Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 2, 2021 9:51 AM

Oct 2021
To me, it’s fine.

Animation is amazing, but outside of that it’s what I said before, fine.

Tanjiro is pretty much the only good character, which is good cause most of the other characters revolve around him.

Nezuko is his motivation, boar man and yellow boy are his friends, stoic boy is his mentor, Micheal Jackson is his antagonist, everyone is irrelevant but they don’t hog the screen.

The sword styles aren’t well explained, but they look nice I guess.

The last episodes are awfully boring tho, so I can’t call it good

Let’s see what the poll has to say
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 2, 2021 10:08 AM

May 2019
Demon Slayer is fairly decent. Many people discredit the show because of its popularity which is pretty dishonest, but I can at least see where they're coming from. The story and characters are where most of my problems with the show resides. Characters were bland to me and the story isn't something new either. The thing that blew many away, including me, was the amazing animation. Although, great production can sometimes mask the shows other flaws. I believe it's somewhat the case for Demon Slayer.

I understand and respect people that enjoy it, but I also have to recognize that Demon Slayer wasn't that great to me. Partially, because I've already seen many shounen like Demon Slayer and that shounen isn't my favourite genre.

TL;DR It's fine.
yo
Nov 2, 2021 10:11 AM
Dec 2018
The show does its job fairly well. It doesn't involve any complex plot, which actually makes it accessible to a wide range of viewer.

The animation is consistent and fluid, and the CGI is beautifully incorporated.

I watch it to kill time usually, but I don't rave about the series.
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Nov 2, 2021 10:19 AM

Mar 2020
Nah, pretty boring and all the characters are terribly written. Mindless animation jerking
Nov 2, 2021 10:19 AM
Jul 2021
It's ok
But the manga is ver flawed after season 2
So if you want to see a flawed anime after season 2 with like literally failed ending then ok

Overall 5/10
Hashiras are solid
Nov 2, 2021 10:22 AM

Feb 2020
I'm sure tons of people are gonna say Demon Slayer is overrated and to an extent it is but at the same time it is a good anime which a lot of people don't want want admit. Demon Slayer is good because it's has good visuals, OST, fights, characters and story yes some aspects of the anime are weaker than others like for me it's the story which could be better but it's still good I do recommend it it's better than some other shounen out there.
Nov 2, 2021 10:38 AM

Oct 2010
it's a decent battle shonen but that's it, the only good thing about it it's the fight choreography
Nov 2, 2021 10:42 AM

Nov 2018
Even though it has a pretty generic story I personally liked it very much

sos, there's a goddess
in disquise
Nov 2, 2021 10:47 AM

Sep 2018
It's one of the anime that made realize that animation > story is true only in slice of life anime, not in action packed ones.
Nov 2, 2021 10:49 AM

Aug 2010
It is average but I enjoyed it, especially when getting to the end, so I'm looking forward for the next season. Personally think the animation isn't that strong actually, but yes to the visuals.
Nov 2, 2021 10:50 AM
Jul 2017
The one thing I like a lot about demon slayer is that it ends similar to FMA.
That is, does it job, ends with a conclusion and is not milked to death unlike the other long running popular shonen.

It's decent. Nothing amazing but it's a solid show. Watchable even though it's a bit overrated.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Nov 2, 2021 10:51 AM

Nov 2016
Yes it's good. Pretty great battle shounen anime in fact.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 2, 2021 10:51 AM

Dec 2020
Yeah, pretty much one of the best modern shounen out right now.
Top tier shounen, mid tier anime.

