Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 15, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What an interesting episode. It's almost like a character study of the dragon species.

Loved the animation style of this episode. In particular, the falling water scene presented a surreal feeling with the narration. The storytelling gave this episode a strong feeling of classic fantasy storytelling imo. Very well done.

Sep 15, 2021 8:57 AM
Oct 2020
another great episode of Maid Dragon 😊💖
Sep 15, 2021 9:07 AM
Aug 2020
guys i think this season is better than the first one...at least for me
Sep 15, 2021 9:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not surprising that Kobayashi has back pain with that kind of work xD I'm not a huge fan of the explanations/backstory part but it was still interesting, especially with that great animation
Sep 15, 2021 9:22 AM

Apr 2016
Eeey, Kobayashi turned into an old geezer and did not even needed a single drop of alcohol this time lol.

Shouta's father and Tohru's father are friends ? Was not aware of that. We also got a little glimpse on the history of the other world and the "origin" of Tohru (baby Tohru was super cute btw). And you know what, despite all the stuff that happened, Emperor of Demise is a good dad.
Sep 15, 2021 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
Kobayashi NEEDS to relax. Finally I've been waiting for the leftover chapters to be adapted.

Didn't think that Kobayashi would need THAT many massage devices, but Tohru's been thinking of how to serve her, and now should be the time to be sensible...not serving fried dragon's tail as usual. Seeking out Makoto and Elma's advice to simply bad posture, and also gotta keep yourself in check when emotions get fizzled with desires.

A recognition inhibitory magic spell that Tohru created to reach Ilulu and Kanna, that's great. But the focus is with Kobayashi's company director whom knows of the dragons through her dad the Emperor of Demise, which are friends with him.

The legend of the dragons and their never-ending war is an interesting case study altogether between different factions. Chibi dragon Tohru is nice to see before she went amok, escaped into the human world and coincidentally met with Kobayashi. Peering more from Tohru's POV, and the story gets even deeper with her freedom which she fought so hard for, she's one who could end this war, but Kobayashi entered her life while Tohru was fighting for hers.

An introspective lesson that brings back how we see Tohru and Kobayashi's relationship blossom. Loved this episode a lot to learn something.
Sep 15, 2021 9:29 AM

Jun 2019
Kobayashi is going through a hard time with her back. LOL. A massage from Ilulu's breasts would be nice for everyone but not the thing that Kobayashi likes. Tohru took Takiya and Elma's advice and gave Kobayashi a great tail massage.

Programming was invented by mages? That's rather interesting. LOL So... we got to see Tohru's past and how she came to be what she's now. It was rather interesting to see how her father used to feel about her as his daughter, Tohru (so cute :3). Later, hearing it from Tohru's POV was nice but sad in a way and later the one who pulled her out of her loneliness was Kobayashi. That was so sweet and quite filled with emotions.
Sep 15, 2021 9:29 AM
Sep 2021
Great episode, but had a more serious mood. Tohru’s past was kind of sad. Thankfully she found comfort in Kobayashi.
Sep 15, 2021 9:34 AM

Feb 2020
Kobayashi was suffering from lower-back pain, but fortunately Tohru's tail massage was the perfect cure for it. xD

The second part had some interesting storytelling and visuals. I found the whole backstory pretty fascinating. Baby Tohru and Kanna were so cute! <3

*Bzzzzzzzz!*

SerafosJan 9, 10:26 AM
Sep 15, 2021 9:40 AM

Apr 2014
Tohru's tail meat!!!!! I really miss that. Little Tohru was very cuuuuuuteeee.
It was surprising that programming was invented by mages. lmao... Pretty serious and sad episode though.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 15, 2021 9:41 AM
Oct 2020
a good episode for Tooru and Kobayashi. Your father returns but it was peaceful this time.
Sep 15, 2021 9:43 AM

May 2021
Baby Tohru was extremely cute. When I heard about Tohru’s backstory from her father and from her own perspective it made me quite said also. Baby Kanna was also extremely cute too xD. Looking forward to the next episode.
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 15, 2021 9:43 AM
Oct 2020
next and final episode of s2, how sad, I wait for the announcement of the third season by Kyoto Animation. have you seen Lucoa's dragon form? she is huge.
Sep 15, 2021 9:45 AM

Sep 2011
Another good episode, it's a pity the next one is going to be the last :( The second part of this episode explained us with more details Toohru's past. It was interesting and also sad.

