Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 7, 2021 6:45 AM

Jun 2019
So... as it seems Tanjiro is out of his slumber and it's finally time when Tanjiro sees who's the one who did all of that. Enmu who wanted to show nightmares to Tanjro realized that there's much more to his story than just putting him under sleep. Tanjiro had a special way to come out of sleep every time.

But, it will not be so easy for Tanjiro from here on out as things are about to get heated up. Definitely quite a few new cuts and some new lines in this episode that were not included in the movie. Good to see that. Preferred this version over the movie. It had more depth to it.
Nov 7, 2021 7:45 AM
Oct 2019
I believe this is the original version of the Arc. The movie is just the "cut or trimmed" version due to limited time slot of theater.

I hope people enjoy this version because it faithfully adapts the original manga. Gotouge explained the technique and reason clearly in this arc. Unfortunately, the movie cut those lines, so the story was not smooth.

Nov 7, 2021 8:15 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't like this 1st enemy much but damn the animation is sure great + the psychological moments
Nov 7, 2021 8:19 AM

Jul 2017
The differences between the movie and TV version:
- Tanjiro's subconscious self-suicide felt like 3 seconds longer than it is (NOT repeated cuts)
- Nemu's remote Blood Demon Art is explained in detail, whereas the movie left that out entirely

As faithful as the manga.
Nov 7, 2021 8:28 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as expected, mostly just as I remember it in the movie.

The amount of willpower and resolve Tanjiro shows by consistently killing himself as he gets put under the spell each time is absolutely incredible. Love the part where he exclaims that his family would never say the things the demon is making them say! Lot of trust there.

Inosuke with the fabulous entry. xD

KANLen09 said:
- Nemu's remote Blood Demon Art is explained in detail, whereas the movie left that out entirely

Interesting, I thought it was there or at least I remember understanding exactly what was going on. I guess it was just understood from context.
Nov 7, 2021 8:30 AM
Nov 2020
KANLen09 said:
- Tanjiro's subconscious self-suicide felt like 3 seconds longer than it is (NOT repeated cuts)

i don't really have time to watch the episode can u explain what got explained in detail
Nov 7, 2021 8:31 AM

Oct 2019
still don't know why they used such hideous cgi for the tentacles...
Nov 7, 2021 8:44 AM
Oct 2019
nabillkz5 said:
KANLen09 said:

i don't really have time to watch the episode can u explain what got explained in detail

Enmu said his attack was ranged attack, so it was hard to detect. When people recognize they are in the dreams, it is too late for the victims because they cannot escape that reality now. Although the attack is time-consuming, it is safer when dealing with a Pillar.

Another added scenes are the scenes when the boy with Tuberculosis was kicked out of Tanjiro's dream and one of the dwarf spirit followed him. The movie cut that scene. However, this TV version includes it. That scene is the key of how Tanjiro's personality can change people's mind.
Nov 7, 2021 9:11 AM
Dec 2020
More added scenes, I told everyone that was complaining that they would add stuff but they wanna be cry babies and miss out. silly boys.
some people...
Nov 7, 2021 9:18 AM
Oct 2016
Aside from the ending this part of the train arc is the most personal for me. Tanjiro breaking out of his dream and confronting Enmu seems like it would be the climax of this arc but we know that's not quite true. Tanjiro goes all out trying to take down Enmu on top of the train, which is a tough fight in the game too btw, using many of his breathing techniques. Enmu sending Tanjiro into the dream over and over just for Tanjiro to cut his neck each time is brutal. Tanjiro has such tenacity and grit to do that to himself over and over.

Followed up by Enmu sending Tanjiro to that horrible dream where his dead family guilt trips him. Its saddening to see, Tanjiro feels so bad about his family dying while he wasn't there and Enmu trying to exploit that is cruel. Tanjiro showing his rage and that he's not just a nice boi like people try to shoehorn him into being. Because when Tanjiro gets angry he gets angry!! Letting that rage flow with cutting Enmu head off. But its not that simple cause Enmu prepared just in case. Making his whole body into the train itself. Now he's a super boss but luckily boss Inosuke has awakened!
Nov 7, 2021 9:34 AM

Jul 2021
I loved all the new cuts and details, especially the new scene of Tanjiro waking himself up lmao, so much more intense
Nov 7, 2021 9:40 AM

Jan 2021
Tanjirou breaking the dream cycle while fighting the demon was one of my favorite parts in the movie and this episode

Nov 7, 2021 9:54 AM

Apr 2018
Well, I'm glad that they explained Enmu's remote control attack. It wasn't explained in the movie if my memory serves me right. Aside from that, everything was pretty much the same. The pysycological moments were great indeed, Tanjiro has a lot of willpower in order to commit suicide multiple times in his own dreams.

