Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 1 Discussion

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 6, 2021 11:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Pretty calming OP. The region of Zoltan sounds like a nice area to retire too. Still Red's dream sure is a admirable one. Rather than trying to find riches he prefers to instead aspire to open his own Apothecary and help people. Must be tough though when your younger sister is the hero. Wow Albert sure was one arrogant fellow. Its nice to see that Red has lost none of his skills as a adventurer though. Took some time but its nice to see Red get his shop open. Red's speech at the party did well to outline his aspirations in life though. Overall an interesting opening ep that did well to introduce the mc and the world as well as the kind of pace that we can expect. While his abilities as an adventurer are powerful the fact that he only uses it to help people and not show off was an interesting idea in itself. Curious to see what will happen when Rit meets him though. This series has a pretty similar feel to Realist hero too which is another bonus.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2021 11:09 AM

Jan 2020
Cute characters, interesting plot hook, and veerrrrryyyy pretty animation

Gonna enjoy this one for sure 😊
Oct 6, 2021 11:15 AM

Jul 2014
Dude, you can't do this to me, you can't give me a big titted cute girl voiced by Nao Touyama and not have her be the main girl. I hope I like the female MC more than the receptionist xD. So far at least I like her character design.

Other than that, this was a pretty good start. MC is quite likeable, Ares is an asshole and I don't know what to think of the little sister so yeah, looking forward to more.
Oct 6, 2021 12:40 PM

May 2016
why are people crying about shitty characters? were they not like there for a one time thing and not there every single episode? jesus
Oct 6, 2021 12:46 PM

Jun 2013
Didn't we have a similar anime this past season 🤔
Oct 6, 2021 1:02 PM
Mar 2021
I bet that red was keeping ruti sane the whole time that red was in the party, and ares just destroyed that. I also want ares to die a horrible death.
Oct 6, 2021 1:49 PM

Aug 2013
Ares is the very definition of an asshole. He must have had another reason to kick Red out of the party.

I was surprised by the OP and ED and I'm looking forward to more of this.

Oct 6, 2021 1:51 PM

Apr 2018
A pretty comfy vibe that this SOL gives off. The OP is chill as hell.
Not sold out for the character designs which are pretty standard and reminds me of the dungeon anime from last year. An enjoyable watch IG.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 6, 2021 2:52 PM

Apr 2015
And here we have the more laid back show of the season, at least so I thought, but I still see something for the plot where Red will be dragged into, for example his Imouto..

It's a decent start, one I will most definitely stick with cause I can never grow tired of blondes with blue eyes. I am gonna love Rit this season that's for sure. Then again all the other girls are pretty good, Adventure Guild girl as well.

Production value is better than expected, didn't really have high expectations in that regard due to some relatively unknown studios working on this show.
Oct 6, 2021 2:58 PM

Jul 2021
Honestly, I started the first episode with very low expectations and I'm actually impressed. In typical fantasy hero animes, we always see the hero go to stores at multiple times and that's usually it. We never really see what it's like being one of the shopkeepers or just a normal citizen living in a fantasy world like that which is why I'm pretty interested in this.

Whilst I think it could've been alot better, I'm still pleasantly surprised.
Oct 6, 2021 3:36 PM
Nov 2016
First episode, slow life & low profile MC, im giving them 8 score for now! I'm enjoying this anime:)
Oct 6, 2021 3:38 PM
Nov 2016
Is Medria-san character voiced by Nao Touyama? I can't see her in the character list
Oct 6, 2021 4:01 PM
Mar 2012
What a nice start. As both a light novel and manga reader this has the potential to be exceptional.
Oct 6, 2021 4:40 PM

Sep 2020
They've made some excellent musical choices to really enhance that slow life feeling in this first episode.
NapS_ said:
Is Medria-san character voiced by Nao Touyama? I can't see her in the character list

Yes.
Oct 6, 2021 5:11 PM

Dec 2019
Not gonna lie, I kinda love the show...slow and steady.

But I really think that Ruti Girl is another obnoxious character with Anicon Complex.

I really hope they're keep it solid and realistic.
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..

