Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 22, 2021 10:01 AM

Apr 2021
It occurs to me that Dobu didn't necessarily miscount the shots, after all we didn't see who shot at him at the wharf.
Jun 22, 2021 11:25 AM
May 2021
Yano stopped rhyming made me gasp! XD

So excited for the finale!!! And the smol kid Odokawa in the next episode's preview made me sad somehow :'(
Jun 22, 2021 11:29 AM
May 2021
off-season said:
It occurs to me that Dobu didn't necessarily miscount the shots, after all we didn't see who shot at him at the wharf.

Fair point. It's either a camera trick for the audience back in the wharf where Dobu gets shot or simply a blatant miscalculation on Dobu's part. Although Odokawa luring the gacha addict to be his personal "Russian Roulette" is a big gamble to him as well. If the gun's legit out of rounds, then his plan to ditch Dobu at the final moment will fall apart horribly. He won't be able to secure Imai's money too.
Jun 22, 2021 12:27 PM

Jul 2019
Yano speaking normally feels weird haha. Also Dobu being ditch-11... wth.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Jun 22, 2021 2:01 PM

Jun 2008
for your viewing pleasure

Jun 22, 2021 3:34 PM
Mar 2009
Satyr_icon said:
davids0512 said:

I don't think he barely remembered. He knew, but he realized what was happening and didn't want to set Tanaka off so he lied.

Maybe, but the way the story portrays both the game and Dobu makes it so that him being the top player feels like a stretch. Tanaka spent the equivalent to $45k over 4 years and was still nowhere near the top; that shows that the game requires an insane amount of dedication and money to be at least decent at it. ditch-11 was the unwavering #1 player in the world for 4 years. I really can't imagine a character like Dobu spending millions and millions of yens on a mobile game and playing religiously for 4 years straight.

Also, Dobu says "I've played Zooden. I haven't played it so long that I've forgotten". He might still be lying, but if it's true, there's no way he could've still kept the #1 place. It's also weird that he would lie since he was so sure at first that the gun was empty. He had no reason to be so on the deffensive with Tanaka.

Frankly, I feel like they thought shoving it aside as a coincidence would be pushing our suspension of disbelief too far, but for me that would've worked better. The weirdest thing is that, if Dobu is saying the truth, he wasn't the original ditch-11 that conned Tanaka, which would've made a lot of sense, but instead they made him the Zooden ditch-11. I really can't understand this writing decision, I'm still baffled. So many things aren't adding up here...

I wonder if Zooden (and the eraser auction) were intended as money laundering schemes, and both times Tanaka inadvertently got caught up in them by taking them more seriously than the Yakuza intended.
Jun 22, 2021 10:01 PM

Apr 2021
Dobu being #1 in that game would have been a thing long past, right? The reason he became a criminal might be from the debts he raked up playing that game when he was younger.
Jun 22, 2021 10:19 PM
Aug 2020
Tanaka did what that Hippo guy couldn't do in less than a full episode. He really speed running villain arc.
Jun 23, 2021 2:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Watched this episode today, and man, its surely as fire as i thought before.

Another full opening started. The Odd Taxi plan run according to Dobu's wish. Still, Odokawa always had the backup plan to counter Dobu's fun. He finally used the tracking device to those black car, which allowed them into a face-to-face confrontation with the Revolutionary Tanaka. Another used of those eraser, actually served to took down Dobu, finally, and for good. Tanaka easily averting his gaze toward the baboon, because of the past shit he got, and, bam, unexpected bullet passed through Dobu's body. End of the baboon story?

When Tanaka run away, and Odokawa did the last thing to do before escaping him ass off too. But, i know its not over yet. Panicked no-rap Yano and his huge assistant beat the poor Big Daimon easily and chasing the damn taxi driver as soon as possible with Daimon police car. That's fast! Its surely not good at all, and expect some good action in the finale. Holy shit!

Happy New Year, Odokawa? So, Odd Taxi actually been pretty solid since the previous year, eh? Damn, once again, i must say this again; better late than never, right? Full casts appearance on the finale to conclude everything. Hoping to see some more great twist. Lets go!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 23, 2021 3:56 AM
Mar 2009
off-season said:
Dobu being #1 in that game would have been a thing long past, right? The reason he became a criminal might be from the debts he raked up playing that game when he was younger.

