Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2021 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuusuke and his party is always doing good deed to help others in their adventure. Their quest really shows how selfless they are to help a girl and her village. Also really glad to see Glenda being an active member of their party.

On the other hand, I don't like the mayor of that village. Seems like the type of guy with a full of ego.

Aug 27, 2021 9:37 AM

Jul 2020
Mayor royally angered me lol, and the sharing of knowledge seems to come in clutch with identifying what’s happening! So there’s many parallel worlds that need to be saved, ultimately saving earth?

Genuinely don’t understand how they could calm for something so obvious, especially when they already were on airs about the chief goddamn
LeviathanHWDAug 27, 2021 9:54 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Aug 27, 2021 10:09 AM

Feb 2019
Yuusuke’s growth since day one has actually been really good. He’s become a lot more selfless, sometimes to the party’s detriment
Aug 27, 2021 10:13 AM
Oct 2016
For the final bit of the anime our heroes have to save this village but not from monsters like usual. Instead we get a much more formidable creature, an old bag of bones who's trying to cling to the last gasp of power he has left before dying. Its pitiful really, dumb old bastard trying to keep things exactly how he wants them even if it means killing innocent people. Time for Yotsuya and the crew to cut the infection clean off this village. Those parasite wireworms look like the least of their worries, unless a group of them invades while all this hoopla goes on. But for now it's this corrupt geezer causing problems. Yotsuya did open his big mouth too much leading to him and Glen being locked up, so the two strongest heroes are immediately sidelined. Leaving the rest to fall for another trap on that bridge. They gotta somehow turn this around.
Aug 27, 2021 10:19 AM

Jun 2019
Jezzbe mourning over her father was the most emotionless mourning I saw in a while and then she passed out. LOL. Ngl, don't care how average this show actually is, the OST for the same is really good. The new girl feels like an active member of the team now. That's good.

Later on, felt bad for Jezzbe She lost her mother as well and that little kid was traumatized as well. Sadge. If I should say, they're living in pretty bad conditions there. Mayor was just an asshole. Traps everywhere.
Aug 27, 2021 10:22 AM

Jul 2017
These human-induced parasite wireworms sure are a high level danger, even if they're human at the core. That, and for the fact that Yotsuya has done the deed of killing someone, it's a heavy weight on the heart.

Jezby's situation is like the previous Valkedaam arc, but more vulnerable to monsters growing stronger by the day, and people whom took advantage of people already at their wits' end.

The small village of Zaregoth that's hidden in a volcano-like crater, and it only gets worse as children are being abandoned from anyone being sent to this "Journey of Hope" that's more a death sentence. The village chief, old man Cox DiRaio is no better, everything about him just expresses lies and deceit, and trapping Yotsuya and Glenda is but the first step to expunge the same rhetoric.

Will Shindou and the rest be able to see through the village chief's ruse, he's already begun their journey of death. Just how much cheat can this old man come up with at the most obvious.
Aug 27, 2021 10:23 AM
Sep 2015
I wasn't sure at first, but now I'm pretty sure that each mission is a Japan history in a nutshell. Now we're tackling with rural village problem, which in real world is solved by COVID-19 when people flee from big city for a lesser chance of getting infected in countryside, making rural village livelier than usual.

Now I know why there are many players failed in this level, not only it's much harder, but they also get careless by thinking the new mission can't be worse than the previous mission. Even Yusuke let his guard down, a lot!
Aug 27, 2021 10:34 AM
Aug 2017
Heroes had several reasons not to trust and follow him through yet they had. This was a terrible episode.
Aug 27, 2021 10:38 AM
Nov 2019
those traps were so obvious.. like the guy was known to be shady af yet they fell for it soo easily . also why would you leave the girl and friends with 2 of the guards .

I hope this gets resolved and the old dude gets killed off quick
Aug 27, 2021 10:40 AM

Apr 2018
Parasites that use humans as host. Well, that's an annoying monster to fight against.
They managed to get to the village but got captured by the village head. He was acting suspicious and still did everything that he asked. Well, I thought that they were smart enough not to trust people that easily.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 27, 2021 11:32 AM

Apr 2010
Well the show go from mehh to bad to worse.....its just dumb at this point. They know that the oldman is shady and they have experience of trahison, but no, let follow him in the most obvious trap ever made without thinking, yeah good choice. Plain story, plain character....now that I am this far, i'm going to finish but i dont expect anything from the last 3-4 episodes so.

