Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2021 10:19 AM
Jan 2021
Shibo-shonen said:
This feels like some combination of Vivy and Final Fantasy...

Vivy's story is actually written with the elements of idol culture, btw, I knew because some of Vivy's music production staffs were also working for Idoly Pride (and even the main music producers were from MONACA, the company which have worked along with some idol multimedia projects like Wake Up Girls and Aikatsu series). Besides, you could see how they build Diva's character and some other characters about the music and singing.

takt op destiny is actually based on orchestra and classical music culture, which is not discussed too much by the anime and game worlds before (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, perhaps the last to discuss this and being the most famous), even to combine this element with action, it seems that DeNa staff and other story writers feel like experimenting in Here, although not as ambitious as Nojima Shinji (Wonder Egg Priority) and Nagatsuki Tappei (Vivy Flourite Eye's Song) who are quite 'dare to fight for idealism and the strangeness of the story to the last drop of blood', but still 'playing outside of the comfort zone' not like the writers of Odd Taxi (I can't rate Sonny Boy yet, because I haven't learned a lot from there).
Oct 5, 2021 10:20 AM
Jan 2013
Most of it reminded me of the animation from [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control, then a bit from P and S with Garter.
I have no complaints about this :D
Oct 5, 2021 10:25 AM

May 2020
Pretty good first episode not much happend tho aside from Fire animations and funny character interactions , Im looking forward to see more
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Oct 5, 2021 10:34 AM

Nov 2020
It's a fine start. The animation and music are excellent, with the main duo being sort of sub-par characters so far, which is to be expected of a gacha game tie-in, I suppose. There's room for growth.

Anna is a fun character. Really like her energy.
Oct 5, 2021 10:35 AM

Jan 2020
I dunno what I was expecting going into this, but I feel like the story and characters have come off as very forced. I'm already kind of tired of Cosette. Granted -- it's only the first episode. So, maybe my pessimisim should wait another week to see if we get any world-building and development in episode 2. Maybe this week was just all about flexing with sound and visuals?

Either way, the visuals and sound are very stunning. So, at least there is that. And, good or bad, I plan to stick around for the whole thing. Here's hoping it ends up being pretty good though.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 5, 2021 10:36 AM

May 2015
The whole thing felt like movie-grade for some reason, it takes me back when Rage of Bahamut was new. CGI's above-average, the music is very good and definitely delivers, and the visual direction's pretty awesome with the framing and composition pretty much spot-on. The story's fine so far, and the interactions were pretty interesting to the point that I want to see more of it. I'd like to see more of this.

Looking at the end credits, the pilot's storyboard was done by UBW's director, with animators mostly from Madhouse and few freelancers such as Kazuhiro Miwa doing the keys. Inbetweens were done in-house by Madhouse's team, while MAPPA's involvement in this episode was more on the CGI side with V-sign. No wonder the quality of this episode's pretty solid.

This is definitely a Madhouse episode in and out. Now I'm more interested to see whether or not the next episode will be from MAPPA so that we can see if there will be any differences.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Oct 5, 2021 10:42 AM
Jan 2021
Znra said:
The whole thing felt like movie-grade for some reason, it takes me back when Rage of Bahamut was new. CGI's above-average, the music is very good and definitely delivers, and the visual direction's pretty awesome with the framing and composition pretty much spot-on. The story's fine so far, and the interactions were pretty interesting to the point that I want to see more of it. I'd like to see more of this.

Looking at the end credits, the pilot's storyboard was done by UBW's director, with animators mostly from Madhouse and few freelancers such as Kazuhiro Miwa doing the keys. Inbetweens were done in-house by Madhouse's team, while MAPPA's involvement in this episode was more on the CGI side with V-sign. No wonder the quality of this episode's pretty solid.

This is definitely a Madhouse episode in and out. Now I'm more interested to see whether or not the next episode will be from MAPPA so that we can see if there will be any differences.

I'm honestly curious as to how MAPPA's division of labor with Madhouse in this anime is, between its own studio and Madhouse (because it turns out that MAPPA is a producing company too which is also involved in the production committee as well, similar to its role in the Zombie Land Saga series).
teofilusSWOct 5, 2021 10:45 AM
Oct 5, 2021 10:42 AM

Mar 2018
The characters seem cool. You can't play music, an interesting concept.

