Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 22, 2021 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not going to lie, I think it's going to take some time to get used to the animation style. Feels kinda cartoony if you ask me.

As expected, there's tons of comedy in this show already with the opening minutes. It looks like the show so far is focused on Hayto and him preparing for batttling aginst demons. Rin was also priceless to watch for her personality. Feels like this could be a guilty pleasure of the season even with that weird plot.
Jul 22, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
This source material that's written by the same author as Interspecies Reviewers and illustrated by the same author as Miss Kobayashi's Maid Dragon, this premiere episode is wacky in a good way like Dorohedoro, and another show that's announced during the MAPPA Stage 10th Anniversary event.

This is director Seimei Kidokoro's debut work, if you disregard the 2nd movie of the Haikara-san ga Tooru film series. Scriptwriter and series composer Hiroshi Seko comes back to handle this show, and knowing the eccentricness that is Dorohedoro (when it comes to the trippy OP and ED), it even has some MAPPA signatures, most especially in the veins of Zombieland Saga for presentation and Jujutsu Kaisen for the action.

The old 800-year-old story of the Idaten Deities, the Gods of Fighting that are called forth of battle, for a war that has since then been long gone and traded for peace. For humans to have the same extensive knowledge as these Idaten Deities, and fending off resurrected monsters from a human empire that is the Zobel Empire. It takes a fair bit deal of effort for the old scientific robot fart Dr. Obami to get data on these Idaten gods, which didn't fare so well by Hayato making it look easy and a self-destruction for escape. These guys means business: these Idaten gods have been living in peacetime too much, and all it takes is a trigger to bring forth these gods' fighting stance.

The sister getting violated at the end, sure knows how to punch in that Interspecies feeling.

Well, this is an intriguing start all things considered.
KANLen09Jul 22, 2021 11:52 AM
Jul 22, 2021 9:31 AM

Jul 2019
Already loving this anime, it is so goofy and has brainless action. Everything needed for a cheap ticket to AOTS lmfao.

Anyways, pretty good first episode. Characters are pretty cool in themselves, that spin-off Dr Eggman had me like bruh. Dude fr out here reviving demons for his master plot lol.

The audio here is wicked too, loving seiyuus and OST, not to mention goat Mappa doing bits as usual with animation.

Wanting to see more for sure.

Jul 22, 2021 9:32 AM

Jan 2020
The most slept on and best anime of 2021 summer is here!

The Opening is insanely trippy and was definitely hype af, this director from studio shaft did not hold back with this color palette, I'm already having a seizure.
The main characters are likeable af and they seem really entertaining to watch.
Anyway this was definitely a really good first episode, and I'm excited see more of Amahara's story-telling talent.
Jul 22, 2021 10:14 AM

Jun 2019
Another show, which was announced at MAPPA's 10th anniversary. The animation style is definitely unique, that's for sure and I like it. The first episode was really interesting in terms of character introductions and felt a little silly in a good way.

The animation as usual, from MAPPA, is amazing. No complaints there. I enjoyed the OP as well. Overall, good first impressions. The main characters are likable with a lot of comedic aspects in this show. Definitely looking forward to this show, this season.
Jul 22, 2021 10:15 AM

Apr 2018
The opening is pretty nice.
I can definitely get used to the art style, it doesn't seem that bad.
The soundtrack is chill, espically in the beginning when the old geezer teleported to the other side.
Interesting cast, this is amazing. The thing that I like the most from the anime are how speedy they are. It's fun to see them go flash mode.
The visuals are outstanding, well done mappa.

And the studio that is animating this, is mappa. So looking forward for more episodes.

