Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, Sayu really shows her appreciation to Yoshida in this finale. Even her brother trusts Yoshida more than ever now.

A lot of teasing scenes as I had expected between the two. It kinda reminded me of the first episode when she an Yoshida first met. Oh and of course that signature smile of her although it seems more geninue in this finale than compared to the first episode. . It felt kinda anti climatic imo but it is what it is.
Jun 28, 2021 7:21 AM

Jul 2017
If anything, this is a very safe ending, but a good one nonetheless.

After Yoshida and Issa's Dogeza, now it's Sayu's turn to face the music with her mom, and it's the most excruciating of all between mother and daughter whose lives are wrecked, and then amended by coming to a consensus.

As expected, Sayu teases Yoshida until the very end is kinda cute to see..even towards her original goal of doing sexual favours, because why wouldn't she be. But the chad Yshida remains the same as he'd be, even gaining the trust of brother Issa for helping him find Sayu. The time to depart has come, and both Yoshida and Sayu have to go back to whence they belong...but the runaway journey will forever etched in the heart of the JK and adult in full character. Hopefully when Sayu grows up to be an adult, she'd chase after Yoshida, and with legit reasons of the year-long journey, and it's sad to see them apart from each other...though it won't be the last.

Yoshida's apartment certainly felt the same coldness from the very beginning now without Sayu, and feelings truly are hard to let go. Even if Gotou and Mishima still rival themselves over Yoshida, his heart only goes to one person: the girl at the lamppost waiting for him all grown up a bit...a symbolism to the very first episode.

This is easily leaps and bounds better than KoiKimo IMO, a dark romance show that is indeed dark, and getting wholesome through to the end. I can finally check this good adaptation off my checklist.
KANLen09Jun 28, 2021 9:00 AM
Jun 28, 2021 7:29 AM

Apr 2010
I really enjoyed this anime it was really good so it's nice to see a good ending as well.
The Yoshida needed to realise he was missing something.

Well you only miss her when she is gone, and Yoshida proved it.

Despite not saying he loved someone there was a clear winner the the winner was a bit obvious from the start.
Hopefully they will be happy together.
Jun 28, 2021 7:43 AM

Jul 2020
Interesting ending to say the least, find it kinda upside down for sayu to apologise like that but yeah. Cheeky little nod to the start of the anime after the end scene credits.

Anywho, yeah like I said I don't understand why she apologised and then why her mum decided to straight up say that she won't apologise because she did nothing wrong, like okay suurreee??????? And then her realising shes a single parent after 17 odd years is just the cherry on top, the entitlement that this woman gets through is crazy. Yeah, I know the facts with single parenthood and I've heard how hard it is raising a child by yourself, but from the get go she didn't raise sayu at all and then has the audacity to say nothing was wrong with her parenting and it took her 17 and a bit years to realise she was a single parent?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that completely threw me off, I guess it might've been a way to admit her mistakes whilst maintaining her pride but that was fairly out of tact. Get her mental health checked out or something, there's something seriously wrong with her thought patterns especially after last weeks episode.

Sayu snuggling up to yoshida was cute, albeit dodgy when she asked for yoshida to sleep with her in her house when her family is there - girl you freaky- but I assume she already knew the answer judging from how she reacted, just wanting to confirm her feelings for the later scene. Their talk was quite sweet, really driving home that parent child chemistry they had.

The airport bit was stupid IT'S FREE MONEY FROM A MILLIONAIRE TAKE IT AND GO! Jokes aside it was fairly sweet for him to basically put the money towards sayu's clothes and the whole talk with Issa was nice. Him asking whether yoshida had fallen for her was a sticky one indeed, he was in love with her but he hadn't fallen for her - loved her more in a familial way at that point I HOPE.

Sayu's confession was obvious but nice, getting her feelings out of the way and yoshida's slight pause was interesting, but him denying her by blaming his tastes then denying her based on his age when she grew up was quite good. They both could've been a bit more honest, and it was stupid for yoshida to say that she should put her memories of him aside, because he played such a pivotal role in her life.

Him coming home to realise how much he missed her was bittersweet, both of them moving onto better things but not being able to show each other, almost like sending your kid off to uni xD!