Dobu is 39, so it's highly likely he was yakuza during the eraser auction let alone when he got his Zooden high score.
Jun 23, 2021 1:30 PM

Apr 2018
Damn what a plan Odokawa had and it worked out really since Dobu was really Ditch-11. The Daimon brothers were connected to Dobu which kinda makes sense but it breaks my heart seeing them at the end with each other.
Jun 23, 2021 6:45 PM
Apr 2021
badabass said:
Watched this episode today, and man, its surely as fire as i thought before.

Another full opening started. The Odd Taxi plan run according to Dobu's wish. Still, Odokawa always had the backup plan to counter Dobu's fun. He finally used the tracking device to those black car, which allowed them into a face-to-face confrontation with the Revolutionary Tanaka. Another used of those eraser, actually served to took down Dobu, finally, and for good. Tanaka easily averting his gaze toward the baboon, because of the past shit he got, and, bam, unexpected bullet passed through Dobu's body. End of the baboon story?

When Tanaka run away, and Odokawa did the last thing to do before escaping him ass off too. But, i know its not over yet. Panicked no-rap Yano and his huge assistant beat the poor Big Daimon easily and chasing the damn taxi driver as soon as possible with Daimon police car. That's fast! Its surely not good at all, and expect some good action in the finale. Holy shit!

Happy New Year, Odokawa? So, Odd Taxi actually been pretty solid since the previous year, eh? Damn, once again, i must say this again; better late than never, right? Full casts appearance on the finale to conclude everything. Hoping to see some more great twist. Lets go!

Actually, the trailers hint at the New Year that is to come, they kind of serve as a flashforward/epilogue. The extended trailers on the official website/youtube drop a few more hints at this than the short versions at the end of the episode.
Jun 24, 2021 12:08 AM
Jul 2018
Satyr_icon said:
davids0512 said:

I don't think he barely remembered. He knew, but he realized what was happening and didn't want to set Tanaka off so he lied.

Maybe, but the way the story portrays both the game and Dobu makes it so that him being the top player feels like a stretch. Tanaka spent the equivalent to $45k over 4 years and was still nowhere near the top; that shows that the game requires an insane amount of dedication and money to be at least decent at it. ditch-11 was the unwavering #1 player in the world for 4 years. I really can't imagine a character like Dobu spending millions and millions of yens on a mobile game and playing religiously for 4 years straight.

Also, Dobu says "I've played Zooden. I haven't played it so long that I've forgotten". He might still be lying, but if it's true, there's no way he could've still kept the #1 place. It's also weird that he would lie since he was so sure at first that the gun was empty. He had no reason to be so on the deffensive with Tanaka.

Frankly, I feel like they thought shoving it aside as a coincidence would be pushing our suspension of disbelief too far, but for me that would've worked better. The weirdest thing is that, if Dobu is saying the truth, he wasn't the original ditch-11 that conned Tanaka, which would've made a lot of sense, but instead they made him the Zooden ditch-11. I really can't understand this writing decision, I'm still baffled. So many things aren't adding up here...

You're absolutely right. It seems a stretch. Plus the way Odokawa in a very muffled voice said , ``It's him.`` that's rather odd. As if Odokawa was talking about someone else.
Jun 24, 2021 5:29 PM
Dec 2020
oh man I can't wait for the next ep. All the exploding character's connected is crazy and its just that goood.
Jun 25, 2021 1:57 AM

Oct 2008
EXELLENTE episodo! so many events happened! nuff said!
Dobu is indeed very sly, tenacious, tricky, intelligent and prepared!, but things that happened this episode is definitely not plot armor! As i've said no matter how prepared you are, ANYTHING could go wrong!
5/5.

Jul 1, 2021 8:59 AM

May 2020
Someone else on this thread mentioned that the good writing in this show is what makes it hard to let go of minor flaws.

For one, Yano has been on the same wavelength as Dobu since his first appearance and is shown to be intelligent. I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have checked the cases for counterfeit bills, especially since he had to know that Dobu would run interference. Also how did he not recognize Daimon ? Wouldn't you know the cop that's on your enemy's payroll, especially since said cop could be a threat to you ?