SideCharacterKalJul 22, 2021 10:30 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 22, 2021 10:24 AM

Feb 2020
Damn I really like the first episode, animation and characters all looks so great, and the OP&ED are bangers!
5/5 ep.
Jul 22, 2021 10:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It looks really great for the visuals, especially how the colors are always changing, it makes me think of Jojo's... the OP/ED have really outstanding visuals as well, I'm not sure about the story so far though, it's really weird, but well it's only the beginning
Jul 22, 2021 10:50 AM

Feb 2019
Maid Dragon Mangaka putting up Jordan numbers this season with THREE 10 out of 10s rn, crazy.

I’m loving the art style. MAPPA doing a really good job of creating a unique look. The mature dialogue is cool too, and digging the action and blood. Final scene was pretty fucked up. Was expecting someone to come save her… in the church tho… messed up

P.S Get in the Fucking robot shinji
Jul 22, 2021 10:50 AM

Mar 2019
Oh lordy this is going to be pretty fun. The VA cast is pretty stacked too!
Jul 22, 2021 11:00 AM

May 2020
2 episodes damn but why are there 2 eps drop?
Jul 22, 2021 11:01 AM

Dec 2020
The OP was very nice and the ED idk about that xD, tbh the animation is something different as usual. So the old man was just a roboter, sheesh how fast are they.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 22, 2021 11:11 AM

Dec 2014
Feels like they took the "Experimental Animation" department from MAPPA and put them on this and it looks amazing.
Jul 22, 2021 11:12 AM

Jan 2008
Read a little of this a while back, completely forgot the name of it. OP and ED are definitely fall into the more memorable of this season category. The OP was really trippy.

Episode itself was okay, was expecting a bit more from the fight scene since Mappa.

Seems they're going a bit safer route with the nudity/sexual content. They made 'that' scene with the nun...artsy. In the manga it was rather graphic.
Jul 22, 2021 11:17 AM
Dec 2020
that scene with the nun ruined the mood that was set for me, why did that have to exist? even if they really censored it down and made it artsy, it still fucking happened, and from a comment above it was graphic in the manga so for that I thank mappa tbh, I didnt want to see that. The rest of the episode was great
some people...
Jul 22, 2021 11:28 AM

Oct 2017
The visuals and animation in this was really good. Story/plot seems pretty dark. That last scene with the nun was too much. I'm not sure if I'll continue, proly not.
MegamiRemJul 22, 2021 11:03 PM
Jul 22, 2021 11:33 AM

Dec 2010
>Cool-kyou Shinja adaptation
>lewds are cut
I feel robbed.

The unique style they chose is pretty good and the OP and ED are a real banger.
Jul 22, 2021 11:42 AM
Jul 2020
Wasn't expecting that last scene. Got pretty dark real damn quick.
Jul 22, 2021 11:43 AM
Dec 2020
avianworld said:

It ruined the episode completely for me, what a shitty mood destroyer for what looked like a good anime inicially.
some people...
Jul 22, 2021 11:46 AM

Apr 2021
Great episode. I wasn't expecting Edward Elric to be in here.
Jul 22, 2021 11:50 AM

Dec 2014
hmstr said:
avianworld said:

It ruined the episode completely for me, what a shitty mood destroyer for what looked like a good anime inicially.

Yeah go on, tell u s about your experience, everyone really cares to hear it.... zzz....
Jul 22, 2021 11:51 AM
Dec 2020
Venumidas said:
hmstr said:

Yeah go on, tell u s about your experience, everyone really cares to hear it.... zzz....

tf r u talking about, r u special? I just personally dont like rape scenes, u gonna tell me im weird for that? go f*ck your dead nan

rape in a hentai/anime like redo of healer is the only times ill "accept" it, although i still hated redo of healer for sure.
iskarzzzyJul 22, 2021 12:06 PM
some people...
Jul 22, 2021 11:54 AM

Jan 2021
Bruhh, this OP, we are crazy 0.0

Poof, the animation is awesome, how not coming from Mappa.

