Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 7, 2021 12:16 AM

Jun 2021
You might be a psychopath or something if you root for Kira because of his actions. What are your views about it?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 7, 2021 12:32 AM

Jan 2021
I've personally always root for L ever since Kira killed Misora Naomi.
Jun 7, 2021 12:34 AM
Mar 2021
Yess , I actually despise him
Jun 7, 2021 12:38 AM

Oct 2018
Because this world is rotten, and those who are making it rot deserve to die lmfao.

Jun 7, 2021 12:38 AM
Jan 2021
Those are mostly edgy 16 year olds, that's why.
Jun 7, 2021 12:41 AM
Jul 2018
I always rooted for L but it looks like there are some people who root for Kira just because it appears to be more «likeable» in terms of body and intelligence.
Nevertheless, I guess L is even more intelligent than Kira because we should keep in mind how he needed to sacrifice Misa Shinigami just to kill L
Jun 7, 2021 12:45 AM

Jun 2016
I assume it's because he kills rapists and shit.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 7, 2021 12:47 AM
Dec 2020
The show revolves around Kira and always shows what he is thinking, so of course the viewer will like him more.
Jun 7, 2021 12:47 AM
Jul 2020
I root for him because he is handsome
Jun 7, 2021 12:49 AM

Jun 2021
RebelPandaSFan said:

I'm not talking about liking the character. but actually, people who think that his actions were morally justified.
Jun 7, 2021 12:58 AM

Jan 2009
authoritarians and extremists like death penalty fans love him
Jun 7, 2021 1:08 AM
Jul 2020
_GinpachiSensei_ said:
RebelPandaSFan said:

I'm not talking about liking the character. but actually, people who think that his actions were morally justified.

Same reason,
As long as he is handsome anything he does is morally justified
Jun 7, 2021 1:09 AM

Apr 2020
You dont have to be a Psychopath for this.

What he did wasn't wrong, his goals and action are actually good for the World and no one can deny it. Its of course not right what he did in the view of Justice, but if a person has to make his hands dirty for a bigger Good, then its worth it.

BUT light lost his goals after half of the show and got corrupted, he wasn't someone who wanted to bring balance. He became what he wanted to destroy in the first place. Or.. did he became something what he actually was all the time and stopped finding excuses for his acting? Who knows?
Jun 7, 2021 1:16 AM

Feb 2020
I don't root for him because he killed people other than murderers and rapists.
Jun 7, 2021 1:24 AM
Jun 2021
I root for Kira.Light said in first episode that he is willing to throw his humanity in order to make his plan work.What we saw in this show is him throwing his humanity and using his brain to become a “God of a new world”.Crime dropped drastically and people were afraid of him.World is a better place and only thing he did was throwing his morals.Heroic in wierd and generic way if you ask me.Innocent people died but that is more real then classical shounen where character turns villains good and makes everybody in his friend...
Jun 7, 2021 1:28 AM
May 2021
I don't root for Kira but I root for Light Yagami. I think of them as two different people. Light is the one before he got the notebook and when his memory of being Kira was erased.
Jun 7, 2021 1:46 AM

Jul 2020
DrPirahna said:
I root for Kira.Light said in first episode that he is willing to throw his humanity in order to make his plan work.What we saw in this show is him throwing his humanity and using his brain to become a “God of a new world”.Crime dropped drastically and people were afraid of him.World is a better place and only thing he did was throwing his morals.Heroic in wierd and generic way if you ask me.Innocent people died but that is more real then classical shounen where character turns villains good and makes everybody in his friend...

You clearly weren't paying attention in the second half.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 7, 2021 1:48 AM

Nov 2020
I still hate how L died. It is so unfair. 9.5/10
Jun 7, 2021 1:52 AM

Jun 2021
DrPirahna said:

Light only killed Criminals who were broadcasted on TV, what about the criminals who never got caught? and there are millions of other crimes like corruption, race, and gender problems, what about those? The world never became a good place. In the end ignorant mass win.
Jun 7, 2021 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
I do not root for him but I do like him as a character.
Jun 7, 2021 1:58 AM
Jun 2021
_GinpachiSensei_ said:
DrPirahna said:

Light only killed Criminals who were broadcasted on TV, what about the criminals who never got caught? and there are millions of other crimes like corruption, race, and gender problems, what about those? The world never became a good place. In the end ignorant mass wins.
Light was in police he had a list and watch show they even said Kira killed sometimes even suspects and people on run,people who even do secret corruption probably got scared enough to be more cautious and less greedy.I would be scared to steal candy from baby if I live in world where every criminal gets killed.Criminal rates dropped and they said it in anime,even economy was influenced in better way in course of 4 years.He was a psycho in the end because he couldn’t carry the burden and lost his way in the end but whole L arc I was rooting for Light to kill him.
DrPirahnaJun 7, 2021 2:01 AM
Jun 7, 2021 2:00 AM
Jun 2021
Scordolo said:
DrPirahna said:

You clearly weren't paying attention in the second half.
Oh I mean I rooted for him in L arc.N arc was weird and he lost his ways cause he couldn’t carry a burden he made for himself.
Jun 7, 2021 2:03 AM

Mar 2021
I honestly don’t know. I personally despise him. However, most of my friends like him either because they believe he is attractive, or because they admire his intelligence.
Jun 7, 2021 2:12 AM
Jun 2020
DrPirahna said:
You missed the point i think. Kira didn’t make the world better by killing some criminals. Sure in the beginning he killed only serious criminals but no one knew when he would decideto kill people who commotted lesser crimes. Should they die also? In the end everyone was afraid of Kira not just the criminals. Would you want to live in this “better” world?
Jun 7, 2021 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
His idea of getting rid of criminals could be justified as moral, if you see something such as the death penalty moral than I suppose his actions would also be moral. Sadly he spirals from wanting to make the world “clean” to wanting to be a god. IMO it’s pretty easy to route for him at the beginning but very quickly you realise ‘o damn this boy a little bit crazy’
Jun 7, 2021 2:15 AM
Jan 2021
Because everyone who had this power would be corrupted by it. You definitely would turn to someone despicable, if you could kill anyone that bothers you, it’s the beauty of seeing light with good intentions getting corrupted by this power. All in all I can’t hate him, cause I know everyone with this ability would turn to a demon in the end, including you and me.
Jun 7, 2021 2:18 AM
Jun 2021
sallaipeter2004 said:
DrPirahna said:
You missed the point i think. Kira didn’t make the world better by killing some criminals. Sure in the beginning he killed only serious criminals but no one knew when he would decideto kill people who commotted lesser crimes. Should they die also? In the end everyone was afraid of Kira not just the criminals. Would you want to live in this “better” world?
Why would I be afraid if I did nothing.If i did something living in fear of being killed is a punishment for me,and if that thing is big enough then I deserve to die.World is overpopulated no place for scum,criminals and corruption.Less people more money,less criminals=safer world for kids to live in.Simple idea,he lost his track in the end but i rooted for him in first 30 episodes.
Jun 7, 2021 2:31 AM

Jul 2017
I rooted for L
Reason in episode 2 when Kira decided kill L who was just taunting him and thus breaking is own rule of killing only criminals (the TV scene where L provokes Kira with linde l tailor?)
AkitokamisenJun 7, 2021 10:28 AM
Jun 7, 2021 2:33 AM

Feb 2015
because if villain bad why hot
Jun 7, 2021 2:39 AM
Jun 2020
DrPirahna said:
sallaipeter2004 said:
Why would I be afraid if I did nothing.If i did something living in fear of being killed is a punishment for me,and if that thing is big enough then I deserve to die.World is overpopulated no place for scum,criminals and corruption.Less people more money,less criminals=safer world for kids to live in.Simple idea,he lost his track in the end but i rooted for him in first 30 episodes.
I totaly understand that you want to punish killers and rapists. But you can also commit a crime by mistake. And what hapens when you are falsely accused and then get in the record where finds you. And do you really think that everyone who commits something should be sentenced to death?
Jun 7, 2021 2:44 AM
Jul 2018
In anime : i liked both Kira and L
In real life : Kira's actions of killing bad peeps is kinda good in my eyes ( i know he killed some innocent peeps, like those FBI dudes and dat girl who was a lil bit cautious however it was important for the greater good to sacrifice them ) wether you call me psychopathic or death penalty supporter imma goona still support his actions even if i was sad when he killed L
Jun 7, 2021 2:52 AM
Jun 2021
sallaipeter2004 said:
DrPirahna said:
I totaly understand that you want to punish killers and rapists. But you can also commit a crime by mistake. And what hapens when you are falsely accused and then get in the record where finds you. And do you really think that everyone who commits something should be sentenced to death?
No I personally don’t my father was in jail.People getting killed by Kira I guess justice system changed it ways of accusations and we don’t know rules that light followed if he even followed some rules.But i liked idea of Light and wanted to see ending of it.His goals interested me,and if living in world safer for my kids or any other kid means death of my father or falsely accused person as a collateral damage I would gladly accept the deal.
Jun 7, 2021 3:00 AM
Jan 2021
_GinpachiSensei_ said:
You might be a psychopath or something if you root for Kira because of his actions. What are your views about it?
I used to not root to either L or kira but ever since they introduced near I hated his character which made light a lot more appealing, not his actions but I definitely thought that near winning vs light is a bunch of bullshit
Jun 7, 2021 3:18 AM
Mar 2021
I liked L a lot but I've always rooted for Kira. It was my first anime and firstly, kira was the protagonist and almost all the shows I've watched before this has protagonist who are good but Kira was unique that's why I liked him. Other than that, I can say I've loved characters who don't hesitate to kill. I'm an atheist so morals doesn't matter to me. Everyone is free to do what they want even if it's against the law or against morals.
Jun 7, 2021 3:24 AM
Oct 2020
_GinpachiSensei_ said:

Watch Film theory video about death note and you will understand https://youtu.be/WUtsg8AlNxY
Jun 7, 2021 3:28 AM
May 2021
Because some people see Kira as a way to get all the bad people off of the earth. And because they lead their lives without doing or causing harm to others they have no reason to fear him.
Jun 7, 2021 3:51 AM
May 2021
cause they r stupids 🤥
Jun 7, 2021 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
I root for him cuz he’s cool, don’t agree with his actions but he’s a great anti-hero.
Jun 7, 2021 4:04 AM

Sep 2020
I'll honestly take light instead of L, Yeah you know,i'm childish,but he's the most well-written anti-hero or villain with childish ideology ever made,he's relate to teenage at age 14-17 do that's why teenagers love death note and kira, especially it's tagged shounen,His ideology and character is excuted perfectly

Now i ask.

Why Kira Yoshikage Loved so much and said he's the best villain even better than hisoka or on par with johan liebert?

Why DIO have 12.000 favs higher than yoshikage while he's a generic villain?
ishowhatredJun 7, 2021 4:10 AM
Jun 7, 2021 4:09 AM

May 2021
He is a great character, but his thought process is too convoluted, too much inconsistency and delusions, in my opinion. I never found any justification to support him, even without ethics taken into an account. So, I was always on L's side + I liked L more, from every perspective.
Jun 7, 2021 4:33 AM
Jan 2021
I like light because hes a great villain that does a kind of a good thing to the extreme. He took the oportunity to kill everyone that did something bad. Dude killed 125000 people lmao. I liked L too but when he comes with shit like: well there is something like a notebook that kills ppl (not in his words), i kinda lose interest. Yeah sure, Light is doing some fucked up shit, but he was better as a villain than L was as a "hero" so to speak, at least in my oppinion.
Jun 7, 2021 4:57 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Not saying his morality is justified but he actually gets the job done vs most of society's slow-running, biased and overall flawed justice system.
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Jun 7, 2021 5:06 AM

Apr 2021
I don't support his ideologies but i like him as a charecter.
Jun 7, 2021 5:07 AM

Jun 2008
Kira views the world without nuance. He believes he alone can fix all the problems. I think it's easy to trick yourself into going "hey that's not bad" but there's a ton of nuance. The whole point of the Kids character is that because he believes he should be god that he needs to stop everything and everyone that may stop him from making the world his ideal world.

I think if you like at Death Note very superficially it may be easy to trick yourself into rooting for Kira. But at any level beyond that (i.e. giving the show's themes some level of thought) he comes to be very apparent as a despicable human being who is worse than the rapists and murderers he is seeking to eliminate.

That said he is a fantastic character and truly part of the anime & manga canon.
Jun 7, 2021 5:18 AM

Jan 2021
Because he has some prime edge. Also Death Note isn't nearly as smart as it thinks it is.

Jokes aside, plenty of people think capital punishment is a good idea and they often tend to overlap with people who think the justice system is too slow or too lenient and you need someone to "get the job done". There's a reason why cops idolise Dirty Harry or The Punisher.
Charisma is another factor.
Jun 7, 2021 5:32 AM
Sep 2015
Lisstaa said:
I've personally always root for L ever since Kira killed Misora Naomi.

Exactly! It was so sad and in this moment Light showed to be an evil mtfckr.
Jun 7, 2021 5:37 AM

Apr 2012
Because he is the ideal of edgy children's dreams. They don't realize that the character was actually meant to be a critique of the Nietzschean ideal.
Jun 7, 2021 5:40 AM
Jan 2021
I mean for the same reason people root for eren. They’re edgelords
Jun 7, 2021 6:21 AM

Apr 2021
Because most people like things that society considers Evil also He is damn cool
Jun 7, 2021 6:48 AM
Sep 2020
The people in the anime knew he wanted to kill all BAD people+ he had big power so of course they were scared. I personally was 9 when i watched it so i just knew he's the good guy because he's protagonist
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why didn't Light just write in the notebook 'Touta Matsuda dies after killing L at a specific day x and time y' Or something like that

CaptainKing_2009 - Jul 4, 2023

6 by InqMusic »»
Yesterday, 3:30 AM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

29 by YahiyaX777L »»
May 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

394 by pakinho »»
May 6, 7:16 AM

» Imagine a world without Death Note

ZeroMajor12 - May 6

0 by ZeroMajor12 »»
May 6, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

128 by puffle9000 »»
May 3, 1:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.