Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2021 8:25 AM
Mar 2021
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fight scenes look awesome lol
Oct 5, 2021 8:27 AM

Jul 2019
Yea fight scenes were nice lol.

I liked the animation for sure, but that is all that has sold me so far.

Takt has mad piano skills too lol. Also the characters are a little goofier than I thought they'd be. Plus the setting is more western than I thought even though the KV is a thing.
Oct 5, 2021 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
The music they used for this episode definitely stands out, with the orchestra and noticable beats. The artwork looks pretty good for show imo, especially the chereography. Speaking of artwork, I find it kinda amusing how they used a cartoony-like art style for one of the narrative scenes.

Key characters introduced includes Takt and Destiny while others like Anna also showed up.

Looks like a fun show imo.
Oct 5, 2021 8:30 AM

Apr 2020
Let's see an Anime made by Mappa x Madhouse, will it be interesting?

Destiny is so cute, and her red costume suits her so well, and she eats all the time, lmao.
The animation is really good and it looks like D2 has different sizes.

I love the way Anna says "shut up".
Takt is very good at playing the piano.

The first episode was pretty good.

Feb 2018
Be sure to play me someday

Begins with a prologue, the night when the stars fall in the sky. Beautiful shining stone and I fell in the beauty of the stone, more or less like that, rip Japan language, xD. Okay back to the prologue, The stone has a mysterious power that no one knows about. Someone investigated the stone, it would take years, not even years to investigate. Until all living things, animals, plants, and humans really messed with that stone. the person asks will this be ruined? is all this over, that's the prologue, just want to convey the prologue because this prologue is very important at the beginning, hmmm...

It had been four years since Zaagan's declaration, playing music is taboo but yeah, this boy too brave enough, Paino? Hhmm.. Takt Asahina, the protagonist who plays the piano, The monster attacks and momentarily when Takt plays the piano. Raised a stick and the hand actually became a white-haired blood-red girl, it was Unmei. The girl fought the monsters and with the accompaniment of a melody chanting, The monster was defeated.

September 3, 2047.
The three of them are on their way, in the vast desert. They are looking for a Good Food Dinner, some eating scenes and manga panels, Action scenes between monsters and Unmei happening, somehow I like the effect of the roses. Whether it's a rose, I also don't know clearly Unmei is so beautiful, really... I like this art and Chara design 10/10 for graphic. Most of these dialogues are full of harmonic words, melodies, and also music. I think it's quite hard to understand, yeah it's like playing vn Sakura no Uta who has to understand art to be able to understand the meaning of the story'.

Night falls and the fight ensues, as Takt plays the piano the fight will ensue. The action scenes are good, as I said above, an art are masterpiece. The scene of Takt and Unmei reaching out was also good. Ma, it's not bad to start with, I like the graphics but not the story' because it's too hard.

Jul 2017
Dang, TV Tokyo is banging seasonals this Fall with this and Komi-san under their brand new "Anime Zone" programming block./
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2021-09-07/tv-tokyo-reorganizes-launches-new-anime-programming-block-in-october/.177097
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2021/09/07-2/komi-cant-communicate-takt-opdestiny-headline-new-anime-zone-block-on-tv-tokyo-in-october

For a start, you can't really tell that it's the dream team co-production of powerhouses MAPPA and Madhouse, that is until the action parts arrive on scene with MCs Takt Asahina (the Conductor maestro) and his "Musicart" Destiny, especially with its strong musical roots and themes. IDK if people living in Japan watching this will be excited to play the soon-to-be-released mobile game by Bandai Namco and DeNA, but time will tell.

Another futuristic dystopian America that looks like 19th Century Wild West, where grotesque monsters dubbed D2 have ruined the world, and these Conductors and women Musicarts like the Takt-Destiny duo are the solution to that problem.

The character dynamics between both and Anna does hint some hilarity, but the execution is kinda iffy while setting up the events to come (which will be just like the mobile game that comes after the anime). Not bad, but I want more, and I'm in for this exciting journey of using music as a form of weaponry while travelling on the way to New York. Kinda rings a bell to a certain Listeners which did something similar to this.

Ryo (supercell) feat. Mafumafu, gaku's OP is good, no question about it.

If anything, watch this show because of the MAPPA X Madhouse collab, but let the story and plot take shape first before deciding any farther.
KANLen09Oct 5, 2021 9:08 AM

Jun 2019
Well, it seems like one of the most talked-about shows in this season is finally here. No one knows what this is about other than the synopsis but just because it has the name of two of the biggest animation giants Madhouse and MAPPA coming together makes the hype worth it. Well, what have they brought to the table? Let's see...

