Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 14, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
More gun based action. This honestly feels like watching an action based game than an anime at some points. Then again, it was based off of one..

We do also get more action from the other cast members besides the main crew. One problem I do have so far is the amount of characters making it hard to follow almost everyone. Gentiane has that leadership role type though. It seems they may also be some ominous building up this episode.
Jan 14, 2022 8:59 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good and action-packed episode again. Our cute moe androids are fighting so hard.

RIP Scarecrow. :(

MP5 is so adorable.

SerafosJan 16, 2022 2:59 AM
Jan 14, 2022 9:37 AM

Jun 2015
This episode was much better paced than episode 1 but the action is still pretty lackluster. A shame tbh cus I want more people to get into GFL. I get that GFL doesn't have compelling story at the start but they could at least make the action interesting. The camera just focuses on the guns shooting mostly.
Jan 14, 2022 9:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to finally see Kalina animated as well as see an original commander take to the role as well instead of being an unseen presence. Looks like they're using the original seiyuu's already assigned to the game which is nice. A commander that cares about their men is one that's always welcome on the field. Thats quite the unique way to deploy the dummies though. Even though they're dolls doesn't mean that they should be seen as disposable. Scarecrow's ego walked her right into an ambush for the so called inferior forces. Still it was a mistake to let her talk so much though. But overall this battle proved to be a good baptism of fire for the commander. On the field the enemy will not show mercy or fight fairly as per the laws of war. Overall an interesting ep that while doing well in introducing formally the commander also did well to introduce Griffin, Heliana and the T dolls as well as how different Sangvis is compared to them. Pacing this time i felt was better as well that allowed some nice expansion on the cast.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2022 9:48 AM

Jul 2017
I don't really care all that for the military names (as such with the Azur Lane feelings, of which this feels like one), but some characters in focus would be good.

Such as the case with new recruit Commander Gentiane to add to Griffin's group to fend off more of Sangvis's forces, and the T-Dolls are back in action on the battlefield, only that Gentiane takes full control of Griffin's forces and acts like a true taskforce commander to a presentable welcome from the rest.

If Griffin has capable T-Dolls, then Sangvis has High-End Model Scarecrows, the unit equalizer.

Still quite decent, though I'm feeling more ominous about the sequence of events going forward, especially now that Sangvis has initiated their target on M4A1.
Jan 14, 2022 9:56 AM

Apr 2011
That was pretty bad. Good I didn't have high expectation in first place. Now I am going daily dose of game and enjoy heck of it.
Jan 14, 2022 10:14 AM

Jul 2011
The Scarecrow unit was cute. And Griffin could really use of Sangvis dolls durability.

That's smart, having a self-destruct mechanism
Jan 14, 2022 10:29 AM

Nov 2015
Before anyone start to bash the manga harshly for this episode, 95-99% of this episode are not in the manga! They basically just mixed the manga with the game story to create the anime lol. We might see more mixed manga x game episode in the future and I hope they can mix it decently at bare minimum.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Well, I just want to say that maybe this is the reason why the manga artist Ling (or MIHARU) decided to skip the entire tutorial part lol.

Also, is it just my feeling or they might replace Genti adjutant with MP5? I'm not complaining though.

As for me, this episode is not bad, but I kind of expected them to do something better. Maybe I should drop my expectation more lower? But, If they decided to adapt 1 chapter/episode (including campaign), RIP.
Jan 14, 2022 10:33 AM
Jan 2022
Basically the similar pattern with last week : Command for girls to go to enemy's base, Sangvis troops came out and easily destroyed, Sangvis commander came out of nowhere, the commander flexing her abilities therefore T-Dolls faced hardships, plan B told for a few minutes, T-Dolls surround that commander, successfully defeated Sangvis commander completely. What's different here are just there was short training for Gentiane and some of those T-Dolls gave Gentiane a present for completing the training session.

