Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2021 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
So who was the person at the very end talking highly of Rudeus?
"I only studied a little bit of history and I have learned there are two current thoughts in human history. The opinion that there are things worth more than human life and the opinion that there is nothing preferable to life. When the war begins, it is on the pretext of the former type of people and it justify the latter when the war ends"
Dec 19, 2021 10:56 AM
Dec 2007
PurpleRequiem said:
So who was the person at the very end talking highly of Rudeus?
Major spoilers, don't click if you don't want to know

Oct 2021
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
Hard decision... 8/10 or 9/10 ;/
Well if this would become weekly like Naruto then I would maybe even give it 10. The art is not great at all times so it wouldn't be a problem to make 1 episode every Sunday. It is very slow paced. Anyway I do like it and I would watch third season.
I knew it that now it will be story with Sylphie after episode 11 when Eris left him ;( Eris left him hair memento, but he didn't take it? He would have Roxy panties, Eris hair and only Sylphie would need to give him something at the end of third season when leaving him ;d Then in fourth season they would reunite in a party of Rudeus and Roxy, Sylphiette, Eris. Sylphiette should be healer to match the squad.
Just give in 10/10 you know animator will die if they keep 1 ep per week as a weakly series.

Mar 2008
08/10 season 3 pls
Dec 19, 2021 11:06 AM

Nov 2011
I'm actually very disappointed with this episode. This is the first episode in this series to leave a sour taste in my mouth.

They did a really poor job at adapting the Roxy stuff and mishandled Fits' and Ariel's introduction, skipping lots of important stuff in favor of using the time with Rudy's introspection.
A lot of nice chapters were ruined with this.

It would've been best to save the Fits/Ariel and Roxy stuff for later, be it OVAs, movies or just next season, or have focused this episode on just one of these.

Maybe I'm just being salty as a LN reader, which is normal usually, but this is the first time with Mushoku for me.

I'm also concerned for two things:
- There was no announcement of a new season, which signals wavering commitment. Given a studio was created specifically to adapt a completed series, I expect full commitment.
- The scene with Fits is out of place (timing wise). I fear they might skip Sara's arc.

I love this series, and was going to give it a 10 despite a few flaws, but all this made me drop it to a 7.
Dec 19, 2021 11:08 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
And the pain continues into the final episode but Rudeus has finally managed to take the extra step, and that was really touching honestly.

Eris's reason for leaving his side didn't fully convince me in all fairness but well. Zenith-san being the catalyst for Rudeus to overcome his hurdle was fitting, and the direction during the whole scene and buildup was amazing.

Roxy finding out about Rudeus's family state was interesting to note, I wonder what's her plan. Also, I wonder why the Demon lord or whatever xD couldn't see Zenith-san clearly like the remaining members.

Sylphy in the end there, I'm almost certain lol. Mentor, saviour, respect etc, that's high praise alright.

"Op & ED - Boy, I'm definitely going to miss these." - Such was my impression from the previous cour, and likewise this time around too. ED's visuals in particular were a treat to keep up with.

All in all, the season definitely felt weaker than its predecessor for me. For some reason, the developments didn't seem to get me invested for periods of time but then there were moments like the one from this episode mentioned previously that pulled it up for me. As such, I'm going to settle with a generous 6/10 here.

Definitely down for another season or two, heard we are already one-third into the whole story so why not the whole?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 19, 2021 11:11 AM

Jun 2019
I love that they showed Rudy reverting back to his past life and being paralyzed now that he feels all alone once again. Lesser stories would have had Rudy move forward right away, but this was a much more realistic route that makes this anime so special. Loved how they contrasted it with all the people Rudy has helped throughout the season and hear how much faith they have in him.

I think the 1st & 2nd cours make this series the definitive AOTY. This is something people years down the line will watch and enjoy. If the rest of the series gets this same treatment it’ll end up as one of the greatest of all time.
Dec 19, 2021 11:11 AM

Apr 2018
Beautiful character development.
Definitely the best anime of this year, at least for me.
10/10
Dec 19, 2021 11:12 AM

Jul 2017
danann said:
I'm actually very disappointed with this episode. This is the first episode in this series to leave a sour taste in my mouth.