The after credit scenes with Inosuke were hilarious xD

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 7, 2021 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
I like this series as much as I liked the movie. Only 3 episodes left. I'm looking forward to a fully fledged second season. As for the episode, very cool.
removed-userNov 7, 2021 10:37 AM
Nov 7, 2021 10:46 AM

Jun 2014
For some reason I don't remember the fact that the movie didn't give a detailed explanation of Enmu's ability, it was something that I kinda just figured out by piecing context clues together. It's nice then that they included an explanation here. We're finally getting to the meat of this arc after all the setup/exposition/dream exploration, so I can't wait for the last 3 episodes of hype action.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 7, 2021 10:46 AM
Jul 2021
Man the animation is pretty amazing, I am not the hugest fan of the CGI even in this, but the waving of the clothes and even the clothes of the demons body that was lying there. To still have the demon's body clothes flapping in the wind, and just little details that other shows would just have be still in the background just shows how great they are and how much time they were willing to put into everything. I seriously hope they get over the President or whoever committing tax fraud or evasion, and they come back stronger than ever.

Between them, Bind, Mappa, and Madhouse, they are (to me absolutely) the best studios around, and I want them to GROW so big(with super talented staff) that they are doing the majority of big anime every season and we get less mediocre stuff like people like JC Staff does(sometimes, I've seen a thing or two that looked really good from them as well). Also hopefully Anime keeps growing and growing and with technology getting insane I hope we still haven't scratched the surface of what anime could look like.

Oh can't forget White 🦊 and 8-Bit, they have done some incredible stuff as well(and 8-Bits sound effects for slime are some of my favorite, especially the big Bass, I can't remember what it's called, the sounds that happen when like Gabiru slams into the ground or some other Rimuru stuff is sooo cool and I'd love to see more studios do that)
Nov 7, 2021 11:23 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Love the music and animation as always. Looking forward to the next episode!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 7, 2021 11:33 AM

Aug 2008
Oh... so the shit train snot monster CG remained. So they really just cut up the movie into episode pieces? So far I didn't notice anything added.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 7, 2021 12:20 PM

Jan 2015
Oh! They are actually adding some scenes so that it feels more coherent. Nice
Nov 7, 2021 3:59 PM

Aug 2020
Series rather than the movie. It shows a lot more information and little things to captivate you.

Tanjiro killing himself everytime he sleeps is very commendable. He's a grown ass man now. I can feel his love and passion for his family & to fight these demons.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 7, 2021 5:05 PM

Jun 2015
I feel like Inosuke woke up much faster than in the manga. It took a bit of the anxiety and cliffhanger but not complaining
Nov 7, 2021 7:24 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, i remember Enmu was not explaining his remote blood art that much on the movie. Some parts also don't much i remembering, but some people already pointing that out. So, this kinda okay to start the things again.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 7, 2021 7:27 PM
Nov 2016
Pretty nice episode, that added scene in the dream with the wisp saving the guy with Tuberculosis from the pitfall was pretty good.

And loli Nezuko is cute as always. So yeah, so far so good in these recap episodes.

The thing that really helped me enjoy the movie and these recap episodes is the lack of Zenitsu's screaming bullshitery because that shit ruins it for me, as long as Zenitsu is not screaming like a retard and acting like a pussy I'm cool with this anime.
Nov 7, 2021 7:43 PM
Oct 2021
if uve watched the movie then its really just like recapping what happened in it,,, really excited for the parts that werent covered in the movie tho hehe
why is it so common for students to go up to the school rooftops in animes-?
Nov 7, 2021 8:03 PM

Jul 2013
Even tho most people should have figured out by them self how Enmu's ability worked in the movie, it was nice that we actually got a detailed version about it with this episode, especially for the people who maybe didn't watch the movie.

The Tanjiro suicide part is still nuts to me, no matter how often I see it. And it's one thing to do it once, but he did it what, like 7 or 8 times? Holy shit. Like Enmu said, Tanjiro is insane lol.

Looking forward to the next episodes.

Nov 7, 2021 9:03 PM

Feb 2021
I like how they explained that how the tickets were used as a part of the blood demon art. As far as I remember they probably didn't explain this so properly in the movie.

I always get weirded out at the Tanjiro suicide scene. Dude has a lot of guts to do that.

I wonder why they didn't show Nezuko burning of Rengoku's string.

Inosuke's here!

I gotta say that its a great recap if you haven't re-watched the movie recently.

