Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 14, 2021 6:45 AM

Jun 2019
Now that the demon has become one with Train's body, there's no way to fight it other than finding his neck and slashing it. But, the good thing is everyone has gotten up from their dream and they all are doing their best to protect the people on the train while Inosuke and Tanjiro are looking for the demon's head.

But, yeah this episode was the same as the movie. I didn't notice many new scenes and cuts this time around aside from the ones from Nezuko's fight scene. I might be wrong tho.
Nov 14, 2021 8:09 AM
Oct 2016
Kind of an abrupt ending to this episode right after the train derailed but that's what you get with cutting a movie into tv sized episodes. Some of them aren't gonna end at the most coherent spots. But this episode does bring us to the part of the movie where Tanjiro and Inosuke get their awesome team up to defeat Enmu in his train form. Inosuke being sort of a cheat code since him wearing that mask Enmu doesn't know where he's really looking and can't put him to sleep with his eyes. Rengoku wakes up from his sleep and begins to help stop Enmu from hurting the train passengers in most of the train cars. While both Nezuko and Zenitsu are covering the remaining train cars. Nezuko fight scene got a little extended in this episode compared to the movie which is nice. All leading to that crazy free fall action scene where Tanjiro and Inosuke go right for Enmu neck buried at the front of the train. Finally severing it and killing him.
Nov 14, 2021 8:11 AM

Jul 2017
Last episode I've missed one huge animation change: the "depths of the abyss" in Tanjiro's subconscious.

Movie to TV differences:
- The post-opening 30 seconds has Tanjirou and Inosuke's dialogue shuffled around, no new cuts
- Nezuko's train fight scenes, new animation cuts for 10 secs
- Halfway-mark, new brief (not animation) cuts (from different angles)
- The Mugen Train crashing scene just before the credits is all new
Nov 14, 2021 8:11 AM
May 2021
Nezuko's giant butt chin...we finally received a new scene since the first and only original episode in this arc aired. 🤣
XO2HKIMNov 14, 2021 8:23 AM
Nov 14, 2021 8:14 AM

Dec 2014
Rather abrupt ending but this part of the movie just keeps going non-stop that there isn't really a good place to call an episode end I guess.

Nevertheless, fantastic episode as expected.

Zenitsu entry sequence was absolutely crazy and Rengoku's entry sequence with the fire around the train is just cool as heck.
Fight sequences are just awesome, Inosuke and Tanjiro working together was great especially the parts where Inosuke stops Tanjiro from killing himself in reality and the final combo attack with Hinokami Kagura.

Next episode, "Akaza". Here we go! This is gonna be crazy.

Tanjiro, what kind of cursed dream was in that post credit sequence? xD
Nov 14, 2021 9:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lmao distorted Nezuko during Tanjiro dream at the end xD that was a nice way to end the episode
Nov 14, 2021 9:21 AM
Jul 2021
Anyone else think the OP well the music is mid compared to the first season? I really hope we get some great music coming soon too, that song from episode 19 I still can feel that emotion whenever I hear it(11/10 episode, one of my favorite episodes of anything ever) But I hope they change the theme for the next arc, seriously I can't wait for that. I'm watching these but it's not the same since it's just the movie stretched out just like how I felt with DB Super. Still good but not exciting. Few more weeks.

Seriously I LOVE Zenitsu man, I guess I can understand how some people can be bothered by him when he gets obnoxious, but he's great and I hope he gets a happy ending with confidence in his abilities before the end. Btw. Wtf is up with Rengoku?? They are up against one of THE 12 Kizuki and you send a level ONE(or whatever he is, very low) Demon Slayers to go fight him, while you fight the shrubbery in the back?? You'd think he would go fight the big bad boss, but I guess it's so the movie can happen lol, but very irresponsible Mr Rengoku-san
DKDiabloLichtNov 14, 2021 9:26 AM
Nov 14, 2021 9:46 AM