Amazing fight scenes and amazing music, just hope the story is great enough to not hold these two elements back.

The OP already blows me away.

vF_WackiierOct 5, 2021 10:47 AM
Oct 5, 2021 10:44 AM
Feb 2021
Damn, those were some crazy animations. The story also has an interesting premise. Will definitely keep watching this. Fingers crossed, I hope we get a banger OP.
Oct 5, 2021 10:44 AM

Jan 2014
Seems better than Listeners so far. Just hope this doesn't go down hill super fast.
Oct 5, 2021 10:45 AM

Mar 2018
Yeah ofcourse this anime slaps by the surprise of absolutely no one
Oct 5, 2021 10:46 AM

Jul 2015
The animation and character designs are just... *Chef's Kiss* but can't be said same about the characters themselves.. Who appear to be a Goofey and straight up from the RPG template.. Albeit the MC seems to be more than just a "self insert" Type..

The OSTs are a banger.. I mean they are literally using the world renowned Classic's here FFS.. But would not undermine the Original Music Score for the anime either.. Its great

On the topic of the Music used..
Can any one tell me the name of all the Symphonies etc Used in this episode? the ED credits didn't mentioned any surprisingly..
Oct 5, 2021 10:49 AM
Feb 2019
Just so you guys know this anime is created by both mappa and madhouse so it doesn’t have a manga. So there won’t be any unnecessary spoilers thankfully lol
Oct 5, 2021 10:49 AM
Jul 2021
whats the name for this songs op and ed
Oct 5, 2021 10:50 AM

Mar 2016
animejas said:
Looks decent but it's definitely not MAPPA's best efforts visually compared to the standards I think they've tried to set in the past couple years, rest of the episode didn't do much for me with the premise and the characters. I can see why it might be popular, but the story and characters leaves a lot to be desired so far. Heard there's a game or something related to this series too?

Actually, from what I found out, Madhouse is gonna be producing and animating most of the series, while Mappa seems to be doing mostly the promotional stuff. So this is not anything really against MAPPA, tbh. They might get a few episodes in their hand, but I doubt much more than that.
Oct 5, 2021 10:51 AM

Nov 2020
the animation looks good and i liked the character interactions.
Destiny is cute

Oct 5, 2021 10:57 AM
Sep 2019
Pretty interesting story and concept. And ngl the performance gave me chill. I have some hopes for this.
Oct 5, 2021 10:58 AM
Jan 2021
What a start for a first episode. I absolutely loved it . Animation is great.
Fight scenes were too good. Anna shut up is really good lol .
Oct 5, 2021 10:59 AM
Aug 2018
Only animation, art and fighting is great
otherwaise story is boring, time waste , weird plot
it's so boring i had to leave it half episode watch
NephronsensisOct 5, 2021 11:10 AM
Oct 5, 2021 11:01 AM
Aug 2018
I can already see it in the posts about this anime, it's going to be another "Listeners" situation, where the anime is incredible, musical, and expressive, but the artistry will be lost on the general anime-watching public. Considering most anime viewers are content to slurp up whatever generic isekai gets shit out every season so they can live vicariously through the MC, this is not at all surprising, but it is still very depressing.

This show is off to an absolutely INCREDIBLE start; the animation is top-tier and the soundtrack is amazing. The story isn't anything particularly new--music being "outlawed" in a dystopian future where the world is overrun by monsters--but it is rare enough that it's a breath of fresh air. The dynamic between the three MCs (esp the male lead and female lead) also isn't anything new, but we'll see how it develops after a few episodes pass.

My only qualm is that, when it comes to anime that revolves around classical music, producers can never seem to diverge from the typical, overused repertoire. "Moonlight" Sonata is great, but how many times have we heard that in anime before? There are so many other great pieces and composers, but we only ever hear of Beethoven, Bach, Chopin, etc. in shows like these. Although I will say, the 2nd movement of Beethoven's "Pathetique" Sonata after the big fight scene was a great choice for that moment; that's one of my all-time favorites. Let's hope more composers and pieces will be introduced as the series progresses.

