Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2021 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, more innocent people caught in the chaos with the city under attack. Seriously, I feel like there's not a safe day in their timeline now.

A load for action both on ground and in the air. I'm underwhelmed by Amou's role this episode though. And oh man, Shion's cry at the end caught me off guard.
Nov 8, 2021 10:04 AM

Apr 2016
The two organisations waging war with each other, while civilians getting hurt ... honestly i was waiting for something like this to happen, the organisations that rule over Japan never struck me like they like each other either.

But the logic of that soldier in the "bunker" was kinda stupid ? "Don't leave or we shoot you", dude, then why you fucking protecting them in the first place. Also the final pilot is here, and her digimon AI thing is super cool lol.
Nov 8, 2021 10:27 AM

Jul 2017
The 3rd and final character to pilot the AMAIM is here: Shion, and her backstory of her family with her grandfather destroying his lifelong works of Himeno wares, and her resolution to help restore what they lost.

Both Amou and Gashin had their AMAIMs quite battered from last episode's fight with the Asian military from finding out Yatagarasu's base, and these boys have to fend for their own for the time being while staying low to avoid suspicion. A bit of a character time between the boys with the AIs goading for Gashin to open up, and treading along the Asian military's land to learn of Amou's popularity that comes with a burden of promise.

And as expected, the Oceania military one-ups the Asian military by doing a sneak attack while the latter wallows in Amou's words. Amou STILL has a lot to learn about espionage and his role of being a defector, and thank God for Gashin to show him the ropes, but still at the very least he's gotta step up his plate soon.

Even more ridiculous is the Asian military holding the Japanese people hostage and using them as tools of reasons to justify their cause. And Shion piloting the unidentified AMAIM Reiki with her AI Angelo against both Asian and Oceanian military, its capabilities far outstretch both Amou and Gashin's in speed and prowess.

That's how you make one hell of a first impression, and looking forward to more battles with all 3 AMAIM pilots finally gathered.
Nov 8, 2021 11:38 AM
Jan 2018
You can never underestimate how much better kicking ass makes a mecha show. Super Prototypes blowing stuff up is a big part of why we watch these kinds of shows.

In Gundam Wing, the mobile dolls were crafted into an enemy worth fearing. It meant when they showed up to the battlefield, shit got real. Especially when the protags got strong enough to make them fodder. In this show, all the mechs are mobile dolls. With one very obvious telegraphed exception. Maybe two, if you count discount Chars mech as well. It's not that impressive blowing up a bunch of weaklings. But this time it was more fun to watch than the stuff Amou and Co have been doing.

This episode literally acknowledges that people know Amou by his facial features. You can distort a lot on a electronic camera, but if things are distorted, why does the MC need to be warned to watch what he says? This is just poor storytelling.

Also, bloodthirsty soldier that is not actually a soldier is not very believable. It's like saying drone pilots in the real world host fight clubs because they are bored on the job. Maybe they do, but none of us are interested in watching them fight. The whole concept this show presents is very strange.

The smell joke followed by the shower joke were funny. And the dumb dandy was amusing. I think the show would be better if this girl said ridiculous things like Megumin. This show goes out of its way to be ridiculous and dumb, so an actually ridiculous character would spice this show up quite a bit. If anything, Megaton Musahi is a better show because it at least tries to acknowledge how ridiculous everything is. But mostly because it has fun having over the top characters.

I lowered my score on this anime to a 5. This episode was better than the last 3, but this show needs much more improvement before I could ever recommend it. It seems like a 24 to 26 episode show. Hopefully this show will somehow be better than build divers. Tho at the rate its currently going, its going to end up worse than that abomination of a show.

Can this show please stop beating around the bush and explain why everyone around the world needs to care about Japan? There is 0% chance a late stage reveal will make this story any better.
MFDOOMEDNov 8, 2021 11:42 AM
Nov 8, 2021 1:08 PM

May 2021
Great episode! We got to see Shion’s backstory here and the horrible thing that the military did to her grandfather’s building. We also got to see some nice AMAIM action this episode and I’ll say it once again-the AMAIM designs are really well done.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 8, 2021 2:05 PM
Oct 2021
Wonderful episode, and the action is getting better. The characters development in fantastic.
Nov 8, 2021 5:09 PM
Jul 2018
The city is receiving attacks and Shion demonstrated that it is strong, beating the other opponents, this ending gave an air of pleasantness.
Nov 8, 2021 5:24 PM

Jan 2011
part of me is glad this is targeted towards a more pg13 crowd because sunrise could have easily made this very brutal with both armies not caring about Civ lives in order to play on the public opinion of each other

nice bait with the new member's AI doing all the talking ,their super strong with just a Vibroblade-spear due to such insane mobility
also that reaction when she came out lol what
Nov 8, 2021 5:24 PM

Feb 2012
They may be kids, and getting more clothes might not be their top priority, but you think wanted terrorists would make an effort to disguise themselves? Gashin and Amou are eating out in restaurants and staying in hotels.