BTW, how cute is Kanna <3
Sep 15, 2021 9:46 AM
Oct 2020
Rem4lifexD said:
Baby Tohru was extremely cute. When I heard about Tohru’s backstory from her father and from her own perspective it made me quite said also. Baby Kanna was also extremely cute too xD. Looking forward to the next episode.
have you seen Lucoa's dragon form? it's huge and beautiful.
Sep 15, 2021 9:52 AM
Oct 2020
otakuclub94 said:
Another good episode, it's a pity the next one is going to be the last :( The second part of this episode explained us with more details Toohru's past. It was interesting and also sad.

how to add image to comment?
Sep 15, 2021 9:57 AM

May 2020
Another amazing episode baby Tohru and baby Kanna so adorable omg….Nice to see what happend in Tohru’s past with a little bit of everyone ahh….im gonna miss this so much after next week….this season is amazing maybe even better then first idk anyways its so fking good i hope they announce season 3 asap
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Sep 15, 2021 10:01 AM

Feb 2019
Damn the studio and staff have done a great job of adding so many more layers and depth to Tohru and the other dragons this season. Her flashback sequence today was awesome. Also got that official confirmation about Shota’s dad and Tohru’s dad knowing each other.

Really cool episode, extremely sad that we only have one more left next week, hopefully s3 soon.
Sep 15, 2021 10:01 AM

May 2021
GeanWolf2000 said:
Rem4lifexD said:
have you seen Lucoa's dragon form? it's huge and beautiful.
I have and I agree also!
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 15, 2021 10:03 AM

May 2020
Kobayashi suffering from back pains, well it's obvious considering how much of a workaholic she is. We also got to know the true reason why Tohru came to human world, though it was stated before too.

Also the programming language they use in their office and those magic spells are similar, what kind of language they are using I am curious to know.
Softhenic03Dec 4, 2021 2:35 AM
Sep 15, 2021 10:08 AM

Sep 2011
GeanWolf2000 said:
otakuclub94 said:

You have to put your image link between this
[/img][/img]

the first one without "/".
Sep 15, 2021 10:10 AM
Aug 2020
otakuclub94 said:
GeanWolf2000 said:

[/img][/img]

how to make image link?
Sep 15, 2021 10:11 AM

Sep 2011
alteriasaber said:
otakuclub94 said:

[/img][/img]

how to make image link?

Personally, I use imgur to post images... BTW we are OT
Sep 15, 2021 10:28 AM

Oct 2017
Good to see more of Tohru backstory and it was beautifully done, made me tear up a bit. Toddler Kanna was adorable and young Tohru too.

Honestly this season has been off the charts, sad that it's already the finale next week. Hopefully we'll get season 3 announcement.
MegamiRemSep 17, 2021 6:49 AM
Sep 15, 2021 10:29 AM

Apr 2020
The first half of the episode was fun, Kobayashi having back pain and all, but the second half of the episode I actually really like. I’ve found Tohru backstory pretty interesting and enjoyable to watch. It’s hard to believe that the next episode might be the final one, I was enjoying the season so much that I’ve forgotten it’s ending. Either way I’m looking forward to the next episode with all of my hope.

Also Baby Kanna existed once, let that soak in.

Mod Edit: Posts must not contain more than one screenshot.
babyakiSep 17, 2021 3:47 PM
Nina supporter for life💕
Sep 15, 2021 10:31 AM
Oct 2020
Lucoa's dragon shape is huge and beautiful 😶

Sep 15, 2021 10:35 AM

Nov 2016
I initially thought we would get a fitness episode xD

Well, this backstory and a bit of lore was pretty interesting too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2021 10:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Midway through this episode, I was thinking that Tohru's father would cause some sort of havoc to make for a cliffhanger and to resolve it next week. But well, this wasn't a bad choice either.

Tohru's backstory was really interesting, and to have her father's POV too was special. Young Tohru and Baby Kanna though, kawaii ~

Just one more ep to go ;-; I'm going to miss this.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 15, 2021 10:46 AM
Jun 2021
_MushiRock11_ said:

Just one more ep to go ;-; I'm going to miss this.

Me too man me too ;-;
Sep 15, 2021 11:10 AM
Feb 2018
An overall amazing episode. Great backstory that connects with the final eps of the first season. I cant give this show lower than a 9/10 its just an overall masterful production
Sep 15, 2021 11:15 AM

Apr 2018
They really hit us with a bit more of a serious episode.
But before that, the back pain of Kobayashi is another problem that they have to solve. And of course, buying those 'relaxing items'. Not a scam 100% and seems like she will never use them LOL.

Kobayashi's director company has some bussiness with her and Tohru's father is there too. The backstory of Tohru and the overall story about the never-ending war between the Dragons was interesting. It was nice to see the growth of Tohru and how she met everyone. The story told by Tohru's dad wasn't much in detail compared to Tohru's and her story made it a lot better. A dragon that wanted to end the war and gain freedom but got scared of it. Kobayashi's helping hand saved the poor Dragon and made her into a maid.

