Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mieruko-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 8, 2021 2:24 AM

Apr 2020
Say cheese! Hana got a nice angle lmao.
Nov 8, 2021 3:05 AM

Dec 2018
Not bad, I expected this shrine episode before~
Next episode's going to be good too I guess...

Nov 8, 2021 3:27 AM

Apr 2014
"Let me out" ghost is like when a fly cant figure out that a window is open and it just keeps slamming into the closed part.

Like as soon as the cashier opens the case to get the case, lil ghosty could get right out. But he wont, because his dumb little fly brain cant figure it out.
Nov 8, 2021 4:03 AM
Apr 2021
miros said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Damn, that spirit was a crafty monstrous one. I did not expect to fry the other spirits on Hana's aura and eat them. Heaven's forbid other spirits learn the delicacy of cooked meals. xD

Well, Miko that was quite the spectacle you got to watch. Who needs Ghibli films when you can watch a full on action movie spectacle right in front of you?
Can someone give some background on what the fox spirit meant by "Three times"? I assumed it wanted Miko to give either three times the offering or ring the bell thrice or something but the episode kinda just ended there.

Great episode on the whole, every week I love the OP more and more.

Can't really say anything about it because it'll a MAJOR spoiler

I'm actually really curious about it. But if it will be a major spoiler i think i won't search it up. Don't wanna disturb the curiosity that makes me waiting for the next epsiode.
Nov 8, 2021 5:48 AM
Oct 2019
lmao Hanna was basically Walking Stove? what a nice barbeque session

i love how Hanna talking about Studio Mibli Movies and in the background there is a Huge Boss Battle lol

End Credit Scene Explained.
I knew it, there was something fishy at the Cake Shop.
davidyodo24Nov 8, 2021 5:53 AM
Nov 8, 2021 6:17 AM

Jul 2014
Oh, so we've made it to the shrine already then. Interesting, very interesting. And credit where it's due, that whole scene was executed more or less perfectly and I like how they made the difference between the kitsune and the usual spirits Miko sees.

I'm very curious just how far this is going to get now, as
. Can the show get that far in its remaining six episodes, or is that going to be pushing the pacing too far?
Nov 8, 2021 6:21 AM
Oct 2020
This episode opened so many doors for the series! I wonder if those spirits will have any weight on the main character so far as a way to counter the spirits. The scene where the 2 smaller spirits defeated the big one was better animation that most of the shows that are out right now
Nov 8, 2021 7:14 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fucking shit. Really good episode! I heard the episodic-ish episodes ends with this one, so I am excited for that plot to kick in.

That ghost really used Hana as a frying pan lmao. Hana is really fucking brave though to be going inside haunted buildings, but it's really sweet how she saved the doggo for the kid. I wonder what would've happened if Hana did not have the strong aura she has. Well, I guess Hana wouldn't be Hana if she doesn't have the strong aura.

That fight between those fox(?) spirits and the evolving ghost was pretty sick, Miko's reactions are gold. It's amazing how they can make the scene comedic, but still be scary and tense as shit. Curious what three times meant. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 8, 2021 7:18 AM
Sep 2016
Hana's house's light start's flickering. It's hunting! Light up the smudge sticks!
Goddamn, the shrine scene is SO MUCH better in animation format! Good job Passione!
So next EP is
, I guess?
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Nov 8, 2021 7:39 AM
Aug 2021
Bro I fucking love the animation of this show it looks so good
Nov 8, 2021 12:36 PM

Sep 2016
The shrine part is done very well. I’m glad the anime know when to put more effort.
Nov 8, 2021 1:14 PM
Jan 2015
this Episode convinced me to read the manga. loved the shrine guardians
Nov 8, 2021 1:18 PM
Jan 2015
sKyBlazer08 said:
Holy fucking shit. Really good episode! I heard the episodic-ish episodes ends with this one, so I am excited for that plot to kick in.

That ghost really used Hana as a frying pan lmao. Hana is really fucking brave though to be going inside haunted buildings, but it's really sweet how she saved the doggo for the kid. I wonder what would've happened if Hana did not have the strong aura she has. Well, I guess Hana wouldn't be Hana if she doesn't have the strong aura.

That fight between those fox(?) spirits and the evolving ghost was pretty sick, Miko's reactions are gold. It's amazing how they can make the scene comedic, but still be scary and tense as shit. Curious what three times meant. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Can only save her 3 more times???
Nov 8, 2021 4:43 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! CLAP CLAP CLAP! EPIC EPISODE!!!
that hugeass stalker spirit monstah is just making Hana a toaster for small ones!
damn! Hana's a glutton and a total absolute zero affinity! and her barrier is one of a kind!
that last part was an awesome spirit battlefield sakuga sealing efforts of those fox-like spirit gods of that respective shrine! good thing Miko-chan offered 500-yen! next time she should offer 1k-yen!
5/5!!!