Nov 7, 2021 10:34 PM

Dec 2020
more addes scenes yess🔥🔥 not a Lot but still worth watching to me
Nov 8, 2021 1:04 AM
Oct 2011
So I had this question both when watching the movie, and now when watching this episode, but shouldn't Enmu not be allowed to say Muzan's name?
Nov 8, 2021 1:41 AM
Oct 2021
Great.The moment when Tanjiro said he wanted to stay in his dream as well made my cry, Nezuko was cute as ever and Inosuke's entry was lit as fire 🔥.
「あなたの夢をあきらめて死ぬ。」
Nov 8, 2021 2:30 AM

Jul 2016
Phantoken said:

To save money for the good stuff that is coming sooin.
Nov 8, 2021 2:52 AM

Apr 2021
This is where the original movie really got interesting....Good to see Inosuke in action there....And yep the remaining episodes are gonna be legit good :D
And why am I so addicted to the ending song!!!!
Nov 8, 2021 3:13 AM

Oct 2019
Vindicater said:
Phantoken said:

To save money for the good stuff that is coming sooin.

I’ve watched the movie and it was the same ugly shit. Why should they be saving money when they had movie budget?
Nov 8, 2021 6:08 AM

Jun 2016
even if this recap of movie , still worthed to rewatched
Nov 8, 2021 7:29 AM
Oct 2019
The viewer rating for Episode 4 was 6.4%.
https://mantan-web.jp/article/20211108dog00m200004000c.html
It is pretty high for a late time show on Sunday night. However, it is lower than previous episodes of the Arc.
Nov 8, 2021 7:47 AM

May 2015
LORD INOSKUE IS BACK!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 8, 2021 7:56 AM
Oct 2019
Yeah some additional scene during Tanjiro Suicide and the Ticket Demon Technique was explained.

Welp here comes the part i hate, the CGI Tentacles lmao
Nov 8, 2021 8:46 AM

Nov 2013
lol those 2 dreams were nothing compared to the other 2, this was literally 10 seconds of them chasing the enemies around and cutting them haha
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 8, 2021 6:48 PM

Oct 2008
no matter how many times i watch this! it really gets me pumped-up!
5/5.

Nov 9, 2021 2:03 AM

Oct 2016
Even though I already watched the movie, that part when Tanjiro got angry because the image of his family was insulted still gives me chills, what a great scene.
Nov 9, 2021 5:31 AM
May 2021
Honestly, this episode got nothing new besides the movie. That actually disappoints me :(
That's why I gave 3/5. 3 only for Nezuko's cutenessssss
Nov 9, 2021 9:00 PM

Mar 2019
Rating: EE (Emotive & Epic).... 10/5.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 10, 2021 12:23 AM

Dec 2018
They added another scene in the TV series, I wondered if they add Enmu past...
Or the creator was never told about Enmu past at all in the manga...??

Nov 11, 2021 4:52 PM
Nov 2016
Nikmomo93 said:
They added another scene in the TV series, I wondered if they add Enmu past...
Or the creator was never told about Enmu past at all in the manga...??

God I hope not, I really dislike how the anime always try to force a flashback on demons, I personally never cared about any of the demons so far so a flashback on this train demon will only annoy me. I won't mind a flashback on an important demon or something but not on a crappy demon like this one.

I don't mind these 7 episodes adding additional scenes but I really hope those additional scenes doesn't involve another boring flashback from the demons but that's just my opinion.
Nov 21, 2021 12:19 PM

Oct 2013
Ayo, why Enmu could mention Muzan's name while talking and wasn't punished by the curse? Is it because he had been granted with huge amount of Muzan's blood?

That scene with Tanjiro presumably decapitating Enmu, while yelling about how his family would never say such words to him as were present in a short dream generated by Enmu's power, was simply fantastic.

Phantoken said:

I know right. After hearing that those tentacles' look wasn't fixed in Blu-ray release of the movie, I didn't have any hopes for it to be fixed in TV series. Still, it's a shame that Enmu's tentacles' CGI looked that bad if compared to other CGI elements used in KnY. Let's not forget that CGI in KnY is top-tier. That's why it was very surprising for me to see those tentacles looking that much bad and standing out in a negstive way.
Nov 21, 2021 7:50 PM

Jun 2020
Nothing much changed from an obvious stand point I still liked the scenes from the movie up to here just the animation quality itself and the rush to kill the remaining demons.
Dec 2, 2021 2:44 AM

Aug 2021
I liked their fights in the movie and series as well
Animation's great as always
Dec 12, 2021 8:21 AM

Mar 2010
Same As I remember but why does it feel longer... like the movie felt more fluid.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 31, 2021 10:16 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That was a great display of Tanjuro's resolve.
Jan 14, 2022 10:38 PM

Aug 2018
Ok, now the part against the train.
It's going to be great.
Feb 1, 2022 12:14 AM

Mar 2015
Nezuko is so cuuuute
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Oct 10, 2021

172 by instantzoso »»
Mar 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 28, 2021

161 by ReikkaLord »»
Feb 21, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Oct 17, 2021

79 by TaigaDominatesMe »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 21, 2021

58 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 14, 2021

54 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.