using different functions to achieve their goals. Would wonder how their relationship from their academy days have formed into one of deep intrigue, now in their high horse positions as prince and princess of their respective kingdoms.
Jan 25, 2022 7:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm definitely interesting to get more information in this episode regarding Wein and Ninym's past at the military school with that Lowa girls who's actually a princess, and the geopolitical aspect is getting more precise, which is promising for the next episodes
Jan 25, 2022 7:23 AM

Feb 2019
Let's hope Funimation fixes the growing desync between the subtitles/audio and the video...
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jan 25, 2022 7:33 AM

Oct 2017
So Ninym would rather die than become Wein's queen eh, not that she has the resolve to kill herself. I hope she becomes his mistress atleast then.

Wein's old advice came to bite him back after all this years. As the backstory indicated Lowa's probably trying to mix Wein into her plans. I wonder if Wein will end up helping her after all. She seems like a fun girl thou, I hope she's a recurring character.
Jan 25, 2022 7:56 AM
Sep 2015
Failed to make a character that I can root for, I'm not fond of woman, and the Prince is too cocky, too confident to my taste.
Jan 25, 2022 8:00 AM
Dec 2020
I actually must watch The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt episode 3, for today, right?
Jan 25, 2022 8:07 AM

Jul 2017
not gonna lie, I hate and like Lowellmina at the same time.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Jan 25, 2022 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
Political marriage? Hmm. But you failed. He ain't falling.
The chest's😂 Who said you can't be inside chest?
Ninym said something very saddening, that she and wein ain't marrying. But don't know because that still on future.
I respect the cameraman.😂
Jan 25, 2022 8:10 AM

Jul 2021
Hmm this episode was more on a serious side, there were still a few fun scenes so the whole epsiode didn't go full serious mode.

No OP and ED, they really wanted to set-up for what's coming next as soon as possible.

We meet Lowa this episode, she was friends with Ninym and Wein when they were still in academy. Lowa is now a princess and has visited Wein because she wishes to marry him, but that was all just made up thing to get to talk with Wein.

We are yet to find out about her real motive for sure but she wishes to throw the empire with the help of Wein and wishes to become the princess of the empire herself, now Wein doesn't believe this because he thinks she won't ask for help straight up like this.

Ninym was again really kawai in this episode, it was nice to see her comfort Falyana, Falyana really trusts and looks up to Ninym I guess. Also after what Ninym said earlier with her conversation with Falyana, I think it's safe to assume that both Wein and Ninym like each other, at least Wein does a lot, the battle scene in last episode definitely confirmed that Ninym holds a special place in his heart. Though it's really saddening that she doesn't wish to marry Wein.

Though I would like to add that I was unable to follow the info dump about Antagatal. I think it was just kind of related to the plot but still that was too much and wasn't really interesting.

Now let's see what Wein wanted to talk to Lowa about over tea. If Wein is really planning on throwing the empire and making Lowa the princess it's not gonna be easy. Looking forward to how it turns out and whether this anime goes in a more serious direction, for now it's looking like this anime is not just some half-ass kingdom related anime but is really serious with it's kingdom related plot, this anime might actually get into the conquering kingdoms and stuff.

Was a pretty enjoyable episode overall. Gonna rate this one 4/5 just coz of that Antagatal stuff lol.
TsutanaiFuunJan 25, 2022 8:14 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 25, 2022 8:49 AM

Dec 2016
At least this episode isn't filled with asspull tactics and surprise elements like being a skilled swordsman, but it's still quite a mindnumbing episode focused on just blabbermouths with very little substance in the dialogues, just witty comebacks to make Lowa look like more than your average waifu character and keep Wein in check of being the "sasuga" character that sees everything before it happens.
KimurahFeb 1, 2022 1:31 PM
Jan 25, 2022 9:12 AM

Jan 2011
I really liked this episode, setting up an atmosphere, introducing bit by bit something that came from years ago in the past up to the point of even using a no OP no ED episode.
Can´t wait for next episode.
Jan 25, 2022 10:06 AM

May 2021
Great episode!
Lowa visits for a 'marriage proposal' but actually wants Wein and Ninym's help to take the empire. Ninym when Wein described her as not having grown bigger oppai was funny xD.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 25, 2022 10:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Seeing Wein and Ninym when they were still in school was a nice throwback but to think that promise from before would strike them now of all times. Looks like their time at the academy was a frantic but ultimately fun experience for them thanks to Lowa's quirks. Sneaking past her guards really required some cunning huh. The little catchup after party though was nice. Given how much change has taken place within the kingdom im not surprised that Falanya will feel lost. Man the demands of Ninym's race sure are pretty extreme. The talk between Lowa and Ninym over their school days was cute. The king of Antgatal sure was one that picked the best moment to switch sides huh. Looks like what Wein said to Lowa back then was the spark that ended up igniting the strong desires that she harbored to change the world. Overall an excellent ep that did well to introduce a excellent new character to the series in the form of Lowa who's every bit Wein's equal in terms of intelligence and cunning. Im really curious what her true aim is though since while its possible for the alliance to be real she's going to need much more strength if she wants to become empress.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2022 10:42 AM

Sep 2021
i thought this anime would just be a mid tier isekai but shits getting real and i love it
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Jan 25, 2022 11:04 AM

Feb 2015
This is absolutely miles better than talking simulator Realist Hero. I'm baffled why that show is rated so high. I like how the MC is cocky but secretly very savvy. Looking forward to next weeks episode.
Jan 25, 2022 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
I love how Wein's sister is not a brocon and this series is officially incest-free.

