Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 2, 2021 5:30 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this show has a catchy theme song. I'll give them that.

Out of the main cast introduced so far, Kiyoshirou caught my attention the most, probably because of his personality. I feel like this is show is slightly more serious than the recent Digimon Series, at least for some of the more dramatic parts.

I'm actually intrigued by this first episode.
Oct 2, 2021 5:39 PM

Apr 2011
I'm waiting for subs so I only watched the op for now and it sure looks interesting and promising! Please, Toei, don't disappoint me again...
Oct 2, 2021 8:14 PM
Jul 2012
I enjoyed the first episode and I'll definitely continue to watch.
Oct 2, 2021 8:21 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Good start.

In one episode we already have more personality than the previous garbage reboot. Hiro also acts somewhat realistic, his interactions with his classmates and his father were kinda funny, Gammamon is cute, the role Clockmon had in this episode was engaging as a hologram ghost and as expected it looks like so far the introduction to a new audience is there.

So far so good with this episode plus the opening was pretty decent. But considering this is Toei I'll take this with a grain of salt.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 2, 2021 8:32 PM

Apr 2011
Woah, this was so fun?? I thoroughly enjoyed this episode! Vibes are like a mix of Digimon with Gegege no Kitaro. I'm looking forward for more!
Oct 2, 2021 8:32 PM

Apr 2011
Woah, this was so fun?? I thoroughly enjoyed this episode! Vibes are like a mix of Digimon with Gegege no Kitaro. I'm looking forward for more!
Oct 2, 2021 8:59 PM
Aug 2017
This shows some incredible potential, it almost felt like they were going out of their way to address Adventure 2020's shortcomings, both story and characters felt so much more polished, like I actually cared about them.
If it can keep up like this or get even better then I'll finally be able to say a Digimon season is good again and be able to recommend it to friends without multiple warnings about its issues
Oct 2, 2021 9:10 PM

Jul 2013
Looks like from first episode it could be good revival of new Digimon generations. I mean like after Savers/Data Squad there was big gap till Xros Wars/Fusions and after that they was longer gap, but then they tried new Appmon concept and end up reusing first Generation multiple times. These series gave me feeling that Digimon meets Yokai Watch and even Gegege no Kitaro after reading raifuseru's post. The Digital World concept in that world heavy reminds Digimon Xros Wars Arc 3 too. One think bothers me is that at first episode Rookie beats Champion and next episode it will be against Ultimate, but a bit good part is it only beat that champion just enough make him retreat not completely kill it. Can't wait see future episodes.
[size=0]
[/size]
Oct 2, 2021 9:18 PM

Jan 2009
that Clockmon villain seems OP he eats the time of others eh
Oct 2, 2021 9:46 PM

Aug 2018
Ok, it was good the beginning of this new Digimon. Let's see how it will continue. The opening and ending are good.
Oct 2, 2021 10:10 PM

Feb 2020
Pretty good start! Nice OP.

This was better than I expected. Digimon Xros Wars: Aku no Death General to Nanatsu no Oukoku was the latest good entry in this franchise, so it was about time for a decent Digimon series.

Gammamon is cute.

SerafosMar 3, 12:42 AM
Oct 2, 2021 11:24 PM

Jul 2011
You realize that Digimon isn't the same when, is the parent that is abducted, and say that the Digimon is your brother. Making me wonder what the father really doing in the Digital World.

I watched this episode laughing while thinking if this had a Ghost Stories dub treatment.
Oct 3, 2021 12:37 AM

May 2016
New season and new waifu's 😌, Ruri is really cute, can't wait for pixiv and Twitter artists to give us some great Art's about her 😌😏
Anyway it seems that this new Digimon series will be interesting to watch
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2021 12:48 AM
Aug 2020
I really liked the paranormal investigative concept they are using for the show as I think it really works well with Digimon.
It also had a real Digimon Tamers feel to me with it seemingly being set in the real world, the two male and one female protags and the way the enemy digimon are more like mysterious phenomenon rather then just monsters.
Oct 3, 2021 1:23 AM

Sep 2009
Well, I have to say I am very surprised by this episode. A Digimon that "eats" time from other things and beings? It was kind of creepy when he turned that girl and the boy into old people o.o I wouldn't expect this to happen in a Digimon anime, but here we are.
I liked it and it seems interesting and promising. I will keep watching.
AojoOct 4, 2021 5:21 AM
Oct 3, 2021 1:28 AM
May 2011
I already love it. I can't wait to see the other characters more and the Digimon partners
Oct 3, 2021 1:46 AM

Feb 2019
Well this is certainly different from any Digimon I’ve ever seen. I’ve never seen the spin off ones like xros but I heard some people compared it to that. I personally really love the darker story and more horror aspects. The characters and Digimon seem way more interesting too. This has a lot of potential and I hope it’s not squandered
Oct 3, 2021 1:48 AM

Jul 2013
Ruri's personality is nothing I'd imagine from the first promo art.

