Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 7, 2021 10:01 PM
Dec 2018
Rimuru seems to have basically god-level powers now with an army of his own and plenty of powerful allies.

It feels like he can just visit that Clayman demon lord and show up at the door with his new demon servant, the dragon friend and maybe 5-10 of his Generals and best warriors and simply obliterate him lol

Of course, Clayman still has those manipulation skills so hopefully that will provide some interesting challenges to Rimuru in the plot, but with the power fantasy being at this level already, I can't help but feel like I'm watching something like Overlord, where you don't feel like he's at risk of anything serious anymore, and simply look forward to each episode just to know HOW he will destroy his enemies.

Have your feelings towards the series or the way you enjoy it changed compared to when he was a slime leveling up?
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2021 10:09 PM
Feb 2021
Ya! I felt the same way for a while. I won’t straight up spoil anything but I did read slightly ahead in the manga a WHILE back and the scales somehow start to balance again in a way that makes it interesting.
Jul 7, 2021 10:09 PM
Jun 2020
This is just the Starting . Threre Is a lot more tension and higher levels of power in the world yet to be seen . The anime has adapted around 25% of the story and I have read nearly 75% of the story through the LN's and let me tell you the scale of the story will keep getting bigger and bigger with the introduction of new characters and new nations .
OVERLORD_05Jul 8, 2021 5:14 PM
Jul 7, 2021 10:21 PM

Jan 2021
skysurf said:
Rimuru seems to have basically god-level powers now with an army of his own and plenty of powerful allies.

It feels like he can just visit that Clayman demon lord and show up at the door with his new demon servant, the dragon friend and maybe 5-10 of his Generals and best warriors and simply obliterate him lol

Of course, Clayman still has those manipulation skills so hopefully that will provide some interesting challenges to Rimuru in the plot, but with the power fantasy being at this level already, I can't help but feel like I'm watching something like Overlord, where you don't feel like he's at risk of anything serious anymore, and simply look forward to each episode just to know HOW he will destroy his enemies.

Have your feelings towards the series or the way you enjoy it changed compared to when he was a slime leveling up?
Tbh it is kinda true that the tension is pretty much gone, but there was that one part where rimiru was so close to death, he was cornered like nothing, specially when we all thought rimuru was the strongest, seeing hime cornered like that did put me on the edge of my seat (I am talking about Rimuru vs. Hinata Sakaguchi, you can look it up in YouTube) so yea, now that rimuru is a demon lord and way more stronger, he probably shouldn’t be afraid of clayman but he is taking precautions, that could also mean that clayman is unbelievable strong, we could expect a good fight from rimuru vs clayman I think (this is my personal opinion) also I have the same feelings from the start of the anime till now, I still enjoy this anime and won’t drop it no mater what
ShirogamlJul 7, 2021 11:00 PM
Jul 7, 2021 10:38 PM
Jun 2020
Legendno83 said:
now that rimuru is a demon lizard and way more stronger
Lmfao , you changed his whole species .
Jul 7, 2021 10:59 PM

Jan 2021
OVERLORD696969 said:
Legendno83 said:
now that rimuru is a demon lizard and way more stronger
Lmfao , you changed his whole species .
oh no autocorrect 😭 I’ll change it
Jul 7, 2021 11:18 PM
Dec 2018
OVERLORD696969 said:
This is just the Starting . Threre Is a lot more tension and higher levels of power in the world yet to be seen . The anime has adapted around 25% of the story and I have read nearly 75-80% of the story through the LN's and let me tell you the scale of the story will keep getting bigger and bigger with the introduction of new characters and new nations .

So it's gonna be like Dragon Ball, just keep introducing better enemies and gradually raising the power level caps indefinitely... I wish they didn't drag stories for that long, but understandably they want to milk the cash cow as much as possible. Maybe another 10 years for this anime to reach a conclusion?

The world building/politics are still as good as in the beginning tho, so it should still be an enjoyable watch.