Yuusuke, who was stoic but clever, is now turning in a self depressing human, who litteraly regret every action he take if he see someone who is not in accord with him....and with that he becoming more and more dumb, because he dont rely on analyse anymore, but more on emotions and the result for the people, pratically the inverse of what he was in the beginning. The Yuusuke of the 3 first episodes of S1 would not falling in this trap.

You can see that like a evolution for him, but from my PoV, it's more like regression so much he loses in the change.
VirsagofmaAug 27, 2021 11:35 AM
Aug 27, 2021 12:13 PM
Dec 2020
This anime continues to be boring and gets more boring each week.

The only semi-good character is yotsuya, yet everyone around him just sucks. Also, yotsuya falling for this is just showing that the mangaka has no clue how to write characters, as sometimes he's big brain but then sometimes he's an absolute smooth tiny brain.

Oh well, I didn't have high expectations after season 1, so technically I knew it was gonna be bad, but the first few eps of the season gave a bit of hope, but now it's all lost.
some people...
Aug 27, 2021 1:15 PM
Aug 2018
The easiest way to make a character appear "intelligent" is by making the others dumb.
The problem is you can not make your whole team "dumb" just to make some trap works by some random dude who is lacking half of his teeth (and is not even smart enough to ask her granddaughter if she has seen other heroes around).

But, I kinda find it funny, that 6 great heroes get rekt by an old man...

(two episode ago they almost fought a dragon, now, they can not fight an old man... almost make me think of FFVII where you're supposed to save the world but can not resist when guard come to arrest you)

Aug 27, 2021 2:52 PM
Aug 2017
hmstr said:
This anime continues to be boring and gets more boring each week.

The only semi-good character is yotsuya, yet everyone around him just sucks. Also, yotsuya falling for this is just showing that the mangaka has no clue how to write characters, as sometimes he's big brain but then sometimes he's an absolute smooth tiny brain.

Oh well, I didn't have high expectations after season 1, so technically I knew it was gonna be bad, but the first few eps of the season gave a bit of hope, but now it's all lost.

I've recently learned that this part is anime original. Manga has chosen the other quest.

Edit: I just read some chapters of manga, and the Fire Mage/Hunter girl is genious compared to what she is in anime. In anime, they are portrayed extra insufficient and dumb than usual.
YueNaDeAug 27, 2021 3:30 PM
Aug 27, 2021 3:54 PM

Jan 2020
I am extremely dissapointed in this new author that had to take over because Japan couldn't include a Drug War Arc on television. This mf really downplayed on Yuusuke's and Glen's character and made them dumb as shit. 1/10
Aug 27, 2021 4:04 PM

Sep 2018
Fark man, this is easily the most struggle I've had, watching a seasonal anime right to it's end. I think I've only ever dropped one seasonal as well (Gibiate).

This takes the most boring and crappy isekai award. From the writing to the absolute worst set of characters I've seen in anime lol, what a disaster.
GakutoDeathGlareAug 27, 2021 4:09 PM
Aug 27, 2021 4:28 PM

Nov 2011
I had hope that after the past two weeks this anime would get better...then this episode happens...and every character turns into a complete fucking Idiot including Yuusuke. Jesus lord dude he was actually okay in the first part of the episode and then his actual character was ruined by spilling the beans about Jezby...and then...to top it off...He follows the Village Chief into a fucking Dungeon and gets locked in...it would be different if he didn't already know that the Chief was a piece of shit...BUT THIS IS INFORMATION HE ACTUALLY KNEW AND HE JUST GOES "Oh la de da let's go check out this secret weapon."

AND THEN THE REST FOLLOW!!!