Cool concept with good potential. Not the best directing and animation though. Camera work in particular looks pretty weak. A bit concerning considering that the Adventure reboot at least nailed the visual in its first few episodes.
Oct 3, 2021 1:54 AM

Nov 2019
I really liked the episode, the main cast seems fun and I liked the interactions and the art a lot, even if the animation isn't the best; the OST was nice for a horror-like series.

Btw I loved the Kitaro (2018) vibes, easily my favorite Kitaro series, and a, seemingly, more light-hearted aproach seems really nice, The first Digimon series that has engaged me since Xros Wars ended (Hunters was a mistake...)
Oct 3, 2021 2:09 AM

Aug 2018
I really went into this just out of curiosity, fully expecting to hate it and drop it from the first episode but gotta say the episode really surprised me in a good way.

I still hate the main characters' childish designs but their personalities are fun so far from what I've seen and surprisingly they have really good voice actors choices there, certainly didn't expect Gaara's VA for the gray-haired dude or Sasha's VA for the girl.

I also liked the implementation of Digimon's designs and names to their abilities or the environment.

Hopefully it doesn't go downhill later like the adventure reboot
Oct 3, 2021 2:31 AM
Sep 2015
Yes, Ghost Game is similar to Yokai Watch. But among Digimon series, it's similar to Digimon Savers (localized name Data Squad) the most. Because both of them integrate Digimon into human's everyday life. In Savers they use Digimon as a part of police force and deploy in a crime involving Digimon. In Ghost Game, Digimon functions as a kind of folklore creatures.

And it goes without saying that I'll definitely watch this since I already watch every Digimon anime and has no plan to stop anytime soon. And it's a plus that this time our hero is cute and he live in a male dormitory too.
Oct 3, 2021 2:50 AM
Jul 2017
Ghost game’s first episode has more storyline (and a better one) that the whole reboot series 🤣
I guess all writers gave up on it and were working on this one.
Oct 3, 2021 2:58 AM

Jan 2016
I'm so hyped. This looks so good
Oct 3, 2021 3:36 AM

Aug 2015
Pretty much what I expected from a first episode albeit with a few interesting caveats. Looking forward to more.
Controversial opinions
Oct 3, 2021 3:47 AM

Oct 2017
The setting kinda feels similar to Digimon Savers and I'm liking it. Both the protag Hiro and Gammamon seems like likeable characters. Hiro's quite smart and Gammamon's adorable. A fun and promising premise. I'm really hoping this one turns out to be good.
Oct 3, 2021 4:54 AM

Jan 2020
Feel like Digimon Tamers all over again
Oct 3, 2021 5:15 AM
Sep 2019
After watching EP 1, not to sure how they "horror" is really gonna play in with it.

Forget who said it, but digimon are not really scary in the horror sense so that's probably gonna fall flat imo.
Oct 3, 2021 5:50 AM

Nov 2016
Might as well give it a few more episodes, even tho I might be bettet off watching Tamers or Frontier.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2021 6:22 AM
Oct 2020
I loved the first episode, hope it keeps this momentum.
Oct 3, 2021 6:25 AM

Oct 2020
Was pleasantly surprised by the first episode. The yokai ghost hunting adds a much needed twist to the formula. Gammamon is adorable. I’m curious about the scar on Hiro’s ear, wonder if that will play in somehow.

Oct 3, 2021 6:25 AM

Apr 2011
Forgot do comment about this last night. I'm very curious about this BlackTailmon in a hoodie.
Oct 3, 2021 6:55 AM

May 2014
Really great first episode. Now THIS is what i wanted from a new Digimon anime. Digimon 2020 was impossible for me to connect with since it re-used the same characters from Adventure, so the fact that they were much worse characters was made more obvious. It felt like a downgrade in every sense from the original show, which i consider to be a masterpiece. No nostalgia goggles for it even!

