Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 21, 2021 8:09 AM

Aug 2015
I like My Villain Academia so far.
Great to see development for the League of Villains and the new party who have returned again, the Meta Liberation Army.

Wow, that doctor from episode one was evil all along.

AyyMayyAug 21, 2021 10:23 AM
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Aug 21, 2021 8:25 AM
Jan 2017
>Sees that they cut the creature rejection clan part from Ch.220
>Day ruined
>Sees my best boi Re-Destro animated
>Day saved
Aug 21, 2021 8:36 AM

Apr 2014
It looks like some content did get cut or maybe and hopefully swapped. I hope they include the content that was missing later during the arc. Things did get switched around. Bones. Do not mess this up man. Though I highly doubt they would even listen. Though we will see.
Aug 21, 2021 8:41 AM

Nov 2016
This arc will probably be pretty nice by this seasons standards, but it won't be anything too crazy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 21, 2021 8:45 AM

Mar 2018
Ofcool2947 said:
Florent3571 said:
Oh boy this wasn't great.

Art and animation were good, that Dabi cut against Machia was dope.

But holy crap they cut out so much stuff, pretty much the entirety of the introduction was skipped, making this whole episode feel off, Redestro, the MLA, Giran, all coming outta fucking nowhere. It almost feels like they skipped an entire episode (they did pretty much skip an entire chapter). Spinner's narration and entire character arc intro was brushed off, and that's just the start of the arc...

Nope this is really shaping up to be the worst season, JT was awesomely adapted despite some pacing issues, butthe rearrangment of Endeavor Agency and MVA only caused problems that at this point are pretty much impossible to resolve.

Isn’t redestro stuff NEP? Cause i saw the preview and it looked like redestro stuff is just being modified to the NEP.

It is, it just makes his appearance in this episode way more sudden and it doesn't tell you anything about his character and why it's important for him to get rid of the league, so this whole convo with Shiggy on the phone loses a lot of its context.
Aug 21, 2021 8:47 AM
Feb 2019
They didn't even show the severed fingers
Aug 21, 2021 8:53 AM

Oct 2020
Eh, a pretty decent start to a new arc. We got to see more of Shigaraki which, was obviously nice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2021 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
MVA!!!

Ive heard some amazing things about this arc, as someone who hasn't read the manga, i found the start of this arc super interesting,
we get a new character, specifically the doctor who announced Deku was quirkless, it's gonna be interesting seeing none of the UA students in the rest of the season (well, maybe until the last episode)
I loved seeing Toga's cute new coat, Shigaraki's sass, and Twice freaking out at the end was quite funny
The Meta Liberation Army are becoming more involved in the plot, hopefully we get to see a League Of Villans against MLA fight, because that would be cool
10/10, can't wait to see what goes down in this arc!!
Aug 21, 2021 9:24 AM
Dec 2020
Rishun_97 said:
Barely OK episode. This is the best MHA arc people were talking about? Expected much more honestly. Next episode preview doesn't seem great too. Shame on you Bones, shame on you.
kids being kids.. imagine freakin expecting so much from 1st episode lmao
Aug 21, 2021 9:28 AM

Aug 2021
Evil will stand against evil, this is something new in Boku no Hero Academia.
There are still many things that are not clear and incomprehensible, I hope they will not abandon it.

Aug 21, 2021 10:03 AM
Jun 2015
Well this was shit. Already cutting out shit and rushing not to mention animation and art were dogshit. God stop putting all that effort into the garbage filler movies
Aug 21, 2021 10:20 AM
Feb 2017
Honestly, I think the anime has just fallen off. I only started reading the manga when we got to Class A vs B, so as an anime-only I went into the manga knowing nothing. I feel as though the early parts of My Hero Academia (Season 1 and 2, maybe 3) were adapted quite well into an anime format, and honestly were an improvement on the manga. However, the anime version ever since Season 4 just…. lacks in many aspects. From a production standpoint, they cut out content, shuffled it around, bad pacing, and the animation isn’t as good as it use to be. The manga is so much better, not doing any of the above as well as having AMAZING and DETAILED art.