PD: Funny that your username is Overlord as I mentioned about it :)
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jul 7, 2021 11:28 PM
Jun 2020
skysurf said:
OVERLORD696969 said:
This is just the Starting . Threre Is a lot more tension and higher levels of power in the world yet to be seen . The anime has adapted around 25% of the story and I have read nearly 75-80% of the story through the LN's and let me tell you the scale of the story will keep getting bigger and bigger with the introduction of new characters and new nations .

So it's gonna be like Dragon Ball, just keep introducing better enemies and gradually raising the power level caps indefinitely... I wish they didn't drag stories for that long, but understandably they want to milk the cash cow as much as possible. Maybe another 10 years for this anime to reach a conclusion?

The world building/politics are still as good as in the beginning tho, so it should still be an enjoyable watch.

PD: Funny that your username is Overlord as I mentioned about it :)
Tensei Slime has a better world building and story because the enemies aren't the same type and the fights are the same every time either . Also Tensei Slime's story isn't dragged , the pace of the story is perfect and I think it will end at around around 150 episodes which is perfect for this kind of story . The fights aren't repetitive and the focus on the story and character is much higher . There is always some kind of unexpected thing happening during fight scenes which keeps the tension maintained .
Jul 8, 2021 1:23 AM

Mar 2021
Don't forget, Clayman is also a demon lord, has his retainers and does this whole business for quite a while. Yes, Rimuru has Veldora at his side, that's the only major benefit. Clayman has leveled generals, too. And one does not simply walk into Clayman, there may be others who don't like self proclaimed slime demon lords..
The Gods and Demons you fear and worship are as nothing to me!
Jul 8, 2021 1:55 AM
Nov 2020
Don’t underestimate the power of Clayman or his subordinates/allies
Jul 8, 2021 1:56 AM
Nov 2020
TheOneSin7 said:
Don't forget, Clayman is also a demon lord, has his retainers and does this whole business for quite a while. Yes, Rimuru has Veldora at his side, that's the only major benefit. Clayman has leveled generals, too. And one does not simply walk into Clayman, there may be others who don't like self proclaimed slime demon lords..
Rimuru also got Diablo who’s as strong or stronger than Veldora
Jul 8, 2021 2:06 AM

Nov 2016
I felt that the moment he casually just packed the orc lord in season 1 but it still has fun moments and shion.
Jul 8, 2021 2:10 AM

Jul 2020
The tension was so high back during the war lol.
I guess there'll be more tension during the battle against Clayman but I'm not a LN reader so can't have a say on that.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 8, 2021 2:16 AM

Apr 2021
I don't think there is, but that isn't a negative thing to me
Jul 8, 2021 2:54 AM

Jan 2020
i also dont feel any tension, and i think this is better, not every anime should have tension, this anime is good in the part that most things go peacefully, maybe it's not realistic, but at least it's fun
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Jul 8, 2021 4:16 AM
Jan 2018
The tension comes from the political side now I guess
Jul 8, 2021 5:58 AM

Aug 2019
There's a lot of tension if you were paying attention to the story. Rimuru has to constantly make friends and allies if he wants his country to survive.
There's always a bigger fish and he knows this, that's why his playing it safe.

Jul 8, 2021 6:26 AM
Feb 2021
Yes

(15 characters)
Jul 8, 2021 6:31 AM

Apr 2021
At least overlord has a good LN, slime doesn't even have that.
Jul 8, 2021 6:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
There has never been any. This show is an Isekai power fantasy safe space.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 8, 2021 6:40 AM
Apr 2021
Supernova_405 said:
TheOneSin7 said:
Diablo isn’t close to being as strong as Veldora. Veldora is a true dragon and only a couple demon lords are as powerful as him.
Jul 8, 2021 7:15 AM

Nov 2016
Has there ever been noteworthy tension? Thought people like this for OP MC, waifus and slice of life fun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 8, 2021 7:30 AM

