Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Apr 28, 2022 10:58 PM

Jan 2020
I'm still trying to process what exactly happened in this episode, but damn that was so entertaining and even with my terrible vocabulary I really enjoyed this.

As someone who's barely heard AOT manga spoilers, this was a big plot twist. While not the most unpredictable (due to the fact that AOT has done these similar types of twists all throughout the series) it was still pretty shocking to say the least.

Always been a fan of shows and anime that take risks.
Although, I didn't feel like I got the full enjoyment out of this episode. Something felt slightly lacking but eh what can you do about it?
May 1, 2022 12:43 PM

Feb 2018
The whole scene of Zeke screaming turning them into Titans.. what a sick scene. Gabi shooting Eren and ofc the ending with Ymir, what an amazing episode this was!
May 23, 2022 5:38 AM

Dec 2020
Zeke just turned the tables upside down and put a uno reverse card. Poor eren, he couldn't play along just a little longer. But then how the story would be laid.
Jun 1, 2022 9:37 PM

Apr 2020
Naulii said:
TIMELINE THEORY CONFIRMED
AOE LETS GO

what this mean ??
AOE= anime original ending??
please explain
Jun 19, 2022 5:53 AM
Sep 2020
GREATEST EPISODE IN FICTION ,PEAK FICTION!!
Jul 11, 2022 5:48 AM

Jul 2017
i hate Gabi so much oh my god that bxtch needs to be tortured !!!
Jul 17, 2022 12:25 AM

Aug 2018
This is quite a serious relevation, I don't even know how to react to the whole Gabi thing and even more serious is what we saw afterwards in that place where Eren and Zeke met, I guess such a move from Zeke really outplayed everyone out there, really great and thrilling episode
Aug 27, 2022 7:32 AM
Dec 2020
This made me emotionally want to play the drums with a chicken drumstick and then soak my self in the bathtub with a toaster
Sep 10, 2022 8:26 PM

Oct 2017
I wonder why didn't Zeke just touch Eren earlier if that is all that is needed to go to the heaven.
Sep 26, 2022 8:03 AM

Jul 2013
goddamn, this episode is just goddamn

goddamn/10
Nov 22, 2022 10:58 PM
Jan 2022
me parecio perfecto
Jan 4, 2023 2:57 PM
Aug 2022
what a fucking ep, the opening freeze and zekes voice actor killed it
Jan 5, 2023 11:16 PM

Aug 2019
I cannot stress enough how my eyes just rolled and i sighed when i has to see fucking Gabi pull the trigger on the AT rifle aimed at Eren. Last episode we got like 3 minutes of her finally admitting that she was in the wrong and people of paradias were normal people with day to day life, next she pulls this shit.

Honestly this feels like a test off "how long can one bare with a stubborn character who refuses to change/compromise, along with their excuses, that will also now back tracks on their development cus they once again refuse to change?" my answer, about 4 episodes cus thats how much screen time i needed to see from her before giving up all hope she would meaningfully change and develop as a character. Her character just feels like excuse after excuse to why she's doing what she's doing. Its funny, cus she was set up to be a perfect "your actions have consequences" "you reap what you sow" character and yes she has made some, what i'd say, minor changes in her decision, i heavily believe that those changes do no justify her previous actions.
If she was written this way, then touché, you got me. Her aim of being an annoying character that double-downs on their beliefs and acts like she is right, even after saying out loud she was wrong, has clicked with me and consider me thoroughly pissed off.

Now off the subject , the twist that Eren was faking all along was good. Was foreseeable but it was obvious the author set up hints that it was a possibility. Big props to Eren for committing, likely means his old personality is still there, maybe slightly changed but he isn't the complete heartless man we've seen from the start of s4. I'd like to think he adapted to the situation, did some things that would hurt himself and those close to him but knowing its for the greater good. He planned this for God knows how long and IF old Eren is still in there, i could guess he's in a lot of emotional pain rn. 
Its not easy getting to and being public enemy number 1.

Jan 6, 2023 9:58 AM
Nov 2019
Code0018 said:
I cannot stress enough how my eyes just rolled and i sighed when i has to see fucking Gabi pull the trigger on the AT rifle aimed at Eren. Last episode we got like 3 minutes of her finally admitting that she was in the wrong and people of paradias were normal people with day to day life, next she pulls this shit.

