Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jul 10, 2015 10:36 PM

Jun 2013
Man if Anri died right there, this show might actually get good. She fucking deserves that shit for being a retarded little girl.

Jul 18, 2015 1:12 AM

Mar 2012
Wow that OST at the end gave me chills :o
Aug 9, 2015 1:22 PM

Oct 2014
hell yeah those ugly bitches dead
Oct 8, 2015 9:42 AM

Jul 2015
Cool episode
Celty is cool
Oct 14, 2015 6:35 PM

Aug 2008
SaiD90 said:
Cool episode
Celty is cool

Really? To me she lost cool points, getting scared by traffic cops.
Dec 23, 2015 2:54 AM

Nov 2015
Seems like the show is having a new start with new opening and ending songs.Now I m excited to know who might be that ghost. And the ways it slashed the three girls was so scary! Poor bad girls!They died!
Jan 9, 2016 3:31 PM

Jul 2014
Good episode, just not a fan of the new opening theme.
[
Jan 10, 2016 2:53 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
New OP and ED aren't as good as the first ones. Lol, Celty's so adorable! Kida's still Kida. Also glad that those bitches are dead :D

5/5
Jan 20, 2016 3:49 PM

Jul 2014
Glad to see they kept up with keeping post-episode summaries in the opening. It's grown on me. and yes: Izaya speaking russian is win!
Jan 20, 2016 4:17 PM

Jul 2014
zdude18 said:
Man if Anri died right there, this show might actually get good. She fucking deserves that shit for being a retarded little girl.

could you please explain how Anri in any way acts retarded? It sounds to me like personal bias.
Jan 25, 2016 3:42 PM

Jul 2014
holyy shittt.....the chills were real. That scene when the slasher came in...I love the underlying creepiness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2016 12:13 AM

Jun 2012
I see they changed the voices in the online chatting to match their respective characters. So just to clarify: Blue - Mikado; Orange - Izaya; Grey - Celty

I don't think Izaya has anything to do with the Slasher, but he's certainly being pretty suspicious by how "normal" he's acting this episode.

And I wonder if Anri actually has anything to do with the Slasher or if it's that other girl we saw before... or both somehow.
Jul 17, 2016 8:23 AM

Mar 2015
New OP sucks ball :/
ED is also bad too :(

Where the hell is Rio?? Is she gone? i miss her :'(

Kinnosuke reminds me of Taiho Shichauzo.

3.2/5
Nov 9, 2016 2:01 PM

Nov 2015

 Before watching the episode I was like:
 «Will I like the new OP? Oh god, I hope I like it as the previous one! How will it be?
 After watching the OP:
 «Ohh ok ok. So it doesn't have the same style as Baccano! and the previous Durarara!! OP of presenting the character nam- Ok, they do present the character names.»
 It's more gloomy, more serious, more melodic if you will. Another tone, another shade of color. I do like it still. I also like the fact that the names are using the alphabet now so I can read them xD
 There are also characters returning which I expected to go away as Seiji, Namie and Mika, but there will continue. I'm not against it but it's just that I expected otherwise.

 Seiji's and Mika's love is so twisted, so toxic, so harming...
 I leave those to with it but it's not the most pleasing thing to see. I mean, I try to react to them as I would if they were in real life. Anyway, that's not the main subject, is it? Moving on.

 So much happened in this episode. It was charged!
 I now see how the OP song and tone reflect what we are going to face from now on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • I want a friend like Kida xD

• Ohhh lucky Anri, having to guys fighting over her jaja

• Oh no... it's the perverted teacher again =_=*

• OMG CELTY GOT BULLIED BY THE POLICE!

• Show your weakness in bed!? Shinra!? Celty!? Are they... are they already... WOW! Nice one Shinra! =D you are a national hero!

• Shinra's father is a rather eccentric character xD

• Add "Police" to the list of things Celty is afraid off xD so cute when she's terrified by something silly.

• Mikado and Anri are so awkward together... they are so freaking cute! ---- Wait what!? She is into.. Mi-Mika!? Ok... talk about a plot twist...

PD: More evident than ever that Anri is a very broken girl =( poor creature.
HumbertoZeroNov 9, 2016 3:11 PM
Nov 20, 2016 10:40 PM

Sep 2013
So what did the girls mean when they said Anri was selling her body? Is this just a case of rumors spreading among teenage girls? Or, does Anri have a sordid past?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 5, 2017 12:31 PM

Mar 2016
Lmao shinra "if you would only show me that vulnerability in bed" ....
Poor Celty got stressed out by the police . I mean a hord of bikes and 10 vehicles chasing you, shit that is really distressing ... Especially when you consider celty's tactics didn't work so for the first time she felt like she was the prey . Bastard cop over-pursuing her.
Jul 22, 2017 3:34 AM

Jun 2016
Hiroshi Kamiya's Russian accent is oh my god soooo adorable. I can't I can't. And holy crap they changed the OP and ED. Whhhyy? Hahaha! That part with Anri and when the Slasher started slashing those three girls was straight up fucked up. And poor Celty, she's so cute when she's scared. Hihihi! ;3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(ļ¼^-^)ļ¼ā˜†ā™Ŗā™Ŗā˜†ļ¼¼(^ļ¼^ļ¼¼)
Nov 5, 2017 8:17 PM