Oct 6, 2021 5:13 PM

Dec 2019
NapS_ said:
First episode, slow life & low profile MC, im giving them 8 score for now! I'm enjoying this anime:)

AN 8???!! Wouldn't that be too much ??? Hahaha...I gave it 8 too... let's finger cross hoping they wouldn't disappoint us sooner. . .
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..

Oct 6, 2021 5:44 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Really liked the pacing, and i already read the manga, and the relationship of the two main characters is pure gold, this will be fun.
Oct 6, 2021 5:59 PM

Dec 2013
Ehhh, boring Mc so a pass for me, not even that blonde cutie can save it.
Oct 6, 2021 6:53 PM
Jul 2018
This show showed a lot of good things and presented the characters that practically this episode was an introduction to the environment where they are the protagonist along with other characters.
Oct 6, 2021 6:55 PM

Jun 2021
Zoltan : You gotta activate the...

Space Nerds : Photon Accelerator Annihilation Beam!
Oct 6, 2021 8:26 PM

Jan 2011
well this didn't really do much for me but it's okay, glad it isn't really edgy with such a insanely long dumb title

though i feel the OP and ED nailed the chill vibes far more than the actual show those were hitting laid back camp levels of comfy vibes for music.

will give it a few more goes dude is just a drugdealer for is pasttime now really hope it isn't like last dungeon where hes actually insanely op despite being told hes useless since hes surrounded by a bunch of weak nobodies compared to where he used to be in the heroes party
Oct 6, 2021 8:47 PM

Jun 2021
This anime will be so good guys, the couple that are the main characters are so nice

U will see <3
Oct 6, 2021 9:21 PM

Dec 2014
Truth be told I was kinda uninterested in this thing until I saw the ED. If the ED really is a teaser for what's to come i.e. if this is going to stick to being a romance/slice of life, it could turn out to be good. If they decide to turn the plot over it's head and start fighting bad guys and save the world, I think it will go downhill fast. I guess I'll stick around for a few more episodes to see which direction it goes in.

The OP and ED definitely had a much stronger atmosphere than the entire episode, not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
Oct 6, 2021 9:23 PM
Dec 2017
Not a bad 1st episode at all, OP and ED were amazing
Oct 6, 2021 10:35 PM

Oct 2008
so is this the next Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Serious mode? lolz
let's see...
4/5.

Oct 6, 2021 10:50 PM
Jul 2020
I love this show though this anime seems like mixtures of some popular anime idea thrown together

No judgement No criticism also because I loved this anime
Oct 6, 2021 11:06 PM

Apr 2019
The art and music are good, I'm looking forward for more episodes
Oct 6, 2021 11:08 PM
Aug 2018
Wow that was actually very entertaining, I mean I assumed because of the score it would at least be fun but I just really like the vibe this show gives and omg that Op was awesome so calming yet amazing beat
Oct 7, 2021 12:25 AM
Mar 2021
I am so glad it finally aired, I was in love with the web novel and the first episode didn't disappoint the hype I had for this show. Can't wait for the next one
Oct 7, 2021 2:17 AM

Oct 2016
I really enjoyed that, I loved the chill vibes and we haven't even officially met the waifu yet. Honestly craving for more. This is way better than Cheat Pharmacist Isekai last season for me.

Fuck Ares though, what a piece of shit. OP and ED where super comfy though, made me forget about Ares's bitch ass. Looking forward for more comf.
Oct 7, 2021 5:01 AM

Nov 2013
Yeah just a show about nothing.. next.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 7, 2021 6:48 AM

May 2018
I can also appreciate the slow life, thought I don't know how it would constitute an engaging story.
Oct 7, 2021 7:42 AM

Jun 2016
" slow life "
i think this anime same like cheat kakushi slow life and that so boring to watch !!
Oct 7, 2021 9:08 AM

Aug 2013
Chill first episode so far and a little backstory for Red. I'm honestly watching this just for the romance but I hope it comes with a more interesting story cause it's feeling like it'll have some sort of twist at some point lol
Oct 7, 2021 9:42 AM
Feb 2021
It's probably out on Crunchyroll so I shall be watching it tomorrow
Oct 7, 2021 6:46 PM
Jul 2021
This was better than I thought it'd be (3rd pharmacy isekai of the year, that should be it's own genre at this point), interested in seeing what happens next.