Jul 2019
Has there ever been tension?
Subarashii
Jul 8, 2021 7:31 AM
Jun 2021
I also feel the same way. The show has pretty much boring battles which end in a few seconds. The show is all about how rimuru leads his life in that world.
There is no world development or character development.But at the end, the show is fun to watch.
Jul 8, 2021 10:13 AM
Nov 2020
Chrisx8 said:
Supernova_405 said:
Diablo isn’t close to being as strong as Veldora. Veldora is a true dragon and only a couple demon lords are as powerful as him.
I’m not a ln reader, but aren’t primordial colour demons supposed to be a really big deal. Would appreciate it if you can answer with the least amount of spoilers possible if you’re a ln reader
Jul 8, 2021 5:29 PM
Jun 2020
Supernova_405 said:
I’m not a ln reader, but aren’t primordial colour demons supposed to be a really big deal. Would appreciate it if you can answer with the least amount of spoilers possible if you’re a ln reader
Yes Primordials are supposed to be a big deal but only to humans not True Demon Lords or True Dragons . Veldora is a true dragon which is the strongest species in the world . The only people that can hurt veldora are other True Dragons (only 2 remaining) and some of the True Demon Lords (Guy and Rimuru can beat him , Milim and Draguel can fight him evenly for some time ). Primodials are skillful because of their long life but do not have enough power because there is a power cap on their species . *All of the character and power levels are based on Volume 6 of LN (Anime Season 2 part 2)
Jul 9, 2021 12:53 AM
Apr 2021
There will be so much plots and schemes that drag rimuru into it. In this series is not about power and fight, but about gaining trust from other nations. But if you like a fierce fight against greater power, just wait till eastern empire arc who has leader powerful as guy crimson.
kikik13Jul 9, 2021 1:02 AM
Jul 9, 2021 1:09 AM
Apr 2021
OVERLORD696969 said:
Supernova_405 said:
Yes Primordials are supposed to be a big deal but only to humans not True Demon Lords or True Dragons . Veldora is a true dragon which is the strongest species in the world . The only people that can hurt veldora are other True Dragons (only 2 remaining) and some of the True Demon Lords (Guy and Rimuru can beat him , Milim and Draguel can fight him evenly for some time ). Primodials are skillful because of their long life but do not have enough power because there is a power cap on their species . *All of the character and power levels are based on Volume 6 of LN (Anime Season 2 part 2)

Some primordials become really big deal, even for true demon lord. Such as guy crimson who become the strongest among true demon lord. Then on rimuru side we've known 4 primordial black, white, yellow, and violet. About true dragon, they are the most powerful being, with minimum destruction rank is Catastrophe. Only demon lord milim & demon lord guy crimson who had same destruction rank as true dragon.
Jul 9, 2021 4:25 AM
Jun 2021
I’ve finished the light novel and to be honest this is where it stops really being if they’ll win and more if they’ll win without any casualties and can rimuru get the perfect world they want without becoming basically a dictator
Jul 9, 2021 6:46 AM

Feb 2017
skysurf said:

atm Rimuru is around mid-tier demon lord level, he's also still nowhere near true dragon level (veldora and his sisters)

the reason Rimuru is always doing a okay as the story progresses cuz most of top-tier characters in TenSura are reasonable ppl, they're relatively peaceful fellas lol like demon lord milim so they dont mess with the MC(Rimuru) for the sake of messing with him

btw, iF it wasnt for the demon lords, the world wouldve been loong gone. theyre actually not that bad, but they do kill humans and monsters for fun sometimes tho lol
Lab_Rat_0978Jul 9, 2021 6:58 AM
Jul 9, 2021 9:23 AM
Jan 2021
KaiserHamuel said:
There never was any to begin with. That’s why the show is shit.