Gai can only do so much hacking to keep them undercover

Lazy ass Sunrise Beyond reusing Sunrise's plot for that train scene in Code Geass episode 4 and failed.
Fortress_MaximusNov 9, 2021 2:12 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 8, 2021 6:57 PM
Jun 2017
The 3rd pilot of AMAIM is here, and look how they have beaten those robots... and i just love that it can fly which gives advantage to other robots in the said series...
Nov 8, 2021 8:02 PM

Oct 2019
The Reiki has a badass design, but this episode did not do it justice at all. Shion dismembering Amaims with her heat-naginata should've been cooler, but most of the time, the action is just a bunch of still frames.The jumping and landing shots were fine, but the actual combat itself was bad. You can’t just show the buildup to a strike, and only follow up with the payoff; You have to show the impact! The weird thing is; that ⅓ of the time they do show impact, then they cut away too quickly before you can fully take in what happened. I looked back at the earlier episodes and they didn’t have these kinds of shots or editing, so I really hope that this style isn’t the norm going forward. Case in point, what should’ve been a cool debut and a standout moment left me disappointed.

The actual stuff about Shion’s granddad was pretty alright. Was a traditional ceramist, had his shop destroyed and finds no meaning in life, and Shion wants to bring it back. Cool, I’m down. I don’t know if I would've put that scene at the start of the episode specifically, but I’ll roll with it. And from the ending scene, I get the feeling she's going to be the eccentric one of the trio. I also liked that joke about Amou’s hairstyle. (On a personal note, his bangs look like they were glued to his forehead.)

At 9:02; Poverty?!? What poverty? That city looks pristine as hell. The smaller houses closest to the foreground just have a dark filter over them. And when they’re walking around the city, nothing looks damaged or worn down. You can’t just say something is the case and not show it in this kind of situation. (Again something Geass did way better 15 years prior)

Fuck, I don’t know what to think anymore. In the grand scheme of things, it could be worse. It could be Aldnoah or Valvrave.
GundamojoNov 9, 2021 5:39 PM
Nov 8, 2021 9:29 PM

Jun 2021
An OK episode.

The two of them sticking their robots in the bushes and saying that it's camouflaged was quite hilarious.

The mecha action scene was nice. Hopefully the story gets better.
Nov 8, 2021 11:35 PM
Apr 2008
How is the Heat blade (Naginata) of yellow AMAIM able to slice through enemy mobile suits like they are made up of butter? It not a beam weapon to do stuff like that.
Nov 11, 2021 12:55 PM

Jan 2012
The background music that plays at the beginning of the episode sounds extremely close to an American soulful rock song. The beat and melody come to my mind but I cannot think of the song. Does anyone know what I am talking about? This is driving me crazy.
Nov 14, 2021 3:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
As if invading wasn't enough the Asian's also want to take land from innocent people huh. Destroying the workshop was just uncalled for. After being in the field for so long it's no wonder they smell. The two being ridiculed by their AI's though was so funny. A alcohol shop is a perfect front for a helper though. Still seems the various powers were not strong enough allies to prevent them from attacking each other. The Oceanians way of war sure was reckless. Hacking the cells to guide people to safety sure was a nice move though. Reiki's entry on to the field sure was timely. Its speed and close combat prowess really is quite the potent combo. Shion's entry sure was unique huh. Overall a pretty nice ep that while featuring some nice action via the invasion also did well to showcase the conditions that the cities across Japan are currently in thanks to the invaders. Shion's unit would add a lot to the capabilities of the team for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2022 9:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm okay, now seems like we have the trio formed with that new pilot/AMAIM
Jun 24, 2023 6:05 PM

Jun 2015
Strategy and tactics? Nah, just throw an overpowered deus ex machina giant robot.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2021

25 by Deago »»
Jun 25, 2023 1:30 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2021

25 by Deago »»
Jun 24, 2023 5:33 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2021

34 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 5:44 PM

» Law of Barnabas ... What ? (Episode 2)

Musika - Jun 29, 2022

2 by Musika »»
Jun 30, 2022 8:41 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2021

34 by Valyrian1124 »»
Apr 15, 2022 1:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.