Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 16, 2021 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The final episode (in the TV order) does has SOME kind of finality on it.

Sally facing against Tree Oni Juki and Sister Millia (Hair Oni Hatsuki before), but nothing fazes the new Momotaro-awakened character of a former princess, and defeat Juki with ease. Carrot knows that Sumeragi is behind this, but she's being cautious (at this stage of the story). Also, this is the first time that both Mikoto and Sumeragi officially meet, so there's tension between both people, regardless that Mask Oni Somenki is without a body.

It's nice to see that Frau, Carrot, Hawthorn and even Winnie finally acknowledge Sally from her Momotaro powers and the will to make her dream of humans and demons co-existence work.

But alas, this is a very abrupt ending made worse by Shigeru Ueda's direction.
KANLen09Sep 16, 2021 7:22 AM
Sep 16, 2021 7:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice they beat the ogre tree and now they'll continue their adventure... it really feels like the anime can continue with a S2 but if it's the case please they need to stop that weird chronological broadcast
Sep 16, 2021 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
Ass in pretty much every way.

Still don't understand why a generic and painfully average at best story like this needed to be aired out of order... Pretty much gains nothing other than confusing the audience for no rhyme or reason.

The lazy animation, boring as fuck & stale characters, mediocre art, and the god awful directing ultimately ruined this show for me. Story doesn't even need to be mentioned, it was that forgettable.

Overall a 2/10 at best from me.
removed-userSep 16, 2021 8:23 AM
Sep 16, 2021 8:21 AM
May 2017
Phyc0ticK1ller said:

Still don't understand why a generic and painfully average at best story like this needed to be aired out of order... Pretty much gains nothing by doing that other than confusing the audience for no rhyme or reason.

The lazy animation, boring as fuck & stale characters, mediocre art, and the god awful directing ultimately ruined this show for me. Story doesn't even need to be mentioned, it was that forgettable.

Overall a 2/10 at best from me.

Still don't understand why a generic and painfully average at best story like this needed to be aired out of order... Pretty much gains nothing by doing that other than confusing the audience for no rhyme or reason.

Overall a 2/10 at best from me

ALBERT BELDAD
Sep 16, 2021 8:24 AM
Sep 2015
Quite a strange experience, but I enjoy some moments in this.

While Sally and Frau are leading female protagonists, and Mikoto as deuteragonist, Hawthorn's presence is quite big even though he has no special power. The story could make him a protatonist with a harem but he's kind enough to let girls take all the action from him.
Sep 16, 2021 8:40 AM

Feb 2019
This show started hot, but I think the confusing timelines and episodes airing out of order took a lot of the wind out of its sails. It was still enjoyable to watch, but after the first couple of weeks definitely didn’t hit the same. Don’t think I’ll be reviewing it.

There’s some interesting questions like Sumeragi’s origins and what exactly is the peach eye that I’d like to see answered, but I don’t think we’ll be getting a second season, so manga it is.
Sep 16, 2021 8:55 AM
Jul 2021
The final episode was alright but I still think that cliffhanger would have been a better ending, also opening up season 2 chances. I am sure the manga is far better than the adaptation so I might start reading it soon.

Overall, the anime gets a 5-6/10.
I don't know what to put here :P
Sep 16, 2021 8:57 AM

Dec 2017
I had fun with every episode, even if it was out of order. I wasn't ever confused or anything so it didn't really matter too much for me.

Also the OST in the show is great imo, scenes were really cool with some of them.

9/10, will probably read the manga to see what's next.
Sep 16, 2021 9:09 AM

Jun 2021
Yes, it did have smth like a final episode should have like the message of continuing their journey at the end but I really think the episodes were out of order. Even I got confused sometimes with the timeline.
The best episode I enjoyed was the past of Mikoto through the dog but not much anything else

Overall the anime was OK (5) for me, but it could be better ig.
Sep 16, 2021 9:19 AM
May 2016
I mean it wasn't boring or anything, the characters were OK, Frau was cute, but overall pretty MEH. Started with potential but never really did anything with it. Their motivations all seem pretty contrived and later revelations don't really help or add anything, and I really wasn't left with a desire to see where this goes. For how tropey it is, I can pretty much guess. 5-6/10
Sep 16, 2021 9:48 AM

Jul 2011
If wasn't the order this anime would be better, almost zero surprise of what will happen because of that.