I do accept that this anime does not have much tension. But there are more enjoyable elements in it. It's your opinion that this show is shit. But I don't feel that way. This show also has really good rating on mal.
Jul 10, 2021 4:37 AM
Jan 2021
Stephen36 said:
I also feel the same way. The show has pretty much boring battles which end in a few seconds. The show is all about how rimuru leads his life in that world.
There is no world development or character development.But at the end, the show is fun to watch.
"no world development"???? R we even watching the same anime??? Or u haven't been paying attention to the plot at all
Jul 10, 2021 5:47 AM
Jan 2021
pliz don't pay my score any mind what i mean is rimuru is building a nation from scratch into prosperous nation bit by bit haven't watched overlord so can't say anything for that
Jul 10, 2021 6:52 AM
Jun 2021
UwUestBaka said:
pliz don't pay my score any mind what i mean is rimuru is building a nation from scratch into prosperous nation bit by bit haven't watched overlord so can't say anything for that
that's not a problem.you said what you thought about the show. The show is entertaining but at the end of the day,there
is nothing outstanding compared to other isekai shows. As the show continues,u will understand how messed up the world is.I am thankful that u replied to my comment.
Jul 10, 2021 6:59 AM

Aug 2011
Honestly this show NEVER made sense, it is like a slice of life that goes over the top and has some awesome nonsensical battles sometimes.

It is just fun to me, not saying is a masterpiece, it just serves its purpose of braindead fun.

KaiserHamuel said:
There never was any to begin with. That’s why the show is AWESOME.

Fix'd it for you!
Ha! :P

» Escapism.

Jul 10, 2021 7:03 AM
Jan 2021
Stephen36 said:
UwUestBaka said:
that's not a problem.you said what you thought about the show. The show is entertaining but at the end of the day,there
is nothing outstanding compared to other isekai shows. As the show continues,u will understand how messed up the world is.I am thankful that u replied to my comment.
i dwunno bout that,tensura already took the spot for favourite anime for me n i've read the LN n WN n i really like what's coming
Jul 10, 2021 7:55 AM

Feb 2017
Kenchiin said:
Honestly this show NEVER made sense, it is like a slice of life that goes over the top and has some awesome nonsensical battles sometimes.

It is just fun to me, not saying is a masterpiece, it just serves its purpose of braindead fun.

KaiserHamuel said:
There never was any to begin with. That’s why the show is AWESOME.

Fix'd it for you!
Ha! :P

funny you say that

even how tensura magic/skill system work is already a lot better than the likes of overlord, the anime thats clearly based on mmorpg

tensura is not just a slice of life anime
Jul 10, 2021 8:06 AM

Feb 2017
Stephen36 said:
UwUestBaka said:

tensura has the most an in depth magic/skill system ever tho,
it speaks a lot of how awesome its world building truly is

how about you try to explain it here, or do you even know about it?

or myb could you mention that there's other anime or especially isekai anime that spend a lot of more time and effort in describing how its magic/skill system work than tensura? lol
overlord? myb rezero? or konosuba?
Jul 10, 2021 11:37 PM
Jun 2021
[quote=nina444 message=63784942]
You really think Tetsura gives an in depth explanation of it's magic skills or how the world works than overlord or rezero.
Overlord has given how magic depends on the level of the character. It divided spells into 11 tier(1-10 tier and God tier),how skills differ from spells(don't need mana)and a detailed explanation of Supreme beings.
Whereas tensura doesn't explain how it's magic works. How rimuru's level increases, how he gets more than one ultimate skill. He got two ultimate skill even if he is a slime
and now he has got four ultimate skill.even veldora has less than that. If u proudly say it has explain about magic spell,I think u are hallucinated or please explain.
Rezero has one of the best world building and character development which is far better than slime. It also explains how Subaru got his ultimate skill(I am just calling it to avoid spoilers).
Before arguing about something, I think u should watch other isekai shows.
Jul 11, 2021 8:09 PM
Aug 2018
[quote=Stephen36 message=63791207]
nina444 said:

You really think Tetsura gives an in depth explanation of it's magic skills or how the world works than overlord or rezero.
Overlord has given how magic depends on the level of the character. It divided spells into 11 tier(1-10 tier and God tier),how skills differ from spells(don't need mana)and a detailed explanation of Supreme beings.
Whereas tensura doesn't explain how it's magic works. How rimuru's level increases, how he gets more than one ultimate skill. He got two ultimate skill even if he is a slime
and now he has got four ultimate skill.even veldora has less than that. If u proudly say it has explain about magic spell,I think u are hallucinated or please explain.
Rezero has one of the best world building and character development which is far better than slime. It also explains how Subaru got his ultimate skill(I am just calling it to avoid spoilers).
slime is definitely good show, if u not like this just avoid or ignore this,everyone has their own opinion, many like this show
Jul 11, 2021 8:33 PM
Jun 2021
[quote=Sayan_Pal message=63800745]
Stephen36 said:
nina444 said:

slime is definitely good show, if u not like this just avoid or ignore this,everyone has their own opinion, many like this show
I also think it is a good show. I just argued how it lacks a deep
explanation of the world. The show is great.
I am sorry if I hurt your feelings .
Jul 11, 2021 9:55 PM

Mar 2021
[quote=Stephen36 message=63791207]
nina444 said:

It also explains how Subaru got his ultimate skill.

Well, I'm not gonna agree with you... ALso first mainly I want to know whether you watched slime or not......

The comment you made felt like: you just want to draw attention or just want to popular other isekai shows or just wanted to trash it.. but I felt you watched slime complication from youtube...

feeling irritated? ``` let me explain then```

1. You really think Tetsura gives an in-depth explanation of its magic skills or how the world works than overlord or rezero. -- Ans:- Just watch slime ep 1, the great sage explains what magicules are and how it works

2. How rimuru's level increases -- because of the naming from Ep 2 and he engulf orc lord too

3. how he gets more than one ultimate skill -- every demon lord is guaranteed one ultimate skill but if you watch tensura s2 ep 11 you can know that he sacrificed a skill to get the second skill.. also since the great sage (mostly Raphael) is analyzing veldora and unlimited imprisonment for a year.. so after analyzing it the remains of the skill formed into Ultimate skills...

4. veldora has less than that --- please wait. Veldora skills are not out yet.. he just told him that he got a new ultimate skill.. (in our country) also ultimate skills don't define your power it's the magicule level.. remember it. ( or just watch milim vs carrion)

5. Rezero has one of the best world building and character development which is far better than slime -- watch slime diaries to know about characters more or just wait for s4.. you can know about them in the next 3 arcs

6. It also explains how Subaru got his ultimate skill -- when there's a good explanation in anime, how come you can say there's no explanation?

7. Before arguing about something, I think u should watch other isekai shows. --- please watch slime in Crunchyroll, not on youtube...

I am sorry if I hurt you... well after the questions, you asked I thought that you are just to hurt someone here by trying to force your opinion.. most of my answers are acceptable, you are free to ask in any community about the events I wrote.. so just watch slime...

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Jul 11, 2021 11:01 PM
Jun 2021
[quote=tensura1704 message=63801596]
Stephen36 said:
nina444 said:

Whereas tensura doesn't explain how it's magic works. How rimuru's level increases, how he gets more than one ultimate skill. He got two ultimate skill even if he is a slime. I also watched other isekai and I am also not bad mouthing slime. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.
It also explains how Subaru got his ultimate skill.

Well, I'm not gonna agree with you... ALso first mainly I want to know whether you watched slime or not......