They did a really poor job at adapting the Roxy stuff and mishandled Fits' and Ariel's introduction, skipping lots of important stuff in favor of using the time with Rudy's introspection.
A lot of nice chapters were ruined with this.

It would've been best to save the Fits/Ariel and Roxy stuff for later, be it OVAs, movies or just next season, or have focused this episode on just one of these.

Maybe I'm just being salty as a LN reader, which is normal usually, but this is the first time with Mushoku for me.

I'm also concerned for two things:
- There was no announcement of a new season, which signals wavering commitment. Given a studio was created specifically to adapt a completed series, I expect full commitment.
- The scene with Fits is out of place (timing wise). I fear they might skip Sara's arc.

I love this series, and was going to give it a 10 despite a few flaws, but all this made me drop it to a 7.

The light novels have that and the manga's getting an adaptation of that too, so no reason why the anime would skip out on that when time comes.
Dec 19, 2021 11:12 AM

Oct 2021
10/10
Studio Bind ThNks for showing this much love while making MT.
Season 2!! Waiting till 2023 is no big deal.
Dec 19, 2021 11:15 AM

Dec 2015
time to wait for a second season announcementttt
Dec 19, 2021 11:16 AM

Mar 2020
I think imma give this anime a 9,Dem,this was sch a ride,I love everything abt it,season 2 whn though? I need moreeeee
So the studio was only made for this anime so there's bound to be another season in a short time right?like 6 months maybe?
Dec 19, 2021 11:17 AM

Jul 2017
Zenith's scene was just too beautiful and powerful, seeing how she was so thankful and proud of Rudy and the affection emanating from her face really tugged at my heartstrings and I almost cried because it made me think of my own mother and how much I love her. I really hope we find Zenith soon. She is a top tier mommy.

The whole scene felt like it was the push Rudy really needed to stop brooding over the past and move forward with his life because he's not just living for himself anymore and he has to take action because so many count on him to do the right thing. The direction for this episode was just incredible and I like how they moved the extra chapter of Zenith from vol 1 to this episode because it fits here perfectly, as if it belonged here from the beginning. My only nitpick is I wish they could've gone with the line "Thank you for being born" instead of "I love you" like in the Light novel, but I'm not too bothered by it.

I also really want to thank Studio Bind and the amazing work they put into this passion project, every episode oozed with so much love and care, I haven't enjoyed anime like this in a long time. I'm sure every MT fan feels the same way, we're so grateful to you guys. This was a fantastic adaptation and a 10/10 experience. Sad there was no announcement for a second season, I'll be praying for one soon.
CrimsunreaperDec 19, 2021 12:39 PM
Dec 19, 2021 11:17 AM

Sep 2011
Good show, decent ending, still kinda overrated.

Wonder how long they''ll wait to announce season 2?

Don't have much to say other then please can future anime stop with the over the top unbelievable bullying trope. Every time they wanted to show pre isekai Rudy on the school gate it was more comical then sad cause it's less believable then Rudy getting isekaid
Dec 19, 2021 11:18 AM
May 2021
Ashhk said:
Short hair Eris is better than I expected, she looks great this way, and well now she's on her trip with Ghislaine to train harder and be able to protect Rudeus properly this time, her goals are understandable to be honest but that's so hard for Rudeus leaving him like that and how depressed he his.

It's also good that we get to see what is currently doing most of the characters we saw this season, I'm happy for Ruijerd that he found people that are actually kind with him and not running away, Roxy and her group now where are most of Rudeus' family and they even know his condition thanks to that other demon girl xD especially nice to see Paul reunited with his other daughter and the maid.

