Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 30, 2021 12:00 PM

Jan 2019
By all the discussion on the tension between Kukuru and Fuka I still want to mention, that again Kai seems to be really interested in Fuuka. For example: When Umi-yan talks about Fuukas background with Kukuru, it was Kai who stays with Fuuka. And there are other moments where it is clearly shown, that Kai has some interest in Fuuka.
The pace is much slower as between Fuuka and Kukuru. But I think really, that in the end Fuuka will have a good friend in Kukura and to be in love with Kai. We are talking of an anime with 24 episodes. Therefore the slow pace between Kai and Fuuka can fit to be together in the end.
Jul 30, 2021 12:54 PM

Apr 2012
Tigerle said:
By all the discussion on the tension between Kukuru and Fuka I still want to mention, that again Kai seems to be really interested in Fuuka. For example: When Umi-yan talks about Fuukas background with Kukuru, it was Kai who stays with Fuuka. And there are other moments where it is clearly shown, that Kai has some interest in Fuuka.
The pace is much slower as between Fuuka and Kukuru. But I think really, that in the end Fuuka will have a good friend in Kukura and to be in love with Kai. We are talking of an anime with 24 episodes. Therefore the slow pace between Kai and Fuuka can fit to be together in the end.

If there is a hyped slash ship in the work, then people tend to forget about the existence of straight love interests or even outright deny them. Think of TodoMomo. On the other hand, as you said yourself, this is only the fourth episode, so I think things can change in either of two directions.
Jul 30, 2021 3:35 PM

Aug 2020
Oh snap, wasn't expecting that her mom would show up so early or that everyone learned Fuuka's idol identity, I feel like it was kinda rushed but I think it added more spice that will make things more interesting.

Also what's up with Kukuru and that maternity book? Is she really pregnant? Considering that one of the main themes of this anime seems to be maternity... it makes me wonder, but she did said that she wasn't pregnant unless she was lying... either way, that adds a cool mystery on her and will test her relationship with Fuuka if true.

Jul 30, 2021 3:59 PM

May 2021
Ahrum said:
Oh snap, wasn't expecting that her mom would show up so early or that everyone learned Fuuka's idol identity, I feel like it was kinda rushed but I think it added more spice that will make things more interesting.

Also what's up with Kukuru and that maternity book? Is she really pregnant? Considering that one of the main themes of this anime seems to be maternity... it makes me wonder, but she did said that she wasn't pregnant unless she was lying... either way, that adds a cool mystery on her and will test her relationship with Fuuka if true.

Remember that the last episode had her having such flashback too, when she asked the vet (Or something like that) the source of those maternity books, so it is not of her but of her mother (Supposedly, maybe I missed something)

Jul 30, 2021 4:51 PM
Sep 2020
Spaceship said:
The yuri shippers are going to have a field day with this one... And I can't really blame them.

Either we'll get a romantic relationship or it'll be a hell of a bait-and-switch.
tbh I don’t think it’ll be a bait. I think it will either treat them as a sisterly relationship or a yuri. Either way I’m thrilled
Jul 30, 2021 5:06 PM

Dec 2016
This episode got weird... The scene where Fuuka and Kukuru touched each other's faces was a little too much. I personally am not into Yuri by the way. I hope this is friendship only and nothing else.

The ending got heavy ^^; I wasn't expecting to see a visit from Fuuka's mom so soon, and by the looks of it, she might be forced to go back to her hometown. I'm thinking the possibility that those 4 bragged they saw the former idol and that's why Fuuka's mom found out about her whereabouts. Yikes! >.>;

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jul 30, 2021 5:40 PM
Dec 2016
Umi-yan is the best character with the best introduction. A big guy stealing popsicles and scaring Fuuka running after her.
Jul 30, 2021 6:32 PM

Jun 2019
Where the hell did that come from?

Fuuka was trying so hard because she wanted to get to know Kukuru better?
1. Why did she all of a sudden take such an interest in Kukuru?
2. Why would she subconciously go about it in such a convoluted way?
3. How the hell would she even realize that is why she was doing all this?
It feels like this all came out of nowhere and feels incredibly forced. Like grabbing Kukuru’s hand and putting it on her cheek while calling her by her first name?? All of this is so out of character for Fuuka who is depicted more reserved.