Still can't find any "dark" thing that some game players or manga readers ever told.
Ardi8Jan 14, 2022 10:38 AM
Jan 14, 2022 10:39 AM

Jul 2021
The OP and ED are really awesome, they have this cinematic feel to them, I like it. Both are bangers.

Man I have no idea what is happening and why is it happening. They didn't even show us the main 4 characters this episode. People are saying it gets better later on, I really hope it does. Just kawai dolls are not enough to keep me interested in this anime at this point, 1 or 2 more episodes and then I may drop this. Also the episode felt terribly long for some reason, didn't feel like 20 minutes at all. All action was based around guns and gun action isn't very thrilling.

3/5 episode. Looking forward to next episode in the hope that its better than this one.

Stark700 said:
One problem I do have so far is the amount of characters making it hard to follow almost everyone.
^This and their names based off of guns is not helping much either, they are just making it even harder for us to follow.
TsutanaiFuunJan 14, 2022 10:45 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 14, 2022 10:42 AM

Jun 2020
Episode was okay at best... I'll keep watching for these bangers of an OP, ED and OST tho!

『歌』
◁  ❚❚  ▷
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Jan 14, 2022 10:51 AM

Nov 2015
Ardi8 said:
Still can't find any "dark" thing that some game players or manga readers ever told.

We will only get that "dark" thing maybe near the end lol. If they go with 1 chapter/episode, medium "dark" thing in episode 7 and high medium "dark" thing in episode 8. All of the best "dark" thing can't be adapted in the limited 12 episodes slot lol.
Jan 14, 2022 11:10 AM

Nov 2015
TsutanaiFuun said:
People are saying it gets better later on, I really hope it does. Just kawai dolls are not enough to keep me interested in this anime at this point, 1 or 2 more episodes and then I may drop this. Also the episode felt terribly long for some reason, didn't feel like 20 minutes at all. All action was based around guns and gun action isn't very thrilling.

The better part will be adapted near the end around episode 9-12. But the best part can't be adapted in this 12 episodes slot.

As for the characters, just remember the main 4 and the commander. The rest are just extra characters with limited screentime to be bothered by anime-only.
Jan 14, 2022 11:13 AM

Nov 2015
Stark700 said:
One problem I do have so far is the amount of characters making it hard to follow almost everyone.

I suggest to just focus on the commander and the main 4, you can ignore the rest.
Jan 14, 2022 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
Even if I enjoyed last week, I will say that this week was certainly better than the last week's episode. This week felt more focused on more important characters in a more enhanced detail, but while also at the end setting up an interesting plot device, and gets the watcher hooked on the upcoming episode. Which is well done for them honestly. While the action is pretty ok for anime standards, but certainly really enjoyed this week's ep.
Jan 14, 2022 12:02 PM

Jan 2013
Close to being unwatchable. PPS magically swaps her firearm to UMP45 between frames which doesnt have sense plot-wise. We have a close up of mp5 firing her weapon where bolt doesnt move.
Choreography of gun fighting in this ep was just girls standing in an open field and shooting.
Ive been playing GFL since august 2019 and I knew that anime adaptation of non-canon doujin is doomed to fail but Jesus Christ.
Game developer wasnt even supervising this shitfest....
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Asdedix147&sclick=1]
Jan 14, 2022 12:47 PM

Apr 2018
It was more interesting than the previous episode.
Jan 14, 2022 12:50 PM

Mar 2008
A nice episode, covering as much as i expected. The fight against Scarecrow ended too fast, she’s super weak at that time but still… At least she delivered her lines so it’s good. Granted we see many SF ringleaders in the opening, is it confirmed to be only 12 episodes?
Jan 14, 2022 12:58 PM
Jul 2014
Again I'm left with the impression that this was just okay. It's not bad, but it's certainly not going to win any awards either.

Combat choreography is still lacking, and there's no energy to the scenes. This is particularly obvious during Gentiane's first combat outing. The T-dolls move slowly, slowly even for a normal human, and this is particularly noticeable with P7 (the girl in the nun outfit), who slowly climbs up the stairs. Contrast this anime with other anime with gunfighting, such as SAO's GGO chapter and GGO itself, Uppote! (which is the same concept of guns as girls), Black Lagoon, Gunslinger Girl or Trigun.
There's no sense that these characters are anything beyond human, no reason to see why armies would favor robotic infantry over standard human infantry other than raw disposability.