Nov 2, 2021 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, it's good. Not some groundbreaking show but a decent one.
Nov 2, 2021 11:15 AM
Oct 2020
Demon Slayer was excellent, especially due to it's vivid animation. The story was generic but the way it is been presented is magnificent
Nov 2, 2021 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Demon slayer shares the top spot for the worst battle shounen of all time along with fairy tail
Nov 2, 2021 11:29 AM

Aug 2020
I enjoyed it because of it's amazing fights that's it .
Nov 2, 2021 11:30 AM

Apr 2021
There should be a “meh”
Option. I’d feel bad about saying “no it’s not good” but I’d be lying to myself If I answered yes for the sake of not saying no
My poor signature was removed because it “took up too much space”
Nov 2, 2021 11:34 AM

Jan 2021
I'd say Demon Slayer is a fairly decent anime. Aside from top tier animations this show nothing to boast.
Nov 2, 2021 11:35 AM

Sep 2014
Yes it's very good. I like how it doesn't pretend to be something else. It does its shounen things and does it very well. Tanjirou is a wholesome loveable onii-chan.
Nov 2, 2021 11:41 AM

Feb 2021
Literally Demon Slayer is a poorly written shounen fiction through an uninteresting story, unlikable characters and poorly created worldbuilding. I don't hate it, but it's indeed overrated. I mean I see that Demon Slayer is well produced, but that doesn't mean overall it gets better in all its aspects. Any flaws should not be ignored and taken for granted, satisfaction in an anime as a whole affects enjoyment
Nov 2, 2021 11:49 AM

Apr 2018
It's ok.
Story is nothing special thus far, and half of the main group is insufferable, but it's a nice visual treat for aesthetic whores like me.

... oh yeah, also Kajiura can do no wrong as soundtrack composer, as expected.
Stygian_PrisonerNov 2, 2021 11:56 AM
Nov 2, 2021 11:53 AM

Aug 2015
Not bad. Not Good. Just has been done before. Looks pretty though. Not a fan of the characters.
Metal, games, and good friends make life worth living
Discord: kingkrazy#0336
Nov 2, 2021 12:11 PM
Mar 2021
The story is nothing special and I don't care for a lot of the characters, but the aesthetic, vibe, music, editing, and especially the action are amazing enough that it's still an 8 for me. Ufotable are animation wizards.
Nov 2, 2021 12:23 PM

Mar 2020
Yes, considering what has been animated.

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"
- Okazaki, Tomoya
"Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things…
They can’t possibly remain the same."
- Furukawa, Nagisa
Nov 2, 2021 12:33 PM
Jan 2021
Mugen train was a huge improvement

Season 1 was ass

Good animation does not excuse poor writing
Nov 2, 2021 12:44 PM

Jun 2015
Thread moved from Anime Discussion to Anime Series Discussion.
Nov 2, 2021 1:00 PM

Jun 2020
Yes. It's very good. The plot is simple and the pacing can get a bit jarring at times, but still every show does not need to have a genius plot. The animation is a surplus. Tho the most outstanding part imo, are it's spectacular yet beautiful soundtracks.
Nov 2, 2021 1:31 PM

Feb 2021
its a good time passer, there are things that as you say don't make sense or are badly made but just enjoy the ufotable magic
Nov 2, 2021 1:33 PM

Feb 2021
Endless_end said:

Nov 2, 2021 1:57 PM

Mar 2020
e5812 said:
Endless_end said:

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"
- Okazaki, Tomoya
"Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things…
They can’t possibly remain the same."
- Furukawa, Nagisa
Nov 2, 2021 2:08 PM
Nov 2016
This needs another option in between. This anime isn't good nor bad in my opinion, it's just average.
Nov 2, 2021 2:25 PM

Aug 2017
AquaLucas said:
To me, it’s fine.

Animation is amazing, but outside of that it’s what I said before, fine.

Tanjiro is pretty much the only good character, which is good cause most of the other characters revolve around him.

Nezuko is his motivation, boar man and yellow boy are his friends, stoic boy is his mentor, Micheal Jackson is his antagonist, everyone is irrelevant but they don’t hog the screen.

The sword styles aren’t well explained, but they look nice I guess.

