Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 21, 2021 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems Summer vacation is close to the end so it's soon back to the academy.

One interesting part about this episode is Kaoru's past and her connection to a boy she met in her younger days. I guess the pacing of the show will pick up again soon after these two breather episodes.
Aug 21, 2021 9:12 AM

Apr 2012
Even knowing that this is shoujo, it is still difficult for me to accept that this is an all-female title, in which female characters intersect with male characters without any problems.
Aug 21, 2021 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
Last episode's Summer vacation is over, and it's back to reality for the Kouka girls back to school.

That is...Kaoru underwent a significant change on her hair to be an aspiring otoko-yaku, and her backstory tells it all of her high upholding standards. Like any other Kouka girl with a somewhat horrid past, Kaoru's family is like Sarasa's but worse with her ailing grandmother who's paved the Kouka way and expectations.

The seemingly trivial relationship between this baseball boy Tsuji Rikuto and her, he has an interest in the Kouka troupe, and that serves as their gateway of communications and similarity between each other when they rant at each other in their own avenues. It's hard being yourself when you have someone famous ahead of your path, and only being that lingering shadow of a failure comparison game, telling yourself that "I am myself, I compare to no one."

Over the course of Tsuji and her friendship, the comparisons slowly eats away at their very souls while maintaining the facade that everything's alright, that's bad for their well-being. The festival could've been a segway for Kaoru to live a different life with Tsuji, but the fact that they're just background characters not assigned for even minor roles just hurts so badly. "Never say die" is Kaoru's spirit, and no matter how much she fails, she'll never give up, and that's where their relationship conspired makes its exit with the conflict of interests.

At least this story has a good ending: Tsuji never gave up playing baseball, and Kaoru never gave up in her dreams of being a Kouka girl. What a relationship, and wished that these 2 will meet up again in a near future to realize their love for each other. Kaoru's VA for the sole ED is also striking.

This might be yet another breather episode, but the truth that sets you free will always hurt.
Aug 21, 2021 9:46 AM

Apr 2014
It was pretty surprising that Kaoru also got romantic feelings like others. I wish she will be able to meet Tsuji in the future when she is the top star of Kouka and Tsuji is still playing baseball.

For the one who wants to visit that bus stop - https://goo.gl/maps/zctH1Sy1H6Ziu6Zx9
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 21, 2021 9:55 AM
May 2018
This episode to me was truly beautiful. Small moments like these make me appreciate literature even more. Glad I watched this one.
Aug 21, 2021 10:05 AM

Apr 2012
AkeZZZ said:
It was pretty surprising that Kaoru also got romantic feelings like others. I wish she will be able to meet Tsuji in the future when she is the top star of Kouka and Tsuji is still playing baseball.

For the one who wants to visit that bus stop - https://goo.gl/maps/zctH1Sy1H6Ziu6Zx9

Sounds like the perfect collaboration between sporty shonen and cultural shoujo.
Aug 21, 2021 10:28 AM

Jul 2011
Was refreshing to have a typical HS episode, to change from the cutthroat normal.

Is interesting they not getting together because how emotionally drained Kaoru was.

Moral of this episode: Hair matters.
Aug 21, 2021 10:28 AM

Nov 2016
What an emotional episode. I didn't expect Kaoru's backstory and I didn't expect it to be this good.
Aug 21, 2021 10:35 AM
Dec 2020
It was a good episode, and then when she just ran off after him assuming that she got that mad and didn't see him until the present day? mamma mia, really fit for drama I guess.
some people...
Aug 21, 2021 10:37 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty solid backstory for Kaoru but I'm kinda sad it ended on a bittersweet note. Hopefully someday they'll be together.
Aug 21, 2021 10:41 AM
Nov 2019
man I hope they end up together
Aug 21, 2021 10:45 AM

Nov 2016
Nope... The ship has sunk and that's beautiful.
Aug 21, 2021 10:49 AM

Jun 2007
Such a beautiful episode. Though I feel bad for the boy and glad he was able to pull himself together after that heart-breaking story. if I were him I wouldn't want her back
see you, space cowperson . . .
Aug 21, 2021 10:50 AM

Feb 2021
I wanna watch this anime.
How's it?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2021 10:51 AM

May 2021
I loved how they used the baseball guy as to really contrast Kaoru personality and make her shine, using the bus as a way to gradually develop their relationship too. I knew that this episode was coming because of the strength of the narrative of family expectations, like shit I can totally relate, but to give that texture about the problem was moving to see. I also loved how they gave her the blue rose at the end, for some reason I always thought about her as blue lmao