Unfortunately, I don’t sense any meaning behind it either. One of my least favorite trends in current anime is hinting at homosexual fanservice to entice ships and fanfiction while never commiting to making the characters gay. This strategy is so cheap and manipulative that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If they do end up in a relationship together, I still think that it should have been built up better. Also, Fuuka being so afraid of others knowing she was an idol doesn’t make sense to me. I get she is working at the aquarium because she is running away from facing her failure, but that reaction was way too extreme.
Blue_MaroonJul 30, 2021 6:54 PM
Jul 30, 2021 8:28 PM

Feb 2020
the drama was still predictable, but it felt like an improvement from last ep. hoping for some nice lesbianism to spice up this season but honestly I have no idea how it'll go
Jul 30, 2021 8:30 PM
Aug 2018
Well, this episode was gay as hell. And I loved it

It was pretty cute seeing everyone defend Fuuka, even more so after all of the effort she put to prepare for the touching pools. I'm loving this anime. It's my weekly calming food
Jul 30, 2021 8:32 PM

Jan 2020
I like this one. I feel bad that there's some creeps out there but the duo of kukuru and fuuka is one that I'm really enjoying and this is a top 2 of the season for me

Jul 30, 2021 10:11 PM
May 2020
Why does everybody debate things to death? Is this a creative writing class?

For me this is about fighting for your dream and losing your dream.
Two souls who band together to make things happen.

All of the mechanics have been done to death before.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Jul 30, 2021 10:27 PM

Jan 2011
Fuuka continues to be down bad she can't catch a break but it was overdue seeing how big her group actually was that people took notice.

Jul 31, 2021 5:32 AM

Oct 2019
cutest shit ever. i hope they get together
Jul 31, 2021 7:15 AM

Sep 2017
This episode was mostly about Fuuka opening up a bit and strengthening the relationship between the two mains. Did get a bit stupid with the Yuri bait face touch scene, but it was good overall.
Jul 31, 2021 9:09 AM
Mar 2021
There are 2 handbooks Kukuru found. So, it may happen her parents left the house with new born baby. Sad if this is the case. Let's see where it goes
Jul 31, 2021 9:38 AM
Sep 2016
Am I the only one who thinks that the EP this time has bad pacings? Some scenes are executed to hastily. Yes, it was supposed to be a more intense EP than the previous ones, but intensity does not always means the same as fast pacing though.... Especially since this is made by P.A., they should already understand this while producing either Hanasaku Iroha, Sakura Quest, or Shirobako, that intense scenes doesn't always have to be fast paced.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jul 31, 2021 9:49 AM

Jun 2021
An OK episode. If anything, it was uneventful.

I'll give them a pass since it's a 2 cour show, but not much to note from this episode. I guess they introduced a new character and put some clarity on Fuuka's celebrity. Obviously, PA Works animation continues to be great.
Aug 1, 2021 7:38 AM

Jun 2020
Another charming episode! I really like all the characters. They were all so kind to Fuuka & it’s so nice how they looked out for her. The boys are amazing too & Kuuya is just a phaaaaaat mood lolololllll. Umi was a nice addition as well, it was cute how popular he was with the kids, the kids love him! Hope his back strain/injury is just a gag & gets better.

Every episode has actually made me tear up in a way or another so far, I find the situation Fuuka is in pretty relatable, of course not that I was an idol, but just her running away from her past, meeting new people, having to face her past, working hard & the story of new connections & experiences. It’s pretty moving seeing her on this adventure in the next phase of her life. I also really love the calming OST. And the kijimunaa that appears every now & then is really so cute & always makes me smile.

Loved the development & now that the idol thing is out of the way, I’m looking forward to seeing how the story plays out from here, seeing how it’s going to be 24 episodes. Hopefully her mother is just concerned about her & isn’t going to be unpleasant but we’ll see......

The ED lyrics are also so fitting & tugs on the heartstrings. One day, the pain will be just another thing of the past♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 1, 2021 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
The animation quality is SUPER! and the story has a really nice pace, u feel comfy watching it, but I have to praise the music and sound directing too, mainly in the most touchy scenes, this story has really profound insights....