Also like other people mentioned, its also kind of a stretch that Dobu was the Number One player on a mobile game for years. I 100% believe Dobu would scam someone on an online auction but investing time and money into a game ? Nah, not unless there was some way he was making money off of Zooden. But there is a chance for it to be someone other than Dobu, especially since Odakawa just said "It's him".
Jul 5, 2021 1:43 AM

Jun 2013
All I can say is fucking Tanaka man. He spent millions of yen on that stupid animal gacha game and he's still out here seeking revenge on a taxi driver that made him lose his prized virtual dodo. I'm surprised he still has bullets left or perhaps he bought some in the black market. Tanaka's seiyuu really captures the madness in his voice, the animation in his soulless eyes was also perfect.

Ngl, he's probably my favorite character in this entire series. He's so fucking crazy. The way he's so obsessed with what happened to him as a child and how it consumed his mind and entire being as an adult just baffles me and his persistence and unwavering insanity throughout this entire series was so fascinating to watch.

I was watching Tokyo Revengers and yes that series is pretty awesome with its time leaps and stuff, this series is WAY better but unfortunately so underrated.
臭い-
Jul 10, 2021 8:33 AM
May 2020
bro this is leeng!
Jul 10, 2021 2:16 PM

Aug 2018
This is the best anime of this year Hand down
8 out of 10
Jul 16, 2021 7:12 AM

Mar 2015
Shit's hitting the fan in this penultimate episode, really looking forward to the finale!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 21, 2021 2:25 PM
Nov 2018
Bro everything is connected, odokawa has to be working for boss, there’s no fucking way he’s clean. Everything is a Chekhov’s object lol
Jul 26, 2021 3:37 PM

Aug 2018
WHAT A GREAT CHAPTER!!!
Dobu's plan went as planned, but it got complicated (everything is connected by him!!!), and now Odokawa will have to get rid of it.
PS: "Yano stopped rhyming" jajajaja
Jul 27, 2021 1:08 AM

Aug 2020
HOLY SHIT! That eraser being in Odokawa's pocket and Dobu being that player has made that dude go crazy. The money heist was also so good. Now, Yano is following Odokawa.
Jul 29, 2021 5:12 AM
Jan 2021
This episode is intense dobu is ditch 11 that's wild the storyline is connected to each other like that eraser and odakawa's plan is masterpiece he remind me of lelouch and Light
Aug 26, 2021 5:10 AM
Oct 2019
Holy Shit this episode was so intense with Tanaka, Odokawa and Dobu Scene.
I'm screaming as soon as the Donraku Eraser drop.
Tanaka Seiyuu really did a great job potrayed his madness.

Odokawa look at the profile picture and said it's him and his eye looking to Dobu, shit so it's really him.
But is it that simple? Hmmm...

Daimon brother scene was actually really sad, so we found by out about the duck charm meaning.
For kids orpahned by traffic accident, just like Odokawa.
It could be Odokawa the one who killed Daimon Brother parents.

It's gonna be a big plot twist for the Finale!!!
I can feel it already.
davidyodo24Aug 26, 2021 7:54 AM
Aug 27, 2021 3:27 AM

Mar 2021
yano loses his rhymes nooooooooooooooooo
Aug 29, 2021 11:10 AM

Feb 2018
This episode was so good, from Tanaka with Dobu and Odo park scene. So Dobu was ditch-11? lmao. Also the Daimon brothers..darn ;')
Sep 8, 2021 8:32 PM
Jun 2013
Final predictions: I think that the big boss has been the one supporting the mc. I knew it wasn't that kid who shot Dobu at the warehouse because the shooter disappeared so quickly; Dobu mentioned that it had to be a professional so I have to conclude it was also the boss, but that doesn't make sense because why would he shoot his subordinate? I suspect the idol girl was killed by the manager because he was fanatical about the lead singer and when the idea came to replace her with the black cat girl, he would have had a problem with that, too. I think the manager killed her and pretended to stumble upon her.

This anime has been great so far, but there is a lot to resolve in only more episode. With the Monkey get back in the story and find a girl who likes him (maybe the bartender)? We still need an explanation on Odakawa's medical and family history and who was he talking to (that's what I'm most interested in).
Sep 13, 2021 4:26 PM

Jul 2015
I'm surprised Dobu is ditch-11, in a way karma for scamming 100,00 yen out of Tanaka although its still 100% Tanaka's own fault for his life being a misery. I wonder how they gonna tie up the story with some stuff still unanswered.

Sep 16, 2021 1:58 PM

Jul 2016
You know you succeeded when you make Yano stop rhyming. Dude sure lost all his cool there.