Aug 21, 2021 10:55 AM

Nov 2016
Official upload of the new ED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSkECVCQ8bo
Aug 21, 2021 11:30 AM

Jul 2012
Absolutely contender for episode of the season, and probably going to be in the running for my favorite episode this year. Kaoru was my fave design wise (bummed she cut her hair), but this episode was pretty much perfect.
Aug 21, 2021 11:32 AM

Jan 2020
5/5 episode and I have no doubts about it.

it felt different from what we usually get but I liked that. I never put much thought into it before this episode but kaoru is an awesome character and this episode really solidified that. The story with tsuji was pretty bittersweet with the way they most likely won't meet again any time soon. But I do wish it happens

I also really liked the new ending. I always appreciate when series make those changes so that's just a bonus for this already good episode

Aug 21, 2021 11:43 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Outside of Fumetsu this might have been the best episode of anime I seen this year.
Aug 21, 2021 12:13 PM
Nov 2020
episode was top notch ngl
Aug 21, 2021 12:47 PM

Jul 2016
to think that Tsuji's seiyuu is actually married to Sarasa's seiyuu in real life, lol
Aug 21, 2021 12:48 PM
Mar 2021
Damn i almost cried, romance in this time is really strong there. People should wake up and watch this!!!

I'm tired of seeing Kageki Shoujo isn't entering top 10 in any polls.
goib1234Aug 21, 2021 12:52 PM
Aug 21, 2021 1:21 PM

Jul 2015
Hot damn this episode, that was amazing! Really big fan of Kaoru's backstory, nothing could show her ambition better than this. Best of luck to both her and Tsuji.
Aug 21, 2021 1:35 PM

May 2021
This episode alone managed to tell a more beautiful romance story than most romance anime I've seen. No pointless stuff, everything contributed to the story. Maybe I am exaggerating but it was just that good.

Seems like the show is going to develop all the girls that appear frequently. So I guess the twins are next? Or perhaps it's Sugimoto?
Aug 21, 2021 2:29 PM

Nov 2011
This episode had me going from somewhat liking Hoshino to downright hating her.

You wanna get all crying eyes when our boy hits a homerun after you fucking BLOCKED HIM!!! Nah you're out.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 21, 2021 2:38 PM

Feb 2020
wow kaoru's past was really entertaining (or maybe i'm just bias towards romantic stuff haha)

that was a cute mini love story also considering how they condensed it in one episode

i love how they're getting to all the characters (:
Aug 21, 2021 2:39 PM

Feb 2020
diegontijo said:
to think that Tsuji's seiyuu is actually married to Sarasa's seiyuu in real life, lol

wait, really? this is adorable aaa
Aug 21, 2021 3:42 PM

May 2015
Wow that was just beautiful, this is one of those few shows that just gets better and better each episode
Aug 21, 2021 3:54 PM
Jul 2018
The boy who likes Hoshino was nice to see this romance from these two.
Aug 21, 2021 4:10 PM

May 2015
if they dont meet again in the future im gonna stop believing in true love ;;;;;;;;;;; aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Aug 21, 2021 4:15 PM

Jul 2016
umjis said:
diegontijo said:

wait, really? this is adorable aaa

yes, Hatanaka Tasuku is married to Senbongi Sayaka <3
Aug 21, 2021 4:56 PM

Jun 2021
Just when I thought they couldn't top episode 5, they come out with this masterpiece of an episode.

I love Sarasa and Ai, but this anime shows its true form when they focus and spend an episode on one of the side girls. Kaoru's backstory was done perfectly, with aspects of her past explaining the actions and characteristics she's shown in previous episodes. The romantic and yet slightly melancholy ending with the Kaoru version of ED playing at the end was a great way to end it too.

Aug 21, 2021 5:26 PM

Feb 2017
this was a really great episode! bummed out that kaoru blocked tsuji and stopped talking to him, but it was really sweet how they had such an impact on each other. i really really hope they meet up again in the future

placeholder text
Aug 21, 2021 5:32 PM

Sep 2020
Not much to say, this episode was simply precious.
Aug 21, 2021 6:45 PM

Aug 2020
Very very beautiful episode, sometimes we came across that one episode that is very meaningful and amazing to watch, best episode for me so far.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Aug 21, 2021 7:10 PM

Mar 2014
can't believe the extra chapter in the manga has been animated. indeed this little sweet bitter story got my feeling but I love Nojima's the most among the extra chapters.
Aug 21, 2021 8:07 PM
Sep 2016
The EDs! Hands down best sets of EDs this season... So are we having a full cast version of the ED by the end of the season?