Nov 8, 2021 6:19 PM
Feb 2018
The big white ghost wants to eat miko !!!!
Nov 8, 2021 6:20 PM
Feb 2018
mate102102 said:
Everyone is talking about Ghibli references, but do you think that the 5 yen coin was a Noragami reference?

S3 confirmed???
Hahaha
Nov 8, 2021 6:52 PM

Jul 2016
What the hell...? Someone please call the Jujutsu sorcerers already!

Second good episode in a row. Glad we got some plot progression and practically zero fanservice that could ruin scenes.

By the way, big evil spectre using Hana's boobs as frying pan for little spirits was bizarre asf.
Nov 8, 2021 8:11 PM
Feb 2018
uncleqrow said:
Hana's house's light start's flickering. It's hunting! Light up the smudge sticks!
Goddamn, the shrine scene is SO MUCH better in animation format! Good job Passione!
So next EP is
, I guess?

Wow i hope so, i want to see him in anime, he is so cool and super badass !!!
Nov 8, 2021 8:14 PM
Feb 2018
GakutoDeathGlare said:
That was the best episode yet, loved those creatures (spirits?, gods?)at the shrine.

Wow you are actually like this anime
That's why i dont see any hate forums here like you did in other anime
Nov 8, 2021 8:47 PM

Mar 2021
this episode is great and that ghost/spirit is terrifying af
🐐

Nov 8, 2021 9:06 PM
Nov 2010
firstawa said:
mate102102 said:
Everyone is talking about Ghibli references, but do you think that the 5 yen coin was a Noragami reference?

S3 confirmed???
Hahaha

That is common amount for all shrine visit. not a reference
Nov 8, 2021 11:57 PM

Jul 2021
at 4:23 : hana 's pajama has a flower pattern because hana = flower in japanese language .

at 7:31 : at 1st , i thought there was some human r@pists inside the abandoned building , and they used the brat as bait to lure innocent girls inside the building , lol .

at 11:6 : the dog 's face is so creepy .

even among ghosts , it is : survival of the fittest . the weak are meat , the strong do eat . eat or be eaten . the big ghost ate all the ghosts in the building and it evolves more bigger .

at 15:44 , some parodies of :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Ghibli

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Neighbors_the_Yamadas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Neighbor_Totoro

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susuwatari

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Mononoke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirited_Away

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cat_Returns

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Nov 9, 2021 1:07 AM

Dec 2017
6 episodes to get to the temple chapter, I feel a little sorry for those who stopped watching the anime because of the fanservice of the first episodes. I love Hana's "passive ability" and how it could affect the days of Miko and the ghosts.

As always, it is a shame that Miko's suffering is not so well captured by everything she sees.

Nov 9, 2021 1:18 AM

Dec 2008
Hahaha, Hana getting the ugliest monster spirit attached to her.
It seemed to be ready to protect her from every other spirit though.
She thought the house was scary, but she didn't see the thing following her.

Miku really overreacted, that spirit didn't even talk, so far I would say the monster in her kitchen was the most scary fellow. Although so far it seems as if the spirits can't harm anyone.

The idea with the shrine was great, it was a little rundown and dirty there,
but at least protected by some good spirits, for a second I thought the evil spirit would win. But I think at that place the good spirits are invincible at least.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2021 2:25 AM
Sep 2016
Atavistic said:
Oh, so we've made it to the shrine already then. Interesting, very interesting. And credit where it's due, that whole scene was executed more or less perfectly and I like how they made the difference between the kitsune and the usual spirits Miko sees.

I'm very curious just how far this is going to get now, as
. Can the show get that far in its remaining six episodes, or is that going to be pushing the pacing too far?

I don't think it will go so far.

I think season 1 will end with
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Nov 9, 2021 5:38 AM

Dec 2016
It was nice to see a Hana focused episode. This made me like Hana more, she's so kind and adorable.

These ghosts are getting more creepy. I wonder if there will come a time that will make Miko react noticeably loudly.

It was a good thing Miko chose to visit a shrine. I guess those were Kitsune and guardian spirits who exorcised that ghost. And by that 3 times I guess they probably meant that they're gonna help Miko only 3 more times or something...