This ending was slightly interesting just just because of the punch, other than that we already knew the overall plot.
Sep 16, 2021 9:52 AM
Jul 2021
WHY do her powers NEVER Activate in front of enemies, when she's in danger they are worst powers ever. Also, what the HELL is Sumeragi?! Lol, also damnit Carot giving information to that scumbag. And they SERIOUSLY should have went all out and did a good fight with great animation to make people WANT to see S2 that didn't really get into S1 but just kept watching. What a boring finale, I can't believe Sumeragi and Mikoto didn't fight!?! 👎🤬😩 It was like they did animation good once or maybe twice just to hook people early and then cheaped out later.
DKDiabloLichtSep 16, 2021 10:08 AM
Sep 16, 2021 10:02 AM

Sep 2015
Despite it not releasing in order, it was still a fun watch, I never procrastinated when watching this anime.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 16, 2021 10:10 AM
Jul 2021
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Despite it not releasing in order, it was still a fun watch, I never procrastinated when watching this anime.

Yeah the order was really stupid to me anyway. Like Mikoto was with the Hair Oni after the finale right? And I seriously can't believe they didn't even try to do a well Animated fight for the Finale! Cheap bastards. I enjoyed this but with the order and the lack of exciting ending (talking and ONE Punch?! Who is this Saitama? Lol) I don't think it'll get a S2. But I'll watch it in hopes they get a better budget. Btw that ED is great 👍.
Sep 16, 2021 10:30 AM

Feb 2019
That would work great as a finale.....but we already know what happens to the characters after this....

We are also still left with so many hanging plot threads...so...we are still left wanting an ending. Jumbling the episodes made no sense and was a pointless distraction.
Sep 16, 2021 10:38 AM

Jul 2015
Despite that Banger of an ED..
there really wasn't anything else of praiseworthy.. only noticeable things were the Fanservice clothes of Sally..
Tho.. it probably was the most edgiest anime i have seen in a while.. if this does somehow gets an S2 i will most likely watch it.. but as far as going to read source manga? naaah.. i'll pass.. too generic for me..
Also.. besides ED.. the anime had some really nice medieval sounding OSTs that really made a soulless 1 frame per second action scene quite hype!
Sep 16, 2021 10:42 AM

Dec 2010
Well that was pretty average all-around, but the concept certainly was interesting. This gets a 7 from me, or that's what I'd like to say, but thanks to Sally's massive tits I'm pushing the score up to an 8.

Anyway, why the hell did the director think changing the broadcast order would be a good idea? This episode wasn't nearly as great of an ending as the Mikoto flashback episode.
Sep 16, 2021 10:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, that was .. quite mediocre for the finale episode, honestly.

I'd a bad feeling when the two, chronological and director, orders were unveiled, and that's proven to be true. Didn't care at some point to match up the events and such, I suppose that really sums up my impression of the show.

A couple of things I did appreciate though was the ED theme song and a certain battle ost which really complimented a scene from this episode as well.

But yeah, that really isn't worth a lot in the grand scheme of things (sorry CoolKyou-sensei) and so a 4/10 sounds about right to me.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 16, 2021 10:52 AM

Nov 2018
What a ride from peach boy, despite being controversial about the order airing personally i really enjoy watching it!!
So many rich bgm in this episode, cant get enough!!
Hopefully there is s2 in future!
Sep 16, 2021 11:19 AM

Apr 2018
well what can you even say, this isnt even the final episode LOL
anyway, it was a mess but it was kind of of enjoyable ig

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 16, 2021 11:38 AM

May 2021
Well this was a better ending than the original ending if I have to give something to the dumbass decision of airing this out of order. The fucking tree CGI was so horrible to watch lmao Not to much to take from this anime, at least I had some fun laughing at its stupidity

Sep 16, 2021 12:09 PM

Jan 2012
And so we end with dispatching the tree ogre. I'm not gonna beat around the bush here. I thought this series was okay, fine, average, whatever synonym you want to use. I'm gonna give it a generous 6 out of 10 because it looked fine and was inoffensive and I'm a pretty generous scorer in general. Really I only have two big observations on it as a whole, both likely already well covered among message boards talking about the series. First, while I haven't gone in depth research wise about it, from what I understand this series was aired out of chronological order for the sole reason that the director thought it would be cool to do that. As far as I know the source material is not presented like this, instead it is your average chronological order story. Did the director think this would make the series stand out from the rest airing this season? I can't say, but it certainly seems that way to me, as an outsider looking in. This airing order felt very gimmicky to me and, frankly, desperate. If you're that worried your series isn't good enough that you need to try such a desperate ploy to get people talking about it that's probably not a good sign. The only positive I can say about it is I can at least understand not wanting to end a season on Mikoto's backstory, which I believe is the real last episode chronologically speaking. Still, that's not much of an excuse. And while I ultimately wasn't all that confused by this air order, I could easily see it confusing other people in the audience, which to me seems counterproductive.