The fight versus Scarecrow upped the ante a little, but not by much. Unless you're a fan of the source game, you're not given a reason to care about the dolls much and Gentiane's response to losing T-Dolls seems blown way out of proportion. She's not a particularly endearing character, and comes off as somewhat lazy.

Will continue to stick with this, but the manga does it better. At least we get to see Scarecrow with her mask off, but why is she speaking Italian when Sangvis Ferri is a Bulgarian company?

Did WB of Japan really think "well, Sangvis Ferri" is latin, sooo....."

Sound effects for Scarecrow's plasma pods are also painfully budget.
firemagnetJan 14, 2022 1:17 PM
Jan 14, 2022 1:02 PM
Mar 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:
Man I have no idea what is happening and why is it happening. They didn't even show us the main 4 characters this episode. People are saying it gets better later on, I really hope it does. Just kawai dolls are not enough to keep me interested in this anime at this point, 1 or 2 more episodes and then I may drop this. Also the episode felt terribly long for some reason, didn't feel like 20 minutes at all. All action was based around guns and gun action isn't very thrilling.

Stark700 said:
^This and their names based off of guns is not helping much either, they are just making it even harder for us to follow.

It won't surprise me if you drop it, even the mobile game is boring in the first half of the story (which sadly will be the part featured in the anime). You will also need to read a bit about the world's lore to understand what's going on, so I'll help you out with a summary of all the lore (without spoilers):

G&K (griffin and kryuger) - is a private military company hired by the Russian government (in this universe instead of Federal Russia there is the "Neo-Soviet Union" but I'll refer to it as Russia for simplicity).
1. Gentiane - the Commander: In the Anime she is the newly appointed commander for the sector in which the action takes place. In the mobile game, the Commander is canonically a guy, but in the anime, we have Gentiane aka the "Shikikan" to evade any romance plot. It is worth noting that her personality is a bit different than the in-game commander's.
2. Kalina - logistics officer, she is the commander's adjutant and keeps the base running as well as, a steady supply for the t-dolls.
3. Helianthus/ Helian - Your Boss/ Gentiane's Boss. She's like a department Chief and Gentiane is her subordinate.
4. Berezovich Kryuger - Big Boss- I mean the guy who owns G&K, he is the founder. He also has ties with the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs, that's why G&K deals with Sangvis Ferri problem instead of the Russian army.

T-Dolls - a Doll is an android made for civilian use (that's why they are girls), like any product, they have different models, each model looks like a different girl. G&K bought a bunch of Doll models and adjusted them for military purposes (Tactical dolls/T-Dolls). They are like cheap disposable soldiers. And because they are cheap disposable soldiers they don't even have a name, so each model is given the name of a gun, to represent the weapon specialization. In short, T-Dolls are non-essential characters so don't try to remember them.

The only T-Dolls that you need to remember are:
M4a1 (on short M4)
M4 sopmod2 (on short Soppo or Sopmod)
ST AR15 (on short STAR)
M16a1 (on short M16)
These Dolls are the last generation of T-Dolls and they are very special, especially m4a1 (I won't go into details since I would spoil the story). They are also called "Anti-Rain team".

Sangvis Ferri - They are a rouge AI force inside Russia. They are like the less powerful Terminator. the AI in control of SF has created what's called "the ringleaders".
The Commander Ringleaders are:
Agent
Gager
Intruder
The Defense Ringleaders are:
Dreamer
Judge
The Combat Ringleaders are:
Executioner
Hunter
Destroyer
Architect
Ouroboros
The Reconnaissance Ringleader is:
Scarecrow
The Special Ops Ringleaders is:
Alchemist

Most likely you will see most if not all of these Ringleaders in the anime if you watch it till the end. If not You have seen Agent (1st episode) and Scarecrow (2nd episode) and probably you will see pretty soon Executioner and maybe Intruder as well.
Besides this, there is no character worth remembering from SF.