Also, now that I think about it, I AM just a LITTLE irked that the Conductor holds the baton in his left hand--even left-handed conductors almost always hold the baton in their right hand. Seeing as they had the attention to detail to animate his piano playing with the actual keys, this, although very small, is a little vexing.

Anyway, it just baffles me that people are bored by this show, or even have anything bad to say about it. Like, I just watched the first episode of Shinka no mi, this season's shit-tier isekai, and I had to drop it after the first episode, it was so bad. Yet, though it sits at a 6.67 currently, the discussion surrounding it is mostly positive, and I have no doubt that its score will rise with time. Mind-boggling.
Oct 5, 2021 11:03 AM

Jan 2020
I came here for the sakuga, stayed for the music AND the story.

The story is very interesting. Imagine a world where you can't play music or listen to it without risking your own life. The short prologue they made at the start of the episode makes of a great introduction to the story, I liked that part. I wasn't expecting music in the first place, much less classical music which has a special place in my heart.

Awesome first episode. Madhouse is delivering once again an anime original this year and we love to see it.
samashi20Oct 10, 2021 2:00 AM
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Oct 5, 2021 11:05 AM

May 2020
As expected from Madhouse and MAPPA, the character designs, the music, and the fight scenes were top-tier. Nothing much can be said about the story at this point, but I hope it turns out to be great.

And the OP was fire as well. The Fall season has only just begun and we are already blessed with two fire openings, this and 86 season 2.

"I'd rather my heart stopped than lose what's most important to me.
Even when I'm old and my spine is bent...my soul's got to be straight." - Gintoki

Oct 5, 2021 11:09 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
That was 20 minutes of pure awesomeness
10/10 holy crap its perfect

Oct 5, 2021 11:10 AM

Nov 2016
When you can already tell that this is going to be mid at best.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2021 11:11 AM

Sep 2015
Ok the scene where she just takes the piano was surprisingly hilarious
Enemies look too generic though
Oct 5, 2021 11:14 AM

Jul 2017
Ryuseishun said:
animejas said:
Looks decent but it's definitely not MAPPA's best efforts visually compared to the standards I think they've tried to set in the past couple years, rest of the episode didn't do much for me with the premise and the characters. I can see why it might be popular, but the story and characters leaves a lot to be desired so far. Heard there's a game or something related to this series too?

Actually, from what I found out, Madhouse is gonna be producing and animating most of the series, while Mappa seems to be doing mostly the promotional stuff. So this is not anything really against MAPPA, tbh. They might get a few episodes in their hand, but I doubt much more than that.

Oh, fair enough then. Forgot that Madhouse was also involved with the project in the first place, and didn't realize they're the main studio in charge of the two. Although I shouldn't be surprised, there has been collabs with these two studios before with Madhouse at charge (Hajime no Ippo: Rising). Although this project does remind me of MAPPA's Listeners too in a way.
Oct 5, 2021 11:16 AM
Jun 2021
UkRs said:
Can any one tell me the name of all the Symphonies etc Used in this episode? the ED credits didn't mentioned any surprisingly..

Beethoven:Symphony No.5,"Fate",4th Movement
Beethoven:Sonata quasi una fantasia,No.14 in C# Minor,"Moonlight",1stMovement
Beethoven:Sonata No.8 in C Minor,"Pathetique",2nd Movement
Oct 5, 2021 11:22 AM

Jun 2020
This is good it lived up to my expectations. I noticed that at the start of the episode they havent used any BGM and when the first battle ended they started giving it BGM. I think that they did it on purpose because D2's cancels out music?? And when they defeat or kill a D2 music will start to play?
Oct 5, 2021 11:22 AM

May 2021
Great episode. Love the fight scenes! Like Cosette’s and Takt’s characters also. Her transformation into that red dress also looks awesome. First episode is honestly a 10/10 for me. Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 5, 2021 11:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
A fair amount of comparison to Listeners here and I can honestly see where they're coming from but just because of this episode, I've a bit more hope. At the very least, the character interactions and the animation was impressive here so here's to hoping they'll be able to carry this through to the end.