The way blonde lady learned about the MC was really contrived though. Receptionist just randomly going on at length and publically about his crime and how the guild overlooked it? They could've found a less hamfisted way to do that.
Oct 8, 2021 1:53 AM
Oct 2017
It's legit amazing how this anime manages to make an unlikeable MC, disrespect it's own plot summary and show the author has no idea what he's writing all in just a single episode.

He should've made this an isekai at this point, if he's gonna add so many wish-fulfilment cliches from it.
Oct 8, 2021 4:32 AM

Mar 2014
when the opening song hit, i was like yoo yuru camp here we go.
when the main story began, i was like oh another light novel adapted shit with a long ass title
Oct 8, 2021 4:58 PM
Dec 2019
I kind of like this anime because I like how Red just wants to open a shop and live a slow life. I hope this show is good. So far after the first ep I think that it's going to be good.
Oct 8, 2021 5:57 PM
Mar 2012
kinda average, feels like Cheat Kusushi but more slow-life.
A few annoying adventurers, but likely justifies why Red's going for laidback pharmacy. lol Guild receptionist totally into Red.
Oct 9, 2021 2:20 AM
Jan 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
Wow, seriously that dude who was his party member can go F#$# himself. He was higher level then them first and he didn't say that shit to them right? Also, he was with them fighting and working together and they TAKE his shit? I know this is slice of life so it won't happen but I really wish his party would go die already because they didn't have a guide, that one conversation made me despise him. Just because he was using gear to fight doesn't mean he wasn't fighting and wasn't a member of the party. Ugh. He better not forgive them and become an ally with them EVER. CS'er

Well, you'll be happy to hear what happens to the party without Red (if the adaptation gets it right). At least in the Light Novel it's often shown what the Hero's party is doing at the moment.
Oct 9, 2021 3:31 AM
May 2017
watching for kanon takao. i can hear noelle in every word 👉👈
Oct 9, 2021 7:15 AM
Jul 2021
Lit design look like old design from anime in2000s, Weak Seiyuu
Oct 9, 2021 10:50 AM
Feb 2016
It was a fine start, I hope it doesn't turn out to be the generic "hero comeback stronger that everybody".
I like the slice of life vibe.
Oct 9, 2021 11:40 AM

Aug 2020
pretty good episode liked the new concept also i guess i will read the ln sometime
Oct 9, 2021 12:36 PM

Jul 2015
man.. these are the type of slice of life anime that i like.. people from war trying their best to live a normal life..

The OP/ED shows that Red and Rit might not be just yer avg "dense couple" but they rather might get really intimate with each other.. (ihopeso)
Oct 9, 2021 1:06 PM

Dec 2012
Looks better than previous Slow Life series first episodes I guess
Oct 9, 2021 5:47 PM

Nov 2017
aLotQuestion_ said:
I don't really like this show after watching the first episode.

Red wanted to be a pharmacist yet he is known as the best "doctor" in the village.

Then what is the point of the actual doctor, the old bald guy we saw?

Also, I am surprised that he doesn't even own anything yet despite being known as on of the best in the village.

This is contradicting.
Red isn't known as the best "doctor" in the village,he's an Apothecary,and as such knows more about herbs and such(due to his skills)than the doctors,which is why he wanted to open his own Apothecary shop,and he doesn't own that yet since he still has to spend money on lodgings and such whilst making money by gathering and selling herbs.
Oct 9, 2021 5:49 PM

Nov 2017
Being an LN reader I thought this was quite a good adaption.They got Red's character decently,the animation isn't bad,the OP was pretty good,though I'm not that taken with the ED.All in all,very good so far.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2021

102 by LuciferIAm »»
Apr 18, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2021

149 by Zzz168 »»
Apr 15, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

75 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 8, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2021

81 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 7, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2021

88 by S-Lumiere »»
Apr 6, 12:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.