Second, and to me much more surprising, from what I understand Coolkyoushinsa or however that name is spelled took part in this. If you had told me someone whose other work I was fairly well familiar with wrote this and asked me to guess who it was never in a million years would I have guessed him. For one thing the art looks pretty much NOTHING like his work. But that makes sense if he only did the story I suppose. With that in mind I must say, of all the Coolkyoublahblah manga I've read and anime I've watched this was easily the weakest. Honestly nothing else comes close. Chichi Chichi is nothing but big, beautiful tits and it kicks the shit out of this. But to close I'll just repeat my opening thought. This was alright. I won't say I'd never watch a sequel if it gets one, not that I expect it to, but let's just say it wouldn't be something I felt the need to watch. Certainly not weekly as it aired like it did this season. Generous 6/10.
animefan8800Sep 16, 2021 12:13 PM
Sep 16, 2021 12:15 PM
Dec 2007
A pretty good show but the viewing order ruined things. I still enjoyed what I saw but there was no reason to air it the way they did.
Sep 16, 2021 12:17 PM

Jun 2017
I also think it was pretty solid but the mixed order was really meh. If it gets an S2 hopefully they will do it right. xD
Sep 16, 2021 12:22 PM

Jan 2021
It was a pretty good anime, but the airing order was really a pain in the a*s
Error: there Is a 1/2 Day delay in this signature
Sep 16, 2021 1:23 PM

May 2016
atrocious anime. Even if it was in order, it would still be atrocious in every way possible. jesus christ above.
Sep 16, 2021 2:03 PM

Aug 2008
No amount of mixed episode order or other gimmicks can cover what a pointless piece of shit this series was. If it wasn't for double play speed, I'd never finish it. I had to fast forward last couple of episodes anyway. How can you put a cretin character like Sally, which would normally be in a kids show, in something attempting to be edgy. Garbage like this makes me want to stop watching new anime altogether.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 16, 2021 2:42 PM
Dec 2020
I liked it, *isnt a spoiler*. I preferred the manga the ordering was better. I read the manga after seeing episode 1 and can say the manga made 20x more sense. I recommend you read it even if you usually dont read manga
Sep 16, 2021 2:43 PM
Dec 2020
Antanaru said:
No amount of mixed episode order or other gimmicks can cover what a pointless piece of shit this series was. If it wasn't for double play speed, I'd never finish it. I had to fast forward last couple of episodes anyway. How can you put a cretin character like Sally, which would normally be in a kids show, in something attempting to be edgy. Garbage like this makes me want to stop watching new anime altogether.
. I skipped after episode 3 and went straight to 12. From doing that is was alright
Sep 16, 2021 2:43 PM
Dec 2020
Antanaru said:
. I skipped after episode 3 and went straight to 12. From doing that is was alright (because i read the manga
Sep 16, 2021 3:07 PM

Apr 2015
The director really ruined a good show with potential by this weird ass "on-air" order... So glad I picked up the Manga after the first couple of episodes, cause I would have been absolutely lost otherwise.

Overall not much else to say.
On-air order is getting a 5/10 from me, but if it were to be watched chronologically, I might just give this a 7/10.. Will I watch it again chronologically, nah.. better to continue with the Manga.
Sep 16, 2021 3:56 PM
Apr 2021
I can see why they would choose this to be the final episode, but the airdate change is still the worst possible choice ever.
Sep 16, 2021 4:08 PM

Jan 2020
Good story horrible adaptation. 5/10
I rather read manga than rewatch this again
Sep 16, 2021 4:20 PM

Nov 2011
This was the dumbest ending ever! And it's even more confusing now because how did Millia get amnesia? I assumed it was from Sally. Sally didn't even do anything that severe to her outside of punching her in the stomach. I had assumed she took her horn but it wasn't that bad.

This whole series was a giant cluster fuck HOWEVER if the damn show was in ORDER it would actually be an okay anime to watch...never again though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 16, 2021 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't expect it to be the last episode but it was also very interesting the dialogues from the tree talking about the Ogres.
Sep 16, 2021 5:52 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah there was zero good reason for the airing order. The show gained nothing from it other than the ire of the viewer. Sally's thiccness can only make up for so much.
Sep 16, 2021 7:33 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Honestly, while this episode was definitely supposed to be in the middle of the show, it worked as a final episode imo, just like how the first episode worked as a good episode 1 despite actually being episode 2. Also I think my favorite Sally moment happened in this episode. She went from “come on guys can we please make peace” to “YOU’RE MAKING PEACE RIGHT NOW OR SO HELP ME”.

Now while this wasn’t the most popular show this season, and the weird TV order this had didn’t help it, I still really enjoyed this show. Even with the ordering, I could still easily understand what was happening and in what order, and I personally grew to like most of the characters a lot. It was always fun to see Mikoto slice up some ogres, and I liked the journey Sally and the gang were having.