The show passed the 3 episode rule and it has the potential to be put in my 7+/10.

This show turning into a harem is unlikely as we're constantly shown that the Wein and Ninym are the OTP.
Jan 25, 2022 11:16 AM
Mar 2019
In the version I watched, the subs were mis-timed :/. Good ep though. It seems like it was his ideas to start the big war, but he doesn't want to get involved.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Jan 25, 2022 11:17 AM
Nov 2021
I like how there's actually decent plotting in this anime and there aren't just easy outs like you normally see in isekai that have to do with kingdoms and nobility.
Jan 25, 2022 11:39 AM

Dec 2016
Crashmatt said:
This is absolutely miles better than talking simulator Realist Hero.

How?

They both rely on the same cheap structure of tell don't show and focus more on using famous VA that reads on a script rather than provide all the socioeconomical issues using visuals that lead other nations to war.
Jan 25, 2022 11:44 AM

Feb 2019
One of the most slept on shows of the season tbh. I think this is better than realist rebuilt the kingdom. Similar styles of shows, but different takes on it. Wein is very likeable. Ninym is beautiful, can’t really complain.
Jan 25, 2022 12:01 PM

Jul 2021
One more character was introduced and thanks to her, probably more interesting events will happen in the anime.
I think the outcome of this story will not be so simple and I believe that in the next episode they will explain more things.
asdasdsadad
Jan 25, 2022 12:08 PM

May 2020
A bit of background telling for Wein, about his days with Ninym and others back in academy. Felt like it was needed, also would be interesting to see how Wein approaches with that proposal Lowa made.

Three episodes in, and in all honesty things are looking fine till now.
Jan 25, 2022 12:56 PM

May 2018
So, could it be that Lowa is simply dragging Wein in to her scheme?
Jan 25, 2022 1:25 PM

Feb 2007
That horrible feeling when you realize that not only are you already caught in her plans, but that you were the one who told her to do exactly this in the first place. :D
Jan 25, 2022 1:43 PM

Feb 2015
Kimurah said:
Crashmatt said:
This is absolutely miles better than talking simulator Realist Hero.

How?

They both rely on the same cheap structure of tell don't show and focus more on using famous VA that reads on a script rather than provide all the socioeconomical issues using visuals that lead other nations to war.

Because the characters on this show are not personality vacuums like Realist hero. Realist hero had an entire episode on forest management and the first 3 episodes of season 2 have been people sat around talking. Its been mind numbingly boring, Genuis Price at least has a bit of action and change of pace mixed into the politics, its a more balanced show.
Jan 25, 2022 1:46 PM
Mar 2021
okay, the first episode was a mess directorially, but somehow this one is really well directed? I really expected this show to just be trash but I feel like the first episode must have been the victim of a rushed production.

the characters are really starting to come into focus, and Ninym and Wein's relationship is pretty interesting. Kind of that classic situation where they love each other but their respective stations prevent a relationship. But Ninym knows whoever Wein marries, it's her that he loves. and he's still found a way to keep her at his side.

I feel like a huge portion of Wein's motivation for wanting to ditch his kingdom is Ninym, but he masks that behind laziness and selfishness.
Jan 25, 2022 2:28 PM
Feb 2016
Gave it 3 episodes
It's not something for me
First two episodes felt like generic asspull the anime
This episode felt a little better but they just replaced asspull with a bunch of flashbacks,
I dont get any of the comedy in this,
For me it just feels dumb as f*ck,

If you like it then you do you
Dropped
Jan 25, 2022 2:39 PM

Aug 2020
This is getting so good. I am impressed for Prince Wein, he's so cool and smart. Lowa and Wein are literally two peas in one pod.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 25, 2022 3:18 PM
Jul 2021
A very talky episode but the most enjoyable so far IMO. Wein and Lowell with public smiles but both scheming and trying to find out what the other was up to made for an interesting atmosphere. Much better than than the failed "comedic" premise that the Prince desperately wants out of the responsibility at any cost.