New characters, a new plot and a new cool style. Coming from the director of one of my favourite anime Hakaba Kitaro, which is funny because it feels a lot closer in tone to Gegege no Kitaro haha. I'm really excited to have a great Digimon series to watch. I'm only really a huge fan of season 1 and 3 of Digimon, i found the rest mediocre to bad honestly. I really like the main character too, his personality is different than what i was expecting. He acts a lot more grown up than i thought he would, voiced by Kobayashi's actress too, so that's cool. I'm sure his Dad, the digital world and how the digivice works will be explained as it goes on. Clockmon was a cool first villain who i hope comes back. It's not like he was killed so he might lol.
Oct 3, 2021 7:30 AM

Jul 2021
this was the first episode I've watched of anything Digimon related at all, since I avoided it like it was the plague growing up and I actually really liked it. Not a big fan of the art style, but assuming this is intended for children I don't really mind it lmao

but speaking of it being intended for children, honestly if I saw that clockmon thing and the scene where it was stealing blondie's time when I was like 8 I probably would've been too scared to watch more. Either way, excited for the next episode and hopefully to get into Digimon more.
Oct 3, 2021 7:37 AM

Mar 2018
I wasn't gonna watch this due to previous hideous reboot at first, but my Sunday slot is missing some shows, and I found Ruri's design cute so here I am without expecting anything. But! Just one episode and it's already looking better. I mean, a plot-related parent? A subtle writing like this is something reboot writers could never write or even think of. Main kids and Gammamon have personality too. A good start so fingers crossed this won't end up a disaster too.

Oct 3, 2021 7:56 AM

Apr 2011
Stark700 said:
Out of the main cast introduced so far, Kiyoshirou caught my attention the most, probably because of his personality. I feel like this is show is slightly more serious than the recent Digimon Series, at least for some of the more dramatic parts.

I'm actually intrigued by this first episode.

I thought Kiyoshiro was going to be my least favourite of the three but he's just so ridiculous I can't help but love him. The scene where he gave Hiro the charm and ran off covered in a dozen charms made me lol.

SViper said:
One think bothers me is that at first episode Rookie beats Champion and next episode it will be against Ultimate, but a bit good part is it only beat that champion just enough make him retreat not completely kill it. Can't wait see future episodes.

I thought the same thing but I get the feeling it's going to be more like Xros Wars with less of an emphasis on levels. The OP showed three different Gammamon forms so maybe they're a new form of evolution how 02 and Frontier introduced armor and spirit evolutions.

_Endless_ said:
I still hate the main characters' childish designs but their personalities are fun so far from what I've seen.

Hopefully it doesn't go downhill later like the adventure reboot

The character designs do still seem like an odd choice. Maybe they thought childlike protags + horror = more of an impact? I mean, I was pretty thrown off when Clockmon almost killed that girl. And it could be leaning into a "learning to conquer your fears" type of message for kids.
Oct 3, 2021 8:14 AM
Apr 2021
It's good, I just didn't like the protagonist's two friends and felt the dialogue was pretty badly written, but the plot is pretty interesting and i'm interested in seeing what happens next.
Oct 3, 2021 8:17 AM

Oct 2013
I just watched Toilet Bound Hanako-kun so I'm already into the "cute but maybe not so cute youkai setup". They're really running ouf ot ideas to come back to this classic trope tho. But... I like this better than appli monsters.

But come on... a digiwatch! could you at least try to not be too Youkai Watch ?...
TitadouOct 3, 2021 8:22 AM
Oct 3, 2021 9:18 AM

Oct 2019
Congrats to Wienners for their first anime opening. Man, they are such an underrated band (at least to my knowledge).

First episode was nice but nothing jaw-droppinly good, but Digimon is always cool imo so imma stay around, hopefully, it'll be better than Digimon 2020.
Oct 3, 2021 9:23 AM

Mar 2015
Decent beginning I guess. The father is extremely irresponsible and I don't like him at all. I'm assuming most of the episodes in the first cour are going to be episodic monster of the week. Hopefully they'll manage to make them interesting and develop characters well.
Oct 3, 2021 9:42 AM
Nov 2015
BliuTiger said:
Decent beginning I guess. The father is extremely irresponsible and I don't like him at all. I'm assuming most of the episodes in the first cour are going to be episodic monster of the week. Hopefully they'll manage to make them interesting and develop characters well.
well we dont the circumstances for the fathers decisions, it may have for the benefits of his son due to a desperate situation, who knows?
Oct 3, 2021 9:45 AM
Nov 2015
So far so good. Its been a long time since ive seen digimon and this is the first series ive seen since tamers so feeling like a kid again and throughly enjoying so far , my only gripe so far is the designs of the humans but thats whatever. And as pointed out by another reviewer I noticed the digimon tamer vibes as well, so thats exciting .
Black_Sheep97Oct 3, 2021 9:49 AM
Oct 3, 2021 10:02 AM

May 2015
This takes place in the future seeing how they're 7G, I wonder how fast it is lol

First a Super Sentai with a non-Red protagonist and now a Digimon with a non-goggle-wearing protagonist? What's going on with Japan...
Oct 3, 2021 10:07 AM

Feb 2019
Been a very long time since I watched even a Pokemon episode and this is the first Digimon episode I've watched. So far it is interesting. Not to mention it has one of my favourite voice actresses in it.