PS: Did the lyrics changed with the different version of the EDs? This one's deffinitely is different than the Sarasa X Ai's one.

PPS: YES! They did change! Just noticed it when rewatching the other versions of the ED.
uncleqrowAug 21, 2021 8:14 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Aug 21, 2021 8:17 PM

Jan 2021
This ep is master piece!

Aug 21, 2021 9:08 PM

Feb 2019
This ep kinda annoyed me because of how selfish Kaoru was. Tsuji was such a great dude, opens up to her and she of course makes everything about her and runs away. Typical woman. Despite all of that, he’s still kept her in his heart years later and wants to get in contact. That’s real love.
Aug 21, 2021 9:58 PM
Dec 2017
Good episode.
Marinate1016 said:
This ep kinda annoyed me because of how selfish Kaoru was. Tsuji was such a great dude, opens up to her and she of course makes everything about her and runs away. Typical woman. Despite all of that, he’s still kept her in his heart years later and wants to get in contact. That’s real love.

He got what he got for being a dumbass, and it ended up helping him in the end. They'll probably meet again eventually.
Aug 21, 2021 9:58 PM

Feb 2019
Vludi said:
Good episode, Kaoru is such a stacy.
Marinate1016 said:

He got what he got for being a dumbass, and it ended up helping him in the end. They'll probably meet again eventually.

How was he a dumbass? He just vented to her after she asked why he was sad.
Aug 21, 2021 10:03 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Naracchi cheering up Sarasa with those nice line looks so cute and a well done scene. However, its not the center of spotlight of these episode. Its about her, Kaoru. A serious scary-looking girl backstory. Its already believe that she got so much pressure and lots of interesting story behind all of her snark personality. However, never expect such a story to extend into that. Its indeed such a lovely romantic story behind all of her hard works before entering Kouka. The ed also changed to match up her nice little backstory, simply gives me a goosegumps, all of a sudden.

Well, so far its still so good. The next episode title really intriguing me. Looks like the next will be covering Saracchi and Naracchi again. So, yeah, really looking forward for the next week....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 21, 2021 10:03 PM
Dec 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Vludi said:
Good episode, Kaoru is such a stacy.

For forcing his inferiority complex onto her and using his relationship with her as an excuse to avoid his problem, Karou ended up helping him by dumping him, plus she proved she still cares for him.
VludiAug 21, 2021 10:07 PM
Aug 21, 2021 10:14 PM

Feb 2019
Vludi said:
Marinate1016 said:

For forcing his inferiority complex onto her and using his relationship with her as an excuse to avoid his problem, Karou ended up helping him by dumping him, plus she proved she still cares for him.

Disagree completely ✌🏾
Aug 21, 2021 10:29 PM
Apr 2021
this episode was absolutely amazing and beautiful i cried a bit with the end, Hoshino's back story got me so emotional, i loved it, best episode so far
Aug 21, 2021 11:23 PM

Jul 2020
So they adapted an extra chapter from the manga but completely skipped the curriculum change arc which in my opinion was much better than this...I really can't understand the priorities of this anime lol. Still, it was a good episode so I won't complain.
Aug 21, 2021 11:36 PM
Apr 2021
Strong episode that explores Kaoru's past and gives her personality some depth. Although with 5 eps left, kinda wondering what they'll show next. The pacing of the overarching story feels kinda off.
Aug 22, 2021 12:24 AM

Dec 2020
great episode im still kinda Eh on how she blocked him like.. mf why'd you do that😭😭 but well everyone has different capacity's maybe she just That tired and thats fine. their little romance story was pretty cute tho, we could've had a whole show focused on them: sporty guy x theatre girl, both sharing a similar complex but also different in certain ways. id Love to see that honestly, how it ended wasnt really typical lovely smiley but still really good.

fav part was when kaoru sang while running and crying, va did so well with that
Aug 22, 2021 1:04 AM

Feb 2014
That was beautiful. I wasn't really expecting Kouka's back story will be like that. Kind of a bit bittersweet and cute. I hope Kouka and Tsuji will meet again this time with both their dreams coming true.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

43 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 11, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

112 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 10, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

148 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 10, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

102 by mintmin »»
Jan 15, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

59 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 22, 2023 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.