Just beautiful..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 15, 2021 11:35 AM

Jul 2015
this.. anime isn't your average Slice of life anime.. this is something far beyond..
the feels in this episode.. i always thought that the Lore behind the goofy characters was a bit deep.. but this episode just takes the cake..
This is by far the most beautiful SOL i have seen.. every character is interesting even the Nerdy Takiya.. and god! the author needs to make an adventure manga of Tohru.. and KyoAni to animate it..
i'm raising the score from 9 to 10.. cuz this episode blew me away..
Sep 15, 2021 11:40 AM
May 2016
Oh man who is cuter baby dragon Tohru or baby Kanna? I can't decide. ><
Sep 15, 2021 11:43 AM

Oct 2019
Another lore heavy episode, where we get a pretty heavy and interesting exposition dump from both Tohru's father and Tohru herself, which I found really interesting and effective as we don't get a biased perspective on what happens, we learn about what happened from both Tohru and her fathers point of view and what happened and why it happened, we learn that Tohru went to fight the gods on her own and why she did it. In previous episodes they focused on Elma and Tohru's friendship as well as get a small scene of how Fafnir and Tohru met but when Tohru explained her backstory, we also got to see her friendship with Kanna, more Fafnir, and Lucoa, I kind of wish we got to see her meet Ilulu and why they're enemies but I understand that this episode was focusing on Tohru's feelings about the war and her deciding what faction she wanted to join, also we just don't know how Ilulu's dragon form too. But it was a good episode and I enjoyed it a lot and I'm excited to watch the final episode.

I'm happy we got to see more of Tohru's father and that even this far into the series, we're still learning more about these characters, this is a slice of life anime and most people come watch this show for those elements like myself. but it is always nice to get lore dumped onto us and the backstories to our favorite characters. Only complaint I have about this episode was that I wish we got at least one final slice of life scene at the end of the episode to calm down the tone of the episode, but it looks like the next episode will be a slice of life episode and will adapt one of my favorite chapters so I'm excited for it! So far this season is a 10/10 for me, my final score of the show lies in my opinion of the final episode!
Sep 15, 2021 11:44 AM

Nov 2014
Another perfect episode. But when they show so much backstory and serious moments, it makes me want to also have some progression in their current lives. On the other hand I think this anime works best as SoL wihtout any progress or changes.

And that small(er) Kanna was cuteness overkill.
Sep 15, 2021 11:45 AM
Nov 2019
Wow what an episode, the talk between Takiya and Tohru was handled really well delivering the message to her and Elma with her clairvoyance noticing Kobayashi,s bad posture lol, not really surprised by the coding used in the company since it's developed inhouse and they hinted it at episode 9 but Tohru's dad and Shota's father being friends was like wtf tbh didn't really understand him being friends with him and not approving Tohru
Maybe it's because Kobayashi is normal human with short lifespan then what about Shota's dad
Hope someone clears this out for me.
The second half was absolutely phenomenal the visuals alone made it a 10/10 for me and damn Lucoa is huge hope we some backstory on her too since she genuinely seems tired of war and Tohru's perspective on humans before meeting Kobayashi and how Kanna wants attention of her parents was sad and lol Fafnir is taht guy who genuinely states correct answer and clears the doubts but then adds an end line that spoils it all and lastly the aftermath of Elma vs Tohru fight and she is glad that Tohru decided to come along with Elma out of her own will and to top it off she later meets a human who is considerably weaker than her but is more free
Then reminiscing her journey (the visuals and how they portrayed it blew my mind) like I had tears in my eyes at the end of the episode
This takes the best anime this season for me and oh the classic OST that hits you in the feels
RepletteSep 15, 2021 11:53 AM
Sep 15, 2021 11:50 AM
Oct 2020
Replette said:
Wow what an episode, the talk between Takiya and Tohru was handled really well delivering the message to her and Elma with her clairvoyance noticing Kobayashi,s bad posture lol, not really surprised by the coding used in the company since it's developed inhouse and they hinted it at episode 9 but Tohru's dad and Shota's father being friends was like wtf tbh didn't really understand him being friends with him and not approving Tohru
Maybe it's because Kobayashi is normal human with short lifespan then what about Shota's dad
Hope someone clears this out for me
The second half was absolutely phenomenal the visuals alone made it a 10/10 for me and damn Lucoa is huge hope we some backstory on her too since she really seems tired of war
Did you forget that Shouta's father is a wizard?
Sep 15, 2021 11:55 AM
Nov 2019
GeanWolf2000 said:
Replette said:
Hope someone clears this out for me
The second half was absolutely phenomenal the visuals alone made it a 10/10 for me and damn Lucoa is huge hope we some backstory on her too since she really seems tired of war
Did you forget that Shouta's father is a wizard?
I know that, I mean do wizards live longer than normal humans like Kobayashi or does Tohru's father hate the idea that once Kobayashi dies Tohru will be empty once again
Sep 15, 2021 12:11 PM

