Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 22, 2021 10:22 AM
Jan 2018
KneelBeforeMe said:
Bones producing a MHA movie at the same as a tv series only to ruin one of the most hyped and anticipated arc. 5D chess move.
Maxxzs said:

The thing is, what you’re mentioning is small enough to be referenced in a flashback, perhaps when another event happens and such. Like the speech can be shown when Shigaraki or Spinner is reflecting during another scene. Same thing with the LOV’s current state, it can be mentioned and such.

Would I rather see those things adapted in their entirety, yeah. But things get shortened in every adaptation. I feel as though there’s a good chance the events you mentioned will be referenced similar to the way I just described.
Yeah it made sense to cut all of this great canon content to instead produce a filler episode halfway through this season. Just brilliant from Bones.

“Ruin the arc” is pretty disingenuous since the only thing we’ve been shown is the introduction.

I don’t think the cuts are ideal as well as the circumstances. But don’t you feel like it’s a bit of a stretch when “all of this great canon content” boils down to around two intro scenes, that don’t get me wrong, are relevant for tone setting and such, but aren’t even close to the meat of the arc to begin with.

The other tiny alterations other than those two scenes are pretty standard for any adaptation.
MaxxzsAug 22, 2021 10:29 AM
Aug 22, 2021 10:32 AM
Aug 2020
Florent3571 said:
Ofcool2947 said:

Absolutely no way, if mva was skipped entirely and was replaced as a anime original arc, that’s a real TPN S2 adaptation or TG adaptation, TPN S2 is worse than mha S5.

What is worse in your opinion ?

An adaptation so incredibly bad it turns into an ironic enjoyement that noone will even consider it as a serviceable way of experiencing the story and will die in people's mind as a meme and nothing more.

Or an adaptation not downright terrible that people can convince themselves into thinking this is an actual good way of experiencing the story even tho it's clearly inferior to its source material in both its presentation and its narration.

My point is, TPN S2 did way less damage to the series' reputation because noone took it seriously, MHA S5 by being perfectly average can hurt the series more because it tells the actual story but in a flawed way

This shouldn’t be hard to answer, it’s 100% TPN S2 or even Tokyo ghoul

Everybody loved TPN anime in it’s first season, everyone then soon was hyped to hear a second season announcement, and high expectations were there to see the full second season pour out but once everybody realized that the anime is skipping goldy pond arc, down goes the anime’s hype down the drain.

“noone took it seriously” you must’ve forgotten the rage everybody had when they found out goldy pond arc was being skipped, here in MAL, reddit, YT, twitter, etc.

You’re out of your mind if you thought “TPN S2 did way less damage”, what mha s5 is doing rn is nothing compared to what the tragic stuff TPN S2, imagine if the mha anime decided to NOT re arrange the MVA arc but instead decided to SKIP MVA and put a whole anime original arc, thus removing redestro the MLA army, shafting shigaraki’s backstory, ruining the main reason on why the war arc is coming up.

I dislike the changes the mha s5 anime is doing but to say that this is worse than TPN S2 is fucking stupid, if the mha anime decides one day to skip an entire arc like the war arc or if they decided to skip the whole MVA arc. Then this is on par or even worse than TPN S2.
Aug 22, 2021 11:45 AM
Sep 2020
Finally-- the My Villain Academia Arc has arrived
Aug 22, 2021 11:47 AM

Mar 2017
He might be a villain & one twisted dude but you've got to admire Shigaraki and his determination to reach his goals. This ep made me realise just how alike he and Deku are - they're similar in the way they're both willing to push themselves to their limits for their goals and even in the way they think. They truly are two sides of the same coin.

Now I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed that Bones doesn't rush the arc into these last 5 eps cause it deserves to be played out properly!
Aug 22, 2021 12:10 PM

Oct 2017
This show needs more Toga!

I expected to see a new OP or at least ED dedicated to the (much hyped) MVA arc... nah, here is a simple title change lasting less than a second, that's all you get.

It looks interesting, for now. Let's see what happens next...

P.S. dr. Eggman escaped Sonic and joined the LOV?! LMAO
Aug 22, 2021 12:20 PM
Jul 2011
I like the potential of this current arc but we only have so few episodes left to work with. It's almost expected now to be chopped up here and there and rushed at this point which is unfortunate because it's not like they didn't have time to slot this in earlier with the more padded out earlier episodes, one being complete filler even.

This season overall just a bad result of misplaced priorities.
Aug 22, 2021 4:29 PM
Aug 2021
I don’t like the show
Aug 22, 2021 10:11 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
5th season is such a disaster. I've already come this so I'll just stick with it.
Aug 23, 2021 12:15 AM

Oct 2008
OMG this episode is uber HYPE!!
so many things is about to go down!!!
5/5!