4/5 episode. It could have been another 5/5 one but I was never a fan of Tanaka and the many plot conveniences surrounding his character. The moment the Daimon brothers had was quite moving tho.
Oct 17, 2021 4:53 PM

Apr 2020
wait, so Ditch-11 is Dobu?
Nov 21, 2021 9:06 AM
Nov 2020
In most animes, the crazy ones always laugh like psychos after killing someone for the first time. But Tanaka, his reaction is really unique. And shows how he finally realized what he did.
Feb 14, 2022 12:35 PM

Jan 2009
Ditch-11 is Dobu all along lol

now only Yano is left to be caught by the police
Apr 7, 2022 7:49 AM

Apr 2016
The only remotely good thing in this episode was the cop with glasses finally "confronting" his brother the rest is just the usual boring what a coincidence.
May 14, 2022 11:07 PM

Feb 2021
Welp, little Daimon finally confronted his brother. He has a heart to heart with him.

Odokawa placed the tracker in Dobu's car. This basically leads Tanaka to them and Dobu getting shot. I wonder if he's actually dead. And what will happen with Tanaka?

Seems like Imai will get 900 mill. instead of the full money. But hey it's better than nothing. Doesn't look like those bank employees are gonna get a cut lol

Kinda worried about the comedy performance of the Homosapiens.

Odokawa and Yano chase sequence in next episode?

Sep 28, 2022 9:55 AM
Jan 2022
absolutley sublime innit
Oct 2, 2022 5:23 PM
May 2022
Incredible episode overall that allows for an excellent ending.
Oct 23, 2022 4:47 PM
Jun 2015
Everything went according to plan…until the end! Don’t got shot AND turned out to be ditch-11!! He really got what he deserved. Now Odokawa has to outrun the bad guys. Wonder how the show will end
Jan 8, 2023 7:25 PM

Aug 2017
What a wild turn of events.

Dobu is revealed to be Ditch-11.

Ape shit crazy Tanaka shot him out of spite. That was very satisfying to watch. He finally found the man that made his life hell for the 16+ years.

Dobu done fucked up and he deserves to suffer.

Yano and his goon finds Odokawa.
Odokawa quickly drives away from the scene and full throttles as he gets chased by a crazy rapper with issues.

Jul 7, 2023 2:53 AM

Jul 2014
As usual everything connects to the other with Dobu being the guy who scammed that eraser from him and Daimon supporting Dobu because his boss helped him
Jul 11, 2023 8:03 PM

Mar 2023
I've actually finished the whole show, and I've got to say that it's very well-written, it doesn't treat us like we're stupid, and I ultimately liked it. I'm coming back to Episode 12 to voice one complaint though, and I don't feel it's a nitpick. Basically, I think it's a bit uncharacteristic of Dobu to be ditch-11. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to be addicted to games. It just felt like a last ditch (no pun intended, woah) effort to make all the characters in the story connected. 

Although, now that I think about it, it explains why the alpaca had the eraser in the first place. 

But Dobu must be a really good actor because he seemed genuinely confused when the cat accused him of being ditch-11, and he didn't really react to the walrus having the eraser. (Sorry, I don't remember any of the animals names lol.)

I don't know who else ditch-11 could've been, besides maybe the rapper... but a part of me had hoped it would be someone else. And I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, I've seen others call it uncharacteristic too. (Reddit and YT comment sections.)

Not that Dobu being ditch-11 detracts from the show or affects my rating. 
Oct 15, 2023 9:56 PM

Mar 2012
I wonder if the car chase will lead to Odokawa crashing in the water and cause him to regain his memory of the car crash that took his parents life. PTSD inbound.
Feb 24, 10:46 PM

Jan 2022
I did a little hiatus bc I didn't want this to end. But that was a mistake bc I forgot what was going on.

He really told Yano he wasn't rhyming lmaooo amazing how he was able to remain calm too.

I guess the younger brother also had his own issues he wanted to deal with.

I cannot believe Dobu was shot like that and Odokawa just left him there. Crazy!!!!

AND DOBU WAS DITCH-11????
This never updates so that's cool
Mar 23, 2:59 PM
Dec 2023
oh well guess we'll never see that funni cat guy ever again
Apr 17, 6:03 AM

Jun 2021
Dobu realizing Odokawa can tell people apart was an underrated moment and unintentionally funny
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2021

389 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2021

98 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 31, 2021

86 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 24, 2021

87 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 3, 2021

90 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 3:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.