I also loved the character designs, most of the ogres had interesting designs and the MCs had good ones too, honestly an underrated show this season and it’s a shame it’s probably gonna be rated poorly, but I hope this gets another season at some point, I doubt it but I’d like to see another one.
Sep 16, 2021 8:52 PM

Aug 2019
this show could’ve easily been a 6 if it wasn’t aired in this stupid order, I really hope the director learns from this mistake
Sep 17, 2021 12:11 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good finale! Enjoyed the show overall, the airing order didn't really bother me. Either way, it wouldn't really matter at the end of the day, since you can always watch it by order at the end. Gonna start reading the manga after I finish reading some other mangas. 7.5/10
Sep 17, 2021 1:49 AM

May 2013
Why did they have to shuffle the order I was looking forward to on what's going to happen next but I can't since it's not in order.

I was really interested with the cast of characters and the overall story looking forward to a next season though highly unlikely.
Sep 17, 2021 2:40 AM

Jun 2013
I overall enjoyed the show, the out of order thing brought it down from a 7 to a 6 for me. I liked Sally Frau and Carrot a lot, specially Carrot's character development. Hawthorne was a good bro. The rest was pretty meh. I found most scenes with Sumeragi super annoying. I'd watch a Season 2 if it ever releases but please make it chronological.
I didn't really like Makoto past EP6 anymore, although his backstory was interesting.
Sally's naive bullshit definitely carried the show for me, but it had way less impact, again, because it was not chronological.

Overall 6\10
Sep 17, 2021 4:21 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
It was an okay anime. I for sure could have more fun watching it if it werent for that weird chronological episode order they did for no reason whatsoever. Atleast none i can think of. I'd be suprised if it gets a 2nd season soon

smoochie smoochie

Sep 17, 2021 5:02 AM

Jun 2016
kinda so sad this now end !!
enjoyed every episode of this !!!

screw the scoreS !!
Sep 17, 2021 5:05 AM
Dec 2020
I really just can’t stand sally at all I wish she’d just died

Princesses orders my ass
Sep 17, 2021 6:42 AM

Aug 2018
Not horrible to watch, I gave it a 6 for a couple reasons :

- Very weird & disturbing order of episodes, created an unnecessary confusion or even an annoyance
- Characters not very interesting overall, no one whom I'll remember in a month for sure
- This overflow of "wanna be peacemaker" combined with the overall gore/mature universe was irritating me
- Don't know where the story is going, even after the last episode

As for the positive points, hum, fights not so bad, some interesting characters (Mikoto especially) and the fact they didn't censor or hid the several killings.

If a second season were to be announced, I'd watch it anyway. Just hoping for a consistant order rather than a confusing mixup.
Sep 17, 2021 7:22 AM

Jul 2012
Was looking forward for adaptation cause really like manga, though didn't have much expectations, but unfortunately it came out worse than the low expectations ...

Obv. the amazing decision for order ...

The animation was decent as expected, but manga looks so much better. And in general it felt so shallow, always felt like something was missing.
Didn't like music at all, felt like it didn't fit most of the time (at all).

Dissapointed in the end, something like 6-7 would be ok, but 5 is the max. 5/10
Sep 17, 2021 7:37 AM
Oct 2019
Pretty average anime,could have been a lot better if the anime was in chronological order to avoid confusion and spoilers.Also the animation was bof but some scenes were agreeable to watch.
Sep 17, 2021 8:37 AM

May 2012
I love this anime. It was enjoyable to watch. The order of the episodes did not bother me.

I wish if it had 2nd season !!
Sep 17, 2021 11:54 AM

May 2015
Final episode? pfffff that aired a few weeks ago. Ironically, tho, it worked, it actually felt like a final episode and anyways we finally got to see Sally kick some ass at LAST, ENOUGH with others stealing her spotlight. And I thought Winnie knew about her eye power and would reveal but I guess not... or I missed something?
"Make peace, or I'll kill you both!" I loved that savage line, fuck negotiations lmao.
Anyways, real order:
04 > 01 > 02 > 07 > 11 > 12 > 05 > 06 > 03 > 08 > 10 > 09
but I think it should be either:
09 > 04 > 01 > 02 > 07 > 11 > 12 > 05 > 06 > 03 > 08 > 10
or
04 > 01 > 02 > 07 > 11 > 12 > 05 > 06 > 03 > 08 > 09> 10.
Time to rewatch this mess of an anime in it's actual order.
TheBerserkerSep 17, 2021 12:28 PM
Sep 17, 2021 12:41 PM

Jan 2018
Disapponiting. We need more Peach boy. The title of this anime should be Peach Girl Riverside if we see sally more than him.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

29 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 4:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.