I highly recommend reading the manga for a better experience. Starting on Chapter 218 is the best place.
Aug 21, 2021 11:08 AM

Sep 2011
Best episode since like season 2 or 3 tbh. This is miles more interesting than 90% of what Deku's done for the last couple years.
Aug 21, 2021 11:16 AM
Nov 2019
About damn time we get this arc. Its been a long time since I read this arc so I don't quite remember if anything was skipped in this episode, but this difference in pacing between this episode and the rest of the season is night and day.
Aug 21, 2021 11:24 AM

Dec 2019
itz_Aditya28 said:
Rishun_97 said:
Barely OK episode. This is the best MHA arc people were talking about? Expected much more honestly. Next episode preview doesn't seem great too. Shame on you Bones, shame on you.
Imagine having faith in Bones adaptation after 20 episodes of a mediocre season and a lot of failures. Seems like you're the kid to me lol
Aug 21, 2021 11:30 AM

Dec 2019
MegaStride said:
Honestly, I think the anime has just fallen off. I only started reading the manga when we got to Class A vs B, so as an anime-only I went into the manga knowing nothing. I feel as though the early parts of My Hero Academia (Season 1 and 2, maybe 3) were adapted quite well into an anime format, and honestly were an improvement on the manga. However, the anime version ever since Season 4 just…. lacks in many aspects. From a production standpoint, they cut out content, shuffled it around, bad pacing, and the animation isn’t as good as it use to be. The manga is so much better, not doing any of the above as well as having AMAZING and DETAILED art.

I highly recommend reading the manga for a better experience. Starting on Chapter 218 is the best place.
Thanks for the advice, i've been thinking about reading the manga recently, pretty sure it is still great besides anime quality falling off this hard. After S1~3 director moved to making the movies the anime became something really hard for me to enjoy.
Aug 21, 2021 11:30 AM
Dec 2020
Rishun_97 said:
itz_Aditya28 said:
Imagine having faith in Bones adaptation after 20 episodes of a mediocre season and a lot of failures. Seems like you're the kid to me lol
lol...having faith and having expectations are so different think..you probably won't understanding coz ur brain hasn't developed yet...sry :(
Aug 21, 2021 11:49 AM

Apr 2020
I do not blame the studio, but when they made the Vanitas anime so great, I at least expected more from them.
Aug 21, 2021 12:16 PM

Aug 2016
I'm kind of in disbelief with how poorly Bones is handling this. It's absolutely heartbreaking because MVA is easily my favorite arc in the manga. But this is some Tokyo Ghoul, Promised Neverland S2 level of adaptation bad.

Aug 21, 2021 1:19 PM

Oct 2015
Rishun_97 said:
itz_Aditya28 said:

I know what you mean but it's far more likely the travesty of a season is a result of Toho's corporate interference as opposed to Bones.

Also, I don't know why people expected 6 episodes to save this garbage season. It's impossible they'd Sakuga this entire mini arc and also impossible they'd be able to fit everything in. The moment they reorganized the episodes and prolonged JTA and Endeavor Agency arc the writing was on the wall. At most you can now hope is a few good Sakuga moments.

What I'm fearing for is season 6. That should be the best season of MHA and I'm sweating because of how bad Season 5 is and Season 4 was already not all that good.
MoonStar9Aug 21, 2021 1:22 PM
Aug 21, 2021 1:47 PM

Feb 2010
This has become "THE Shiggy Show feat.His League of Villains aka MY VILLAIN ACADEMIA"
Aug 21, 2021 1:49 PM
Nov 2020
Bones really managed to cut almost all of the chapter entitled My Villain Academia in this episode huh...I expected the CRC raid, did NOT see leaving *checks notes* the entire emotional core of the arc on the cutting room floor coming
Aug 21, 2021 2:05 PM

May 2018
Finally we get a much better episode. This arc will probably be the best this season
Aug 21, 2021 3:11 PM

Apr 2015
Not gonna lie, when I saw the silhouette of that doctor, I instantly thought Doctor Robotnik made it into MHA.
Aug 21, 2021 3:20 PM
Oct 2016
Shigaraki and ReDestro on a collision course with each other!!