The comment you made felt like: you just want to draw attention or just want to popular other isekai shows or just wanted to trash it.. but I felt you watched slime complication from youtube...

feeling irritated? ``` let me explain then```

1. You really think Tetsura gives an in-depth explanation of its magic skills or how the world works than overlord or rezero. -- Ans:- Just watch slime ep 1, the great sage explains what magicules are and how it works

2. How rimuru's level increases -- because of the naming from Ep 2 and he engulf orc lord too

3. how he gets more than one ultimate skill -- every demon lord is guaranteed one ultimate skill but if you watch tensura s2 ep 11 you can know that he sacrificed a skill to get the second skill.. also since the great sage (mostly Raphael) is analyzing veldora and unlimited imprisonment for a year.. so after analyzing it the remains of the skill formed into Ultimate skills...

4. veldora has less than that --- please wait. Veldora skills are not out yet.. he just told him that he got a new ultimate skill.. (in our country) also ultimate skills don't define your power it's the magicule level.. remember it. ( or just watch milim vs carrion)

5. Rezero has one of the best world building and character development which is far better than slime -- watch slime diaries to know about characters more or just wait for s4.. you can know about them in the next 3 arcs

6. It also explains how Subaru got his ultimate skill -- when there's a good explanation in anime, how come you can say there's no explanation?

7. Before arguing about something, I think u should watch other isekai shows. --- please watch slime in Crunchyroll, not on youtube...

I am sorry if I hurt you... well after the questions, you asked I thought that you are just to hurt someone here by trying to force your opinion.. most of my answers are acceptable, you are free to ask in any community about the events I wrote.. so just watch slime...
thank u for explaining but I doesn't tried to force my opinion on others .I just shared my opinion with others and I only commented on what I watched until this episode. I happily accept your opinion. And I am completely sure I haven't hurt any one's feelings. I just replied to one of the comments if I am sure. A great show needs both appreciation. If truly speaking , tensura is a good show in its own way. The same goes to other isekai also. I would appreciate if u watch other isekai also. Criticism only makes a show better. Please understand it.
Stephen36Jul 13, 2021 4:17 AM
Jul 12, 2021 7:30 AM

Oct 2014
I pity those whose sole factor of excitement are the "thrill of life and death battles" or "worrying that the MC might lose" despite having seen these kinds of things millions of times already.

The irony in this is that isekai took off in the first place because people got tired of morally restricted, reactive, status-quo-maintaining battle shounen MCs who were eternal "slaves of tension" and were doomed to forever be underdogs by ever more powercreeping antagonists who basically make any improvements of the MCs meaningless by always scaling above the MCs' power anyway which essentially resets the series to 0 whenever a new arc begins.

The appeal of isekai are MCs who are not restricted by the chains of tension and get to much more freely exercise their power, aren't forced to be paragons of justice and most importantly can be PROACTIVE.

And this narrative ability for the main character to be proactive is one of Slime's greatest strengths and of so-called "OP MCs" in general. Unlike weak MCs who are just tossed around and can only barely maintain their "peaceful status quo" trying to prevent any losses and "protect what's dear to them" due to their limited power, someone like Rimuru can go beyond that and actually proactively make GAINS and shape the story himself instead of just being "dragged around" by it.

It was Rimuru's decision to absorb Veldora together with the Infinite Prison instead of just leaving him there temporarily and searching for another solution in the next 100 years, and taking Veldora along was basically half the reason several of the first few arcs even happened in the first place.
It was Rimuru's decision to lead the Goblin village. After getting the village more or less in order, instead of going to Dwargon, he could have just told them what to do and go on his merry adventuring ways, he could have still semi-quit after returning from Dwargon though he already had a certain responsibility towards the 4 Dwarves so he'd no longer be able to completely ditch them at that point, but he could have still only made the village his resting point at least, but instead he fully stayed in the village.
It was Rimuru's decision to take over responsibilities for the kids, he had no obligation to this outsider called Shizu, but he took it on anyway.
It was Rimuru's decision to promise the Orc Disaster to take over his burden of taking care of the Orcs and to propose the Jura Forest Alliance.
It was Rimuru's decision to leave his nation behind to become a teacher for the 5 children instead of trying to negotiate to take them to Tempest instead.
etc.