Though the parallel with Rudeus' previous life makes sense, now he has to move forward after realizing how important his mother is for him now.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how things will turn out next, this season was way better than the 1st one for me after episode 2 of (ep 1 and 2 of this season were lame IMO) but ep 3 to 12 were on a high level I didn't expect at all, especially because they remove most of Rudeus' horrible behavior and all the other oddly sexual things (except few elements but whatever) and this time they handled perfectly the sex scene, and I also feel like they did more effort on the direction like during Orsted meeting for example (and same for the animation) I hope that the 3rd season will be on the same level and not back to how things were during the 1st one
tbh shes better with long hair
MY OPINION IS OBJECTIVELY CORRECT
Dec 19, 2021 11:24 AM

Jan 2012
An introspective Rudeus contemplates his next move as we see glimpses of the people he's interacted with along the way in this finale of the second half of Mushoku Tensei's first season. Interweaving Rudeus' previous life self with his current situation turned out to be pretty emotionally effective for me. And the ending cliffhanger, to find his mother, was strong enough that I certainly want to see it happen. Considering I heard that the animation studio behind this was formed with the sole intent of adapting this series I'm assuming it will happen, eventually. I hope I get to see it. 9/10
Dec 19, 2021 11:26 AM

Apr 2020
At last Sylphiette right!!!!
Can't wait for season 3
May will move on to light novels...
Dec 19, 2021 11:27 AM

Feb 2015
I've loved this season, it feels like a real journey . Cant say I'm a fan of short haired Eris, its a shame she's basically out of the series for the forseasble. I really hope we get a season 2 announcement soon. 10/10
Dec 19, 2021 11:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Illegalcraft said:
Ashhk said:
Short hair Eris is better than I expected, she looks great this way, and well now she's on her trip with Ghislaine to train harder and be able to protect Rudeus properly this time, her goals are understandable to be honest but that's so hard for Rudeus leaving him like that and how depressed he his.

It's also good that we get to see what is currently doing most of the characters we saw this season, I'm happy for Ruijerd that he found people that are actually kind with him and not running away, Roxy and her group now where are most of Rudeus' family and they even know his condition thanks to that other demon girl xD especially nice to see Paul reunited with his other daughter and the maid.

Though the parallel with Rudeus' previous life makes sense, now he has to move forward after realizing how important his mother is for him now.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how things will turn out next, this season was way better than the 1st one for me after episode 2 of (ep 1 and 2 of this season were lame IMO) but ep 3 to 12 were on a high level I didn't expect at all, especially because they remove most of Rudeus' horrible behavior and all the other oddly sexual things (except few elements but whatever) and this time they handled perfectly the sex scene, and I also feel like they did more effort on the direction like during Orsted meeting for example (and same for the animation) I hope that the 3rd season will be on the same level and not back to how things were during the 1st one
tbh shes better with long hair
I agree but I expected her to look bad with the short one
Dec 19, 2021 11:30 AM

Sep 2012
Tylaen said:
Comically evil kids are just a staple of anime, aren't they? O'well. I guess we got the origin story of how Rudy ended up fapping to kids.

True, after all bullies, even more extreme does not exist in real world /s .
While not being hung naked by gate, I was pretty fucking close to have my eyeball burnt by cig, and almost strangled as well during middle school times, so yeah, absolute fucktards who do stuff without thinking just for kicks exist.
Dec 19, 2021 11:33 AM

Apr 2015
Drimson said:
Tylaen said:
Comically evil kids are just a staple of anime, aren't they? O'well. I guess we got the origin story of how Rudy ended up fapping to kids.

While not being hung naked by gate, I was pretty fucking close to have my eyeball burnt by cig, and almost strangled as well during middle school times, so yeah, absolute fucktards who do stuff without thinking just for kicks exist.
You'll have to quote me on a comment where I remark that such behavior doesn't exist but I'll leave you with this mantra of mine for next time.

If you can think of it, somebody has probably tried or done it.

Edit:
FiftyRings said:
Tylaen said:
Comically evil kids are just a staple of anime, aren't they?

Comically evil? This level of bullying is a thing that actually happens in Japan. There was a case a few months ago of some girl being forced to walk around school naked.