Aug 21, 2021 3:23 PM

Jan 2020
I can see lots of potential in the story with the villain pov but it felt a little bit too fast for me. I think I'll read the manga

Hopefully the following episodes will feel more natural when it comes to flow. Though I'm looking forward to the evil vs evil stuff

Aug 21, 2021 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
a arc Focused on the union of villains had great fights and dialogues.
Aug 21, 2021 3:58 PM
Aug 2020
D-A-W said:
I'm kind of in disbelief with how poorly Bones is handling this. It's absolutely heartbreaking because MVA is easily my favorite arc in the manga. But this is some Tokyo Ghoul, Promised Neverland S2 level of adaptation bad.

Absolutely no way, if mva was skipped entirely and was replaced as a anime original arc, that’s a real TPN S2 adaptation or TG adaptation, TPN S2 is worse than mha S5.
Aug 21, 2021 4:48 PM
Jan 2018
Ofcool2947 said:
D-A-W said:

Absolutely no way, if mva was skipped entirely and was replaced as a anime original arc, that’s a real TPN S2 adaptation or TG adaptation, TPN S2 is worse than mha S5.

Yeah, there’s definite overreactions.

Seeing Tokyo ghoul comparisons and TPN, is telling me people are just majorly overreacting because of how beloved this arc is.
Aug 21, 2021 5:00 PM
Sep 2017
ManWild said:
I can see lots of potential in the story with the villain pov but it felt a little bit too fast for me. I think I'll read the manga

Hopefully the following episodes will feel more natural when it comes to flow. Though I'm looking forward to the evil vs evil stuff

I recommend you to read the manga as the episodes is being released, today's episode adapted the final pages of chapter 220, chapter 221, 222, 223 and then stopped at the beginning of chapter 224. You can start from chapter 218, where they introduce Re-destro but the anime cut it for now, chapter 220 is pretty important as well but they just adapted the last 4 pages of it.
Aug 21, 2021 5:20 PM

Mar 2020
What's the deal with Shigaraki's hands? How are they the remains of his family? Please, someone explain this to me
Aug 21, 2021 6:02 PM
Apr 2021
fuck_my_life_707 said:
What's the deal with Shigaraki's hands? How are they the remains of his family? Please, someone explain this to me
Itll explain in the later eps
Aug 21, 2021 6:06 PM

Dec 2016
So it arrives a arc dedicated to the League of Villains. Not that I'm complaining, it's quite the contrary and a nice way to change the pace :) I would have loved to see what really happened to Tomura's family animated, but I guess it got cut? >_> It may not be that important, but it's a master key from Tomura's past that should not have been ignored :/ Even so, great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 21, 2021 6:18 PM

Jun 2019
I guess they are doing My Villain Academia this season. I hope that means they have enough time to do it justice. We got more development and world-building in this one episode than we did the entire season so that’s nice. We’ll see if this arc lives up to the hype.
Aug 21, 2021 6:34 PM

Jul 2013
So MVA finally began and we got a lot more about the League of Villains and what happened to them in the time we only saw what Deku and Co were doing. Shigarakis background is really fucked up holy shit. No wonder he only remembers close to nothing about his family and especially what happened to them before he met AFO but also why these hands are so important to him.

Honestly I'm scared seeing all the super Nomus. Especially because I'm sure some of them are even stronger as the one Endeavor fought and we all know how much effort it took to eliminate that thing.
Like Gigantomachia the doctor also is an old aide to AFO, so no surprise that he's testing Shigaraki before he's willing to give him some kind of power (what ever this will be). Making Gigantomachia submit sounds close to impossible. 48 hours of attacking Shigaraki and after only 3 hours sleep he again begins to attack no matter where Shigaraki is located.