Holy shit this episode actually ruined all character development imo
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 27, 2021 4:40 PM
Aug 2017
SoraSenpai said:

Holy shit this episode actually ruined all character development imo

I kinda advise starting manga, because Glenda is amazing.
Aug 27, 2021 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
animation was bad even is a few moments in the episode, Yuusuke was easily caught in the situation of that man along with the other heroes he didn't suspect anything with the disappearance Yuusuke when he said all that is lied.
Aug 27, 2021 6:11 PM

Oct 2017
This episode alone ruined the whole show.... I can't take them both serious anymore.... I may as well drop it.
Aug 27, 2021 6:36 PM
Dec 2020
bruh, all those talk about the story of village chief by Jezby seems wasted since none of them taking any precautions at all dealing with him. its clear that village chief deliberately leads the villagers to their death, and he might actually the dragon bishop in this quest. I'm expecting one of them to doubt him, but no one did. man, should not skip the manga and just start the Cartel Arc already instead of this.
Aug 27, 2021 9:38 PM
Mar 2021
it's still too early to think this arc is bad (since it's original/maybe non-translated LN), but well Kusue turned Yotsuya (MC) in a bad change, then it ended up Yotsuya and Glenda were prisoned. Also i could see Animation drop there, oh i wonder how about studio current condition there?

Eat this exp by yourself Keita (the Spearman) lol.
Aug 27, 2021 11:17 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Glen helping up Kusue solved her fear, kinda feels sweet honestly. Yuusuke also got a strong point. Though, in the woman perspective, they are always right. Rip Gatsby Jezby father. Well, looks like i am a bit wrong reading up the previous quest. The quest also used such hidden meaning to interpret the true objection. Then, there i before, guessing in loud that the quest shall destroy a horde of zombies in those village. Lmao.

Its not the village as a whole that needs to protect. But that little girl whose lost everything, except the senseless ototo. They are kinda need a huge revolutionary steps ahead too if need to changing up that isolated village way of thinking. Especially if you had the kind of villain village chief with such a sleaky minds. I hope that little granddaughter coming up to rescue Glen and Yuusuke from that obvious prison, judging from her instant admiration toward Glen complement. But, Yuusuke also got a bit out of minds that time, not realizing the obvious trap, and even slip the wrong word to the old man. But oh well, guess this episode tell that sometimes, there's no difference of dumbness, between mc and the rest. Its not because its bad, tho.

So, a fine episode for me to say the least.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 28, 2021 3:27 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, they all got clapped by an old man lmao. Yotsuya should have seen that coming, even Glen should have. Like bruh, the hell they doing. Well, I guess they weren't really sure if the old man was that bad, but still, clapped. If ever we get a season 3, I hope they go back down the manga route since I heard that's way better.
Aug 28, 2021 3:50 PM

Apr 2015
After so much, they CANNOT be this DUMB! Absolutely horrible consistency of characterization.
Aug 29, 2021 1:25 AM

Oct 2008
haha they messed-up!
i wonder how they'll gonna fix this!
5/5.

Aug 29, 2021 2:50 AM
Jan 2009
That was the most smooth-brained plot by the party.
Aug 29, 2021 8:28 AM

Dec 2014
i thought Yuusuke and Glen would be smart enough to not fall for a trap from someone they know is suspicious, guess i was wrong
Aug 29, 2021 9:46 AM
May 2016
Ugh this filler crap is awful, the actual manga story is barely entertaining as it is.
Aug 29, 2021 3:32 PM

Aug 2018
Holy shit, their level of stupidity was beyond godlike this episode... being naive is one thing, but having 6 Heroes that naive, hell what

Weird from Yuusuke to actually mess up so much with this move
Aug 29, 2021 11:55 PM

Nov 2012
Cant believe 3 simple things:

1. How Yotsuya went inside that room WITH Glenda instead of telling her "Let me check it, stay with the old man".

2. How the other 4 believed Yotsuya and Glenda would eat some shit at the mansion instead of returning for them.

3. How the 4 just leave Jezby without any protection after Yotsuya said "Lets protect Jezby from being punished" even when taht old man said he will forgive her, come on, they heard the little boy talking how he acts.

I cant believe this is what happened in the LN/manga.