The after credits scene was hilarious XD
Nov 9, 2021 8:07 AM
May 2021
I love that scared miko voice and eye, very natural, and that lamp blinking scene was smooth af
Nov 9, 2021 4:55 PM
Jun 2014
I was looking forward to this part since the anime was announced. It was done well in my opinion, and I can't wait to see what's coming up for the rest of the season.
Nov 9, 2021 8:18 PM

Apr 2018
Damn those 3 beings were really powerful I wonder what they mean by Three Times.
Nov 9, 2021 10:45 PM

Jan 2020
All I can assume is that now Miko's latent powers have been awakened and she's gonna start fucking shit up.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 10, 2021 12:52 AM
Oct 2021
The way Miko reloaded her aura by eating xDD
Nov 10, 2021 6:06 AM
Mar 2012
cool worldbuilding on the spirit side.
Holy hot grill fueled by desserts wat even.
Miko did pay a lot for her prayer, tho that fox gods fight pretty savage, and look nothing like Senko-san.
gophercgNov 10, 2021 5:21 PM
Nov 10, 2021 6:22 AM

May 2009

Manga did it better. I don't get they didn't make Miko as scared as she was originally
Nov 10, 2021 11:06 AM
Mar 2021
It turns out that if nothing happens for 5 episodes it's pretty cool when something actually happens, no matter what it is.
Nov 11, 2021 6:06 AM
Jul 2018
bastek66 said:

Manga did it better. I don't get they didn't make Miko as scared as she was originally

yeah, im not a big fan of the anime so far but i dont understand how they could possibly get the best panel in the chapter so wrong. the bright gold lights covering the entire photo was a horrible addition, and miko looking much more composed just makes no sense.
Nov 11, 2021 10:38 AM

Feb 2007
For all your ghost barbecue needs, try our new Hana!

And never mess with Inari.
luinthoronNov 11, 2021 10:43 AM
Nov 12, 2021 9:19 AM
Jul 2019
While this is still a fun watch, the plot is just not moving forward. Nothing has happened ever since the first episode. Every episode is fun but it plays more of a quick sketch of Miko's encounter with a new ghost rather than actual story moving forward.
Nov 13, 2021 3:47 PM

Feb 2014
Well, those spirits are definitely raising some questions.
Nov 13, 2021 7:26 PM

Mar 2012
Hana focused episode for the 1st part, I really like it. Such a nice character. Her energy is so strong that minor spirits are burned ohh. Also I really like the bonus parts where they show us what Miko sees, so there were spirits with the cakes lol TT

The God(?) being and the shrine guardians helped Miko with that scary looking spirit but "Thrice" I wonder what it did to her
Nov 13, 2021 8:13 PM

Aug 2017
Dang that was an epic battle.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Nov 14, 2021 4:45 AM

Apr 2021
those ghosts have to eat other ghosts as long as they live? It's quite interesting ghosts use Hana to eat other little ghosts lol. It looks like Korean barbecue lol
Nov 15, 2021 6:40 PM

Mar 2008
Hana looks better with messy hair.

That lucky little spirit getting to die by some hot oppai.

I'm assuming that god or whatever it was told Miko she gets two more times it will come save her?
Nov 15, 2021 7:22 PM

Jan 2013
What an insane episode this was! Holy hell! I am glad there is also some good in this world, not only bad. I do wonder what those creatures/spirits told her.

That selfie will kill her will to take selfies lmao
Also, that ending explains it all xD

Also, Hana's protection is insane, i do wonder if they will explain the reason but can't wait for next episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 27, 2021 4:16 PM

Mar 2010
That battle was quite interesting, damn twould be cool if Mieruko could summon them at will. Who knows what will happen. But damn that blonde bimbo is just too fucking amazing.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 8, 2021 10:11 AM

Jun 2015
was this thing using Hana as a toaster? lol or perhaps it was doing this to get some of Hana's spiritual power along with his meal?

what are these three times? three time of what? did they tell her a spell to exorcise the evil spirits and Miko didn't understand?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 12, 2021 3:21 PM

Aug 2008
I guess Miko can't see the golden glow on Hana? Guess she doesn't notice everything. Good episode on its own but the season as a whole? Six more eps, will find out sticking with this show till the end.
Dec 14, 2021 5:43 PM

Jan 2019
Hana only attracts trouble for Miko ha ha ha. The scene of the creatures "exorcising" the obsessing monster was very well done.
Dec 22, 2021 4:02 PM

Jul 2021
At least Miko found a way to kill the monsters
asdasdsadad
Dec 23, 2021 1:38 PM

Dec 2019
I love how oblivious Hana-chan is to everything that's going on, poor Miko-chan. I would have shit myself a long time ago if I were her ngl
Dec 27, 2021 9:03 AM

May 2016
That last part was JJK intensity, and I think that spirit meant to clap 3 times since Miko didn't .
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2021

383 by Astolfofan776 »»
Yesterday, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

245 by Leblunk »»
Apr 22, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2021

259 by ZehelEisheth »»
Apr 18, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2021

164 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 12, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

303 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 12, 7:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.