To make things even worse the Liberation Army wants to destroy the League of Villains to signal their revival? I don't think the Liberation Army will expect Gigantomachia. So that should be a nice surprise factor. Should definitely be interesting to see how things will turn out.

Aug 21, 2021 7:15 PM

Jan 2009
finally My Villain Academia begins

time for Shigaraki to tame Machia by making him fight the new enemy the Liberation Army and make Machia tired that way as well as defeating all 110K members of the Liberation Army
Aug 21, 2021 7:21 PM

Mar 2019
Too much speaking for a "villain" episode........

Another failure in the series...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Aug 21, 2021 7:57 PM

Jul 2016
So... this is it, huh? The arc so many manga readers have been hyperventilating for...

Cool episode overall. The POV switching to the villains' side is a refreshing change of pace and hopefully, it will also help me to stop seeing Shigaraki as a mere clown. As for now, he's planning to kill two birds with one stone so I look forward to seeing how that goes.
Aug 21, 2021 8:12 PM

Dec 2019
itz_Aditya28 said:
Rishun_97 said:
lol...having faith and having expectations are so different think..you probably won't understanding coz ur brain hasn't developed yet...sry :(
That's even worse LMAO. Still having expectations for this season when there's so much behind that proves the contrary. If my brain is not developed than yours is basically non-existent.
Aug 21, 2021 11:13 PM
Jan 2018
Rishun_97 said:
itz_Aditya28 said:
That's even worse LMAO. Still having expectations for this season when there's so much behind that proves the contrary. If my brain is not developed than yours is basically non-existent.

“Still having expectations for this season when there’s so much behind that proves the contrary. if my brain is not developed than yours is basically non-existent”

This is like the funniest thing you could have said considering you literally just talked about how you “expected so much more”, your exact words actually.

Doesn’t that mean that you had expectations for this season though, even with the past failures and mediocrity, reference your comment that every episode before this one is mediocre as well.

So with that aren’t you literally insulting yourself in this last comment.

Like, holy shit dude you’re going too hard on yourself. You don’t need to say your brain is both undeveloped and non-existent.

MaxxzsAug 21, 2021 11:28 PM
Aug 22, 2021 1:39 AM
Jul 2018
Rushed it and it is the worst. Even a anime only person like me hate. No wonder its trash. I heard manga is close to end. Thank god for that, instead of ruining a series like this.
Aug 22, 2021 3:15 AM

Mar 2018
Ofcool2947 said:
D-A-W said:

What is worse in your opinion ?

An adaptation so incredibly bad it turns into an ironic enjoyement that noone will even consider it as a serviceable way of experiencing the story and will die in people's mind as a meme and nothing more.

Or an adaptation not downright terrible that people can convince themselves into thinking this is an actual good way of experiencing the story even tho it's clearly inferior to its source material in both its presentation and its narration.

My point is, TPN S2 did way less damage to the series' reputation because noone took it seriously, MHA S5 by being perfectly average can hurt the series more because it tells the actual story but in a flawed way
Aug 22, 2021 4:18 AM

Dec 2019
Maxxzs said:
Rishun_97 said:

“Still having expectations for this season when there’s so much behind that proves the contrary. if my brain is not developed than yours is basically non-existent”

This is like the funniest thing you could have said considering you literally just talked about how you “expected so much more”, your exact words actually.

Doesn’t that mean that you had expectations for this season though, even with the past failures and mediocrity, reference your comment that every episode before this one is mediocre as well.

Like, holy shit dude you’re going too hard on yourself. You don’t need to say your brain is both undeveloped and non-existent.

LOL you've gone so mad that you decided to change accounts??? That's really depressing ngl

I don't know if the two neurons that you have in your head can handle or comprehend ths idea, but having expectations for an arc before it is started is different than stating a fact after you have some of it in (or off) your hands lol. I said I EXPECTED much more of Bones before MVA, and now that the first episode of it aired, it's clear to me what it's limitations are and how they're previous decisions are going to afect it, no matter how it ends.