The last episodes are awfully boring tho, so I can’t call it good

Let’s see what the poll has to say
It's good, but I did watch mostly for the animation, although the plot isn't shit which also helps

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Nov 2, 2021 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
😹😹😹I just dropped my Mugen Train review and it'll soon get to the Top
Nov 3, 2021 4:33 AM

Jan 2021
How many of these threads are we going to get it. If someone likes it than its ok to appreciate it, but if someone hates it then its ok to criticize it but the problem is that we are getting a similar thread each week.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 7, 2021 11:27 AM

Aug 2021
Imo it is a bad show like a 4 it has bad charters shit world building a trash story and more and more but it is nowhere near the worst thing I have ever seen
Never forget bungee gum has both the properties of both rubber and gum
Nov 7, 2021 11:34 AM

Jul 2021
no not really its an average show terrible world building characters ect.

Nov 7, 2021 1:08 PM
Oct 2019
When it comes to entertainment, i won’t hold a stance to say something is objectively good or bad. I will just say I love, like or I don’t like.

Demon Slayer is in my “I love category”. Many things can be listed for me to explain that but it won’t necessarily be understood by others. So yeah, simple answer: Demon Slayer is great for me.
Nov 21, 2021 7:27 PM
Oct 2021
Its beautiful, the character development is great, the music is amazing and the animation is breathtaking. And those who think it's just carried by animation, in the year 2020, the kimetsu no yaiba manga was the largest selling manga and manga doesn't have any animation, right?
Niharika_chan_14Nov 21, 2021 7:32 PM
「あなたの夢をあきらめて死ぬ。」
Nov 22, 2021 1:26 AM

Mar 2021
Tis fine, not garbage not masterpiece.
Nov 22, 2021 1:32 AM

Mar 2021
Zenkochan14 said:
Its beautiful, the character development is great, the music is amazing and the animation is breathtaking. And those who think it's just carried by animation, in the year 2020, the kimetsu no yaiba manga was the largest selling manga and manga doesn't have any animation, right?

Before animation it had around 2-3 million sales with around 20 volumes
During the animation, ufotable bought it to the spotlight and japanese love for their own culture exploded and you get 100 mil sales in 2 years. Manga is not bad, but its not THAT good as proclaimed by its fanbase. It was not carried but you could say it was a story which was advertised by the right people to the right fanbase

Amount of sales does not mean the series would be that good in quality too.
If sales means everything, then goddamn superman is peak fiction and the greatest story created by humanity.
Za_PandaNov 22, 2021 1:55 AM
Nov 23, 2021 1:27 PM

Oct 2018
The show is a mindless shounen that literally only people below the age of 15 can consider it anything above a 5/10. The story is incoherent, the characters are bland and used in the worst manners possible and all it has got going for it is the "good" designs and the "fighting" scenes.

Yes, you can praise the animation, but it doesn't cover up for how bad the show is. In fact, every ufotable work is an animation jerk at this point. If you want something that has an actual story behind it and is not made just for money, go watch something made by Shaft, WIT or even Kinema Citrus.

If you're into anime because of the animation behind each show, then just watch Demon Slayer, you'll like the visuals, for sure, but it doesn't back up the mid story.
Feb 26, 2022 12:30 PM

Dec 2020
Only 3.6 roentgen. Not great, not terrible.
Mar 1, 2022 5:26 AM
Mar 2022
Yes, I Like Demon Slayer especially Kyojuro Rengoku and Tanjiro Kamado.
Recently, I am starting collecte figurine Demon Slayer.
Figurine Tanjiro Kamado & Figurine Kyojuro Rengoku