The story... I'm not sure, what I do know is that there will be fights until I'm sick of them (⌒ω⌒)
Jul 22, 2021 12:12 PM

May 2018
I don't like this at all. I will probably drop it if I don't enjoy episode 2
Jul 22, 2021 12:21 PM

Jan 2018
I want even aware this was going to come out but after watching two episodes in sure this is a strong contestant for anime of the season along with Sonny boy
Jul 22, 2021 12:31 PM

Nov 2020
The last scene..... was kinda shock , didn't expect this kind of stuff.
Jul 22, 2021 12:33 PM
Mar 2021
loved it until the rape at the end. honestly felt unnecessary and careless IMO. dropped.
Jul 22, 2021 12:34 PM
Dec 2020
Brew-chan said:

I agree, completely killed off the good mood I got from the episode. Not what I wanted to see,
some people...
Jul 22, 2021 12:34 PM

Jul 2019
Fun episode. I really like the aesthetic of the whole show, especially the color design, its unique, even if some people might think its too much out there. Some quite well animated parts, liked seeing kaneko working on the show. It seems like a fairly brainless show (for now at least), but it does seem fun, interested to see where it goes.
Jul 22, 2021 12:35 PM
Dec 2020
jermesz said:
loved it until the rape at the end. honestly felt unnecessary and careless IMO. dropped.

I agree, it completely and utterly f*cked my mood from the episode before that scene, I wont drop it for now because I try to drop as small amount as possible, but yes I despised that.
some people...
Jul 22, 2021 12:42 PM
May 2020
Damn bruh why isn't anybody talking about how bad that last scene is? Director decided to completely remove any kind of seriousness that scene should have had by adding classical music and basically making light of the entire situation. Fucked up.
Jul 22, 2021 12:51 PM

Feb 2019
dkdumpling said:
Damn bruh why isn't anybody talking about how bad that last scene is? Director decided to completely remove any kind of seriousness that scene should have had by adding classical music and basically making light of the entire situation. Fucked up.

I'd say at least half of this thread is people complaining about the scene...

To me it is an obvious homage to "A Clockwork Orange"
Jul 22, 2021 12:53 PM
Dec 2020
dkdumpling said:

have you read any of my messages, what do you mean nobody is talking about it. It completely ruined the episode for me for sure
some people...
Jul 22, 2021 12:53 PM
Dec 2020
HOOfan_1 said:
dkdumpling said:

yes, complaining, with reason. no way you're saying everyone should just accept that shit.
some people...
Jul 22, 2021 12:54 PM
Dec 2020
Paul said:
Read a little of this a while back, completely forgot the name of it. OP and ED are definitely fall into the more memorable of this season category. The OP was really trippy.

Episode itself was okay, was expecting a bit more from the fight scene since Mappa.

Seems they're going a bit safer route with the nudity/sexual content. They made 'that' scene with the nun...artsy. In the manga it was rather graphic.
I'm glad that mappa cut the graphic content but still :(
Jul 22, 2021 12:55 PM
May 2020
HOOfan_1 said:
dkdumpling said:

That doesn't make the scene any less insensitive. It is still awful, why the hell would you put classical music over that and then clearly show the soldiers enjoying it? Fucking disgusting.
Jul 22, 2021 12:56 PM
Dec 2020
Babla11001 said:
Paul said:

I'm glad that mappa cut the graphic content but still :(

Even if they cut out the graphicness and simplify it, we know it happened, and that its completely stupid. watching is gonna constantly ruin my mood but im giving it a chance to redeem itself.
some people...
Jul 22, 2021 12:57 PM
May 2020
hmstr said:
dkdumpling said:

have you read any of my messages, what do you mean nobody is talking about it. It completely ruined the episode for me for sure

Sorry I sent that comment before I saw your message load, before that I only saw 1 person talking about it.
Dec 2020
dkdumpling said:
HOOfan_1 said:

That doesn't make the scene any less insensitive. It is still awful, why the hell would you put classical music over that and then clearly show the soldiers enjoying it? Fucking disgusting.

Holy sht. A man on this site is spittin facts
some people...