I can be pretty intimidating for people that haven't played GFL, but here is a full list of all the T-Dolls that you might see in the show.
https://gamepress.gg/girlsfrontline/t-dolls-list
https://iopwiki.com/wiki/Tactical_Doll

There's a lot of lore to explain/cover for this anime, also the anime covers the most boring part of the story so I encourage you to watch the game story instead (is like a visual novel, you can find it on youtube)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpZrS06BM-g&list=PLTpD-lAtY-jDOGHA0DpNeE4KRPpotoRIX&index=1
Jan 14, 2022 1:22 PM
Mar 2021
Ardi8 said:

All the SKK be like:

Jan 14, 2022 1:34 PM
May 2017
Alokr said:
TsutanaiFuun said:

It won't surprise me if you drop it, even the mobile game is boring in the first half of the story (which sadly will be the part featured in the anime). You will also need to read a bit about the world's lore to understand what's going on, so I'll help you out with a summary of all the lore (without spoilers):

G&K (griffin and kryuger) - is a private military company hired by the Russian government (in this universe instead of Federal Russia there is the "Neo-Soviet Union" but I'll refer to it as Russia for simplicity).
1. Gentiane - the Commander: In the Anime she is the newly appointed commander for the sector in which the action takes place. In the mobile game, the Commander is canonically a guy, but in the anime, we have Gentiane aka the "Shikikan" to evade any romance plot. It is worth noting that her personality is a bit different than the in-game commander's.
2. Kalina - logistics officer, she is the commander's adjutant and keeps the base running as well as, a steady supply for the t-dolls.
3. Helianthus/ Helian - Your Boss/ Gentiane's Boss. She's like a department Chief and Gentiane is her subordinate.
4. Berezovich Kryuger - Big Boss- I mean the guy who owns G&K, he is the founder. He also has ties with the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs, that's why G&K deals with Sangvis Ferri problem instead of the Russian army.

T-Dolls - a Doll is an android made for civilian use (that's why they are girls), like any product, they have different models, each model looks like a different girl. G&K bought a bunch of Doll models and adjusted them for military purposes (Tactical dolls/T-Dolls). They are like cheap disposable soldiers. And because they are cheap disposable soldiers they don't even have a name, so each model is given the name of a gun, to represent the weapon specialization. In short, T-Dolls are non-essential characters so don't try to remember them.

M4a1 (on short M4)
ST AR15 (on short STAR)
M16a1 (on short M16)
These Dolls are the last generation of T-Dolls and they are very special, especially m4a1 (I won't go into details since I would spoil the story). They are also called "Anti-Rain team".

Sangvis Ferri - They are a rouge AI force inside Russia. They are like the less powerful Terminator. the AI in control of SF has created what's called "the ringleaders".
Agent
Gager
Intruder
Dreamer
Judge
Executioner
Hunter
Destroyer
Architect
Ouroboros
Scarecrow
Alchemist

Most likely you will see most if not all of these Ringleaders in the anime if you watch it till the end. If not You have seen Agent (1st episode) and Scarecrow (2nd episode) and probably you will see pretty soon Executioner and maybe Intruder as well.

I can be pretty intimidating for people that haven't played GFL, but here is a full list of all the T-Dolls that you might see in the show.

There's a lot of lore to explain/cover for this anime, also the anime covers the most boring part of the story so I encourage you to watch the game story instead (is like a visual novel, you can find it on youtube)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpZrS06BM-g&list=PLTpD-lAtY-jDOGHA0DpNeE4KRPpotoRIX&index=1

Commander was never canonical male, it can be either male or female in the game, i think that was some translation issues in which they put in most male pronouns and nicknames to the commander in the global servers (yes, there are some dolls that refer to the commander as male gender) In Chinese in most cases neutral pronouns and nicknames are used to refer to the commander. This is also made clear in the game Girls Frontline 2 where you are given the option again to choose the gender of the commander.