The main character himself being the proactive driving force of the story is a rather uncommon sight. Rimuru is shaping the world and other forces are also shaping the world and their clashes can have many interesting twists and turns. Unlike other series, Rimuru himself represents an entire faction of its own with their own interests which leads to the kind of exciting developments you would not get if the MC was just someone passively "trying to maintain his current daily life". Due to this forward thinking and development it even encourages the audience to try out new things and go beyond their horizons.

In a way the Shizu arc already addresses this with Shizu as the negative example. Shizu, the entire way over, wanted nothing more than to return home, rejecting any change, including anything that might have made her feel like she's different from a human, which is also one of the reasons she was not compatible with Ifrit, as she kept using her Unique Skill to prevent herself from ever fully fusing with Ifrit and hence hindered any communication with him which only got worse when Ifrit ended up killing her friend Pirino and her pet Pizu. But Shizu's rejection of everything in this other world also caused her to be unable to obtain the power of returning home and also prevented her from going beyond the normal lifespan of a human, causing her to run out of time earlier than she wanted. Even in her dying moments she rejected addressing Rimuru by his monster name. So despite her being portrayed sympathetically on the surface, she was narratively harshly criticized to have taken the wrong path in contrast to Rimuru, who fully embraced his new life.
This is something many watchers don't even notice because of MUH "it's just a generic isekai, I don't need to use my brain" which is truly a shame.
Jul 12, 2021 8:55 PM
Aug 2018
Grey-Zone said:
I pity those whose sole factor of excitement are the "thrill of life and death battles" or "worrying that the MC might lose" despite having seen these kinds of things millions of times already.

The irony in this is that isekai took off in the first place because people got tired of morally restricted, reactive, status-quo-maintaining battle shounen MCs who were eternal "slaves of tension" and were doomed to forever be underdogs by ever more powercreeping antagonists who basically make any improvements of the MCs meaningless by always scaling above the MCs' power anyway which essentially resets the series to 0 whenever a new arc begins.

The appeal of isekai are MCs who are not restricted by the chains of tension and get to much more freely exercise their power, aren't forced to be paragons of justice and most importantly can be PROACTIVE.

And this narrative ability for the main character to be proactive is one of Slime's greatest strengths and of so-called "OP MCs" in general. Unlike weak MCs who are just tossed around and can only barely maintain their "peaceful status quo" trying to prevent any losses and "protect what's dear to them" due to their limited power, someone like Rimuru can go beyond that and actually proactively make GAINS and shape the story himself instead of just being "dragged around" by it.

It was Rimuru's decision to absorb Veldora together with the Infinite Prison instead of just leaving him there temporarily and searching for another solution in the next 100 years, and taking Veldora along was basically half the reason several of the first few arcs even happened in the first place.
It was Rimuru's decision to lead the Goblin village. After getting the village more or less in order, instead of going to Dwargon, he could have just told them what to do and go on his merry adventuring ways, he could have still semi-quit after returning from Dwargon though he already had a certain responsibility towards the 4 Dwarves so he'd no longer be able to completely ditch them at that point, but he could have still only made the village his resting point at least, but instead he fully stayed in the village.
It was Rimuru's decision to take over responsibilities for the kids, he had no obligation to this outsider called Shizu, but he took it on anyway.
It was Rimuru's decision to promise the Orc Disaster to take over his burden of taking care of the Orcs and to propose the Jura Forest Alliance.
It was Rimuru's decision to leave his nation behind to become a teacher for the 5 children instead of trying to negotiate to take them to Tempest instead.
etc.

The main character himself being the proactive driving force of the story is a rather uncommon sight. Rimuru is shaping the world and other forces are also shaping the world and their clashes can have many interesting twists and turns. Unlike other series, Rimuru himself represents an entire faction of its own with their own interests which leads to the kind of exciting developments you would not get if the MC was just someone passively "trying to maintain his current daily life". Due to this forward thinking and development it even encourages the audience to try out new things and go beyond their horizons.