Feb 2019
dkdumpling said:

why the hell would you put classical music over that and then clearly show the soldiers enjoying it? Fucking disgusting.

Obviously, you have never seen "A Clockwork Orange"
Jul 22, 2021 12:58 PM
May 2020
HOOfan_1 said:
dkdumpling said:

why the hell would you put classical music over that and then clearly show the soldiers enjoying it? Fucking disgusting.

I don't really want to watch it then if that's what the director decided to do.
Jul 22, 2021 12:59 PM
Dec 2020
HOOfan_1 said:
dkdumpling said:

And I definitely will not, By the way you're describing it, it doesn't make me want to watch it either.
some people...
Jul 22, 2021 1:01 PM

Feb 2019
hmstr said:
no way you're saying everyone should just accept that shit.

You can accept or reject whatever you want to.

I was just pointing out that "why isn't anybody talking about how bad that last scene was" is a stupid comment to make when literally 5 or 6 posts made just before that were discussing the scene and calling it bad.
HOOfan_1Jul 22, 2021 1:04 PM
Jul 22, 2021 1:01 PM

Nov 2020
hmstr said:
Brew-chan said:

I agree, completely killed off the good mood I got from the episode. Not what I wanted to see,

Yeah completely killed of enjoyment , and the second episode is even worse
literally what the f*** is wrong with this anime....
Jul 22, 2021 1:02 PM
Dec 2020
HOOfan_1 said:
hmstr said:
no way you're saying everyone should just accept that shit.

You can accept or reject whatever you want to.

I was just pointing out that "why anybody talking about how bad that last scene was" is a stupid comment to make when literally 5 or 6 posts made just before that were discussing the scene and calling it bad.

thats fair, but then he said he didnt see those forum posts yet so thats why he mentioned it
some people...
Jul 22, 2021 1:04 PM
Dec 2020
Brew-chan said:
hmstr said:

Yeah completely killed of enjoyment , and the second episode is even worse
literally what the f*** is wrong with this anime....

I'm going to give it a chance to redeem itself, so I wont drop it for now, but it is quite trash, I like the whole idea of battle dietes and stuff, but the rape is so not needed, doesnt add anything to a story ever, except make it worse.
some people...
Jul 22, 2021 1:12 PM

May 2018
So this is like Dragon Ball on acid.

Started very battle shounen-ish but also fun...and it turned out it's actually seinen.
Let's see where it goes from here.
alshuJul 22, 2021 1:45 PM
Jul 22, 2021 1:13 PM
May 2020
HOOfan_1 said:
dkdumpling said:

Literally just read some reviews of a clockwork orange and it doesn't seem like its a very good movie either. It basically just glorifies sexual violence and attempts to portray "a man's inescapable destiny of violence". Which btw just sounds dumb.

So the fact that this anime is just straight up making light of rape and putting classical music over it makes it seem like the director really doesn't understand the seriousness of the topic. You would think the director would learn why shit like SAO got so much criticism for the way it handled those sensitive topics and how you are supposed to handle that kind of topic if you absolutely must include it in your story.

Overall this anime has good animation and music but that one slip up will be its downfall if they don't handle it with proper care next time.
Jul 22, 2021 1:15 PM

Aug 2017
It's a black comedy. The rape scene is *supposed* to be stupid and hilarious. Whether you like or not this kind of comedy is your opinion, don't blame the creators.
Jul 22, 2021 1:18 PM
May 2020
puruprendo said:
It's a black comedy. The rape scene is *supposed* to be stupid and hilarious. Whether you like or not this kind of comedy is your opinion, don't blame the creators.

Ah yes, a Nun gets raped and prays to god for salvation while the soldiers dance over her violated body.

How fucking funny.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 20, 2021

68 by zerodths »»
Apr 6, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 26, 2021

44 by zerodths »»
Apr 6, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 12, 2021

79 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 5, 2021

48 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2021

74 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 4:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.