Gentiane is the commander of the Manga, and this anime is taking many elements from that adaptation, I don't think it was created to avoid "romance", since with this you could also go to the other spectrum and create a yuri bait type manga/anime . Her personality is the lazy genius type, where in the game i dont have that impression of the commander behaves like that, heck sometimes he/she behaves like a shounen protagonist (from what i have seen in the events in the game)

Personally, I hope the anime fix her personality a bit, since sometimes she feels like that im watching someone doing a let's play of the game instead of someone living in the story
Jan 14, 2022 2:22 PM
Mar 2021
Contreras1991 said:
Alokr said:

M4a1 (on short M4)
ST AR15 (on short STAR)
M16a1 (on short M16)

Agent
Gager
Intruder
Dreamer
Judge
Executioner
Hunter
Destroyer
Architect
Ouroboros
Scarecrow
Alchemist

Commander was never canonical male, it can be either male or female in the game, i think that was some translation issues in which they put in most male pronouns and nicknames to the commander in the global servers (yes, there are some dolls that refer to the commander as male gender) In Chinese in most cases neutral pronouns and nicknames are used to refer to the commander. This is also made clear in the game Girls Frontline 2 where you are given the option again to choose the gender of the commander.

Gentiane is the commander of the Manga, and this anime is taking many elements from that adaptation, I don't think it was created to avoid "romance", since with this you could also go to the other spectrum and create a yuri bait type manga/anime . Her personality is the lazy genius type, where in the game i dont have that impression of the commander behaves like that, heck sometimes he/she behaves like a shounen protagonist (from what i have seen in the events in the game)

Personally, I hope the anime fix her personality a bit, since sometimes she feels like that im watching someone doing a let's play of the game instead of someone living in the story

You can choose your gender in GFL although in the story you are still referred to with male pronouns for example 9-3E cutscene, continuum turbulence (has a line which says "my motto has always been treat ladies gently") so be it intentional, a story writing hiccup or just a translation error, is still there. If it sounds, acts, and is referred to as a male then I say that it is canonically a male (or at least intended to). I don't know how the examples that I gave are written on CN since I don't know Chinese. If you can confirm those cutscenes to be actually with neutral pronounce sure I take it back. On the other hand, you are also right since some skin stories and events will let answer based on the gender of choices, plus like you said, you can choose your gender and outfit your chibi skk however you like and most of the time you will be referred to by your nickname or simply as "commander". But as long as global has those "not so gender-neutral" pronouns it can be considered canonical.

Either way thanks for adding that!

I agree with you, I feel like the commander in the game had a more immersive evolution as a character in the story, especially with the later events. Gentiane while I find her overall personality fine (the manga series was a good enough substitute for the in-game skk), doesn't really fit in... as you said it feels like she's literally a GFL player doing GFL let's plays of early chapters... I too hope that the anime will fix her and improve her character... especially since this part of the story is pretty bland/boring...
Jan 14, 2022 3:17 PM
May 2017
Alokr said:
Contreras1991 said:

You can choose your gender in GFL although in the story you are still referred to with male pronouns for example 9-3E cutscene, continuum turbulence (has a line which says "my motto has always been treat ladies gently") so be it intentional, a story writing hiccup or just a translation error, is still there. If it sounds, acts, and is referred to as a male then I say that it is canonically a male (or at least intended to). I don't know how the examples that I gave are written on CN since I don't know Chinese. If you can confirm those cutscenes to be actually with neutral pronounce sure I take it back. On the other hand, you are also right since some skin stories and events will let answer based on the gender of choices, plus like you said, you can choose your gender and outfit your chibi skk however you like and most of the time you will be referred to by your nickname or simply as "commander". But as long as global has those "not so gender-neutral" pronouns it can be considered canonical.

Either way thanks for adding that!

