Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 5, 2022 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
The anime finally came to the end of its long journey, in between the beginning parts were nice but the rest didn't please me at all, although I thought the narrative was very weak and characters were very bad, some pleased me more, others not, note final 4/10.
Jan 5, 2022 1:45 PM

Mar 2010
Combat was just underwhelming, the hype wasn't even a reality. But overall nb.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 5, 2022 5:20 PM

Nov 2016
while it didnt hit me as hard as the manga did (i see some ln readers fuming), it does it pretty good job summing up the show. it isnt as actiony as many others and i think it falls real flat on that. the manga was pretty awesome and mainly targets older viewers. so many feels there compared to the show
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Jan 6, 2022 6:29 AM

Nov 2014
Ok-ish end after disastrous ep. 11. At least emo-Will didn't take too long.
Jan 6, 2022 6:37 AM

Dec 2020
I loved the first half, but the moment he left Blood, Mary and Gus, it almost changed the pace and was a bit confusing, especially the last two eps. Even the final battle felt...empty.

A shame, because honestly, I enjoyed the show up until then. Still gonna look forward to S2 though!
Jan 6, 2022 6:40 PM
Mar 2012
Will being dumb, but saved by bf Menel.
Very good Will & Menel combo, supporting each others' attack.
Show got lots of issues. Bit too calm pacing, annoying whiny mc va, often bland fights. 3 undead parents raising an isekai orphan such a cool premise, but execution/directing became generic fantasy like ChainChronicles, maybe different expectation but feels like wasted potential.
Some characters were funny tho & forming mc's party is nice.
Jan 6, 2022 10:02 PM
Mar 2015
Somehow the ending seemed too sickeningly sweet
Jan 7, 2022 12:56 AM
Apr 2020
just a very, very bad anime. it's a surprise that this got a second season.
Jan 7, 2022 3:28 AM
Mar 2019
Man I really hope they up the animation quality, also some of the battle scenes seemed "odd". For example the last hit on the Chimera to it's upper jaw, that
is like trying to kill a crocodile by stabbing it's snoot with a toothpick.
Jan 8, 2022 1:19 PM

Apr 2020
Better episode compared to the ones in the middle. The fight with the Chimera reminded me of Dragons Dogma's fights.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Jan 9, 2022 5:32 PM
May 2017
Aiight the anime 6.5/10
Jan 9, 2022 11:15 PM

Jun 2019
My 179th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Jan 10, 2022 4:41 AM

Mar 2021
ShikishimaKrile said:
And now after 12 episodes thinking oh i love the ending song of this anime, i realized its from yanagi nagi no wonder then lol.

I was a little sad they didn't play her ED theme in the final ep, such a good outro song ❤ one of my favorites for fall season themes.

The insert song in EP12 was sung by Suzuki Eri (Bee, the shorty who sings tales)
"Saihate no Bukun Uta" by Robina Goodfellow (Eri Suzuki) (ep 12)

source from ANN
(and went back to ep 8 (@8:50) to make sure it & it's the same VA)
Respectfully ofc

Jan 12, 2022 12:11 AM

Dec 2016
It was a really normal ride. It's my first time watching an anime where they took a whole season just for character building. But at least we now know the MC's goal.

I hope in second season it gets more intense. In this season barely any serious event happened.

6/10 for this season. I hope it gets better so that I can give it 7.
Jan 12, 2022 5:05 PM

Mar 2021
So, not the best anime, but it was ok, a little slow but Im ok to see the character grow etc, and then starting his adventure
Like a lot, I prefered the first half with Mary Blood and Gus, I miss them ;-;

Really liked the musics tho !
SerahKyuJan 12, 2022 5:13 PM
Jan 15, 2022 8:21 PM

Aug 2013
Ryuseishun said:
This ended up as easily one of the most boring and bland fantasy series I've ever watched in the recent years. While it at least didn't try to be junk food in the beginning, the lackluster production value DID NOT help at all and even then, everything was quite boring to say the least. The lore and initial setup were kinda decent at first, but poor directing and lack of interesting hooks brought down whatever appeal this might've had. It winds up as just as a typical RPG-like fantasy story now with very uninspiring attempts at worldbuilding.
I especially did not like Will; he was boring as hell. What was the point of him being reincarnated? It's not like with Rudeus where with the aforementioned being reincarnated in the first place actually mattered a lot by itself. With Will here, on the other hand, they could've discarded the isekai stuff altogether and it would've went the exact same way.
Might as well give it 1/10. Not only because it was so bland and tasteless, but also because it did next to nothing commendable aside from a decent OP and ED theme.