Gotou and Mishima still fighting over yoshida, with yoshida being clueless about their feelings is basically the status quo now (even if gotou confessed to him) and the true best character of the show coming back in was lovely to see (Hashimoto the wife having therapy giving co worker xD). BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO ASAMI? She went through some drastic changes over the years, and nice to see her following her actual dreams of writing instead of what her parents want her to do, and finally sayu returning ends the series off as it started, Can I stay at you house old man indeed.

On the whole, a darker story, but was executed okay, feel like a lot is missing to make it into something more cohesive, but what the heck I enjoyed it a lot. Happy they didn't Usagi Drop this, but leaving it open ended still allowed for the best girl debates to never end - clearly Asami btw, fight me if you disagree. Now let's see what my mondays are going to filled with from next week onwards!
LeviathanHWDJun 28, 2021 8:26 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jun 28, 2021 8:07 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like this is the end to this season or story I guess. I don't know. But, it was great nonetheless. I enjoyed it very much. Sayu finally managed to tell Yoshida her feelings and her love confession. Yoshida still a chad telling her he's not interested in young girls. LOL

In the end, Yoshida does miss her and the things without her at his place. He even shed a tear. Poor guy. Gotou and Mishima are still after Yoshida. LOL, And what's that? Sayu's back once again. Just don't go to jail once again Yoshida. Sayu has such a sweet smile. :3 I hope they'll be happy together after.

Pre_YumJun 28, 2021 8:14 AM
Jun 28, 2021 8:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The ending wasn't really bad at least since it's rather happy but to be honest I feel like this is just wasted potential... I think the story could have been interesting and good with settings like that but it got wasted because of a very weak writing especially for the characters and the second half of the story... too many things to say anyway but I don't want to argue xD
Jun 28, 2021 8:21 AM
Jun 2019
well, what can i say, i think it is the best thing to end it that way, so yeah i think this is really the end for the show. Agreed, someone above said this is the safe way to end it but not bad.

Some people might not like how this anime turned out to be, but for me as the source material reader (LN) i think it is good that they do it this way rather than they did a cliffhanger ending with no guarantee for next season.

Overall, good adaptation, i think i'm a minority on this but yeah whatever, the animation, the VA's, and how they executed it really meet my expectations as the source reader.
Jun 28, 2021 8:23 AM

Feb 2021
Ending was pretty underwhelming, felt like one single goodbye scene for around 19 of the minutes, but I doubted anything new or even interesting would happen anyway, at the rate it's been going. Don't take this as a negative review either - it just felt... Neutral. A decent ending to a decent anime that probably could have gone further, but is what it is.
Jun 28, 2021 8:24 AM
Mar 2021
Glad this is now over. Had a good start but it slowly went down from when Yoshida see Sayu more than just a kid (and keeps denying it till the end). Once a chad, now a simp. Should have go for Gotou but ig he has high school girl fetish. Sayu still never learn to appreciate herself more by offering her body to Yoshida lol. Anyone who say this anime is normal isn't normal.
Jun 28, 2021 8:25 AM

Oct 2019
So last ep end with them didn't date (yet), but still open for S2 possibility. I guess it's kinda safe for that route because their age difference isn't that much, unlike After the Rain or Daughter's Friend which screaming for jail. Lol

But ofc I ship Gotou, mature woman ftw.
andrearionaJun 28, 2021 8:37 AM
Jun 28, 2021 8:29 AM
Nov 2016
What with the teaser episode name at the end?
Jun 28, 2021 8:30 AM

Feb 2019
Wow, what a ride. Ending was a little anticlimactic, but in the end Sayu was able to confront her mother and move on from the past. I didn’t really like how she apologised to her mom, but I get it. That headpat from Yoshida meant more than sex ever could you Sayu. What a great guy. Overall really enjoyed this show, a lot of people didn’t give it a fair shot because of the title or rumours, but it really was a nice anime. Probably won’t get a season 2, since this was mainly made to promote the final LN volume that came out last month, but here’s to hoping.

I loved that farewell between Sayu and Yoshida. Sweet confession, but leaving the recipe book was the icing on the cake. It’s hard not to develop an emotional attachment to someone you’ve been so close with for so long.