And worse, the victims are often told to just tough it out, because of Japan's obsession with "not standing out," regardless of the reason.
This reply above is also for you.
TylaenDec 19, 2021 1:28 PM
Dec 19, 2021 11:35 AM

Jun 2020
What an absolutely amazing ride. This series has now become one of my all time favourites.
Dec 19, 2021 11:38 AM

May 2016
Why the author cut her hair? Didn't he see the pirate anime of the white haired girl who did it? she went from a 10 to a 4. She lost a lot of points for doing that good lord
Dec 19, 2021 11:38 AM

Jun 2021
It was a really great show :3
Dec 19, 2021 11:40 AM
Aug 2021
sugoii.Really wait for another season adaptation.
Dec 19, 2021 11:42 AM
Nov 2020
This episode was emotionally awesome!
Can't wait next season!!!
Dec 19, 2021 11:45 AM

Jul 2017
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Why the author cut her hair? Didn't he see the pirate anime of the white haired girl who did it? she went from a 10 to a 4. She lost a lot of points for doing that good lord

He probably didn't see it back in 2012/13 when he wrote about Eris cutting her hair to leave behind for Rudeus specifically, as well to go with showing her resolve.
Dec 19, 2021 11:59 AM

Mar 2016
Just spiilling my thoughts here, but hopefully it's enough coherency lol:
The direction with Rudeus's mentality and past life's memories was quite phenomenal imho and seeing how everyone else is moving along and how the world of MT is essentially moving along regardless of whether or not Rudeus himself is ready to move on....that was really nice. A lot of people were saying this episode was badly directed cause of all the random teasing by the latter, but I thought it was a great way to wrap up the series, personally.

I'm glad the anime was able to show why Eris made that decision to leave Rudeus. She looks up to him despite him being younger than her, and she always felt safe and confident due to him, so when the notion of him dying thanks to Orsted...the notion of how small and fragile he seems to be...really occurred to her, as well as the shock of losing her blood family and being arranged to be married off as part of a political agreement, she realizes she can't be dependent on him anymore. She wants to get strong enough to protect him herself hence why she went off on her journey with Ghislaine. Surely when they meet again she'll be able to keep that promise.

That dream sequence with Zenith telling Rudeus that she loves him (as part of the family) was quite touching and a great way to get the latter up off his moping and take a step forward again. He's still mentally not okay, but at least he's trying to move forward again.

The scene with Ruijerd was apparently anime-original, but it's nice to see how he's faring in terms of his reputation and how people are now more comfortable around him due to the efforts of Dead End. We might not see him for a while, tbh.

Overall this cour in particular was just amazing, and easily in my top 5 favs, and the story can only get better from here on out imho, especially with all the setups for future developments. Wasn't perfect by any means as the pacing isn't always the best, some context is notably omitted or changed unnecessarily, and the animation isn't always top-tier at times, but it was a great package all in all.

I know the OVA in March is still a thing, but S2 can't come any sooner.
RyuseishunDec 19, 2021 12:28 PM
Dec 19, 2021 12:01 PM
Mar 2021
Can't wait for season 2. Hope this anime doesn't become like no game no life in a sense waiting for season 2 forever. Please studio bind let's have the season 2.
Dec 19, 2021 12:03 PM
May 2021
At the end of S1P1 I held off on calling this my favorite anime since it wasnt a conclusive end to the season (and little material to base that off of) but I can now saw without a doubt MT is my favorite anime. I need a S2 confirmation NOW!! Studio Bind was only created to make MT so I'm sure there will be more I just don't wanna wait. Can't believe parts1+2 were both this year. Not going to read the LN since I want to remain completely surprised w/ the anime. But all that aside, this is truly a fantastic anime and I can't wait for more :)
Dec 19, 2021 12:09 PM

May 2021
Great final episode! We got to see more of Rudeus's past and his parents seemed quite nice but I hated them bullies so much for embarrassing him like that. I'm not a big fan of Eris still, even if she left him to get stronger as she really did make his very depressed.
That flashback to Zenith saying she loved him was quite emotional and I really hope everything works out for him.