Nice try but unfortunately the anime isn't going to get much better this season, even with MVA closing it. Cheers! <3
Aug 22, 2021 4:41 AM

Jul 2011
PurpleGirl203 said:
So it arrives a arc dedicated to the League of Villains. Not that I'm complaining, it's quite the contrary and a nice way to change the pace :) I would have loved to see what really happened to Tomura's family animated, but I guess it got cut? >_> It may not be that important, but it's a master key from Tomura's past that should not have been ignored :/ Even so, great episode!
Just cause it hasn’t been shown yet, doesn’t mean it was cut. Tomura can’t remember what happened, but he they might show it during the battle.
Aug 22, 2021 5:02 AM
Jun 2017
FINALLY, THE REAL chapter of MHa that i am waiting for has finally started... lets go....
Aug 22, 2021 5:10 AM
Jan 2021
MadalinG said:
They cut the Creature Rejection Clan part and it seems MVA will truly be rushed... I love MHA, but I'm really disappointed by their choice...
agree the 1a Vs 1b arc was so long, and now they rush an important part of the story
Aug 22, 2021 7:26 AM
Jan 2018
Rishun_97 said:
Maxxzs said:

LOL you've gone so mad that you decided to change accounts??? That's really depressing ngl

I don't know if the two neurons that you have in your head can handle or comprehend ths idea, but having expectations for an arc before it is started is different than stating a fact after you have some of it in (or off) your hands lol. I said I EXPECTED much more of Bones before MVA, and now that the first episode of it aired, it's clear to me what it's limitations are and how they're previous decisions are going to afect it, no matter how it ends.

Nice try but unfortunately the anime isn't going to get much better this season, even with MVA closing it. Cheers! <3

The other dude types like he doesn’t have a complete grasp of English, but yeah he and I are the same person.

Your argument would hold some credence if you didn’t literally say that all the episodes before were mediocre and there were multiple failures before the start of the arc. You understand that means that with all the perceived failures and such, you still had expectations. Just like you’re trying to imply of the other guy.

Dude you’re still self-owning yourself, nothing changed.

Holy shit dude, you just made it worse.
MaxxzsAug 22, 2021 8:02 AM
Aug 22, 2021 7:38 AM
Jan 2018
Florent3571 said:
Ofcool2947 said:

What is worse in your opinion ?

An adaptation so incredibly bad it turns into an ironic enjoyement that noone will even consider it as a serviceable way of experiencing the story and will die in people's mind as a meme and nothing more.

Or an adaptation not downright terrible that people can convince themselves into thinking this is an actual good way of experiencing the story even tho it's clearly inferior to its source material in both its presentation and its narration.

My point is, TPN S2 did way less damage to the series' reputation because noone took it seriously, MHA S5 by being perfectly average can hurt the series more because it tells the actual story but in a flawed way

TPN S2 was pretty much an erasure of the entire series legacy. Like legitimately, it’s considered one of the worst adaptations of all time.

Honestly, and this isn’t a bad thing, I think that you hold the MHA’s source material up quite high enough that the changes personally impact you more than, I don’t know, TPN season 2 being as absolutely terrible as it was.
Aug 22, 2021 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
Although a lot of things are cut off, it is the best episode of this season so far
Aug 22, 2021 8:58 AM

Apr 2013
Bones producing a MHA movie at the same as a tv series only to ruin one of the most hyped and anticipated arc. 5D chess move.
Maxxzs said:
rubenypichin said:

Well... You're wrong. All the speech of Spinner (which is very important for his development) and the reason why LOV are in bad times is skipped, so we lost a lot of important things.

The thing is, what you’re mentioning is small enough to be referenced in a flashback, perhaps when another event happens and such. Like the speech can be shown when Shigaraki or Spinner is reflecting during another scene. Same thing with the LOV’s current state, it can be mentioned and such.

Would I rather see those things adapted in their entirety, yeah. But things get shortened in every adaptation. I feel as though there’s a good chance the events you mentioned will be referenced similar to the way I just described.
Yeah it made sense to cut all of this great canon content to instead produce a filler episode halfway through this season. Just brilliant from Bones.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.