Jun 2014
Man I love Zenitsu, even though that moment when he shows up to protect Nezuko is the only action he sees in this arc, I just love how he always comes through in the clutch when it matters. Also wtf was that post-ED scene with swole Nezuko 💀

Nothing much else to say about this episode since it was, again, mostly the same as the movie. But next episode, it's THE BOY!!!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 14, 2021 10:20 AM

May 2015
Nezuko at the end give me nightmare. :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 14, 2021 10:48 AM
Jun 2021
It was amazing as always there was new cuts here and there but next episode is

AKAZA

I can't wait to see him again
Nov 14, 2021 11:04 AM

Jan 2009
they made Nezuko a Jojo damn lol

Akaza is next episode
Nov 14, 2021 12:45 PM
Jul 2020
Briefly, I expected to see more of the "how each one woke up from their dream."
According to the movie, Zenitsu never woke up, but still did not explain how he still move. I hoped to learn more about how he can literally become stronger by being unconscious.

We also never saw or got explained how Rengoku nor Inosuke wake up, which was kinda disappointing for me. I really hoped the series would show it.
Nov 14, 2021 12:52 PM
Jul 2020
DKDiabloLicht said:
Btw. Wtf is up with Rengoku?? They are up against one of THE 12 Kizuki and you send a level ONE(or whatever he is, very low) Demon Slayers to go fight him, while you fight the shrubbery in the back?? You'd think he would go fight the big bad boss, but I guess it's so the movie can happen lol, but very irresponsible Mr Rengoku-san

My interpretation is that he thought that his skills would be better used at protecting the passengers in those 5 rear carts. As he passed by Zenitsu and Nezuko, believe he let one of them know the plan as well (either on his way to Tanjiro or on his way to the five rear carts). He was trusting 2 "rank 4 swordsmen" to handle it (according to the manga, they had earned this rank a while back, according to Zenitsu in the Entertainment District arc) afterall.
Nov 14, 2021 12:56 PM
Jul 2021
AlcayWarrior008 said:
DKDiabloLicht said:
Btw. Wtf is up with Rengoku?? They are up against one of THE 12 Kizuki and you send a level ONE(or whatever he is, very low) Demon Slayers to go fight him, while you fight the shrubbery in the back?? You'd think he would go fight the big bad boss, but I guess it's so the movie can happen lol, but very irresponsible Mr Rengoku-san

My interpretation is that he thought that his skills would be better used at protecting the passengers in those 5 rear carts. As he passed by Zenitsu and Nezuko, believe he let one of them know the plan as well (either on his way to Tanjiro or on his way to the five rear carts). He was trusting 2 "rank 4 swordsmen" to handle it (according to the manga, they had earned this rank a while back, according to Zenitsu in the Entertainment District arc) afterall.

Yeah but I just think even at that rank they shouldn't (at least I would think) be strong enough to handle most of the 12 Kizuki, at least the upper ranks. But actually they don't know for sure it is one of them at that point do they? So yeah if that's true then I definitely get it. Also I was just thinking how the hell did Inosuke learn how to do all the stuff he can do 'Self Taught' that's so crazy that he's able to do all that with no master. I can't wait to see how far he can develop now that he's been training under Hashira or people who have been trained by them.
Nov 14, 2021 1:04 PM
Jul 2020
DKDiabloLicht said:
AlcayWarrior008 said:

Yeah but I just think even at that rank they shouldn't (at least I would think) be strong enough to handle most of the 12 Kizuki, at least the upper ranks. But actually they don't know for sure it is one of them at that point do they? So yeah if that's true then I definitely get it. Also I was just thinking how the hell did Inosuke learn how to do all the stuff he can do 'Self Taught' that's so crazy that he's able to do all that with no master. I can't wait to see how far he can develop now that he's been training under Hashira or people who have been trained by them.

Well, yeah they wouldn't be able to "handle the UPPER ranks," like you said. But they are not fighting the upper ranks, are they? They are fighting the Lower One Kizuki. For scale, Akaza (the Demon at the end of the episode) is the Upper Three Kizuki and the next arc will have the Upper Six. Tanjiro has seen the face of the demon, so he tecnically knows who they are fighting. He just didn't get the chance to tell Rengoku.