Honestly this feels like a test off "how long can one bare with a stubborn character who refuses to change/compromise, along with their excuses, that will also now back tracks on their development cus they once again refuse to change?" my answer, about 4 episodes cus thats how much screen time i needed to see from her before giving up all hope she would meaningfully change and develop as a character. Her character just feels like excuse after excuse to why she's doing what she's doing. Its funny, cus she was set up to be a perfect "your actions have consequences" "you reap what you sow" character and yes she has made some, what i'd say, minor changes in her decision, i heavily believe that those changes do no justify her previous actions.
If she was written this way, then touché, you got me. Her aim of being an annoying character that double-downs on their beliefs and acts like she is right, even after saying out loud she was wrong, has clicked with me and consider me thoroughly pissed off.

Now off the subject , the twist that Eren was faking all along was good. Was foreseeable but it was obvious the author set up hints that it was a possibility. Big props to Eren for committing, likely means his old personality is still there, maybe slightly changed but he isn't the complete heartless man we've seen from the start of s4. I'd like to think he adapted to the situation, did some things that would hurt himself and those close to him but knowing its for the greater good. He planned this for God knows how long and IF old Eren is still in there, i could guess he's in a lot of emotional pain rn. 
Its not easy getting to and being public enemy number 1.

what are you on about "refusing to change"? Bruh, did you forget that she literally stopped colt from drawing a rifle on nile cause she understood that what happened with sasha was gonna happen again if she didn't step in? And plus, she shot Eren my guy, EREN! The usurper that invaded her country, invaded her home town, completely destroyed and killed everything and everyone she knew and loved, is the sole reason she had to shoot sasha to begin with, has become a complete menace to even his own country's politics, straight up allowed zeke to roofie the entire military and as a result accidentally drugging Falco, and literally minutes before hand saw her future love interest get turned into a titan, completely eviscerated his own brother and ate her comrade. Gee, I can't imagine why she would pick up the rifle and finally kill the very person that's the cause for every bit if her and the people she loves suffering. If she ended up killing a bystander or something (like allowing colt to kill Nile) then I'd understand your criticism of her having no development, but she didn't, she shot the main threat which was Eren. Where is this same criticism for reiner who was still currently trying to end Erens life despite understanding his predicament? For either it doesn't automatically erase the development cause eren is currently the main threat for them. She witnessed his atrocities first hand, so how in anyway does this action magically erase the development she had prior about understanding that people are people regardless of origin? If a murderer suddenly broke into your own home and slaughtered your entire family, would you show the same restraint? And even if you did, would you just magically hold 0 hatred of him because "oh every person on this planet is the same, just people"? No, cause that would make 0 sense
JJ_joseJan 6, 2023 10:03 AM
Jan 14, 2023 11:30 PM

Aug 2019
JJ_jose said:
Code0018 said:

what are you on about "refusing to change"?
Sure maybe "refusing" wasn't the correct term here and it should be more like "little change" or "stubbornly didn't want to change" would reflect her character more accurately. Take for example, an episode as recent as episode 70. There is so much dialogue from Gabi, that make it incredibly difficult to see her change as a character, and even when she does she seems to immediately retract that change.

she literally stopped colt from drawing a rifle on nile cause she understood that what happened with sasha was gonna happen again if she didn't step in?
completely destroyed and killed everything and everyone she knew and loved
If we are both watching the same show, then you know this is an over dramatic statement because Eren did not do what you just mentioned with his initial attack on Liberio.

and literally minutes before hand saw her future love interest get turned into a titan, completely eviscerated his own brother and ate her comrade. Gee, I can't imagine why she would pick up the rifle and finally kill the very person that's the cause for every bit if her and the people she loves suffering.
Where is this same criticism for reiner who was still currently trying to end Erens life despite understanding his predicament?

She witnessed his atrocities first hand, so how in anyway does this action magically erase the development she had prior about understanding that people are people regardless of origin?
Yes she witnessed his atrocities first hand at Liverio, so what can she do? Learn, question, that's how she can meaningfully change (in my opinion), thats how Eren changed. He was always motivated on learning about the titans and next his enemies. Killing Sasha wasn't going to answer any of her question, and most certainly wasn't going to solve anything.