The first impressions of the show are just as I expected. Godly animation with let's see a musical plot that takes place in 2047. One thing that I'm probably gonna look at the most other than the story itself is Music since the whole theme of the show is based on Music and me being a music nerd needs something to bless my ears just like my eyes is being blessed. Ike Yoshihiro has a pretty good background in music, so my expectations are quite high from him. As in anime, Takt is so good with his piano skills.

So, yeah we have to defeat these D2 monsters with the help of music. Pretty straightforward. The characters are pretty interesting as well. The OP is so damn good.
Oct 5, 2021 9:20 AM

Apr 2016
Ok now, i don't want to sound like a doomer, but i will. The only thing this first episode shown us was its audio-visual and production quality, the story was given to us as generic as it can be. Some aliens atacking earth, and only a few chosen ones can save us, like ive seen the same synopsis many times already but with naked girls instead ...

The characters are as shiny and sparkly as you can expect too (cute kuudere loli eating biscuits ? Really ? Is that all you got ? Come on ...). And the dudes name really is "Takt", another anime that i'll watch every week and this name will threw me off a little bit every time i hear it. But its actually very fitting name for him. Also why is "Destiny's" name translated into english, but Takt is not ? Somone in MAL database felt especially smart this morning.

This is one of those shows that youll stick with because of its form and nothing else. At least it seems that way.
Oct 5, 2021 9:23 AM
Jun 2021
Just came here because of Moonlight Sonata
Oct 5, 2021 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Ok so we're staring off with a guy who wants to save the world with music? And a girl who has an addiction for sweets, i mean ok lol, and another girl who needs to go to New York with the other 2, because they need to. That's all I can say since not much really happened. Oh and animation and especially the music's great. Looking forward to this, anyways have a nice day.

removed-userOct 5, 2021 9:54 AM
Oct 5, 2021 9:29 AM
Nov 2010
Swagernator said:
Also why is "Destiny's" name translated into english, but Takt is not ?

Because Takt is his actual real name. And Destiny is not the girl's real name.

------------------

Anyway, all I can say is that it's a pretty fun start with the animation and the initial introduction to the world of this anime. Looking forward to more of the world-building as I'm definitely curious about it!
Oct 5, 2021 9:33 AM

Sep 2021
Damn the animation is too good to handle for a regular tv show
The most dangerous irony is, people are angry with others because of their own incompetence

Apr 2014
“The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils; The motions of his spirit are dull as night, And his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.”
Music should not be banned wherever it is.

The concept of fighting an alien by using music in a dystopian America is very interesting. I really love the design of Destiny fighting form.
何それ?意味分かんない

May 2020
Fighting with music does seem something out of ordinary. We got introduced to the main pair, Takt and Destiny working as Conductor and Musicart and fighting those monsters D2.

Well the setting's in 2047 America, and looks like they want to travel to New York as soon as possible with another person Anna being part of their company too. Fighting scenes were something what was already expected from MAPPA, and truly some of those scenes were breathtaking.

Looking interesting with the hopes of many fights yet to come. OP too was decent.
Oct 5, 2021 9:36 AM

Nov 2019
Mappa and Madhouse collab? That's a rather killer combo... And it shows; very good and high level of animation.

So far it's still a mystery, telling what the anime is all about..from the Synopsis and this episode alone. But it seems to be focused on music..Curious to see how this is going to pan out

Oct 5, 2021 9:39 AM

Oct 2017
Was quite excited for this as this is a collab work between two top tier studios and I wasn't disappointed.

The setting is quite unique yet generic but I like it. The action sequence and animation were really cool. Specially that final fight was sick. Liked the interactions between Destiny and Takt, both of them are amusing. Destiny's so cute and adorable. Anna's kind of annoying thou.

Pretty good premise, looking forward to more.
Oct 5, 2021 9:40 AM
Jun 2021
Swagernator said:
Ok now, i don't want to sound like a doomer, but i will. The only thing this first episode shown us was its audio-visual and production quality, the story was given to us as generic as it can be. Some aliens atacking earth, and only a few chosen ones can save us, like ive seen the same synopsis many times already but with naked girls instead ...