And I don't know if it's yuri or not, but shipping Fuuka and Kukuro anyway <3

About Kuuya-san, he's a kind of character that i wouldn't like much, he's boring... He's just the pretty-boy-with-femnine-traits-that-has-a-cool-feature stereotype that every otaku would like just bc he's a "pretty-boy-with-femnine-traits that has a indifferent feature"...
removed-userAug 1, 2021 8:57 PM
Aug 1, 2021 8:39 PM

Apr 2012
Lnaua said:
The animation quality is SUPER! and the story has a really nice pace, u feel comfy watching it, but I have to praise the music and sound directing too, mainly in the most touchy scenes, this story has really profound insights....

And I don't know if it's yuri or not, but shipping Fuuka and Kukuro anyway <3

About Kuuya-san, he's a kind of character that i wouldn't like much, he's boring... He's just the pretty-boy-with-femnine-traits-that-has-a-cool-feature stereotype that every otaku would like him just bc he's a "pretty-boy-with-femnine-traits that has a indifferent feature"...

He's too ikemen to be liked by otaku. Rather, it is a character for a female audience.
Aug 1, 2021 8:44 PM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
He's too ikemen to be liked by otaku. Rather, it is a character for a female audience.

Sorry, I was really meaning 'female otakus' (female audience, as u said) when I texted 'otaku' here
Aug 1, 2021 8:50 PM

Apr 2012
Lnaua said:
RobertBobert said:

Sorry, I was really meaning 'female otakus' (female audience, as u said) when I texted 'otaku' here

No problem. I do not agree with your opinion about him, but this is already a matter of tastes.
Aug 1, 2021 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
No problem. I do not agree with your opinion about him, but this is already a matter of tastes.

Yeah, just a matter of taste... and critical sense... >< too
removed-userAug 1, 2021 9:39 PM
Aug 1, 2021 10:11 PM

Jan 2017
Can't a girl do a new job without being haunted by her past, smh my head people.

Very sweet of the gang to protect Fuuka there, but with the arrival of her mother it seems her fun time is not gonna last
Aug 2, 2021 8:32 AM
Feb 2008
Tigerle said:

I think Kai Just speechless cause well Fuuka is an idol and didn't realize it just like everyone else so he is trying to keep it cool in episode 4. Parts tell me he is there cause hoping Fuuka isn't going to use Kukuru and just leave without telling her. i think he is just suspicious and hope Kukuru doesn't get hurt.

Who knows where this will go which yeah i agree 24 episodes.

Right now i am loving Kai in the show!
He is making the two girls get more closer and understand each other.
Happy that it is working!

If viewers think this is yuri bait, then KAI is a great love matchmaker and he would support them 100%
Shakesgrl20Aug 2, 2021 8:37 AM
Aug 2, 2021 9:27 AM

Apr 2012
Shakesgrl20 said:
Tigerle said:

I think Kai Just speechless cause well Fuuka is an idol and didn't realize it just like everyone else so he is trying to keep it cool in episode 4. Parts tell me he is there cause hoping Fuuka isn't going to use Kukuru and just leave without telling her. i think he is just suspicious and hope Kukuru doesn't get hurt.

Who knows where this will go which yeah i agree 24 episodes.

Right now i am loving Kai in the show!
He is making the two girls get more closer and understand each other.
Happy that it is working!

If viewers think this is yuri bait, then KAI is a great love matchmaker and he would support them 100%

People talked about the possibility of pairing them even earlier when they discussed Kukuru's past. But this is only the fourth episode, so I don't think I can "correctly" interpret any posible ship tease.
Aug 3, 2021 7:36 AM

Jun 2019
This anime is so wholesome. I'm glad we are going for a 24 episodes series on this original.
Aug 6, 2021 10:15 PM

Aug 2020
so she just keeps those origami in her overalls?
Aug 7, 2021 5:32 PM

Feb 2020
The relationship between Fuuka and Kukuru are cute.
Aug 8, 2021 11:04 AM

Dec 2016
This episode was so enjoyable. They all worked together to prepare for the touching pool event with some funny moments.

How they all left leaving Kai and Fuuka alone like that...that awkwardness was so relatable XD

Umi-yan's entry was indeed creepy XD but he's such a nice and funny guy.