This MVA arc is truly one of a kind!!! (Evil vs Evil) now that's what i'm talking about! the one who's sly wins!

Aug 23, 2021 2:45 AM
Jun 2020
matias067 said:
so many things are about to go down!!!
5/5!

This MVA arc is truly one of a kind!!! (Evil vs Evil) now that's what i'm talking about! the one who's sly wins!
We already know who won tho, so this arc's outcome is very predictable imo, which already ruined one of the best aspects of the arc: suspense.
Aug 23, 2021 7:29 AM
Jan 2018
Nafis_Syed said:
matias067 said:
so many things are about to go down!!!
5/5!

We already know who won tho, so this arc's outcome is very predictable imo, which already ruined one of the best aspects of the arc: suspense.

Don’t really know about that,

I think the arc’s outcome in the anime isn’t that compromised, I mean, we don’t even know if Shigaraki managed to overcome the MLA, or has the League been absorbed into the organization for some other reason.

I wouldn’t even say it’s predictable?

I mean does Shigaraki win? Or does Re-Destro merge them into the MLA because of some other factor? What happened to Shigaraki that led him into the doctor’s hands?
How did the entire city get destroyed?
MaxxzsAug 23, 2021 9:35 AM
Aug 23, 2021 8:24 AM

Jun 2020
ASS the 5th season sucks
Aug 24, 2021 1:37 AM
Nov 2016
Don't know, I didn't like this episode that much, I couldn't "feel" it, the animation in the fight scene was also quite mediocre.

It was a meh episode but I still have my hopes up for this arc, let's see how far I can make it having my hopes up, it will depend on the next episode.
Aug 24, 2021 2:03 AM
Jun 2020
Maxxzs said:
Nafis_Syed said:

I think the arc’s outcome in the anime isn’t that compromised, I mean, we don’t even know if Shigaraki managed to overcome the MLA, or has the League been absorbed into the organization for some other reason.

I mean does Shigaraki win? Or does Re-Destro merge them into the MLA because of some other factor? What happened to Shigaraki that led him into the doctor’s hands?
Bruh, they legit show us in episode 15 that the MLA and Leauge of Villains have merged as an organisation, plus we are shown scenes of Shigaraki being experimented by the Doctor, which suggests that the Leauge of Villains have won the fight, as the Doctor promised him ultimate power if he wins. Also, it is shown in the anime that the city got decayed by Shigaraki, so it's obvious who is going to win in this upcoming fight.
Aug 24, 2021 8:55 AM
Jan 2018
Nafis_Syed said:
Maxxzs said:

Bruh, they legit show us in episode 15 that the MLA and Leauge of Villains have merged as an organisation, plus we are shown scenes of Shigaraki being experimented by the Doctor, which suggests that the Leauge of Villains have won the fight, as the Doctor promised him ultimate power if he wins. Also, it is shown in the anime that the city got decayed by Shigaraki, so it's obvious who is going to win in this upcoming fight.

It shows him decaying the city but he’s also gravely injured. I don’t see it inferring that he won at all?

Please explain how we know that he won? I’m trying to argue in good faith with you.

But it looks to me you’re legitimately spoiling, and it’s not really too cool.

It shows them merged, but how did they manage to merge? Did Redestro make his own decision to do it out of seeing some sort of potential from Shigaraki? Or did Shigaraki manage to overcome the entire organization?

Explain to me how you could know definitively this answer unless you read the manga? Shigaraki is with the doctor gravely wounded, I mean, isn’t just as possible he lost comparable to Todoroki vs Midoriya, but with his resolve he managed to prove something to both Redestro and the doctor.

It’s strange that you’re trying to argue for the conclusion when it’s not a solid argument to say the entire conclusion is spoiled.

There are things you could argue that were perhaps legitimately spoiled. Like who survives the arc and such, but the conclusion is definitely not one of those.
MaxxzsAug 24, 2021 11:09 AM
Aug 24, 2021 1:10 PM

Nov 2009
Maxxzs said:
Nafis_Syed said:

It shows him decaying the city but he’s also gravely injured. I don’t see it inferring that he won at all?

Please explain how we know that he won? I’m trying to argue in good faith with you.

But it looks to me you’re legitimately spoiling, and it’s not really too cool.

It shows them merged, but how did they manage to merge? Did Redestro make his own decision to do it out of seeing some sort of potential from Shigaraki? Or did Shigaraki manage to overcome the entire organization?