It IS crazy that Inosuke can do all that, but he's just that talented and grew up in the wild, where he had to learn how to fight and hunt fast or starve. I guess this is what feral childhood gets you in this series. Would love for Inosuke to get trained by a Hashira; I wonder who would take him, though
Nov 14, 2021 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
The last scene after ending make me laugh lmao Imagine that Nezuko from the credits is the real Nezuko
Nov 14, 2021 2:03 PM

Apr 2018
Zenitsu and Rengoku flashing around the train is just epic stuff.
The Nezuko fight scene was new, that was pretty good.
The real stuff is starting next episode.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 14, 2021 3:26 PM

Aug 2020
Zenitsu saving Nezuko & passengers from the demon attack was hella awesome. Even the small scene made me laugh. Tanjiro and Inosuke did it! They finally cut the neck letsgoo. Rengoku is as cool & passionate as always. Series > movie

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 14, 2021 5:35 PM

Jun 2015
Ashhk said:
Lmao distorted Nezuko during Tanjiro dream at the end xD that was a nice way to end the episode

Thank the manga extras for that haha
Nov 14, 2021 5:37 PM

Jun 2015
LMAO, they really put the butt-chin Nezuko omake in the anime. Worthy
Nov 14, 2021 7:47 PM
Oct 2016
Nezuko got hella swol!!

Nov 14, 2021 7:49 PM
Oct 2016
DKDiabloLicht said:
AlcayWarrior008 said:

Rengoku could cover the most ground, aka the train cars, so he took the tough job of covering the civilians.
Nov 14, 2021 11:09 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, butt chin Nezuko and her muscular body like that actually not that bad. Tanjirou just overreacting it xd. As expected the action scenes still great as i remember. But damn, the cliffhanger really a tough decision on this one. 2 more episodes before entering the real new arc.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 15, 2021 2:29 AM

Oct 2010
glad we finished fighting the lame demon, next episodes are going to be wild
Nov 15, 2021 4:55 AM

Jul 2016
mohsen007111 said:
It was amazing as always there was new cuts here and there but next episode is

AKAZA

I can't wait to see him again

And now we enter the in super badass moments.
Nov 15, 2021 4:54 PM
Nov 2016
It was a nice episode but it had way too many CGI with that demonized train and the CGI was not even good, it was on the mediocre side this time.

Oh well, not everything will be perfect in Demon Slayer when it comes to animation.

DKDiabloLicht said:
Seriously I LOVE Zenitsu man, I guess I can understand how some people can be bothered by him when he gets obnoxious

Zenitsu is only cool when he's asleep, I'm a Zenitsu hater but I absolutely loved Zenitsu in this episode since he was being a total badass and not a screaming pussy like he always is.
Nov 15, 2021 11:58 PM

Oct 2008
very nice Tanjirou and Inosuke assist!
Nezuko action was also a treat!! and so was the butt-chin at the last part!
5/5.

Nov 16, 2021 4:38 AM

Oct 2016
That post credit scene was fucking hilarious lmao. Was worth watching the movie again in tv form just for butt-chin Nezuko.
Nov 16, 2021 5:15 AM
Oct 2019
Action Packed Episode..
Same weird CGI but of course they aren't gonna changed it.
Nezuko fight scene was new isn't it?

Bruh the After Credit scene was Hilarious.
This episode was really worth just for the Buff Double Butt Chin Nezuko?
That's definitely a Nightmare.
Paying homage to double butt chin from OPM and Mob Psycho i see. lmao

I really hope they make Akaza vs Rengoku fight last for the next two episodes, definitely we gonna get more new cut in this epic fight.
davidyodo24Nov 16, 2021 5:18 AM
Nov 16, 2021 7:52 AM

Dec 2008
Wasn't as cool as the other episodes, but the plot of this arc probably a bit thin.
purple CGI slime isn't the best antagonist in this anime ^^
Inosuke was nice to watch, not completely fighting by instinct suits him better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2021 6:53 AM

Jul 2021
Now that everyone is awake, I can't wait for the next episode.
asdasdsadad
Nov 17, 2021 6:57 AM

Jan 2021
Dukino said:
Nezuko got hella swol!!