Sep 2016
This episode was the Jam, the new OP wasnt that pleasant, but Izaya speaking Russian,now that's a surprise, also when he typed out "It's heeeereeee~" I legit died of laughter.
Izaya is truly Satan.
Dec 28, 2018 12:07 PM

Jun 2015
liking the new op, although it seems most people here don't like it. also liked how they changed the voices of the online personas to match the real life people we know of, makes it easier to recognize who is who now.
Jun 15, 2019 3:56 PM

Dec 2014
old OP and ED was way better, and they changed the chat voices too huh

don't like what they're implying about Anri and "selling her body", considering theres a teacher creeping on her. Sounds like a hentai scenario

and I'm almost 90% sure of who the slasher is since I'm already aware of another character that hasn't appeared much at all

either way I am loving this show so far. Such a great diverse cast
LeMastaJun 15, 2019 4:00 PM
Sep 3, 2019 5:47 PM

May 2016
I have to admit that I like the new opening more than the first despite how much I love singing along with it probably because this was less loud and somewhat more melodic, I think. The ED's pretty good too but it'll take a short while to get over Trust Me's catchy tunes.

It's very satisfying to finally know exactly who the people in the chatrooms are and hearing their voices instead of the usual narrator of the week. Celty showing her intense fear of pesky traffic cops was so adorable ā™”

The Slasher's made a reappearance and even showed Anri the time of her life by slashing those ugly gyaru JK bullies. If Mikado was there, he would've pulled her away before all of that even started~

Apr 23, 2020 11:14 PM

Feb 2018
Izaya was so cool.
May 12, 2020 2:06 AM

Apr 2013
Celty was cute this episode, didn't think she'd be scared that easily. Anri seems to confuse being a parasite with being friends, depending on others is not necessarily a bad thing.
May 13, 2020 11:55 AM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
Soooo now, Celty and Shinra sleep together! Perfect! Best sweet couple <3
"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

Sep 3, 2020 5:35 PM

Sep 2017
Yes Yes Yes slash those damn bitches
Ų®
Dec 6, 2020 7:05 AM

Mar 2016
New opening slaps

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police šŸ˜«
Dec 13, 2020 4:00 PM

May 2016
Izaya gotta surprise you with his Russian.
and finally about time to see those bitches die Miserably, I finally start to understand
their chat room which I was so unclear about and Setton being so scared of the police was cute.
Jul 3, 2021 6:55 AM
Sep 4, 2021 7:46 PM

Aug 2017
I hope those ugly bitches are truly dead, i hate them.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 10, 2021 4:03 PM
Dec 2021
I know I'm about 11 years late with this, but since I'm rewatching it with attention to details and I'm a russian native I cannot help but comment on the dialogue between Izaya and Simon.

I might be wrong, but taking into account their exchange in the last episode of the first season, Simon is not taking about particular events that are coming later, he's not that invested in secrets of Ikebukoro (he has a general idea, but doesn't interfere much). He's talking about Izaya himself. Since he is inclined to do it every chance he gets, talking with Izaya.

He tells him a proverb that literally means "you cannot hide on awl in a bag/sack", which, by taking into account that awl is sharp and will cut through, means "you cannot hide the obvious secret", "truth will come out".
And Izaya replies "they don't talk about the rope in a hangman's house", which means "it's impolite to openly state the obvious that is a sore topic".
I cannot guarantee that Japanese creators understood the meanings of the proverbs perfectly, but from other instances in Russian through the series– they never make any mistakes, so it's safe to assume thet knew what they were doing here.

In retrospect, knowing what happens later in the series all the way to the Final Curtain, it's a subtle hint at understanding the truth behind Izaya like few other scenes give a chance to, the things Shinra will state in a more straightforward way near the ending.
He's basically telling him he's very obvious at what he's hiding, his true character.
And Izaya admits it and just says it's so obvious and so hurting that it's better left unsaid.

While very few people understand Izaya, it kind of shows that the most important players, Shizuo excluded, but you can definitely include Shinra (which by extension kind of means Celty, she probably doesn't understand it herself, but reads the conclusion off Shinra) and probably include Kadota who suspects, get his true character and that's why Izaya wasn't chased from Ikebukoro by the people capable of doing it— they know the truth behind him, know that he is incapable of admitting it, and kind of hope that maybe he grows up to face it one day.
It's so subtle and brilliant, I love Durarara.
EleonoreMagiDec 10, 2021 6:39 PM
Dec 13, 2021 4:47 AM

May 2020
ED 1>> ED 2.
Good to see Celty playing GTA there, and that trio, yikes... do something about them quickly.
Aug 13, 2022 10:34 AM

May 2018
Ooh the Slasher is back! And glasses girl got caught in the middle of the slashing! I bet she'll be traumatised now
Nov 14, 2022 10:46 PM
Apr 2020
Good episode imo.
Jan 10, 2023 6:49 AM
Mar 2020
An interesting new character that Celty dealt with. Curious about what's between the cook and the evil mastermind. What is part of Kida's past? Finally, we see somewhat impactful actions being taken upon relatively relevant characters. Excited about this new arc and what is has in store.
Jan 24, 2023 3:24 AM
May 2020
slasher to the rescue
Mar 25, 2023 4:28 PM

Feb 2018
A bit of a focus on Anri for this one.
Looks like she is going to be involved with the slasher now.
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Apr 2019
Celty being the cutest again. But i finally get who who is on the forum board since the names were never translated on screen. makes this whole ordeal a lot more fun to watch now.

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.