That one moment just turned into those typical short 1 volume romance manga that I had to cringe a little but it was cute XD

I don't understand those two maternity notebook thing. Most of you are saying they could be long lost sisters but to me they don't look alike at all. They're the same age so that's most probably not the case. It's more believable if they turned out to be cousins.

Still no explanation about that little creature that shows up so randomly.
Aug 14, 2021 5:35 AM

Feb 2019
Fuuka's past finally catching up to her. Her mom's finally arrived. I wonder how they'll solve it.

I forgot to comment last episode, but those pregnancy guidebooks... probably Kukuru's mom was pregnant when she died huh...
Aug 14, 2021 6:21 AM

Oct 2007
Rickydory123 said:

How they all left leaving Kai and Fuuka alone like that...that awkwardness was so relatable XD

Umi-yan's entry was indeed creepy XD but he's such a nice and funny guy.

being alone with a beautiful former idol would make most people feel awkward. He's probably not sure what they could talk about. Good thing the tv was there to save him. :p

on Umi-yan... yeah, a large guy coming from a dark room, and he chases after her. I guess that's terrifying. xp
Aug 27, 2021 12:13 PM

Jul 2021
I don't understand you folks, yuri, not yuri, bait, not bait. What I see is a heart-warming anime with great characters <3
Sep 8, 2021 9:42 PM
Aug 2021
Ahhhh... Bikin kangen Mizuno Ai aja. :(
Semoga movie atau season final... Gua ga sanggup lihat koutaro-san menderita lagi... Atau akan jadi Kekkai sensen ni ceritanya... Kok jadi bahas Zombieland saga!!! (Toyansu)

Hehe... Anime Aquatope ini sangat bagus. Cuman kalau ceritanya fokus ke mantan idol itu mungkin lebih terasa lagi "apa yang dirasakan oleh seseorang yang sedang kabur dari rumah. Tapi, setelah gua lihat ada mizuno Ai Revenge episode 1 :)) gagal fokus ni... Tapi cukup bagus kerana story dua karakter itu di mix secara adil gitu.
Sep 19, 2021 10:27 AM

Mar 2010
Dat idol gal should embrace her new wagie and somehow and surely incorporate some idol stuff into the aquarium. No shame in dat.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 2, 2021 7:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well now they all know she was a singer before, but it's sad that she has been recognized :/
I remember touching animals at the aquarium with the same activity, it's nice to see in the anime
Oct 4, 2021 1:56 AM
Mar 2012
was on verge of dropping but now seems recovered...
Apology finally happened nice.
Not sure ya need an intimate confession just to be friends, and much more after, but nice ok.
Oct 15, 2021 9:13 PM

Nov 2018
COME ON GIVE ME THE YURI
Dec 16, 2021 11:55 PM

Jun 2009
Well I'm shipping it, although obviously nothing will come of it.
Jan 30, 2022 1:17 AM

Jul 2015
Respect to Fuuka for putting in a lot of effort. Seems like her idol past still haunts her and by the looks of it her mother will too next episode.

May 8, 2022 9:01 AM

Apr 2016
I'm clearly not that interested on this series if I only got exciting when the Mom showed up.
The maternity pamphlet surprised me, like why is there, is some melodrama around the corner?
Aug 30, 2022 8:10 PM

Jul 2016
"You might understand better if you touch me."
Jul 21, 2023 12:29 AM

Jul 2022
Couldn't help but got annoyed about Miyazawa's helplessness-defendlessness and weak-toned like she made a small mistake or something.

「ちょっと」、「でも」、「ぎめんさい」、「すみません」。。。

Nov 6, 2023 6:24 PM

Nov 2022
Fuuka's mother looks pretty mad, and why wouldn't she be? Fuuka said she would be coming back home, but instead went to Okinawa and started working a live-in job. Then she lied to her mother by saying she was staying over at her friend Ruka's place. Only to then be told that she lied to her and is actually in Okinawa. That's a pretty valid reason to be mad, if you ask me.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

138 by basskiller »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:15 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2021

78 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2021

74 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 12:00 AM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2021

85 by basskiller »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2021

105 by basskiller »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.