Pleasantly surprised with the Comedy aspect of the show though, I didn't expect that. Destiny 's story of failing to win earlier played out in a cartoonsy-style was interesting and definitely set her up in a dummy-cutesy fashion which honestly seems to fit thus far.

Op, released on MAPPA's YT Channel, is pretty good as well. We got a short backstory of the MC thinking back of a time with a different Destiny and the Op seems to be suggesting the same too so I'm curious to know what this is all about.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 5, 2021 11:23 AM

Mar 2016
animejas said:
Ryuseishun said:

Oh, fair enough then. Forgot that Madhouse was also involved with the project in the first place, and didn't realize they're the main studio in charge of the two. Although I shouldn't be surprised, there has been collabs with these two studios before with Madhouse at charge (Hajime no Ippo: Rising). Although this project does remind me of MAPPA's Listeners too in a way.

It sure does, although I personally think Takt has handled far better than Listeners so far. In fairness, tho, I never finished the latter cause it was extremely of minimal value and interest to me after a couple of episodes, but I heard it ended up awful to no one's surprise. I doubt Takt Op will end up anywhere near that disaster considering how ambitious this project looks in particular, although the introduction could've been much better. I really like the character dynamics, though, at least.
RyuseishunOct 5, 2021 11:28 AM
Oct 5, 2021 11:28 AM

Jul 2017
Ryuseishun said:

It sure does, although I personally think Takt has handled far better than Listeners so far. In fairness, tho, I never finished the latter cause it was extremely of minimal value and interest to me after a couple of episodes, but I heard it ended up awful to no one's surprise. I doubt Takt Op will end up anywhere near that disaster considering how ambitious this project looks in particular, although the introduction could've been much better.

From the first episode, yeah Takt isn't as dreadful as Listeners by any means, but it's not exactly set my world on fire either. Just felt really boring to watch overall, and knowing that it's most likely having a story that a mobile game that's also a gacha one apparently would have when that's released to some degree, it's not surprising that the start feels a bit uninspiring. Hopefully it changes my mind though, it's only been 1 episode so I can't bash it too much.
Oct 5, 2021 11:33 AM

Nov 2013
Swagernator said:
Ok now, i don't want to sound like a doomer, but i will. The only thing this first episode shown us was its audio-visual and production quality, the story was given to us as generic as it can be. Some aliens atacking earth, and only a few chosen ones can save us, like ive seen the same synopsis many times already but with naked girls instead ...

The characters are as shiny and sparkly as you can expect too (cute kuudere loli eating biscuits ? Really ? Is that all you got ? Come on ...). And the dudes name really is "Takt", another anime that i'll watch every week and this name will threw me off a little bit every time i hear it. But its actually very fitting name for him. Also why is "Destiny's" name translated into english, but Takt is not ? Somone in MAL database felt especially smart this morning.

This is one of those shows that youll stick with because of its form and nothing else. At least it seems that way.
Good to see shared opinion. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I feel somewhat disappointed. Of course it's too early to judge the plot, so I'll keep watching.
Oct 5, 2021 11:34 AM

Jun 2017
Wow I expected a pretty serious main duo judging by the PV but we got weird idiots instead. I love it! Animation was surprisingly great too.

This reminds me a lot of Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica.

Definitely sticking around.
Oct 5, 2021 11:35 AM

Jul 2011
Looking at Cosette transformation design, i cant stop remembering Nero from Fate.