I agree with you, I feel like the commander in the game had a more immersive evolution as a character in the story, especially with the later events. Gentiane while I find her overall personality fine (the manga series was a good enough substitute for the in-game skk), doesn't really fit in... as you said it feels like she's literally a GFL player doing GFL let's plays of early chapters... I too hope that the anime will fix her and improve her character... especially since this part of the story is pretty bland/boring...

Regarding the neutral pronouns people in the reddit of girls frontline has mentioned that english lacks of neutral pronuns if you compare it with the chinese, japanese, or korean languages. The other servers they refer to the commander as gender neutrally as posible, since those languages don't really have gender specific pronouns
Jan 14, 2022 3:33 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Pretty good episode, it was mainly focused on Gentiane getting used to commanding the T-dolls and then earning their favor for looking after their safety in battle, which I found pretty wholesome when they all came to her personally to thank her, but then tragedy struck when one of the Sangvis robots self destructed leading to all of those T-dolls Gentiane met dying in the explosion, to which she was mortified over.

Yeah it’s definitely not the best show this season, I especially noticed that the gunfights aren’t super interesting because they’re just standing in place while shooting, and during the scarecrow fight it didn’t show her taking any of the bullets despite standing still (stormtrooper aim much lol) but I am still finding this enjoyable, the plot is kinda intriguing me so far and I always liked the designs of the girls in this series, I’ll definitely be watching this to the end for things like that.
Jan 14, 2022 3:53 PM

Aug 2013
well at least its better than the 1st ep and that's all I have to say

English is my second language
Jan 14, 2022 4:43 PM

Feb 2021
That was awful; worse than the first episode. I already knew what to expect since it's a gacha adaptation, but they really fell apart in production.
Jan 14, 2022 5:33 PM

Jan 2013
Spirit_Chaser said:
That was awful; worse than the first episode. I already knew what to expect since it's a gacha adaptation, but they really fell apart in production.

GFL actually has an amazing story but anime isnt adapting the game. Its an adaptation of non-canon doujin. Game developer wasnt even supervising this show
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Asdedix147&sclick=1]
Jan 14, 2022 6:07 PM
May 2021
Scarecrow huh?
As much as the character looked cool, the rotating energy blasters reminded me of
Altair

from Re: Creators.

Sadly Scarecrow, didn't prove to be much of anything except being a one-shot speedbump for this anime.

There's no point in continuing this series, time to drop it and move on.
Jan 14, 2022 6:10 PM

Aug 2020
Still love the opening.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 14, 2022 9:13 PM

Jul 2021
Yuvensius said:
TsutanaiFuun said:
People are saying it gets better later on, I really hope it does. Just kawai dolls are not enough to keep me interested in this anime at this point, 1 or 2 more episodes and then I may drop this. Also the episode felt terribly long for some reason, didn't feel like 20 minutes at all. All action was based around guns and gun action isn't very thrilling.

The better part will be adapted near the end around episode 9-12. But the best part can't be adapted in this 12 episodes slot.
Then its going to get very hard to follow this anime if nothing very interesting happens soon, I'm still hoping though. Will give it 1 or 2 more episodes.

Alokr said:

M4a1 (on short M4)
ST AR15 (on short STAR)
M16a1 (on short M16)

Agent
Gager
Intruder
Dreamer
Judge
Executioner
Hunter
Destroyer
Architect
Ouroboros
Scarecrow
Alchemist

Thank you, I appreciate this, some of the things are definitely clear. I'll check out the game story sometime. For now I'm thinking of continuing the anime, if I get interested in this story and the anime gets boring I'll check out the game story then.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 14, 2022 9:57 PM
Nov 2021
Episode was just ok, better than episode 1. I'll give the anime one more episode before deciding if I'll drop it.
Jan 14, 2022 10:30 PM
Feb 2017
Ardi8 said:

When I hear people said it was going to be dark at the time the anime was announced, I wonder the same too. Since I played the EN version until chapter 12 or so and then quit. At that point, it is your action sci-fi movie with cute girls at most. If thing really got interesting later, I doubt the anime can deliver within 12 episodes.
Jan 14, 2022 10:33 PM
Feb 2020
This was a much better episode than last one but better doesn't mean it is already good enough. This episode felt kinda lost, I don't know how to put it into words. I kept getting distracted by something else while watching this episode. Maybe its the lack of clarity in the plot, my friends didn't understand anything what was going on so I had to explain to them myself.

