Forum Settings
Forums

Aniplex Announces 'Gunjou no Fanfare' Original TV Anime for Spring 2022

New
Aug 28, 2021 10:27 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

Aniplex announced a new original television anime titled Gunjou no Fanfare (Fanfare of Adolescence) during the BS11 Horse Racing program on Saturday. The production company opened an official website, revealing the main cast, staff, three teaser visuals, and a teaser promotional video. The anime is scheduled to premiere in Spring 2022.

Synopsis
The story follows three 15-year olds boys who go to a prestigious horse racing academy to become jockeys. The three-year academy is 10 to 20 times harder to enter than most schools and whoever wishes to enter must pass an academic, physical, and fitness test.

Formerly a member of an idol group winning fans and fame, Yuu Arimura sets out to meet what his heart desires after becoming enamoured with horse racing. Having grown up on an island, Shun Kanami has always yearned to ride with horses. Amane Grace was born in England and is lost in the path his parents have set for him, but he still takes on his dream.

Cast
Yuu Arimura: Shougo Yano (Given)
Shun Kazanami: Shinba Tsuchiya (Bakuten!!)
Amane Grace: Natsuki Hanae (Hoshiai no Sora)

Staff
Director: Makoto Katou (Yagate Kimi ni Naru, Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note)
Character Design: Hiro Kanzaki (Eromanga Sensei, Classroom☆Crisis)
Music: Hiroyuki Sawano (86, Shingeki no Kyojin)
Studio: Lay-duce (Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo., Magi: Sinbad no Bouken)

Teaser PV

Official site: https://fanfare-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @fanfare_anime

Source: PR Times

Gunjou no Fanfare on MAL
VindstotDec 26, 2021 12:32 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 28, 2021 10:29 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Can't wait to watch horse racings with Sawano drops lmao

Aug 28, 2021 10:46 AM

Jan 2021
Seems like it will be a good watch. I look forward to it!

Aug 28, 2021 11:01 AM

Apr 2016
Oh right, anime about "horse racings" ... sure.

But the PV does look good.
Aug 28, 2021 12:51 PM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:

You make it sound like we're not getting hockey with cute girls anytime soon, lol.
Aug 28, 2021 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
Love to see more sports anime with cute guys adapted. Can't wait
Aug 28, 2021 1:02 PM

Feb 2019
Uma Musume spin-off is looking good, not gonna lie.

Seriously though, it does sound promising.
Aug 28, 2021 1:35 PM

Jan 2020
I love how Japan's anime industry keeps exploring with new sports. Horse racing? Count me in.

For some reason I can't watch the PV, but the teaser looks pretty.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Aug 28, 2021 1:37 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
samashi20 said:
I love how Japan's anime industry keeps exploring with new sports. Horse racing? Count me in.

For some reason I can't watch the PV, but the teaser looks pretty.
The PV's been blocked outside of Japan so there's a link below the video that goes directly to a working video on Twitter for the rest of the world.

But frankly, its showing like 10 seconds of animation so you're not missing much

Aug 28, 2021 1:43 PM

Feb 2019
Huh. I can't say any part of this interests me, but there's nothing concrete that turns me away either. I'll see what my opinion is after the next batch of info.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Aug 28, 2021 2:06 PM

Sep 2020
Is moving Horse most difficult thing to animate idk some random Jojo fan told me.

Anyway I am really excited for this anime expecting some hardcore music by Hiroyuki Sawano.
Aug 28, 2021 2:33 PM

Oct 2016
Ooh! I was thinking that the concept image gave me Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. vibe. No wonder, it's by the same studio! Looking forward to it.
Aug 28, 2021 2:38 PM

May 2015
Zean_9435 said:
Is moving Horse most difficult thing to animate

Yes. There's a reason why horses are usually in CGI when moving.

For perspective, human walk cycles are still forgiving at best due to being bipedal and some animators are still having a challenge with it in a general sense. Make that leg four and think how much work and corrections it needs.