This made me remember Panty & Stocking was a thing
Oct 5, 2021 11:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm the opening narrative was a nice touch. Detailed but also easy to understand as well. A world without music though must be pretty dull. That first battle though sure was impressive. The transition from music to combat was so smooth. The relationship between Takt and Destiny sure was a curious one though. Man Destiny sure has quite the appetite huh. The relationship between Anna, Takt and Destiny sure quite the unique one. The final battle though sure was pretty impressive both in showing Takt's boldness and the combat ability of Destiny as well. Overall an interesting opening ep that featured a nice mix of comedy, action and lore expansion. Have to say the animation for this is pretty damm good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2021 11:47 AM
Oct 2017
Love the fact that Black clover Goats have yet again participated in another big project. Isuta, Yoshihara and Iwasawa the big 3 of bc in the first ep. Yoshihara especially has been prominent in most big animes this year after black clover including jjk, wep, csm and now this while isuta has been in jjk, boruto and this. Love to see it.
Oct 5, 2021 11:52 AM

Apr 2020
I'm hoping to hear more Chopin throughout the anime ahah
Nice animations too
I don't know how signatures work

Oct 5, 2021 11:52 AM

Jan 2021
The animation and fight scenes were really good and the choice of music was also good
Oct 5, 2021 11:57 AM
Nov 2018
The art is beautiful. Corsette is beautiful. The sound track when they fight is top notch and so are the fight scenes.
The history itself is dumb. Having it in US is double dumb. (I don't hate the US, it's my 2nd favourite country).
Basically another Fate Babylonia: use the 5 second skip buttons to find the interesting scenes, that's it.
5/10
Oct 5, 2021 12:02 PM

Feb 2015
The animation is absolutely fantastic but the concept is bonkers. I really hope there is a bit more to it aside from music and battles. Certainly an intresting show
Oct 5, 2021 12:04 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ohhh so the "op." part of the title stands for opus, most probably. Took me a while to realize that.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 5, 2021 12:04 PM

Jan 2009
lets see if they can keep up this amazing sakuga for the rest of the show

so the enemies hate music eh

i do not expect some awesome story or plot for this but i expect lots of sakuga
degOct 5, 2021 1:56 PM
Oct 5, 2021 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
God tier animation. Nice waifus. Interesting story. Now if they don't fuck it up and keep the same energy then it will be AoTY contender.
Oct 5, 2021 12:12 PM

Feb 2014
One thing that sold me on liking Cosette as a character was how she was questioning the "flaw" of a ring donuts design before stuffing one into her mouth. XD

Either way, the concept of the setting being in America with the aim of trying to get to New York sounds intriguing, while the chemistry of Takt and Cosette is amusing. One thing that can be praised was the animation quality for this episode. The normal scenes had a nice visual quality to it, but the fights were very impressive.

The OP song, which played during the ending credits, sounded pretty good, although it's not amazing. Overall, this was a pretty solid episode and I do look forward to seeing how this story will unfold.
Oct 5, 2021 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
animejas said:

I know people may hate me but I think this looked a bit better than Jujutsu Kaisen.
Oct 5, 2021 12:17 PM

Jul 2015
The first episode was good. I have to say that the animation is top-tier. I hope they can keep this animation quality until the end.
Oct 5, 2021 12:21 PM

Jul 2017
DamonElix said:
I know people may hate me but I think this looked a bit better than Jujutsu Kaisen.

I disagree when it comes to comparing this show's visuals against Jujutsu Kaisen but it's not like Jujutsu Kaisen's the best looking show in anime history for me either. It's really solid but there are definitely tons of shows I enjoy visually more than JJK, even if they're very simplistic in comparison.

For this show, I'm not a fan of the character designs of Takt at all, visuals for the action looked better but it doesn't really blow me away either. Just my thing though.
Oct 5, 2021 12:24 PM

Sep 2020
Ok that was a great start

and this is where their journey begins
Oct 5, 2021 12:24 PM

May 2015
teofilusSW said:
Znra said:

I'm honestly curious as to how MAPPA's division of labor with Madhouse in this anime is, between its own studio and Madhouse (because it turns out that MAPPA is a producing company too which is also involved in the production committee as well, similar to its role in the Zombie Land Saga series).

Given the credit roll, that's what I'd want to know as well. This can possibly turn out like Sarazanmai when Lapin Track did most of it while MAPPA handled the workspace, capital, and promotion; or a Dororo situation wherein the workload and episodes were evenly split between Tezuka Pro and MAPPA.

At this point, we wouldn't know until Episode 2 comes in. If it's still in Madhouse, then expect this as a Sarazanmai repeat.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

24 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 21, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2021

282 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 8, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2021

116 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.