Also I've seen several people refer to this as an Isekai but it's just a standard fantasy right?
Jan 25, 2022 3:40 PM
Dec 2020
solid episode, dont have much else to say.
some people...
Jan 25, 2022 3:47 PM

Jun 2017
Yeah Wein's old advice will probably bamboozle him and he will help somehow for sure. I bet those weird weapons were spread by Lowa.
Jan 25, 2022 4:08 PM
Dec 2021
the new girl is annoying. hope she gets ripped into pieces by raul.
Jan 25, 2022 4:47 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I liked this one more than the last episode, sure there was much less action, but that’s fine if the content itself is more interesting. I like the addition of Lowa, pulls up and wants to marry Wein lol, and she has a backstory with him too, and I found what Wein said about starting a war pretty cool. I also really like how Wein casually drops “she’s plumped up” and “did your butt get bigger?” lol, his personality is still refreshing for a fantasy anime. Now I’m wondering what’s gonna happen with Lowa next week because of the suspicious weapons ordeal.
Jan 25, 2022 5:03 PM

May 2021
Definitely a improvement over the last two episodes. Lowa is an interesting addition to the cast. Hope they don't go the harem route. Curious to see what the other two guys are like.

Jan 25, 2022 5:09 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder what are the true intentions of the princess.
Also a pretty calm episode, but i believe that we will hear soon from that neighbor kingdom xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 25, 2022 5:39 PM

Sep 2020
Wein can only blame himself and his attempts at playing the cool guy back in school for the upcoming troubles organized by Lowa.
Jan 25, 2022 5:41 PM

Jun 2021
Wow, this episode was so GOOD!

I really love this anime, all the characters are very very nice.

I wish in a future Ninym and Wein can marry and be an official couple, they love each other so much.

Lowa and Wein sister are really cute too! . This anime deserve more popularity, it is great!
Jan 25, 2022 6:03 PM

Nov 2011
I enjoyed this episode a lot. I like Wein and Ninym's antics and the chemistry they have.

I like how they have commor moments as well. Like when Wein made fun of her chest and she was about to hit him with a right cross. LOL

Like they know when to put on their Royal personas which is cool but revert back to their funny selves.

Looks like things in this episode were Spicy and we are about to turn up the spice level going forward.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 25, 2022 6:27 PM

Apr 2017
Ehh, kinda boring episode. Mostly info dump and set up for next few episodes. Most important part is probably Ninym saying she would die than marrying Wein but that's about it.
Jan 25, 2022 6:53 PM

Jul 2014
Is that what I think it is? It's that another Nao Touyama character that's not going to win? lol.

As always with Nao Touyama, I like Lowa, so I'm going to enjoy it while I can haha.
Jan 25, 2022 7:49 PM

Nov 2021
I wonder what lowa's real intention... maybe she's planning to force wein to go to war with her hmmmmmmm

neeJayJan 25, 2022 8:04 PM

Jan 25, 2022 7:59 PM

Oct 2021
Another love interest?? Please don't be a harem
Romance between Ninym & Wein is the most interesting part for me.
Jan 25, 2022 8:04 PM
Feb 2021
Thot Begun! We don't need anyone to derail our already set ship by adding unnecessary harem😭 Leaving that aside she doesn't seem clingy like other actually so I hope she is not detrimental. So, all of them studied in same school concealing their Nobel identity. That girl their friend seems to have some ulterior motive however I don't think it is that worrisome. Also stop lying Ninym, we all know you love him and glad that killing thing was joke. I was beyond happy when she said I am his heart which he only have one. That's some assertion she made there and she is not wrong though. I hope to see their relationship progression without any disruption and no harem please because Ninym and Wein are already perfect.

This anime has been fun watching with comedy being the central focus so far.
Jan 25, 2022 8:56 PM

Apr 2021
I'm happy that they added an interesting and challenging character, i was worried that the whole anime idea was MC outsmarting stupid adversaries, but it seems that Lowellmina will add something to the show.
Jan 25, 2022 9:03 PM

Apr 2008
I like this more than I expected. It's never going to be amazing between the generic fantasy anime designs and common failings writing characters that are supposed to be smarter than the author, but I like the characters. They have enough humility and compassion that I enjoy being around them even if the "genius" moments aren't that impressive.
Jan 25, 2022 10:18 PM

Jul 2021
Pretty decent so far. New character, more backstory revealed. There is a goal to achieve now so I guess the story knows which way to go. Seems like a small build up episode.
AronicsJan 25, 2022 10:25 PM
Jan 25, 2022 10:41 PM

Sep 2021
Marinate1016 said:
One of the most slept on shows of the season tbh. I think this is better than realist rebuilt the kingdom. Similar styles of shows, but different takes on it. Wein is very likeable. Ninym is beautiful, can’t really complain.

Agreed, I'm loving the way they are introducing new characters and will. Mcs are adorable.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2022

96 by 7thAkatsuki »»
Apr 11, 6:57 PM

» Barbaric actions treated as heroic ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Jan 11, 2022

55 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 1, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2022

96 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 14, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2022

31 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 10, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2022

35 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 8, 9:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.