The characters are as shiny and sparkly as you can expect too (cute kuudere loli eating biscuits ? Really ? Is that all you got ? Come on ...). And the dudes name really is "Takt", another anime that i'll watch every week and this name will threw me off a little bit every time i hear it. But its actually very fitting name for him. Also why is "Destiny's" name translated into english, but Takt is not ? Somone in MAL database felt especially smart this morning.

This is one of those shows that youll stick with because of its form and nothing else. At least it seems that way.

It's very expected for the concept, since the anime adapted the concept of the game, which is in the syspnosis it is just the common RPG story you'll see. The only difference between games, even using the same concept, are the story and other deeper things you might see. Let's just see how the anime and game will play this out.

And Takt's name closely means to "beat" or something which is related to music.I wonder why it would be comparable to Unmei's name.

I'm not sure either, why they use "Destiny" for translation of 運命, which could mean Destiny or Fate. The late is the closest name, because she is like the product of Beethoven's Symphony no. 5, op. 67 "Fate".
Oct 5, 2021 9:41 AM

Jul 2017
Looks decent but it's definitely not MAPPA's best efforts visually compared to the standards I think they've tried to set in the past couple years, rest of the episode didn't do much for me with the premise and the characters. I can see why it might be popular, but the story and characters leaves a lot to be desired so far. Heard there's a game or something related to this series too?
Oct 5, 2021 9:42 AM

Jul 2019
This episode was done at madhouse! The action scenes were honestly incredible, great work by the entire staff.
The story still hasnt sold me yet, but this was obviously an episode focused more on the fighting, so i imagine that next episode we will get an episode actually explaining what the hell is going on. I do have to say that the characters do have quite a lot of chemistry, so im fairly hopeful right now, hoping for good stuff.
Oct 5, 2021 9:42 AM

May 2020
Nice action and very interesting, I like it. That flashback was also very interesting. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that something bad happened to Destiny but there was something or someone there that brought her back and made her a Musicart and making Takt her conductor since they were together when that "something" bad happened, but we're definitely missing something since it was just a glimpse. This first episode was pretty cool.
OziPJOct 5, 2021 9:53 AM
Oct 5, 2021 9:44 AM
Jan 2019
Looks good and sounds good.Can't really judge the story considering its only 1 episode an ok 1st episode imo
Oct 5, 2021 9:44 AM
Sep 2020
Okay for the first ep kinda good ngl, you can see it's a music genre and some action in it, the characters is not bad for me and the animation is quite good, i can see a potential on this anime, hope they can make a great job for the next episode
Oct 5, 2021 9:45 AM

Sep 2019
This is a lot similar to Listeners from last year which also was an original anime from MAPPA. It was quite meh but I hope this one doesn't end up like that. Luckily Madhouse is onboard this time so I'm hopeful. Though one thing bothered me is that how Anna was emphasizing the fact that the road to new york is really long and it will take a long time to reach there. Even the KV has the road and car in it with the characters. Makes it feel like this will just be a journey the entire season and they will finally reach the city at the end of the season. I don't know how interesting they will be able to make things if it's just going to be on the road the entire time. Maybe they going to focus on themes like meeting people and such.
Oct 5, 2021 9:45 AM

Dec 2020
I love the design from destiny and bro the animation is fire.
Also interesting setting.
She needs more calories that they can fight better.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 5, 2021 9:46 AM

Jun 2021
nice action, great opening song. Story is expected. Don't really like the duo's chemistry, but let's see the character development later.
Current favourite ships:
- Chika x Satowa (Kono Oto Tomare)
- Shin x Lena (86)
- Vanitas x Jeanne (Vanitas no Carte)
Oct 5, 2021 9:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Reminds me of Listeners but with a good animation, still got bored 80% of the episodes, only the fights scenes were worth it
Oct 5, 2021 9:48 AM
Feb 2020
This feels like some combination of Vivy and Final Fantasy...
Oct 5, 2021 9:49 AM

Apr 2018
This looks interesting. Characters, animation are all pretty good. The story is a bit similar to Vivy but that's it. Also an original anime. The fight scenes were insanely dope. This just reminds me of Fate series.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 5, 2021 9:50 AM
Nov 2020
Agmenos said:
Just came here because of Moonlight Sonata

Ayyyyy me 2. Takt didn't even manage to get past the 1st movement tho:p
Mar 2021
Swagernator said:

It doesn't matter if the premise has been done a million times or not, what matters is how well they execute it. They could do a completely original premise, no one in the history of anime has done before but if it's done poorly, then it's not going to make the show any better.
Jun 2021
animejas said:
Heard there's a game or something related to this series too?