This reminded me of nendou from saiki k for some reasons.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 18, 2021 2:15 PM

May 2010
So much bad GCI....
I am not really enjoying this series to be honest.
Really reget not watching the movie instead as that seems to be held in really high regard.
Nov 20, 2021 12:17 PM

May 2011
gubruikertje said:
So much bad GCI....
I am not really enjoying this series to be honest.
Really reget not watching the movie instead as that seems to be held in really high regard.

Ugh... The CGI is the same. However, other aspects of the movie make up for it.
Nov 20, 2021 8:56 PM
Oct 2021
Jojo Nezuko at the end though ... 😂😂
「あなたの夢をあきらめて死ぬ。」
Nov 21, 2021 3:47 AM

Apr 2021
Well they did it.....And yeah I still remember this awesome scene :
Nov 21, 2021 12:53 PM

Oct 2013
Oof, so Inosuke was right - that train is indeed a monster! (just it wasn't back when they entered the train haha)

Tanjiro's nightmare in that "extra scene" after the episode has ended was hilarious as heck. xD

Next episode: Akaza!
Nov 21, 2021 7:52 PM

Jun 2020
You can tell the action is pacing up here catching up to the main climax of this arc and I'm pretty much excited for it, Okay damn Nezuko is one hella giant in this preview which was not in the movie obviously kind of amusing to see though, Yes pet Nezuko more Tanjiro I mean it to release your nightmares.
Nov 23, 2021 8:49 PM

Feb 2021
Well, they finally defeated Lower Moon 1 Enmu.

The taisho era secret/ preview part with buff Nezuko is some cursed shit ngl. That 'thing' is nightmare fuel lol.

Looks like the next episode is when my boi Akaza will appear and shit's about to go down.

Dec 4, 2021 1:09 AM
Sep 2020
This is my favorite episode after the first ,just because zenitsu gets his screen time😂
Dec 27, 2021 10:26 AM

Mar 2010
Just as fun as I remember it.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 31, 2021 10:23 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That was a breath taking combo.
Jan 14, 2022 11:00 PM

Aug 2018
This whole part is great. Now...here comes the thing....
PS: WTF the last part xD
Feb 1, 2022 12:15 AM

Mar 2015
One hell of a combo, glad to see Tanjiro have such great nakama
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 25, 2022 9:02 PM

Nov 2010
That muscular Nezuko in the end was funny.
Sep 12, 2022 10:36 AM
Mar 2015
I'm sure an excellent fighter like Tanjiro has dozens of ways to save Piggy from a normal human without making himself a meat shield... anyway this is typically anime
Dec 6, 2022 12:23 PM
Dec 2022
nice plot, very entertaining
Dec 25, 2022 2:56 PM

Mar 2019
And they did it! This is what I don't like about they did with this demon. The idea of at least giving people a "good death" was interesting, but of course every demon needs to do bad things so apparently he shows his victims nightmares right after those happy dreams and only after that nightmare, they get killed. It feels too much like a way to make him not a bit likable. It's weird coming from this when Rui was the opposite.

Anyway, the good part is here now!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 9, 2023 3:43 PM
Sep 2015
que narrativa fraca.
Tanjiro é 10 vezes mais rápido e mais forte do que um humano comum, e mesmo assim ele é esfaqueado.
ai ai
Jan 25, 2023 1:01 AM
Jun 2013
Hell of an action packed episode with rengoku showing how God like he is.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Oct 10, 2021

172 by instantzoso »»
Mar 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 28, 2021

161 by ReikkaLord »»
Feb 21, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Oct 17, 2021

79 by TaigaDominatesMe »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 21, 2021

58 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 7, 2021

59 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.