"If a murderer suddenly broke into your own home and slaughtered your entire family would you show the same restraint? And even if you did, would you just magically hold 0 hatred of him because "oh every person on this planet is the same, just people"? No, cause that would make 0 sense""
This analogy just baffles me. From my understanding of you're question, you are trying to compare a nonsensical intruder with a sole intention of home invasion and murder against a family that has done nothing wrong, to a scenario in a fictional piece of work that we've been following for 4 season now that has also explained many times the "what's" and "whys" to why said murderer is doing what he is doing.
" would you show the same restraint? And even if you did, would you just magically hold 0 hatred of him because "oh every person on this planet is the same, just people"? No, cause that would make 0 sense"
Jan 29, 2023 12:40 PM

Jul 2008
Wasn't gonna bother with the anime after the manga, but glad I did. The time freeze sequence was amazing, animation and art direction has been so good.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Mar 29, 2023 12:10 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
faze gabi missed the headshot- rather, decapitated the whole freaking head. I was wondering why that sniper was so powerful, then realized, oh, that was the anti-TITAN rifle that Colt was carrying

Eren in the paths be like: SIKE U THOUGHT
But then Zeke pulls our uno reverse card
I like how they show the scene of Eren and Zeke meeting in Liberio again, but this time they show a little extra: of Eren dropping the ball. Hmm, he may not be completely on board with the euthanasia plan. How was Zeke able to overcome the vow renouncing war? I have no idea, I didn't catch it it. The reason just seems to be: "because". Maybe he just learned a lot while in the paths for countless 'years', or maybe the vow was just a bunch of words, never really having any affect. Whatever it is, at least Zeke was smart to test Eren first, as we see Eren actually doesn't want to go with Zeke's plan. The thing is, is Zeke in control now? He quite literally has Eren in chains. And yet, Eren still has the founding titan, so Zeke can't actually do anything. I'm guessing the trip they take down memory lane in the next episode is to convince Eren to go along with his plan. Because ultimately, Zeke can only get the job done if Eren is on board. I'm assuming he can't FORCE Eren to command Ymir to euthanize the Eldians, can he?

I thought the title "two brothers" was just for Eren and Zeke, but then I realized, wait there's more. There's Colt (RIP) and Falco (RIP, for now), there's also Marcel (late RIP), and Galliard (RIP). All brothers looking after their younger brothers, Galliard acting as the older brother to Falco by offering himself up for him. Also amidst all these RIP's, RIP to Nile man. At least he went out having done a good deed of allowing Falco to escape.

Next 2 episodes are gonna be some peak stuff.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 11, 2023 8:56 PM
Apr 2021
HOly SHI!!!! EREN IS GOOD AFTER ALL!
FFS Does Gabi not learn a single thing? Why tf is she still killing?
JUST RETIRE ALREADY!!! 
I cannot stand Gabi. 
Eren please talk some sense into Zeke.
cloudamorApr 11, 2023 9:00 PM
Apr 20, 2023 1:31 AM