In a way the Shizu arc already addresses this with Shizu as the negative example. Shizu, the entire way over, wanted nothing more than to return home, rejecting any change, including anything that might have made her feel like she's different from a human, which is also one of the reasons she was not compatible with Ifrit, as she kept using her Unique Skill to prevent herself from ever fully fusing with Ifrit and hence hindered any communication with him which only got worse when Ifrit ended up killing her friend Pirino and her pet Pizu. But Shizu's rejection of everything in this other world also caused her to be unable to obtain the power of returning home and also prevented her from going beyond the normal lifespan of a human, causing her to run out of time earlier than she wanted. Even in her dying moments she rejected addressing Rimuru by his monster name. So despite her being portrayed sympathetically on the surface, she was narratively harshly criticized to have taken the wrong path in contrast to Rimuru, who fully embraced his new life.
This is something many watchers don't even notice because of MUH "it's just a generic isekai, I don't need to use my brain" which is truly a shame.
this is really a good anime
Jul 12, 2021 9:41 PM

Jan 2021
I mean, it is a power fantasy, of course there’s going to be no tension. The show had potential, until it straight up revived one of its characters. If it can kill off Shizue, it can kill off any other character (except Veldora, he’s 2nd best). Literally most of the characters in the show have the depth of a puddle (from what I’ve seen), so I don’t feel any emotions when something bad happens to them (not that anything sad has happened). To me, it seems like a more wholesome and loose-ended Overlord. I won’t say it’s generic, but it’s definitely nothing new. Shows with no tension usually leave nothing to be desired.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jul 13, 2021 4:18 AM
Nov 2020
OVERLORD696969 said:
Supernova_405 said:
that was quite the useful info I needed
Tnx mate
Jul 13, 2021 5:45 AM

Apr 2015
Welcome to Overlord 2.0, where the MC is so powerful and absolute that even his servants are basically invencible and the episodes waste several minutes just to show you how unstopabble each one of them are. I almost cried with laughter when the narrator waste like 10 minutes just mentioning every new ability Rimuru gained, which he will probably never use since he just needs to swallow things like Kirby or spit out a Genki Dama or something to obliterate his enemies lol This season is the last chance I'll give to this.
Jul 13, 2021 6:38 AM

Mar 2021
ShadowUnown said:
Welcome to Overlord 2.0, where the MC is so powerful and absolute that even his servants are basically invencible and the episodes waste several minutes just to show you how unstopabble each one of them are. I almost cried with laughter when the narrator waste like 10 minutes just mentioning every new ability Rimuru gained, which he will probably never use since he just needs to swallow things like Kirby or spit out a Genki Dama or something to obliterate his enemies lol This season is the last chance I'll give to this.

hello, good evening/morning...

MC is so powerful----watch s2 part 1 ep 6 rimuru vs Hinata ...

his servants are basically invincible ---- did you watch slime s2 part 1 ep 5,6?

I almost cried with laughter when the narrator waste like 10 minutes just mentioning every new ability ---- wow 10 min? did you watch the director's uncut episode?

which he will probably never use since he just needs to swallow things like Kirby or spit out a Genki Dama or something to obliterate his enemies-- poor s2 part 1 ep 10 they showed me something else..using slime lazers

This season is the last chance I'll give to this.--- sayonara! just go and watch another anime

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Jul 13, 2021 10:35 AM

Mar 2014
Of course not, I mean there are other powerful characters out there that has yet to be introduced but at this point Rimuru is so powerful that he can resurrect the dead (as long the soul still lingers) it kinda gives me the feeling like why do they even bother have a fight
RedChromeJul 13, 2021 10:40 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2021

133 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 24, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2021

188 by Failure_No1 »»
Apr 23, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2021

167 by prasos »»
Apr 21, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2021

248 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2021

141 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.