My Candies:

Aug 30, 2021 1:12 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Yotsuya was completely out of character. The same guy that set up the trap brilliantly in season 1 even if remorseful killing the guard...... the same guy with the EDGY attitude and to the end of season 1 WOULD stand on a million lives over the world....... becomes this self doubting mess.......and would be this stupid to fall for this old man's lame trap that could be seen miles away. The rest of the cast are not bright, but so disappointed with Yotsuya. Season 2 honestly stopped being good after episode 3 :( Story has been falling flat and new characters are bad while making old characters worse.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Aug 30, 2021 8:43 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Y’know, i can’t remember ever putting “Hated it” on an episode poll before, but i guess there’s a first time for everything 😐
The little “angry throbbing vein” symbol that appears on episodes after watching them in the CR app has never been more appropriate 💢💢💢
gappasaurusAug 30, 2021 8:56 AM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Aug 30, 2021 11:38 AM

Feb 2015
The characters are all so bland in this series. Nobody has anything resembling a personality.

I shouldn't have bothered with this series its absolute crap. You can see the plot a mile off, especially this episode where everyone just goes along the the old dude.

After 7 episode messing around a volcano I'm struggling to finish this
Aug 31, 2021 11:54 AM
Jun 2021
Since they change the Quest is it worth it read the manga of it? i really thought the quest was supposed to be stop rainbow stair addiction
Sep 3, 2021 11:55 AM
Jan 2020
kabooomi said:
those traps were so obvious.. like the guy was known to be shady af yet they fell for it soo easily . also why would you leave the girl and friends with 2 of the guards .

I hope this gets resolved and the old dude gets killed off quick

For real. It couldn’t have been more obvious. Typical bad guy with typical tricks. Come on…
Sep 3, 2021 9:13 PM

Jul 2010
Why is it so different from the manga? They even messed up the end of the island arc. I don't even understand what's going on anymore.
Sep 4, 2021 7:16 AM

Jun 2016
The fact the village chief seems and sounded like a conniving type of guy, Yuusuke and Glenda let their guard down way too much. I thought they were smarter than this.

Jezby having the toughest day imaginable. Poor girl.

Lol, a bottomless pit. Okay then.

Sep 11, 2021 7:33 AM

Oct 2020
Kind of a bummer they didn't adapt the Drug War arc, but I'd say it's tolerable, since the arc would be so goddamn rushed if it were adapted only for 4 episodes.

This new arc seems generic and uninteresting so far, but let's just see how this would turn out

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Sep 12, 2021 6:41 AM

Mar 2010
I gotta give some credit to that old boomer for trying to keep all da power to himself.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 16, 2021 1:15 PM

Jan 2019
Jezby and the Heroes went to Zagroth to understand the mission and what the dangers are and what the real purpose of it all is, but losing her parents is not something easy for Jezby to bear.

In addition, the leader of the village himself does not have good intentions.

The "Heroes" need to act soon (and escape from the dungeon and the quicksand, lol).
Sep 22, 2021 4:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow that village is really rotten from the inside with a mayor like that, two of them are jailed and the other ones in a very bad situation on the bridge :/
Sep 26, 2021 1:40 PM
Jan 2018
Even if it is anime original arc they can’t stay consistent with the characters lol
Oct 2, 2021 12:58 PM

Jul 2015
I expected the rest to just walk into the obvious trap but certainly not Yotsuya seeing how cynical he has been so far especially with that old fart being shady AF.

Dec 15, 2021 5:25 PM

Jan 2019
Yuusuke could've easily killed himself to warn the others
Dec 31, 2021 11:20 PM

Dec 2014
Although I liked the fact that this anime is talking about morality but I really hate someone like Kusue.

I really hope there is at least some lesson shown to Kusue in this series.

Hate this kind of pathetic people plot.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
May 10, 2022 3:23 AM

Sep 2012
Coolcoolmm said:
Yuusuke could've easily killed himself to warn the others

he would res right back in hes cell or did u forget they res where their body's are

More topics from this board

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2021

34 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 20, 1:26 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

65 by bpleshek »»
Jan 1, 7:19 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2021

41 by DebiPS »»
Dec 21, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2021

75 by dhell26 »»
Oct 5, 2023 7:17 PM

» This is konosuba if it took itself seriously.

xsilicon9 - Aug 23, 2023

9 by Piromysl »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.