2 more weeks and I'll be able to say for certain if I do truly like it enough to watch all supposed 50/60 episodes that's been mentioned that Digimon generally does.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Oct 3, 2021 10:12 AM

Apr 2014
Woah, this was way better than I thought it would be!

This episode felt well paced. The animation was pretty good, too!

I loved the scenes with Clockmon. They did a really good job making him sinister and scary, I was actually quite shocked by how creepy it looked when the kids turned old.

The scene with Hiro talking to his dad's hologram was also really engaging. I enjoyed the dialogue and the visuals!

This first episode has given me a lot of hope! If they can keep this up, I think I might really like this series.
Oct 3, 2021 10:15 AM

Dec 2013
That was surprisingly good, I liked a lot that mystery vibe and the 3 main kids already have more personality and something going on with them than the kids from the adventure reboot. I was thinking how much I enjoyed Gegege no Kitarou latest reboot and hoping this show would be somewhat similar and so far so good.
Oct 3, 2021 10:32 AM

Apr 2020
That's a great start. Visuals are awesome and Gammamon is very sympathetic.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 3, 2021 11:23 AM

Jun 2021
So the premise is similar to Young Hunters, with a pinch of Cyber Sleuth's Kuremi Agency cases for flavor. I know the show is pretty trope-y and I can compare its elements to many other supernatural shows, but it really does share a lot of specific elements with the Cyber Sleuth games.

It's a pretty good start to the series. The atmosphere is strong, the characters are pretty interesting, the Digimon designs are on point, and the world is pretty interesting. Special props to Hiro; he's a well-meaning and helpful kid, but there's an edge to him. He's good, but not squeaky-clean and innocent.

My biggest complaint is how the main characters look. They don't fit the creepier tone of the show. And aside from Dorm Leader-sama-kun, they look very generic. Hiro doesn't necessarily need goggles, but adding some could spice up his bland look more. I hate his hair. But all that's just nitpicking, so whatever.
Oct 3, 2021 11:32 AM
Jun 2019
I am VERY happy about this so far. After the reboot, which i watched in full, I didn't have the highest expectations however it already seemed interesting. Indeed, this is very fascinating and as many others have mentioned sort of reminds one of Tamers, which is my 2nd favorite anime ever and easily my favorite season of Digimon. Definitely looking forward to the next episode. I was smiling almost the entire time while watching this, the character interactions are organic and not flat like the ones we saw in the reboot.

I think it is no mistake that my favorite series focus on only a few characters at a time. It is a very good omen that there are only three "digidestined" here for this reason. Gammamon is very adorable too. Can't wait for next week. :) Perhaps I should check out this Gegege no Kitarou, if it is similar to this. So charming!
Oct 3, 2021 12:43 PM
Nov 2020
This was great, I hope they keep it up. Feels like the most unique Digimon series so far, but still somehow familiar. So much more interesting than Adventure 2020 and I'm excited to see where this is going.
Oct 3, 2021 1:59 PM
Feb 2017
Titadou said:
I just watched Toilet Bound Hanako-kun so I'm already into the "cute but maybe not so cute youkai setup". They're really running ouf ot ideas to come back to this classic trope tho. But... I like this better than appli monsters.

But come on... a digiwatch! could you at least try to not be too Youkai Watch ?...

By that logic Yokai watch stole Yokai medals from Digimon xros wars digimemories. Y'all really need to stop looking at a watch and a monster and scream "Yokai watch!" When other franchises like shin megami tensei already did that. Otherwise we're just going to have the "Pokemon rip-off" problem all over again, an inaccurate accusation based on superficial things. This is really just a digivice with with a wristband.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» We have to be honest and say the truth about this anime

KuronoAlien - Mar 31, 2023

19 by Serafos »»
Mar 3, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

50 by Hound-of-MAL »»
Sep 2, 2023 4:33 AM

» Season 2!?!?

Bolillo99 - Mar 26, 2023

6 by TheBerserker »»
May 23, 2023 11:30 PM

» list some sexy digimons

deg - Feb 26, 2023

33 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Apr 8, 2023 9:36 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 43 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

16 by TripleC »»
Apr 6, 2023 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.