Great call back to the first episode and their initial meeting with that closing scene, well done finale.
Marinate1016Jun 28, 2021 8:55 AM
Jun 28, 2021 8:31 AM

Oct 2017
Lol that end cracked me good, so it ends just like how it began and woa there are we getting an ova/special?

Aside that pretty allright finale. The farewell was okay but watching Yoshida being miserable at his house alone was pretty sad to see. Kinda hit hard for some reason. We got a timeskip too. Two years have already passed and getting to see a grown up Sayu was a big bonus.

Okay anime overall. I really liked this at the begining but it became quite boring around the middle and everything from Sayu's friend's flashback was meh. Still it was an okay watch and I really liked Yoshida's character, this guy's too good. So final score Yoshida/10.
Jun 28, 2021 8:32 AM
Jun 2020
Asami is the winner obviously! 😉
He blatantly rejected both Airi and Yuzuha's invitations only to just meet up with her...
Jun 28, 2021 8:35 AM
Dec 2020
heroin pikirannya ngentot mulu
Jun 28, 2021 8:35 AM

May 2020
Eh pretty anticlimactic ending, but I guess it's aight. I think that this initially had a lot of potential, but the second half of the anime felt like I was watching a telenovela or something...

Also, I just realized that they've never revealed Yoshida's first name lol.
Jun 28, 2021 8:36 AM
Apr 2021
When Issa said "I don't think age matters in love"
I was like, I don't about that, homie. That's kinda sus...

Jan 2021
Nice Yoshida, steady to the end. Sweet farewell with that confession

Nah, that last scene AAAA
We won't know who he will choose in the end...

Good start, I loved it, then I lost interest, I think it happens to me with a lot of seasonal ones lately .-.
This episode was very good 5.5/10

Apr 2014
As expected,. The ending scene with Yoshida met Sayu again at the same ol' electricity pole was something I expected to happen. The ending was pretty a good wrap-up with an open ending.

btw, the adaptation wasn't good as I expected it to be. It was too rushed and the studio cut a lot of important parts. I understood that the director wants to put all of the 5 volumes of the light novel into a 13episodes anime, which isn't enough. But it still felt too rush for me.
I would encourage to read the light novel from the start instead for completeness and a better perspective of the story.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 28, 2021 8:38 AM

Jan 2018
Asami is the best GIRL without no doubt. In the beginning, it was okay, then it became a letdown, especially the whole last episode. Overrated in MAL. 6/10
RE:ZERO !!!!!!!!!!
Jun 28, 2021 8:38 AM

Dec 2020
Is there new episode coming after?
In the end we saw "next time" title 🤔
Jun 28, 2021 8:39 AM
Sep 2020
Ending songs with the flashbacks hit me so hard..
Jun 28, 2021 8:41 AM

Jan 2012
Goodbyes and new beginnings as we end this overly long and underwhelming show. I hope Yoshida ends up with his boss with the big, beautiful tits. But if that ending is anything to go by probably not, oh well. I might be more upset if I cared at all, but really the biggest weakness of this series was how little I cared. The drama that was the crux was just not effective for me. Not to get too personal but I had a friend actually commit suicide in a somewhat similar manner when I was not THAT much older than Sayu, and still felt nothing during the reveal of her trauma. Nothing. That's....not good. Combine that with how I didn't care for how the series handled any of the other drama like the mom and the attempted rapist and it was just not great. Generous 6/10, I'll forget this existed soon enough.
Jun 28, 2021 8:41 AM

Jun 2012
So I guess she is already 18 in the last scene?
Jun 28, 2021 8:43 AM
Aug 2016
The ending was as i expected, even if it didn't give many details in the last part.. but i guess it isn't so hard to guess what happend then.
Jun 28, 2021 8:44 AM

Dec 2020
I had hope for a season 2 but this ending is good ,should i rather say it was a deep and emotional episode. Sayu and her smile that will never change haha.