Looking forward to the next season whenever it comes out!!!!!
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 19, 2021 12:15 PM

Nov 2012
Another good season, now I'll left worried about the future seasons of this series.

Season 1 has alot of pre-production time (3 years to be exact) and had a capable ambitious team that very clearly cares alot about this show. It also had an anime producer that was willing to negotiate with the series' production committee so that the series was done right and not a cheap rushed mess like most modern isekai anime.

I'm kind of relieved they didn't announce S2 outright at the end of this episode. While I no doubt want a S2, I would vastly prefer if they get enough production time for it instead to do it right. Part 2 already lost some key staff that was involved in the first cour, the show still stayed consistent but time will be the most important factor in whether or not the following seasons maintain the standard Season 1 had. I can wait a few years for S2, I'm plenty patience and have a lifetime to wait.

Can only hope the series maintains steady success and profits so the production committee of the show doesn't cheap out and rush out S2 too quickly, ehich is far too common for sequels nowadays for popular franchises.
VanishingKiraDec 19, 2021 12:20 PM
Dec 19, 2021 12:26 PM

Sep 2012
Tylaen said:
Drimson said:

You'll have to quote me on a comment where I remark that such behavior doesn't exist but I'll leave you with this mantra of mine for next time.

If you can think of it, somebody has probably tried or done it.

Nah, I'm not saying you're denying the existence of such people. But for some reason you are extremely stuck to Rudy of the start of the series. And while it's hard to not find him absolutely disguisting and scummy (because he was, there's no denying it), it's also hard to ignore he had slow, but gradual development over the years of his second life. He still have flaws, but he's slowly trying to fix them, and it's interesting to see it.
Dec 19, 2021 12:35 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode and a very good one season finale.

First part is about Rudy being depressed and his recollection of the past in his life being a shut in, and being bullied back there in school. And anime orginal scene like Ruijerd helping others defeat monster and journey of Eris and Ghislaine.

The second part is about Roxy in demon continent where she meets Kishirika, that helps her the whereabouts of Rudeus family. She now knows that Rudy is safe and Zenith is in labyrinth city in the Begaritt continent. And some subtle foreshadowing in Zenith POV.

Then the episode ends on the three new character showed up. Then that one person know Rudeus and respects him. Overall a very good season throughout for MT season 1. Hyped for future seasons

Dec 19, 2021 12:38 PM

Apr 2020
Another good season with amazing animation and the same flaws as the first.
I still don't like Rudeus and Eris. 7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 19, 2021 12:39 PM
Aug 2020
this episode feels like watching the kids of house Stark going on their own journey and adventures. almost everyone is in separate places.
Dec 19, 2021 12:44 PM
Dec 2018
That was a great season. Possibly the best show of the year, with a great cast of characters. Rudeus still falls into many of the mistakes he made in his previous life but he has a 2nd chance and the people he has around him this time will help him. With Roxy and Sylphie looking for him and his mum giving him motivation, he can work things out this time. Hope there will be another season, this is one of the best shows out there for some time.
Dec 19, 2021 1:00 PM
Mar 2013
The best anime to end this year no doubt. 10/10.

I think every key character arc was concluded well - their motivations, current actions and growth.

Also, the ending makes me feel hopeful that Rudeus will be able to overcome any struggle he meets despite being solo as he overcame his past trauma to continue the quest to save his family.
Dec 19, 2021 1:01 PM

Apr 2015
Drimson said:
Nah, I'm not saying you're denying the existence of such people. But for some reason you are extremely stuck to Rudy of the start of the series.
At the start of the series Rudy did the following:

C1
- Sexually harass the female characters.
- Fap to a child
- Molested a child in her sleep and attempted to remove her panties.
- Tried to sleep with said child

C2
- Continued to sexually harass Eris in specific
- Continued to invade her privacy and pique on what is a minor.
- Had sex with said child. <--- This one just happened last episode.

I'd say I'm pretty well updated and his growth on this point is 0 maybe even -2 given he went from fapping to children to having sex with them. He's still a disgusting child molester.