Sep 2019
I have a crazy theory like this: Is Historia's soon-to-be child really the offspring of the Queen's childhood friend? If this was Eren's child, I would cry with joy. I will support Eren unconditionally lol
Based on the ED part, we can see that Eren will have a classic redemption, ie a hero who is ready to sacrifice and carry the burden to plunge into the ground. Maybe so.
Begin.
Music with drums is really too exciting.
Galliard is really the character with the least sympathy, I think I wouldn't put him at the top of the list of characters I don't want them in danger.
Galliard has let Ymir down, he should run away!
Oh Pieck has turned into a titan again.
C'mon let's see how good you are Floch.
Armin please don't hurt Pieck.
I don't understand why Mikasa and the others are participating in this battle, they would be in danger of their lives so easily
Armin with a rifle on his back looks cool, who will he shoot?
What is the hell Yelena doing? Self-possessed Yoga-style?
Seeing Reiner like that, I don't want Galliard to die either.
Yo why can a touch of Reiner bring up Marcel's memories? By Eren?
No Zeke No, don't scream! Will all horse riders turn into titans? Also Falco?
Wow Eren wants to save Falco! Wow Eren is a good person, I told you.
Fortunately, Colt came, what a drama.
All reunited in one place lol
Damn Zeke you evil! It's better to run in the first place. Go to the traitor begging for mercy? Wrong way
These two brothers are just too naive.
Colt! Where's your gun? Shoot Zeke now!
Poor Falco, I'm in love with the Falco-Gabi couple. That's too much, Zeke. He doesn't even care about Eren.
The high ranking soldiers in Shiganshina including Nile should have run away.
Oh No My Man Pixis!!! No! I forgot. No
RIP My man Pixis, RIP Nile, RIP Colt, RIP Falco, so Falco got a little bit of that thing in his mouth and suffered this, damn
Welcome back, Shiganshina year 845
Man, Falco looks like a creepy doll, F_ you Zeke.
Meh~ Floch is a coward
Armin, No! Honestly, my heart is splitted.
Please don't die.
No Reiner, No don't kill yourself like that. Yo Reiner wants Falco... Oh yea but so sad
Porco wants Reiner to be indebted to him? But Reiner is already tired, don't you know Porco? No!
Either way, Falco will still be alive. RIP Galliard.
Looks like Eren will be able to touch Zeke, not sure what will happen.
The fact that the Armin group helped Eren and Zeke was really weird.
Don't shoot, Gabi, I don't want anyone to die.
This Key-change ep is so damn good
NO! WHAT IS THE..? Gabi shot Eren's head off? Yo it's too much for this ep!
YO... I need a second... to rest
Hope I'm wrong, there's some way to bring Eren back to life, I want Gabi to shoot Zeke.
So Gabi, you killed two of the main characters, yo... would Udo and Zofia have fun? Ridiculous.
Flashback again. Wow everything is so weird, what's goin on?
So weird
I love this slo-mo, something is about to happen... I can't believe Eren died so easily.
Wow it's so so... I don't know what to say
So scary, Ymir Fritz is that you?
A tree in the previous part ED.
Wow this is amazing. I think behind this story there are many hidden messages about life and the universe.
Yo this is Eren's power, lol Eren will say something beautiful, I believe so, good bye Zeke's dream.
YESSS I knew it. Damn good Bravo Eren! You're my hero.
Wait, this is like the genie in Alladin, I'm pausing here, let me guess what Eren will say to Ymir, maybe "Heal all the Eldians that are injured and revive the Eldians that have died or something", all I want now is for Levi and Annie to come back to life, and Reiner and Eren to become best friends who will live together until old age.
Boo Yea Eren! I got goosebumps. Wait, does anyone feel sorry for Ymir? She is here forever as a captive, and even exploited for labor. "Ymir, you're free now" yea my wish
No... wtf Zeke you're wrong, that's because Carla, Eren's mother, she's also a hero.
Damn F_ you Zeke you're truly villain
How does Zeke neutralize The First King's will? Because he's not in the walls? Impossible.
Eren was taken advantage of by Zeke.
Zeke said he had a terrible father, I think I understand, but Zeke doesn't have to put those hatreds on the other Eldians. So is he imitating his father?
I thought Yelena would be the main villian lol
At least I was relieved when Eren returned to the good side.
Apr 24, 2023 10:56 PM

Apr 2021
Wow this episode was crazy. Like insane. What is even going on. It’s making me lose my head. Get it?

Apr 27, 2023 3:09 PM
Aug 2022
I swear to god Galliard doesn't know how to fight, lmfao, he goes and bites the leg of a walking giant with complete limbs like an idiotic stray cat, lol.
Well duuh nitwit, you gonna get crushed. Marley could have managed to shoot that asshole Eren with that walking speed anyway.
May 2, 2023 1:37 PM

Nov 2010
Yeah, Armin was right. Eren was just playing along. I was almost disappointed. Thankfully that twist happened!
Is the Euthanasia plan still happening? I want it to happen. Zeke is so right with everything he says. It's the same thing in Code Geass. Lelouch could've helped Charles unite everyone, and that ended everyone's suffering forever during the events on the Sword of Akasia. Instead, he went for the typical decision of letting humans live and decide for themselves, and now, in the sequel, we see that everything is in chaos again. Wars and people are suffering all over again. The cycle never ends.
May 27, 2023 9:22 AM

Aug 2019
I'll be honest I was not expecting that ending. I fully believed Eren was going to kill off his race, although him trying to stop Zeke did make me think he might try something, but I wasn't sure. Either way, it looks like Zeke is going ahead with his own plans, trapping Eren in whatever that place was and forcing him to help.

Also rip Pyxis, Erwin's friend, and pretty much all of the military
Jul 10, 2023 2:18 PM
Apr 2023
Episode was incredible as always, this show doesnt ever disappoint me <3

Even though Ive been wanting Galliard out of the picture I kinda felt bad when he did die… I have to give him credit though he went out like a G. BUT the military and Falco turning into titans made me SICK!!!!!! But thats just part of watching AOT lol.