Explain to me how you could know definitively this answer unless you read the manga? Shigaraki is with the doctor gravely wounded, I mean, isn’t just as possible he lost comparable to Todoroki vs Midoriya, but with his resolve he managed to prove something to both Redestro and the doctor.

It’s strange that you’re trying to argue for the conclusion when it’s not a solid argument to say the entire conclusion is spoiled.

There are things you could argue that were perhaps legitimately spoiled. Like who survives the arc and such, but the conclusion is definitely not one of those.

TBH, the guy didn't spoiler anything that wasn't already shown in past episodes... he literally just summarized past 5 episodes then did 1+1 and tried to connect the dots, whether it's right or not depends on whatever happens in next few episodes.

Either way, they haven't given us the full detail, but they did give us hints as the other ppls said. Which if you think about it, the current MLA vs LoV is a flashback from when they showed us the outcome of what happens to the city at the start of this arc. So in turn they can just throw in "present" (future) stuff into the "flashback" (current).

I was actually wondering about Shigaraki being shocked in the lab from time to time since previous episode and only to realize near the end of this episode he was being modified by the doctor AFTER the outcome of the deal the doc made, wanting him to get Gigante to submit.

And Shigaraki being powered up by the doc means he either got Gigante to submit or Gigante somehow died, because Shigaraki survived. (cause otherwise Gigante would still be chasing after Shigaraki and Shigaraki won't be in the lab) OR, the doc still decide to power up Shigaraki regardless of the outcome cause he liked Shigaraki's style and told Gigante to back off.

The only thing that we don't know currently is... if Gigante is still alive or not, or whether the MLA and LoV is allied. What we do know is... the city was destroyed and Shigaraki's being powered up.

___ ___ ___

Anyways... I actually at first before the arc started thought MLA was a part of LoV, cause they were showing All For One and I thought the Liberation Army was just another part of his minions... lol

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 24, 2021 8:58 PM

Apr 2018
5 seasons in and we still do not know much about nomus... Finally, we get to see more of the villains.
Aug 25, 2021 6:18 AM

Jul 2015
wow i've waiting for so long for this gigantomachia chapter to be animated :o MVA lets gooooo
Aug 28, 2021 5:44 AM

Dec 2008
I don't care about the villain's of this show so this is boring for me.
Sep 4, 2021 2:27 AM

Feb 2021
Ooh bad guys vs bad guys.

League of Villains vs Meta Liberation Army.

But do they really have 100,000+ members? If so what tf were they doing till now huh?

Toga stole the show lol

Also did they cut some manga content? Not much noticeable since we are finally getting the good stuff after such a dull start to the season.

Sep 4, 2021 4:50 AM

Dec 2013
My Villain Academia arc is finally here and I'm hyped.

Redestro has a ridiculous size army backing him up. It's amazing how that many people have managed to stay hidden for so long.
Sep 7, 2021 3:28 AM

Aug 2021
This episode was as interesting as the last one
Sep 7, 2021 4:00 PM

Mar 2010
Damn I wish toga would just fuck me up in more ways than one, oh boi she is just too perfect.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 7, 2021 8:56 PM
Feb 2017
I think this is the same doctor that told Deku that he's quirkless
Sep 22, 2021 5:22 PM

Dec 2015
I thought there was gonna be an actual academia, but it's just an arc focused on villains. The start didn't really appeal to me, but I like that they give some conflict to look forward now. I still don't think this will be better than camping/AFO arc (only arc with tension on the series), but it might be enough to make this Season a 7/10.
Oct 2, 2021 11:23 AM

Mar 2009
I hope this arc has plenty of quality Toga scenes.
Oct 13, 2021 3:23 PM

Mar 2019
Can't say I love Shigaraki now, but it's nice to see some focus on him since the League of Villains was always interesting, not just a random bunch of filler antagonists. The meta liberation army though sounds annoying.

Finally got to see more of his past, I think this is the first time they mentioned what the origin of those hands is.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 15, 2021 4:01 AM
Apr 2018
Seeing TOGA with her full of twisted love was my 'favorite part' in this episode.
Dec 26, 2021 12:19 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, this is bringing back Sasuke Shippuden vibes all over again, very interesting.
Jan 1, 2022 8:42 AM

Feb 2018
Gigantomachia's truly a force to be reckoned with damn
Jan 3, 2022 2:24 PM

Feb 2019
I kind of feel like this was a bit of a let-down.