Given that it's horses that the animators will be dealing with, the muscular movements should also be in sync as they gallop with those four legs.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Aug 28, 2021 7:27 PM

Sep 2020
Znra said:
Zean_9435 said:
Is moving Horse most difficult thing to animate

Yes. There's a reason why horses are usually in CGI when moving.

For perspective, human walk cycles are still forgiving at best due to being bipedal and some animators are still having a challenge with it in a general sense. Make that leg four and think how much work and corrections it needs.

Given that it's horses that the animators will be dealing with, the muscular movements should also be in sync as they gallop with those four legs.
Thanks for the reply.

Btw This small anime studio have guts making a complete anime primarily focusing on horse racing . Hopefully the horses are in 2D.
ZXEANAug 28, 2021 7:35 PM
Aug 28, 2021 9:52 PM

Feb 2011
I've never been interested in horse related things but I am open to checking this out.
眠れないのは君のせい
Aug 29, 2021 1:40 AM

Feb 2020
Not surprising since horse racing is kinda popular in Japan. I‘m kinda worried about how they are going to animate the horses. Hope it‘s not some weird CGi
Aug 29, 2021 10:18 AM
Aug 2021
This is great news.
Aug 30, 2021 1:22 AM

Feb 2021
Great! And handsome boys too! Waiting!
Aug 30, 2021 6:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
RobertBobert said:
Swagernator said:

You make it sound like we're not getting hockey with cute girls anytime soon, lol.
Please tell me that you're kidding lol xD

But wow, I was already positively joking about how Japan really is tackling any sport now but I didn't see that my favorite Japanese composer was on this too

I am fucking dead xDDDD
Aug 30, 2021 6:04 AM

Apr 2012
Tokoya said:
RobertBobert said:

Please tell me that you're kidding lol xD

But wow, I was already positively joking about how Japan really is tackling any sport now but I didn't see that my favorite Japanese composer was on this too

I am fucking dead xDDDD

Unfortunately or fortunately, I am not kidding. Apparently the authors are planning something like a multimedia hockey version of LL. This shouldn't come as a surprise, given that there are already a bunch of similar soccer or baceball franchises in Japan.
Sep 19, 2021 1:31 AM

Dec 2016
My jaw dropped after seeing Sawano Hiroyuki...

It's so unexpected to see him compose for an anime where there's no one dying, no killings and murders.

The cast line-up is really good. So happy to see Shougo Yano. And in the teaser PV Shougo Yano and Shinba Tsuchiya's voice were harmonizing so beautifully.

Looking forward to this anime.
Oct 27, 2021 4:45 PM

Feb 2015
I'm curious too! Very excited!

Rickydory123 said:
It's so unexpected to see him compose for an anime where there's no one dying, no killings and murders.

But I would not say it's unusual for Sawano, because if you look on VGMdb, he composed a lot for TV Dramas that were only Slice of Life and Romance. And once you listen to them, the soundtrack is equally amazing, so beautiful!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2021 5:14 PM

Jul 2021
The VAs are a nice choice but the teaser trailer, why do they have to show a realistic looking horse HELPGJGJ? And I realized there's a human hand afterwards but honestly I would praise the animator if they've done that throughout the series (Duh possibly won't happen) and I wonder how they'll adapt the horse (particularly) lol because it's a really tricky to do so and as long as they don't mess up the keyframe movement and the CGI plus the coloring and other physical properties, it won't be a one trick pony :D. Also horsing is really fun though it's just riding a horse shouldn't be much of a worry to go around places and it's a great experience but hopefully the story itself isn't boring because I'm having a one feeling where it's gonna screw up one tiny bit but I may be proven wrong once this anime premiers :P Looking forward to this potential gem!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

More topics from this board

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

1 by malvarez1 »»
13 minutes ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

18 by Jopping »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ikoku Nikki' Receives TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

18 by Kazou-nozumu688 »»
Today, 7:17 AM

» 'Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs

Nioxys - Today

0 by Nioxys »»
Today, 6:07 AM

» 'Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu' 2nd Season Announced

Vindstot - Dec 23, 2023

19 by JugNut001 »»
Today, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.