And while it's hard to not find him absolutely disguisting and scummy (because he was, there's no denying it), it's also hard to ignore he had slow, but gradual development over the years of his second life. He still have flaws, but he's slowly trying to fix them, and it's interesting to see it.
He's fixing flaws unrelated to the one I'm giving him shit for.
TylaenDec 19, 2021 1:06 PM
Dec 19, 2021 1:03 PM
May 2021
Natsude_tanaka said:
ItsAssault said:
Everyone knows who the white haired person is...

is it the one that im thinking rn hahaha because its obvious in the way that person described rudy

If you really want to know
but am sure you know.
Dec 19, 2021 1:07 PM

May 2020
Kitsune_szn said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

is it the one that im thinking rn hahaha because its obvious in the way that person described rudy

but am sure you know.

imean i knew from that ep where eris grandpa dies
Dec 19, 2021 1:09 PM
May 2012
Tylaen said:

- Had sex with said child. <--- This one just happened last episode.

She was legal aged since episode 21 When ruijerd said she was a warrior.

Dec 19, 2021 1:10 PM
Dec 2007
Natsude_tanaka said:
Kitsune_szn said:

but am sure you know.

imean i knew from that ep where eris grandpa dies
Yeah, you're not supposed to though lol. It's...handled sort of weirdly in the books
Dec 19, 2021 1:15 PM

May 2016
What an episode can’t even start to explain how well the direction was in the finale.
the part about Zenith really was done in a great order and beautiful way.

I will start reading the LN, next season probably is a year away who knows maybe less or more for anyone interested Start reading from the beginning of Vol 7.

9/10
Dec 19, 2021 1:16 PM
Dec 2018
Rudeus is a child. He has memories of his past life but he's still a young boy and the way he cried when Eris left him shows that he cannot escape from the fact that he's a teenager in this world. Besides, what is he meant to do? Chase 30 year old women?

Similar scenario in the world's greatest assassin anime, he even says so, when he goes to the baths with Dia, his young body is conflicting with his mind and his memories. This controversy has been blown out of all proportion. Saying that, I believe that they could have made just as good a story without having a middle aged man reincarnate. Would have saved a lot of complaining.
Dec 19, 2021 1:21 PM
Mar 2021
I still have some gripes with how the show handled Rudeus' perv moments, although the statue thing with Zenoba was a neat bit of writing, never thought that would be plot relevant, the statue itself was kinda creepy.

BUT, this show contains some of the best worldbuilding, animation, music, editing, and character writing I've ever seen in an anime. and I mean, considering the horrible shit I tolerated in the Monogatari Series, this is nothing in comparison.
Probably giving the second cour a 9, but I have a feeling Studio Bind has a 10 season in them.

as for this last episode, it concludes a truly brilliant run of three episodes, a trilogy of episodes where Rudy is broken physically and mentally, and finally, remembering there are people that love him now, he's able to do what he couldn't in his former life, pick himself up after defeat, and take a step forward. This show has pretty profound meaning for anyone who has been severely depressed, isolated in their life. what this last episode hammers home is that Rudeus has had a huge positive impact on many people's lives, people care about him, and lying in bed wallowing in self-pity is no longer an option.

I also want to point out how the ED frames this part of Rudeus' journey as a remembrance, a book being read much later. There's this feeling that this was the end of Rudy's innocence, the first real chapter of his life, and he's going to remember and be profoundly influenced by the journey of Dead End until the day he dies. And he's not the only one influenced by it, because his actions create unforeseen ripples, consequences both positive and negative we probably won't see play out in the show for years. That's something I also appreciate about the show - actions have consequences, and no person is an island.