Disclaimer here, too: I read both the manga AND the LN, and they're not that much better story-wise sans the usual additional "readable only" details. At least the art from the LN kinda slaps.

I was actually shocked to see so many people actually state that the story was bland. I feel like I should ask what fantasy/isekai stories these people are reading to call this bland.

Even with this anime's shoddy adaption that seems to pretty much apply to all isekai that comes out of japan, this is still better then like 95% of the isekai that Japan has pumped out period.
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
I'm confused, why did Menel call Will a "coward"? What? Is that suppose to be an attempt to insult him?

Man, all this feels cliche...

And the plot is awful...

This was not an enjoyable watch, it was boring, the voice acting were horrible, especially the scenes that William cried in. Just another typical Isekai

2/10 for me

This hurts my soul. "typical isekai". I feel like we live in alternate realities. A typical japanese isekai is usually along the lines of "the overpowered hero is cautious!". To label this story that attempts to actually be serious and tries to spin an emotional tale the same as the other generic self insert broken power fantasy isekai's has me curled up in a ball.
Isekai Expert (unironically).
8+ years of isekai experience and recommendations here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGmpQS73JGs
Jan 17, 2022 3:35 AM

Apr 2021
Man, it started as some of 'it's' fans called it most complete isekai LN, and it bottlled as the reactions of Tokyo Ghoul :re's fans.

Man, such a disappointment...

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

Jan 17, 2022 3:59 AM

Sep 2018
The action is so lackluster, but I don’t hate it.. the story is fine. I like William and Menel, they’re cute..
Jan 21, 2022 5:02 AM

Nov 2013
Solid ending. Certainly doesn't deserve the shit rating it has now.
Jan 22, 2022 3:35 AM

Jun 2019
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Solid ending. Certainly doesn't deserve the shit rating it has now.

Even a 6.00 rating would satisfy MAL's criteria of being labeled as "Fine" per MAL's own language and descriptors for the numerical ratings. A high 6 (presently 6.94 at the time of this post) can hardly be called "shit" in that context.

For instance, I rated it a 6 and it had its strengths and weaknesses. It was mostly "passable", "serviceable", or "decent", but I'm not going to pretend either that it was as good as or I personally enjoyed it as much as (or both) anything I've rated a 7 or higher.
Jan 27, 2022 12:38 AM
Oct 2021
Honestly i didnt like the last episode, it was the most predictable and generic thing in the fucking world and the animation got like 40% worse
Oct 2021
Honestly i didnt like the last episode, it was the most predictable and generic thing in the fucking world and the animation got like 40% worse
Oct 2021
Oct 2021
Jan 28, 2022 10:30 PM

Jan 2014
not bad, but I wouldn't say it was good.
the first 5 episodes took too long for the introduction.
and here I thought Will would come to find the old elf that makes a deal with Augustus back then.

I guess I would hope that happen in 2nd season.
Feb 26, 2022 8:55 AM
Sep 2020
Alright, this series actually has a story that is quite interesting for me, which is about a baby who was raised by the Undead, at the beginning of the story it was quite fun.

Unfortunately this series has animation and visuals that are quite bad, so that it makes what should be an epic scene become ordinary.When the MC goes on a trip out to explore the outside world, that's pretty good too The MC gets a lot of friends, experience and knowledge about the world that he doesn't know If only the animation of this series was good, I would increase the rate for the series more

My conclusion, this series has a story that is quite interesting to read and has the potential if the adaptation is even better. Maybe that's the result of an unclear review instead
May 1, 2022 7:01 AM

Sep 2012
he did all that without knowing it makes him a lord in the end :D

i am sure the priest will want hes daughter to marry him, its so predicable outcome
Sugram22May 1, 2022 8:09 AM
Jul 27, 2022 5:21 AM

Jun 2021
So when’s season 2? This show is too awesome to just be merely 12 eps.
Aug 27, 2022 2:02 PM
Jan 2022
really good anime to watch
Sep 4, 2022 6:15 PM
Nov 2018
I took some time off in between episode 11 and 12, so the quick resolution of Will's internal conflict didn't feel rushed. I liked how the ending set up a vague path for the rest of the series to follow. There probably won't be a second season, but I am extremely interested in reading the light novel, or whatever source material this show came from. Will and Menel's romance/bromance is what draws me the most. I'm wondering where that will lead.
Nov 28, 2022 5:09 PM
Nov 2022
fora de paradigma
Nov 29, 2022 5:31 PM
Apr 2021
Espero con ansias la segunda temporada
Dec 24, 2022 12:22 PM
Dec 2022
it was very meh not as good as the beginning
Jun 7, 2023 6:19 PM