Jul 2014
While I have no qualms with the strong emotional and lore-focused core of this episode, the way we got to that point felt a little contrived: so, Kobayashi happened to recognise magical spells in the programming code (has she ever seen magical spells written down to be able to notice that?) and Tohru's father just so happened to be there in the office when she discovered that to exposit Tohru's backstory? And that's not even mentioning how strange it is to jump from "I recognised magic spells in our programming code" to "give me Tohru's backstory on how she arrived in this world".
Sep 15, 2021 12:34 PM

Jun 2015
Darn this episode give me some moe feels.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 15, 2021 12:38 PM

Dec 2016
What can I say except I love it?
I say it every week, but that was the best episode this season. I said it last week, the week before that, and I bet my Kanna plushie that I will say it again next week.
I don't know how, or why, but KyoAni are constantly improving with each and every episode. Words cannot describe how much I love this studio.
Sep 15, 2021 12:49 PM
Oct 2020
Atavistic said:
While I have no qualms with the strong emotional and lore-focused core of this episode, the way we got to that point felt a little contrived: so, Kobayashi happened to recognise magical spells in the programming code (has she ever seen magical spells written down to be able to notice that?) and Tohru's father just so happened to be there in the office when she discovered that to exposit Tohru's backstory? And that's not even mentioning how strange it is to jump from "I recognised magic spells in our programming code" to "give me Tohru's backstory on how she arrived in this world".
of course. Kobayashi is a programmer and the codes are similar, realizing this is the minimum and shouta's father asked if she wanted to know Tooru's past, so it wasn't artificial. I don't know if people are watching this carefully or thinking about something else lol.
Sep 15, 2021 12:52 PM

May 2021
I liked Tohru struggle to find herself, but I felt that the whole thing was a bit forced and not as coherent as I would like. Watching the main cast giving their perspective was interesting, and Kanna-Tohru were cute, but I don't know, I think it could have been done better in terms of excusing themselves to tell this story

Sep 15, 2021 1:33 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was pretty serious from start to finish this time. We still got the odd humorous moment, like with Ilulu giving Kobayashi a lovely massage that makes me feel jealous, but for the most part, the better parts of the episode was with the backstory from Tohru's own father.

Aside from him being a surprise acquaintance with Shouta's father, I really enjoyed hearing from his point of view about the state of the world he came from and how he raised Tohru when she young. The fact that he made the choice to let her roam free to make her own decisions makes me respect the old guy more than ever before, despite his intimidating aura.

Later on, when Kobayashi came back home and asked to hear Tohru's side of the story when she growing up was very intriguing. One moment that I did adore was, when she was still young, when she first met baby Kanna. God damn cute, that's for sure! =3

With that satisfying episode done, now comes the realization that next week is the last episode for season 2. As sad as that sounds, it's focused on the classic summer festival, so that's definitely something to look forward to. ^_^
Sep 15, 2021 2:11 PM

Sep 2015
Bit more of a serious episode this time, baby dragon Tohru is the cutest thing ever!
Sep 15, 2021 2:14 PM

Jul 2011
After this episode I wish the company where Kobayashi works, explode and take all high-ups with. Because even with magic is a black company.

What I got from the story was, Chaos faction suffer from serious hypocrisy issues, they dont want to be controlled by Gods but want to control humans by fear or kill it.
And what exactly Gods are doing? Taking dragons ice cream? Or doing a Zeus married women treatment? I just got a feeling was a "because"

I need to rewatch the first episode of S1 to see what happened to the sword,because that sword Tohru was stabbed with, is a sword forged by a deity, and maybe can kill gods by analogy.
Sep 15, 2021 2:17 PM
Mar 2015
Nice Torhu backstory
Sep 15, 2021 2:28 PM

Mar 2021
This episode had a much more serious mood than is normal but I also think that this was a really good episode because of that. we got a lot of backstory and a closer look on Tohru's life.

So sad that there is only one episode left
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Sep 15, 2021 2:28 PM

Dec 2018
I always suspected this anime's lore was too good for a slice of life story. And the fact that it was used to develop Kobayashi and Tohru's relationship is peak Dragon Maid.

Also Kobayashi doing Kobayashi stuff is the best thing to happen in anyone's life
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Sep 15, 2021 2:53 PM
Nov 2019
What did happen to the sword kobayashi pulled out of tohru there's been no mention of it being found or someone possessing it?

There have been some hints...

Why could kobayashi perform powerful magic in the dragon world?

What was the voice speaking to her when they returned?

Has kobayashi absorbed the sword?
Would eating tohru's tail affect kobayashi's longevity?
Will kobayashi die?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

176 by SiMura8723 »»
Mar 29, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

223 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2021

151 by MachoGuacho2765 »»
Mar 21, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

161 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 17, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2021

106 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Feb 29, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.