Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2021 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, they just went all out with the series finale by throwing in a big music performance featuring pretty much the all star cast. It also retains the gothic and rock style themes but feels much more flashy.

Was actually a fun finale episode without too much drama.
Dec 24, 2021 7:29 AM

Jul 2017
The moment you've all been waiting for: the Visual Prison between not 2, but 3 groups: OZ, LOST EDEN and ECLIPSE. Cool group theme songs to boot for a finale, but if I have to pick a winner, it would be LOST EDEN's rock-rap song that's quite close to HypMic levels.

This is pretty much the finale very much alike to last Fall's Hypnosis Mic, only that I feel that HypMic had much more emotion than this. Between the battle of the same between LOST EDEN and ECLIPSE, OZ is only there for the moment just for their dedication to Guil. They clearly won with all the Scarlet Tears, but Guil reaffirmed that his place is back to the Scarlet Moon while the rest still lives. The Scarlet Tears used to convert Ange into a full-fledged vampire, and Guil's sin wasn't enough to save him as a whole.

All's well that ends's well for this one, not my favourite of the A-1 Pictures Fujoshi-produced stuff, but still a decent show.
KANLen09Dec 24, 2021 8:55 AM
Dec 24, 2021 8:55 AM

Jun 2009
Guil stayed alive he's not dead ^
Dec 24, 2021 9:22 AM

Jan 2014
What a weird and whacky show from beginning to end. I really do love the music though. Catching up this show was a wild ride. Not fully sure if I actually liked it, or more just that I found the music to be really great. But still, a decent show overall.
Dec 24, 2021 9:25 AM
Sep 2015
Cringey but I love it! Especially Saga, he's the only one who sings uncleaned voice while others are maintaining their idol voices. I want to be bitten by him!
Dec 24, 2021 9:43 AM

Jan 2016
Absolutely loved this! Also the ending was nice. Got to hear some awesome music and Guil’s alive! :D I have a question though. Did the Scarlet Moon save Guil AND turned Ange into a full vampire? Or did it JUST save Guil? So they would need 10 scarlet tears to turn Ange into a full vampire?
Dec 24, 2021 9:52 AM
Jul 2017
What an awesome final episode, I'm glad it ended off on a positive and happy note. I really enjoyed the show from beginning to end and while it's not perfect I had a good time with it, and the final episode gave me good vibes just in time for Christmas~
Dec 24, 2021 9:53 AM
Oct 2021
So Ange hit us with a whole confession and we just forget about that?
Dec 24, 2021 12:48 PM

May 2021
Great final episode! We had tons of amazing live music performances and I really enjoyed listening to all of them! Guil is still alive as well!

I really loved this show a lot-it was definitely different but fun to watch!
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 24, 2021 2:37 PM

May 2016
does no one watch this? barely any ratings and any comments.
Dec 24, 2021 2:38 PM

May 2018
Nice last episode. If only each band had more songs to sing.

4/10 overall tbh it was ok-ish but went downhill after the first few episodes.
Dec 24, 2021 2:38 PM

May 2018
hekin_pnk said:
So Ange hit us with a whole confession and we just forget about that?

he wants daddy's tough love
Dec 24, 2021 3:48 PM

Nov 2019
A nice finale with OZ winning the Visual Prison, but also turning Ange into a full vampire and allowing Guil to live

This series sure was a strange, but fun, ride, so a 6/10~
Dec 25, 2021 12:51 AM

Dec 2016
It's a good thing that Guil is somehow still living even if it has a short time limit.

Their singing showdown was good. It was obvious that OZ would win.

But that guy in the end, was that Ange's dad? It was shown that Saga arrived in the accident scene and said that he can save him. So I'm guessing it's Ange's dad who is a vampire now.

Anyway it was OK. The reason I gave this a watch was because I was curious about visual kei themed music anime and I also saw some pictures where their VAs dressed up as their characters for a photoshoot which looked quite interesting. I liked the songs. Out of all the characters Saga's voice was amazing, it's like how deep can Eguchi make his voice.

Overall 6/10
Dec 25, 2021 12:55 AM
Mar 2018
KANLen09 said:
The Scarlet Tears used to convert Ange into a full-fledged vampire, and Guil's sin wasn't enough to save him as a whole.