Oct 2019
A bit lukewarm season ending. I still might watch the next season though.
Jul 15, 2023 4:09 AM

Apr 2015
I'm impressed. Not everyone can manage to make story in a fantasy setting so boring.
Sep 13, 2023 7:46 PM

Dec 2021
The way the battle unfolded, witnessing Will and Menel employing distinct debuff and status magic while gradually wearing down the chimera was truly impressive. That final song about the faraway paladin was a perfect touch.

I'm still quite intrigued about how the penetrator handles battles. Single-handedly taking down a dragon speaks volumes about his strength.

Considering the hint dropped in the post-credit scene, it seems the next season might focus more on the political aftermath of Will's actions rather than individual adventures. But for now, I'm content with where they left things in this season. 6/10. Here's hoping they allocate a larger budget for animation in the upcoming one.

Sep 15, 2023 7:04 PM
Aug 2023
excited for season 2
Sep 18, 2023 1:15 PM

Jun 2013
This was disappointing like most Isekais. I liked the concept but the story and the writing is just a mediocre and dull fantasy with religion. It had an interesting start but once the adventuring began it became boring to the point where I had to force myself to watch it. There is nothing remarkable about the characters either. Will's effeminate personality mixed with a female VA doesn't help his character. He is crybaby who is kind of OP but has a self-loathing nice guy attitude with an emotionally unstable mindset which makes him even more irritating to watch regardless of his pre-isekai loser past. His androgynous tsundere Elf friend with a male VA was a bit better. But Reystov and Bee were okay. Overall it was an utter waste of time.
Sep 30, 2023 10:28 PM
Sep 2023
godly level sad masterpiece
Oct 30, 2023 8:26 AM
Jun 2023
Interesting show
Dec 3, 2023 2:59 AM
Dec 2022
Will and Menel fought the Chimera but Reystov got the demon boss. Great fight scene.
Dec 3, 2023 11:31 AM

Jun 2012
It could've been a lot better in my opinion, the premise was good, the start of it was stellar, the whole undead parents raising a human child something that I haven't seen since I watched " Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi ", but after that the show took a nose dive and it almost came crashing down, if not for some good moments at the end, even if it was rushed and from what I could gather the producers changed a few things from the LN counterpart.
I enjoyed about 70% of this show, the percentage would've been a lot higher if the animation wasn't a power point presentation.
Maybe the 2nd season will be better.
Dec 23, 2023 5:40 PM

Dec 2018
It's great that we see a story devoted to the dwarves. In shows it's always humans this, elves that, dwarves never get their due. Nice to see. Also Bee is so cute omg.
Dec 24, 2023 1:19 AM

Dec 2020
The second with him as a baby training under the three heroes was PEAK. The rest seemed like more build up and him growing. The finale wasn't really a finale just like a stopping point. He honestly did have a point. He is on a different level than most people and he needs to allocate people to roles and tasks they can handle better.

I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Dec 29, 2023 1:14 AM
Oct 2017
I really enjoyed this, wasn't written for 8yr olds. Definitely what I needed after slogging through typical fantasy/Isekai crap.
Jan 25, 6:26 PM
Oct 2019
definitely too much altruistic, naive, corny, religious type exposition. could've probably been 6-8 good/very good episodes instead of 12 belter than average/"fine" episodes

but i kind of like the story and i'm curious where it goes. 6/10 or maybe 6.5/10. lose the exposition and it's a 7/10
Mar 13, 6:18 AM

Dec 2022
Found this pretty decent, or just straight up good. While it can't be said that the pacing is always up to par, everything else is solid. Was impressed with the worldbuilding, unique aspects that distinguish it from other isekai of this era, and the thoughtful introspection you see Will undergo throughout.

A few scenes also had mediocre animation, but I didn't notice it for the most part, meaning the animation never actually fell below being passable enough times for it to impact the watch.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Illyricus - Sep 27, 2021

119 by MrMjoez1 »»
Mar 19, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

59 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 10 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Dec 18, 2021

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2021

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 3:08 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 8 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Dec 4, 2021

48 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.