There isnt a lot to criticise about this show but at this point Gabi’s tremendous luck is getting old. How she managed to land a headshot on that soldier outside the blimp (who was flying around mind you), land a killing shot perfectly on Sasha and now somehow lob ERENS HEAD OFF RIGHT AT THE NECK with a super high powered weapon is kind of…… where did she even get the time to set that thing up? Colt was carrying it on his back I guess so it cant be too heavy but seriously? Gabi somehow had the time and the amazing skill to shoot him perfectly? I would believe it if it was Levi since hes been doing this his whole life but Gabi is only a little girl.

I say this but im really not mad about it because it moved the plot along and honestly its one of very few things Ive ever really side eyed in the show. There is way more good to this story than bad to be focusing on the little stuff :)

Mikasa ate btw.
Jul 11, 2023 4:50 PM
Jul 2023
🧣 The GOAT 🕊️
Aug 2, 2023 6:06 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Aug 26, 2023 3:51 PM
Aug 2023
Perferct. Must be a number 1 anime.
Sep 20, 2023 6:52 AM
May 2021
zeke and eren got that family ties with eren dying!!! and zeke screaming turning falco into a titan crazy good episode
Oct 23, 2023 10:36 PM

Oct 2019
So Armin was right after all. Eren was playing Zeke and Yelena. But his will did not matter in the end.
He thought he could use Zeke as the key but he was the key himself.

Assuming Zeke revives him via Ymir and Eren ate him would that provide him with Royal blood? Probably not, as that didn't work with his father either.

He would need to have 'inherent' Royal blood, like Zeke.
But if he did he would have been bound by the 'non war' pledge of the Royals. Same if Zeke ate him.
Oct 29, 2023 1:31 PM
Jan 2023
This final season is going insaneeeeeee
Nov 4, 2023 7:14 PM
Sep 2022
This episode felt like 40 minutes, in a good way.

Speaking of the battle, I have no idea what will happen next. The Marleyans think they have achieved their goal, but Eren has actually made contact with Zeke. And they cannot just stop fighting.

I have to quote Zeke's play. The guy was just waiting for Eren to reveal his true intentions to make everything happen. I just think Zeke is out of his mind if he thinks he can convince Eren to stop the Eldians from reproducing. He will probably lose his power trying to "save" Eren.
Nov 4, 2023 10:05 PM
Apr 2023
Ahh I’m hater of aot
Nov 5, 2023 8:35 AM
May 2023
Excellent episode, I didn't expect Gabi to use the anti-titan rifle and good twist Zeke, he managed to destroy the war renunciation pact and didn't completely trust Eren. So Eren never agreed to the plan and what will his be? The real Ymir, a girl with incredible power and a slave to royalty. Goodbye Galliard, thank you for saving Falco and F for the members who consumed the wine
Nov 10, 2023 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
Eren actually faking all along albeit predictable it was a good twist, even more so of how Zeke managed to make Eren reveal he betrayed him.
But man ... to commit the way he did, the amount of death ... he must be completely broken inside.

I love the connection the show makes of older brothers wanting to take care of their younger brothers, in that way it's similar to making a better future with the help of the past.
Learning from our mistakes and not repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Crazy episode.
Nov 30, 2023 6:15 PM

Nov 2023
Lezzgo, also the foudning titan realm looks so amazing it's like heaven
Dec 24, 2023 8:46 AM

Jun 2017
Good God! I was so shocked when Gabi shot off Eren's head! I gotta hand it to her this time! She has guts.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Mar 24, 1:58 AM
Jul 2023
INSANEEEEEE ONE OF THE BEST WRITTEN EPISODES
- Zeke does the Roar…. RIP Pixis
- Colt is dead…. Damn it
- PORCO IS AMAZING FOR THAT I LOVE HIMMMM. I would have preferred him alive rather than Falco though. Seriously, what use was doing that in the grand scheme of things? All he did was give it to a less experienced user
- That shot of Eren running to Zeke was amazing! PEAK mappa camera work
- NEVERMIND OMGGG THE ANIMATION WHEN EREN WAS ENTERING THE PATH WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZINGGGG
- The paths look great too!
- LMAO ZEKE REALLY PLAYED THE UNO REVERSE
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

539 by RemusR1 »»
Apr 25, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

301 by Apreggi »»
Mar 25, 9:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.