Yep it's a game, the released date isn't yet announced. Still no CBT either, but said that it'll release this year. Subreddit gachagaming is already creating hype with it, knowing the game is Bandai Namco Arts and DeNA collab, which two of popular game company in Japan, plus the MAPPA x Madhouse collab of anime,also known animation studio in Japan.
Jul 2020
wow the animation👏👏👏👏. really like it. storyline? okay and i hope it will keep getting good.
Oct 5, 2021 9:55 AM

Apr 2020
Lol, the amount of Cosette saying she needs more calories is pretty funny for me. Airhead and glutton.
Oct 5, 2021 9:58 AM

Oct 2017
Tbh, I'm not really looking forward to this show. It seems too action-driven (and explosives?), but action in the sense of fighting random monsters, therefore a lack of character growth or any plot apart from fighting stuff.

I at least like that Madhouse is going for pretty individualistic anime. I'm really looking forward to Hakozume.

Also, Mafumafu? <3

Oct 5, 2021 10:00 AM
Sep 2015
Classicaloid meets Listeners? And Takt the conductor has similar face to Vanitas. Interestingly Supercell also has another multi-media project anime sequel Black Rock Shooter. But I'm not appreciate in this kind of sudden franchise universe expansion. You've to had a strong root somewhere, not weak branch everywhere.
Oct 5, 2021 10:03 AM
May 2020
I’ve been thinking, what if the people who wanna listen to music just make a sound proof room and listen music in there. It’s a win-win for both parties right?
Oct 5, 2021 10:08 AM
Jan 2021
As an audience which already see the presentation of the media-mix from Bandai Namco Arts, I'm quite satisfied with the story.

The premise and story are also suitable, not too far from what was presented at that time.

Actually, the concept of the story is also not that heavy.

(compared to Wonder Egg Priority and Vivy Flourite Eye's Song, 2 "experimental" animes that sometimes feel weird following the story, although in a positive sense, the story can still be digested along with the intrinsic elements, extrinsic, and its meanings).

SPOILER ALERT: The main point of the story compiled by the DeNA team and one of the other storywriters (I forget the name) is indeed "the power of music," while the whole story that we watch on our respective TVs, is the result of "fantasy stories" of that concept. The question is, how will this story run in a TV anime of 12-13 episodes (1 cour), with a lighter story than its competitors, Fate series and Madoka Magica as action media-mixes, or will the discussion of stories on music be more like Vivy? We have to watch it till the last episode and over ...

But, for the story, it's enough to give them 10/10.

For animation and graphics, on the main content, I can't rate this on a scale of 1-10, maybe the scale will break if you rate animation and graphics from Madhouse/MAPPA (infinite/10). This is so classical Madhouse graphic and I love it! I also can feel Sonny Boy and Perfect Blue vibes here.

After all, it's a good show, but like other promotional animes for mobage(s), you should take more interest to follow the anime.
Oct 5, 2021 10:08 AM
Sep 2020
Swagernator said:

Honestly, I think it's a bit too early to judge just yet. I can see the plot going in an interesting direction and the character dynamics are solid so far. But yeah, nothing mind-blowing yet
Oct 5, 2021 10:17 AM
Sep 2020
animejas said:
Looks decent but it's definitely not MAPPA's best efforts visually compared to the standards I think they've tried to set in the past couple years, rest of the episode didn't do much for me with the premise and the characters. I can see why it might be popular, but the story and characters leaves a lot to be desired so far. Heard there's a game or something related to this series too?

I believe that this episode was done at Madhouse. Definitely some of their best work in years. As for the story, it's a really basic premise with pretty much everything hindering on great execution. This type of plot (minus the music parts) has been overdone to bits so it's really hard to say where this one will end up.
Oct 5, 2021 10:18 AM

Apr 2018
The quality of animation is mind blowing. The soundtrack is great as well.

I hope it won't disappoint.
Oct 5, 2021 10:19 AM
Jan 2021
Shibo-shonen said:
This feels like some combination of Vivy and Final Fantasy...