The action choreography wasn't great either, there could've been lots of action happening but its just firing in open space. Honestly, the action scenes in episode 1 was cooler. Scarecrow's demise at the end also felt anti-climactic (to me at least), it happened too fast to show us any sort of build up with emotions at stake. And for some odd reason, I didn't feel any kind of dread after that last scene happened.

Definitely still watching this series, its just that my hope for its success had dimmed down a little.
Akumaru03Jan 14, 2022 10:38 PM
Jan 14, 2022 11:04 PM

Nov 2015
Asdedix147 said:
Close to being unwatchable. PPS magically swaps her firearm to UMP45 between frames which doesnt have sense plot-wise. We have a close up of mp5 firing her weapon where bolt doesnt move.
Choreography of gun fighting in this ep was just girls standing in an open field and shooting.
Ive been playing GFL since august 2019 and I knew that anime adaptation of non-canon doujin is doomed to fail but Jesus Christ.
Game developer wasnt even supervising this shitfest....

Eh? Are you are talking about that manga by Ling? The manga didn't even bother with the tutorial and Scarecrow, Ling just skipped the entire chapter 1 as if that happened behind the scene and just continue with M4 pursuit by Executioner.

Genti intro last episode and this entire episode doesn't exist in the manga. If you want to blame the shitty action, etc. blame it on how the anime production team decided to adapt chapter 1 instead.
Jan 14, 2022 11:10 PM

Nov 2015
NoGoodNameRemain said:
When I hear people said it was going to be dark at the time the anime was announced, I wonder the same too. Since I played the EN version until chapter 12 or so and then quit. At that point, it is your action sci-fi movie with cute girls at most. If thing really got interesting later, I doubt the anime can deliver within 12 episodes.

Ah, chapter 12 huh? Did you also read the campaign? Like Cube, AW, DD, Singularity, CT, Isomer, etc.? Or only read the main chapter?
Jan 14, 2022 11:34 PM

Oct 2008
production staff looks cheap huh...
3/5.

Jan 15, 2022 12:07 AM
Dec 2021
Less action from AR team this time, more of a focus on the story and Gentiane's role in it, as was alluded to in the ending of the first episode. Lots of action in general in this episode however, introduces even more characters and concepts from the game, and I feel it was better paced than the first. Small error with the shot where PPS is holding an UMP45 (and holding it wrong) but it's forgivable and I thought it was funny honestly. Good episode over all.
Jan 15, 2022 5:31 AM
Jun 2021
Pretty fun ep. Im interested in the story, but when i compare it to the first episode, there is definetly more action, but it got all choppy and not so fluent as it was before. I hope they wont sacrifice the good visuals for more baseless action. The commander's character development is definetly needed, but i dont want it to interfere with the story's value as a whole.
Im still looking foward to more episodes though.
Jan 15, 2022 7:02 AM
Feb 2017
Yuvensius said:
Ah, chapter 12 huh? Did you also read the campaign? Like Cube, AW, DD, Singularity, CT, Isomer, etc.? Or only read the main chapter?

Up until during cube+, I just search my chat log with my cousin, I gave my account to him on Jul 2019, while cube+ were running, since I invested lot of bucks to the game so quitting was a bit .... uneasy. But he is playing genshin now so no one play that account anymore lol.
Jan 15, 2022 7:45 AM
Jan 2022
The dolls waste so much ammo. Other than opening and closing songs this doesn't have much going for it 2/5
Jan 15, 2022 8:11 AM

Nov 2017
I do wish the gunfight choreography had more oomf to it, y'know? Of course there are times for rest and to slow down, but there are also times for big energy, and impact.