Apr 1, 2022 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
It was hyped for only one reason: the colors were pretty. Ufotable was flexing in every episode and the result was a beautiful piece of work that envelops some mediocre shonen. If you're seeking anything other than cool animation, you won't find something out of the ordinary. Sure it may feel fresh because the mc is not a naruto clown that constantly yells and wants to be the best in the world. There are no schools or academies or contemporary societies but all that are surface level and don't manage to change the completely simple plot and cast. The characters are all defined by a single trait to the point of becoming caricatures. The main character for example, is a definition of a boy scout. He's always being kind to everyone and wants to help out as much as he can. And that is all there is to him. His quest to cure his sister and avenge those who were killed by the monsters goes completely unnoticed because he was not affected by tragedies he experienced and remains a vanilla boy scout. His sister, the lead female, is a generic emotionless waifubait. She has absolutely no personality, without any depth to her character and by being brainwashed so she will forever be docile and obedient she ends up being more of an object than a character.

The inconsistencies in writing is what bugged me the most. One minute the demons are supposed to be terrifying, then the other episode you got that stupid joke of a demon for seemingly no reason at all, completely shattered all sense of fear and seriousness the show was going for up until that point. Even the top demon hunters were cartoony when depicting the single traits that defines them. Another problem is the very weak background stories. Nobody's story can make you care more about them, partly because of how mundane it is, and partly because of how quickly it comes and goes. It's especially laughable when it comes to the monsters, as their background stories are revealed to the audience literally a few seconds before they die. It's impossible to care about any of them, when there was no build-up to their character.

The battles have amazing choreograohy, but the way they play out is fairly typical and predictable. Most of them are won with the good guy losing then remembering something out of nowhere that gives him resolve and then using some fancy looking special effect that makes him winning in a second. No amount of pretty colors can hide that simple fact. Plot armor and ex machina were ridiculously strong.

Lastly but should've been obvious at this point. I think ufotable's gradients don't at all go with the shonen art style of KnY. Ufotable's been producing anime with transcendental concepts in urban settings, for which they utilize their cgi blended 2d visuals with shades of gradient, which feel quite right for the dark urban fantasy setting of their story where realistic and mature people do crazy things in a calculated manner. But for KnY's more sharp edged, this gradient does nothing but feel unnatural and awkward. The thick character outlines don't help it in the least. It's a shame cause I honestly like the aesthetic of the character design.
Apr 1, 2022 11:32 PM
Nov 2019
No, lmao very mid anime. Don't post this kind of shit in here, everyone knows how bad it is. Only normies like these kind of shit. PERIOD. POPOPO STINKY POPOPO anime. Very predictable. Freaking mouth breathers. Gigguk dislikes this anime too. God tier animation is only carrying this anime.
Apr 1, 2022 11:35 PM
Aug 2021
I'd say overall it's mid cause the characters and the plot
Jun 8, 2022 3:23 PM

Sep 2020
Catalano said:
it's a decent battle shonen but that's it, the only good thing about it it's the fight choreography

I don't know what "fight choreography" that you're talking about. Unless you consider mindless sword swinging a choregraphed fight.
Jun 8, 2022 4:14 PM
Apr 2020
It is obviously not good, one of the most generic and boring anime ever, only got good animation to cover all of its faults, which it doesn't but yeah yeah it's already been said so many times before idc, it's still true. Anyways, if we're talking about what Demon Slayer tries to say, it pretty much has none, all of the main characters have no faults or weaknesses as human beings and got no internal conflicts, while the only ones who develop and have conflicts in this show are the demons that only get a short backstory and a small talk from Tanjiro that magically changes their mind and makes them develop without any basis or reason to that happening. It's genuinely insulting, just trying to make the audience feel something for some stupid characters without any effort at all, literally anyone could convey a point better, but well that's what happens when the author doesn't even try to make his work meaningful, not to mention that it isn't even special story wise, just plain old boom boom pow pow shounen, literally zero reasons to like it
Jun 27, 2022 4:09 AM
Dec 2013
Good is subjective.
Are tomatoes good, i can't imagine eating a fresh tomato, even the smell makes me sick.
Demon slayer is one of my favorite anime 10/10 no question
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.