Vivy's story is actually written with the elements of idol culture, btw, I knew because some of Vivy's music production staffs were also working for Idoly Pride (and even the main music producers were from MONACA, the company which have worked along with some idol multimedia projects like Wake Up Girls and Aikatsu series). Besides, you could see how they build Diva's character and some other characters about the music and singing.

takt op destiny is actually based on orchestra and classical music culture, which is not discussed too much by the anime and game worlds before (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, perhaps the last to discuss this and being the most famous), even to combine this element with action, it seems that DeNa staff and other story writers feel like experimenting in Here, although not as ambitious as Nojima Shinji (Wonder Egg Priority) and Nagatsuki Tappei (Vivy Flourite Eye's Song) who are quite 'dare to fight for idealism and the strangeness of the story to the last drop of blood', but still 'playing outside of the comfort zone' not like the writers of Odd Taxi (I can't rate Sonny Boy yet, because I haven't learned a lot from there).
Oct 5, 2021 10:20 AM
Jan 2013
Most of it reminded me of the animation from [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control, then a bit from P and S with Garter.
I have no complaints about this :D
Oct 5, 2021 10:25 AM

May 2020
Pretty good first episode not much happend tho aside from Fire animations and funny character interactions , Im looking forward to see more
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Oct 5, 2021 10:34 AM

Nov 2020
It's a fine start. The animation and music are excellent, with the main duo being sort of sub-par characters so far, which is to be expected of a gacha game tie-in, I suppose. There's room for growth.

Anna is a fun character. Really like her energy.
Oct 5, 2021 10:35 AM

Jan 2020
I dunno what I was expecting going into this, but I feel like the story and characters have come off as very forced. I'm already kind of tired of Cosette. Granted -- it's only the first episode. So, maybe my pessimisim should wait another week to see if we get any world-building and development in episode 2. Maybe this week was just all about flexing with sound and visuals?

Either way, the visuals and sound are very stunning. So, at least there is that. And, good or bad, I plan to stick around for the whole thing. Here's hoping it ends up being pretty good though.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 5, 2021 10:36 AM

May 2015
The whole thing felt like movie-grade for some reason, it takes me back when Rage of Bahamut was new. CGI's above-average, the music is very good and definitely delivers, and the visual direction's pretty awesome with the framing and composition pretty much spot-on. The story's fine so far, and the interactions were pretty interesting to the point that I want to see more of it. I'd like to see more of this.

Looking at the end credits, the pilot's storyboard was done by UBW's director, with animators mostly from Madhouse and few freelancers such as Kazuhiro Miwa doing the keys. Inbetweens were done in-house by Madhouse's team, while MAPPA's involvement in this episode was more on the CGI side with V-sign. No wonder the quality of this episode's pretty solid.

This is definitely a Madhouse episode in and out. Now I'm more interested to see whether or not the next episode will be from MAPPA so that we can see if there will be any differences.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Oct 5, 2021 10:42 AM
Jan 2021
Znra said:
The whole thing felt like movie-grade for some reason, it takes me back when Rage of Bahamut was new. CGI's above-average, the music is very good and definitely delivers, and the visual direction's pretty awesome with the framing and composition pretty much spot-on. The story's fine so far, and the interactions were pretty interesting to the point that I want to see more of it. I'd like to see more of this.

Looking at the end credits, the pilot's storyboard was done by UBW's director, with animators mostly from Madhouse and few freelancers such as Kazuhiro Miwa doing the keys. Inbetweens were done in-house by Madhouse's team, while MAPPA's involvement in this episode was more on the CGI side with V-sign. No wonder the quality of this episode's pretty solid.

This is definitely a Madhouse episode in and out. Now I'm more interested to see whether or not the next episode will be from MAPPA so that we can see if there will be any differences.

I'm honestly curious as to how MAPPA's division of labor with Madhouse in this anime is, between its own studio and Madhouse (because it turns out that MAPPA is a producing company too which is also involved in the production committee as well, similar to its role in the Zombie Land Saga series).
teofilusSWOct 5, 2021 10:45 AM
Oct 5, 2021 10:42 AM

Mar 2018
The characters seem cool. You can't play music, an interesting concept.

Amazing fight scenes and amazing music, just hope the story is great enough to not hold these two elements back.

The OP already blows me away.

vF_WackiierOct 5, 2021 10:47 AM
Oct 5, 2021 10:44 AM
Feb 2021
Damn, those were some crazy animations. The story also has an interesting premise. Will definitely keep watching this. Fingers crossed, I hope we get a banger OP.
Oct 5, 2021 10:44 AM

Jan 2014
Seems better than Listeners so far. Just hope this doesn't go down hill super fast.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

24 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 21, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2021

282 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 8, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2021

116 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.