I really enjoyed this anime.!
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 28, 2021 8:45 AM

Aug 2019
It's finally over! The shitty melodrama in this anime had me bored as shit.
3/10
Jun 28, 2021 8:49 AM
Feb 2021
Sayu is so horny that she can’t contain, Yoshida you could touch atleast..
Jun 28, 2021 8:50 AM

Jul 2020
the hell that was a very unclear ending. was this adapted completely? I guess not.
Jun 28, 2021 8:50 AM
Jun 2021
This is wholesome?? Eeww. Sayu inciting sex is acceptable??? Disgusting. This just shows that fan service is more important to viewers than the substance and context of the story.
Jun 28, 2021 8:53 AM

May 2021
HAHAHAHA did the animators give up at the end? what were those shitty dragged still shots lmaoooooo fuck so him being the next messiah wasn't an overblown shit, everyone wants his mediocre penis HAHAHHAHA what the fuck was this episode lmaoooo peice of garbage anime HAHAHAHAH COULDNT HELP BUT LAUGH GROOMINGHIRO

Jun 28, 2021 8:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, that was sort of touching honestly. Aside from the bed scene which just created more room for controversy xD, everything else played out fairly as expected.

"Yoshida taking care of Asami-chan now? Good riddance." - My first impression when Yoshida-san's friend teased that. Good to see that Gotou-san and Mishima-san aren't bailing out on the race but it seems like the conclusion seemed to suggest otherwise sadly. Definitely interested to check out the another story featuring the two, hopefully that gets an English translation and doesn't beat around the bush.

All in all, I was really interested with the start and even ended up binge-ing the released chapters of the time. But the hype surely dropped by the week and I'm left with an almost indifferent impression now. As such, a generous 6/10 I suppose.

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 28, 2021 8:55 AM

Aug 2013

Fuyukiw said:

He couldn't be more right though.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 28, 2021 8:56 AM
Feb 2020
I really enjoyed the first 11 episodes of this show, but the last two were such garbage that it ruined the rest of it for me. The MC is such a beta male that it's sickening to even watch. The mom is an alpha bitch that dominated both the MCs and they apologize to her is such bullshit. The ending of it was also garbage. This just feels like a giant waste of 13 weeks to me.
Jun 28, 2021 8:56 AM
May 2019
Fuyukiw said:

If we're talking purely about feelings, age doesn't matter. Now if we're talking actions, that's a different story.

And Sayu's brother was right, no matter how much Yoshida tried to deny it, or even may not have wanted it, he fell in love with teenaged-Sayu. Big whoop, no harm came to anyone because of it.
sabishiihitoJun 28, 2021 9:00 AM
Jun 28, 2021 8:59 AM

Dec 2015
That's finally over, at least it was until the end of the manga.
Jun 28, 2021 8:59 AM

Jun 2020
Didn’t like their development. It started so strong for me & I liked it but it seems to me the story took on a theme that they didn’t know what to do with. I guess my expectations were just too high. And the melodrama was really silly at times. Meh.......it feels like such a wasted opportunity. Guess it wasn’t for me. It wasn’t awful & it made me tear up quite a bit but I can’t help but feel underwhelmed — at both the series as whole & this last episode.

And that very ending that tried so hard to shove FULL CIRCLE!!!!!!down our throats. Yuck. That was really the final nail in the coffin for me lol

Well I guess, Yoshida did the right thing till the end. He’s the only reason I kept watching, tbh. If anything, Sayu was really getting on my nerves these last few episodes. And I hated that rooftop scene so much, she knew she wasn’t ready yet had to drag Yoshida all the way to her place of trauma to carry out some self-serving melodrama. But I digress.

Anyway I’ll miss the OP!!!! DIALOGUE+♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 28, 2021 9:01 AM

May 2020
So at the end he will probably still be with Sayu and the moral of the story is to groom JK girls to make them your future girlfriend ala Drake or Di Caprio? dont get it

𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘

Jun 28, 2021 9:02 AM

Feb 2020
Uh, not digging these romantic vibes between the two. I thought this episode would just show the aftermath where Sayu would (probably) go back to school, but we didn't even get much about that this episode. I don't even know about her mother's situation after all that; not satisfied with her response after Sayu's apology. All that buildup for some emotional teases and grooming... sigh.