&++ I had a feeling Scarecrow would self-destruct
Jan 15, 2022 10:31 AM

Nov 2015
NoGoodNameRemain said:
Yuvensius said:

Up until during cube+, I just search my chat log with my cousin, I gave my account to him on Jul 2019, while cube+ were running, since I invested lot of bucks to the game so quitting was a bit .... uneasy. But he is playing genshin now so no one play that account anymore lol.

Umm, then how did you know about chapter 12? EN only got chapter 12 in January 2021, even Singularity (chapter 10.5) only arrived in Nov 2019.
Jan 15, 2022 11:00 AM
Feb 2017
Yuvensius said:
then how did you know about chapter 12

I never said the exact chapter number, I said "12 or so". It has been nearly 3 years, how can I remember exactly. The plot also did not have much memorable things to begin with.
NoGoodNameRemainJan 15, 2022 11:09 AM
Jan 15, 2022 3:08 PM

Mar 2014
Another 3/5 episode. Also, I hate the lazy precocious genius trope.

"Good" thing there's barely any show I'm following of this season. So, there is barely a reason to drop it, unless it gets much worse.

OP and END are very nice, sad they are wasted in this 5/10 anime.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jan 15, 2022 7:54 PM
Oct 2017
lol so bad.

I feel like one of the biggest sins here are that the differences between humans and dolls aren't established enough. Like I seriously can't tell them apart, unless they specifically say so or have guns.

Also the women with the glasses treats the commander chick like she's insane for caring about the dolls... Its not like they LOOK and ACT exactly like humans lol. Again, no way to differentiate the two.

Another thing I don't get is like, wouldn't it make sense to take care of your resources (aka dolls)? Glasses chick explains how they are disposable and they should all go kamikaze but also who funds this company and with what materials are these dolls made from? Kinda a waste of money and resources (especially if materials are finite) if they don't take care of them and destroy them every battle. Going to war is very expensive.
Jan 15, 2022 9:30 PM

Feb 2019
This remains boring as absolute hell. The big fight at the end is Star Wars stormtroopers level of stupid. They all stand in an empty field, ten feet apart and fire haphazardly, now with no accuracy whatsoever. Then it's revealed that one was hiding eight feet away, opens fire, and instantly destroys her. That's the whole fight. Also, they had her surrounded, so were firing in a circle. So they were shooting at each other. Which apparently the show never realized.
Jan 16, 2022 12:44 AM

Oct 2010
It felt more like 'lets play' video. The one you watch someone else play.
With all game shenanigans that have no place in good adaptation kept.
Like genius tactics of standing proud in open view. Or encircling for better friendly fire. Or dolls interview via zoom in special empty rooms.
Jan 16, 2022 5:18 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright, finally commander Komatsu, i mean, Gentiane, entering the battlefield. Commander Kalina already had a familiar voice, no wonder. Yeah, that's like a tutorial. But More cute dolls handling the old gun model, looks fun enough for me. Then, while facing such a high-levelled drone like that, its indeed the dangerous situations. Ofc lots of casualties there were inevitable, even though Gentiane able to took her down on the first and trying to interrogate her. But, high-end model seems to not just a shallow name. The newbie commander must learn a great lesson from her first actual battle. Watch out, M4, enemy incoming...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 16, 2022 10:18 AM
Nov 2019
Why?
Why are android spraying bullets instead of proper controlled fire?
Why do you build an army where every unit is using a different weapon?
Why is everybody just standing on an open field during a fight?
Why give a superior unit a countdown to surrender with a nice talk up front instead of just taking her out by snipers?
Why would the self destruct leave the memory module unharmed?

So much that doesn't make sense.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2022

20 by EmiFumiko »»
Mar 29, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2022

37 by EmiFumiko »»
Mar 1, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2022

145 by EmiFumiko »»
Feb 25, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2022

40 by bushman66 »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:03 PM

» Why is the title Doll's Frontline

LeviLeads - Apr 8, 2021

11 by PhilTheStampede »»
Jun 22, 2023 11:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.