and there's something brilliant about this episode zooming out from Rudy and showing so many other characters - the show manages to be about him, without having the whole world completely revolve around him, and giving many, many characters their own interiority and agency. it's really a shame how many people will never get to see this because of, well, you know. Understandable, and I kind of blame the show a bit, although I also think there's an insanely moralistic way of viewing media that's taken hold especially with younger people, and it's actually pretty reactionary, even from "progressive" types. Media should do better, that's for sure, BUT condemning all media that fails in any way is fascistic. and people throughout the spectrum do this. I think if you love freedom, art, and basic human empathy, you have to accept the warts. Criticize, sure, but throwing the baby out with the bathwater is not just fascistic, but also immature and unrealistic. It's a twisted kind of idealistic absolutism. and I say this as a really morality-forward, judgmental person, lol. Mushoku Tensei has problems! It's problematic! And that's fine. It means some people are never going to be able to get into it, and that's okay. Where I have a problem is where those same people call anyone that likes it pedophiles, and makes the kind of ignorant statements about anime that I might have made when I was 20. I recognize too much of my stupid anime-disdaining past self. and tbh, it's also extremely racist to write off the entire medium of anime, isn't it? right?

sorry, I got carried away. but you get my point, right? My position is that Mushoku Tensei could have handled some of the uncomfortable moments better, and anyone that bails out because of those moments is valid in their choice, if that's not something they can stomach. But they have no right to judge anyone that can stomach it. but also that we that have stomached it should acknowledge the issues rather than pretending they're not there. It doesn't make Mushoku Tensei bad. In fact, you can see how much I praised it! It's just a big ugly wart on a pretty face, or a gouge in the most gorgeous tapestry you've ever seen.

frankly, though, that kind of problem makes it more interesting than an entirely tasteful, morally inoffensive work. It brings up a compelling conversation about how we depict degenerate behavior and thoughts, and it's very interesting how it exposes just how many people think we should simply bury it and pretend it doesn't exist. Or that there should be a Hay's Code (look it up) style moralistic judgment passed. While I don't think narratives should reward or valorize perverts, these people think perversion is IRREDEEMABLE. they would condemn everyone who doesn't conform, everyone who is flawed, to hell. That's the kind of interesting thinking Mushoku Tensei inadvertently exposes.
Dec 19, 2021 1:23 PM
Jan 2016
It has been a long journey, we've got a lot of amusing moments, and also some of sad moments!

But after how much pain i felt from the episode 11, i was curious and affraid at the same time about this last episode, but i think it was an awesome episode as the last one, this episode was truly the point where Rudeus developed more as a character! I kinda understand how Eris felt, but at same time it was a wrong way to act, specially what did she have to cut her hair! :( , but i am really happy that Rudeos managed to take a step and move forward, even alone!

Was really heartwarming to see every character that we've met in this long journey, i loved it!

I am looking forward to see where is Zenith, hope she is okay!

Roxy also learned where to look for Zenith, and i hope Roxy and Rudeus will meet soon!

Also seems Sylphie is good and safe even after that tragedy, curious to see more about her and her new comrades!

Obvious i am looking forward more in a 3rd season! I hope for it soon!

Without any doubt i is a 10 out of 10!
Dec 19, 2021 1:24 PM
Jun 2017
Tylaen said:
Comically evil kids are just a staple of anime, aren't they?

Comically evil? This level of bullying is a thing that actually happens in Japan. There was a case a few months ago of some girl being forced to walk around school naked.

And worse, the victims are often told to just tough it out, because of Japan's obsession with "not standing out," regardless of the reason.
Dec 19, 2021 1:31 PM

Aug 2020
Here we go, Rudeus trying to overcome his past again, thats only understandable. All things will come after you even if you have already dealt with it once, and this only came to mind when he was already depressed. Glad he got back in his feet again and seems determined all on his own. Season 2, we're waiting!!!
Dec 19, 2021 1:36 PM

Feb 2017
Very heavy and intense episode, remember where you come from and that you need to keep going even if it is very difficult.

What said in the image of the end in japanese, maybe a second season coming soon D:
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2021

310 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Yesterday, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

396 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

» Why does Ferry for Ruijerd cost so much?

delloskill - Apr 22

7 by Dan_ALves »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

» Some context for Eris's actions on the last episode (minor spoilers for the next episode)

Kitsune_089 - Dec 13, 2021

17 by Flaire0153 »»
Apr 21, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

468 by ionelHeredia »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.