NeonStarrzzify said:
I have a question though. Did the Scarlet Moon save Guil AND turned Ange into a full vampire? Or did it JUST save Guil? So they would need 10 scarlet tears to turn Ange into a full vampire?

tappdancing786 said:
A nice finale with OZ winning the Visual Prison, but also turning Ange into a full vampire and allowing Guil to live

Ange still has one red eye in the comeback concert after the goblet scene, he chose not to turn into a full vampire (at least for now) in order to use the 20 (9 ECLIPSE + 9 LOST EDEN + 1 OZ + 1 Ange) scarlet tears to perform 2 miracles (10 tears = 1 miracle) to save Guil from his 2 punishments from the Scarlet Moon, if he only used 10 tears on Guil it wouldn't be enough since Guil had 2 punishments. (I believe the 18 tears ECLIPSE and LOST EDEN had jointly donated were for the specific purpose of saving Guil, not for turning Ange into a full vampire.) It was an either/or thing and Ange clearly would rather live in a world with Guil than be a full vampire without Guil. He has slower aging as a dhampir than as a human, so hopefully by the time OZ wins 10 more tears (10 human years minimum), Ange will still be pretty young in human years (20s), and they can use the tears to turn Ange into a full vampire if he still wants it then, since Guil is probably too weak to turn him even now.
Dec 25, 2021 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
It ended with all bands performing their songs with ugly 3D.
Dec 26, 2021 10:40 PM
Dec 2016
did ange and guil get together? or did everyone just ignore ange's confession
👁👄👁
WE NEED SEASON 2 ASAP
Dec 28, 2021 4:49 AM
Dec 2021
This finale was pretty good, was hoping for more of an actual physical fight in the last visual prison (maybe i’m just a whore for battles). They have shown the characters to have fighting skills so it feels weird that it wasn’t really used, theres a lot of parts of the vampire world that just weren’t touched on and i was really looking forward to getting to explore some of the characters more.

Did anyone else feel like OZ’s performance of Shangri-La didn’t really hit as good this episode? Can’t really explain it but it felt different to every other time i’ve heard it.

The whole saving guil thing felt a little bit too easy for me too but I’m happy that he’s saved. Interested in who the guy at the end is, his design is really cool to me so I hope we get a season 2 or a manga or smth to continue the story.
Jan 8, 2022 9:49 AM

Mar 2015
I don't think the lyrics "Darkness is cool!" sounds as good as they did in the writers head...
Feb 7, 2022 5:00 PM

Jan 2011
Oh. My. Goodness.

!!! Is it so bad for me to rate this a 10? I don't know why, but I just felt so
connected to this anime. I just loved everything about it.

The visuals. The characters. The story. And definitely the songs.
I didn't have much hope about this when I saw the words
"vampires" and "music". I went, "Ugghhh".

But wow, who knew I'd come to love this as much as I do now.
I'm really hoping for a second season!!
Jul 8, 2022 9:37 PM

Jul 2021
YukiTsubaki said:
Oh. My. Goodness.

!!! Is it so bad for me to rate this a 10? I don't know why, but I just felt so
connected to this anime. I just loved everything about it.

The visuals. The characters. The story. And definitely the songs.
I didn't have much hope about this when I saw the words
"vampires" and "music". I went, "Ugghhh".

But wow, who knew I'd come to love this as much as I do now.
I'm really hoping for a second season!!

I loved it so much as well, no shame. It was my favorite anime of the season. Everyone was so pretty and I can't pick a favorite! I really hope it gets picked for a second season!
Oct 28, 2022 8:30 AM

Nov 2007
Aaah a performance in Yoyogi stadium...brings back memories from when I wenr to see Buck-Tick there.

Anyway, some questionable choices were made in this anime but I mostly enjoyed, I think. It's the kinda show, that if there is more I will watch more but if there isn't I will be perfectly fine as well. Some of the songs are definitely going on my playlist though.
Feb 27, 2023 9:43 AM
Jul 2015
8.6 anime musical good visual art design good musical show each episode has new song singing performance

Supernatural theme action musical mixed w sword mic

Band of groups musical consist of 3 groups

People who appreciate art & music like would love it

4 perfect musical in ending eps

I'm glad Guil can still be alive

For people said it's Visual piss I dare you to make art design, and singing like them which your country & you can't even do it 🤡💀 clown
senekohanFeb 27, 2023 9:56 AM

More topics from this board

» Thoughts?

Victii - Mar 27, 2021

37 by 1O23 »»
Oct 14, 2023 9:12 PM

Poll: » Visual Prison Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2021

20 by xLunaDragon »»
Oct 4, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » VISUAL PRISON 1st GIG -RED MOON

Megabrain90 - Mar 11, 2023

3 by Megabrain90 »»
Mar 11, 2023 1:45 PM

Poll: » Visual Prison Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

10 by senekohan »»
Feb 27, 2023 9:03 AM

Poll: » Visual Prison Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2021

12 by senekohan »»
Feb 27, 2023 4:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.