Have mixed thoughts with this series. May have been nicer with a better conclusion and without the romance thrown throughout
Jun 28, 2021 9:03 AM
May 2019
lulio3000 said:
So at the end he will probably still be with Sayu and the moral of the story is to groom JK girls to make them your future girlfriend ala Drake or Di Caprio? dont get it

You really need to look up what grooming means because this ain't it.
Jun 28, 2021 9:03 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Well, I'm glad Yoshida was able to stick to his principles up until the end, even if there were so many moments where he could have submit. I was expecting him to drop the ball at any time such as when Sayu teased him in the bed at that one scene but he didn't and the ending was more wholesome than I expected as a result.

Gotta say, I'm not into this genre of drama novels to safely compare it to others but at least it kept me hooked even if involved a lot of questionable topics coming mainly by how each character reacted to each situation. There were some I related to while others I didn't at all. It's hard to say if I'd recommend it to anyone as the reception can be mixed regarding what's happening on screen. Nevertheless, it was good in my eyes.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 28, 2021 9:05 AM
Jun 2021
I really liked the ending, everything ended beautifully, but I felt sad when I found out that yoshida is now alone again, this anime is really ending, even though this is an open ending, I still feel sad, sayonara fellas.
Jun 28, 2021 9:12 AM

Mar 2017
YOSHIDA CHAD IS DEAD T-T
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Jun 28, 2021 9:13 AM
May 2018
Yoshida san, such an awesome and unique anime character.

BUT THAT ENDING IS NOT ENOUGH LRGSKEHEKHEJFBDMSNEBDBDNBE
Jun 28, 2021 9:14 AM
Feb 2021
Sweet ending and while is pretty obvious Yoshida and Sayu will end up together (2 years have passed and he was still single) I would love to ser some more closure. Maybe an OVA.
Jun 28, 2021 9:20 AM

May 2020
Anyone think we'll get a season 2?
Jun 28, 2021 9:20 AM
May 2016
I would have liked this show more if it had the balls to be what it really was, an adult male harem fantasy. So all that pretending to be a father figure was to appease the mom (and the audience) so he could get away with banging her when she turned 18. should have just slept with her in ep 1 then and not wasted our time. <_<
Jun 28, 2021 9:23 AM

Nov 2018
Well i dont want making some arguement specially that you making a bad comment specially the word "Trash or Overated" or else you want to be expecience just t
What happened im the news in Japan that a "A salemen caught on the police because he kept a teenage girl inside the house" and they post on the social media few weeks ago and the post the title "DONT TO BECOME HIREGIRO"...

anyways lets go back the story, i really love the kind of story. Its because the story was base on the reality specially the issue about run away teenage not in japan but all over the world that was the same problem. And thats why they want to show the anime due to not properly caring and love realtionship between the parents and their children that will lead to misunderstanding and tons of arguement that cause of separated between the parents and children..

And that was example for Sayu Problem that at the end both of her and mother already reconcile each other after she left her house and she travel from Hokaido to Tokyo until she stay to Yoshida's house for almost 6 month and she back to her home to resovle her problem and here it goes, case already close...😅😅😅

But in terms about there is an OVA episode, the truth would be a half lie and half truth
Jun 28, 2021 9:25 AM
May 2016
Emmuhzx said:
Anyone think we'll get a season 2?

No and for anyone else asking they animated the entire source material so that's it. It's over. He gets to deal with his damaged mental case for the rest of his life, do you really want to see 5 years later when she's fat and complaining the apartment is too small (and doesn't have a job because she has no skills or ambition) and he's cheating on her with the OL because they have nothing in common and he got bored with banging her after 6 months and is already sick of her soup? 9_9
Jun 28, 2021 9:26 AM

Jul 2011
Was a good ending.

Dodging the "dating a minor" bullet at the end.

Now what?A spin-off with Sayu and Asami (Who looks like very close to Yoshida) will have a fight to show dominance?
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

155 by mushi_Jyou »»
Mar 30, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

185 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Mar 12, 8:09 PM

» Season 2?

Koukyoukyoku - Jan 8

22 by cjozam »»
Jan 17, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

212 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 14, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2021

175 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 9, 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.