The whole fad with the giant is ridiculous enough, but now the other main bad guy comes out of the shadows in such a simple way?? And on top of that his name is Re-Destro??? What, did they run out of good villain names? I thought I saw somewhere that his name was Black Fist or something, which would have been much better, but now we're stuck with a 1980's villain name.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jan 10, 2022 11:04 PM

Apr 2021
Ngl I think My Villain academia was one of the best things that has happened this season....so the Meta liberation army actually challenged the league of villain's....heh So looking forward to their fight!!!!!!!!!
Jan 22, 2022 9:30 AM

Mar 2015
Wow shifting the focus onto the villains being the protagonists!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 23, 2022 2:29 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So now us anime-only's have some idea of what the deal is behind all Shigaraki's hands

I think it's funny how Shigaraki called the meta liberation army a "club", when he himself basically only has what is basically a club itself, a group of random villains, yet calls it a "league".

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 3, 2022 5:43 PM

Jun 2014
We got to see how Shigaraki and the gang are doing. Can they best the Liberation Army?

Nov 9, 2022 2:09 PM
Sep 2018
i liked that this episode gave emphasis to the bad people instead of only watching the lives of the heroes
Jan 4, 2023 7:20 PM
Jul 2014
i forgot about that gigantomachia whatever his name is!
not him crying at the fact that shigaraki is all for one's successor lmao i would too tbh what a downgrade
anyway
the way giganti is so whipped for all for one ksdjflksj that kills me

but why is that mad scientist the egg man from sonic? like the goggles and mustache and everything?? they even have the same concept of mad scientist ksdjfkdskfs all for one's lackey is legit sonic the hedgehog's arch nemesis and i think that's rich

the fact that shigaraki's hand props that make up his villain 'outfit' are the hands of his deceased family members is another level of messed up
and that he killed them all accidently because of his 'new' quirk that manifested out of nowhere (sus) is horrible.... i have a feeling this was all a set up by the one and only all for one.
shigaraki could've easily have been a hero, if only all for one hadn't found him first. the manipulation that went into grooming and making sure shigaraki turned out the way he did was all carefully orchestrated by all for one. mans knew what he was doing from the jump. and to top it all of i remember shigaraki is related to all might's predecessor. mans definitely knew what he was doing.
i'm guessing the next step for shigaraki now is to become a nomu himself to power up. idk how this'll go since i think it was stated before that nomu's are humans that have died to become powerful multiquirk weilding beings. so we'll see how that goes.

LMAO the sidequest of taming machio so that he accepts shigaraki as the heir is hilarious XD
the villains unsuccessfully trying for over a month to beat this stupid lumbering hunk of rock is amazing. them taking shifts in and out as shigaraki plays hide and go seek tag with this oversized boulder on legs XDD and toga using monetary funds given by the doctor to BUY A COAT LMAOOOO that's so funny

so redestro is that guy's name and the meta liberation army is the organization teaming up with the league of villains. but it seems like he is strictly business... funny how i thought they teamed up naturally but no it was kinda forced onto the league. this poor guy giran and his fingers.
i guess this organization has been around for a while since the doctor knows about it but they must be very lowkey. i think i may have been wrong saying that the liberation army was also made up of heroes because i'm not sure about that. it would be an interesting twist tho

not a bad plan from shigaraki... idk who i'm rooting for since it's kind of villain vs villain.... but i guess it would be cool to see how this plan unfolds for shigaraki. and we already kinda know what happened in deika.
Mar 19, 2023 6:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lmao they even made mva logo. That's unexpected!

Evil must stand against evil, after Yakuza, its liberation army. Cool start i guess, always thrilling to see another side of unexplored Bnha world, so this is a good watch to begin with...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 20, 2023 11:27 AM
Feb 2020
My Villain Academia would be amazing spin-off
Apr 2, 2023 6:13 AM

Apr 2013
Kinda funny how they call everything "My Villain Academia" now. Apart from that the episode was little interesting.
Apr 18, 2023 9:27 PM
Apr 2023
.yes i like but its not the better anime
Jun 11, 2023 6:25 PM

Oct 2019
The plot indeed sounds like a repeat of the previous season, when the League of Villains fought against Kai Chisaki.

I think it would have been smarter for them to unite against the heroes and the hero based society rather than pull (yet another) divide and conquer, but apparently the writers wish to make the League of Villains more complex rather than mere villain caricatures.

Evil against evil with us rooting for the League of Villains, who take the role of anti-heroes in this unprovoked fight. Later on, based on Hawk's spy report to Endeavor, it is unclear if the League of Villains eventually unite with the Meta Liberation Army or if they have Hawk leak intel on them to have the heroes crush them in their place - just like they did with Kai Chisaki in season 4...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.