Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 22, 2021 5:39 PM

Oct 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damnnnn, how am Iiii the first one to be commenting on this great of an episode, that shit was ruthless and deep and now Toru is in the gattlin gun range with crazy akito and a knife!

I cannot wait for episode 9 this has been fantastic so far!

Rest of the season was a bit slow until now but these last few eps have been building up to something incredible it seems

P.S - dub watchers for the win for like the only time ever lol - we got it early due to a funimation mess up releasing it early! - and while some will wait to watch, I gotta say, I've seen em both and I think the VAs do good in both the sub and the dub,
GodOfWolvesMay 23, 2021 3:48 AM
May 22, 2021 9:22 PM

Oct 2017

anime_laaa said:
I'm hating Akito even more. She's a user and abuser. After all the things that Kureno did for her? He basically lived with her for maybe more than half of his life.

Ending was a great cliffhanger. After all the rage I had with Akito due to the last few scenes, there was the scene with Kyo and Tohru. Excited and nervous at the same time for the next episode.

Yeah that was just an all around epic episode - but im olso hating akito more, i was starting to like her devlopment, but then she went totally batshit these last two episodes - on some level there is reasoning, on others shes just a bitch blaming anyone but herself like the cat himself was doing, and thats probs why she hates the cat so much to, they're kinda alike in that way, - idk though maybe im just totally guessing at it here lmao

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
anime-primeMay 23, 2021 3:40 AM
May 22, 2021 10:05 PM
Apr 2019
Damn this episode was so epic, the pacing of the story, the perfect animation and the rollercoster emotion, 10/10, waiting for sub version ❤️
May 23, 2021 12:04 AM
Jan 2017
anime_laaa said:
I'm hating Akito even more. She's a user and abuser. After all the things that Kureno did for her? He basically lived with her for maybe more than half of his life.

Ending was a great cliffhanger. After all the rage I had with Akito due to the last few scenes, there was the scene with Kyo and Tohru. Excited and nervous at the same time for the next episode.

Out of all the heartbreak and emotional turmoil of Kyo and Tohru in this episode, and you choose to be salty about Akito? You're more possessed by hatred than she is.
May 23, 2021 1:22 AM
Apr 2020
Because I don't want to leaved behind I watch the dub (I'm prefer sub, but when I heard it by myself furuba's VAs aren't bad). It was slow paced than previous episodes. I've been waiting confession scene being animated for ages. It's great 😭. I can't wait for next episode.
May 23, 2021 2:18 AM
Apr 2021
Hmm, it's not showing up on Funimation (dub) or Crunchyroll (sub) yet. I'm in the UK, so I wonder if it's not released at the same time everywhere 🤷‍♀️
May 23, 2021 3:22 AM
May 2019
Kysarin said:
Hmm, it's not showing up on Funimation (dub) or Crunchyroll (sub) yet. I'm in the UK, so I wonder if it's not released at the same time everywhere 🤷‍♀️

It was an accidental leak and was only up on Funimation for like an hour or two. They've since taken it down.
May 23, 2021 3:34 AM
Apr 2021
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:
Kysarin said:

It was an accidental leak and was only up on Funimation for like an hour or two. They've since taken it down.

Ah, I see. MAL have said the episode is out twice now so I thought that the first time they said it was due to the leak and the second time was because it was actually out. I'll take MAL's episode announcements with a pinch of salt then lol
May 23, 2021 4:19 AM
Jul 2018
daaaang that was a good episode. Why end on such a cliffhanger why?? i think Kyo misremembered what Kyoko said. Also I never noticed their names being similar before, but clearly we now know that was an intentional detail, which is cool.

Was hoping Akito would run into Shigure but no such luck, looks like the major confrontation is coming now, should be interesting...
May 23, 2021 4:34 AM
Feb 2021
Ep 8 is out ? Is there a mistake ? It should be out in 2 days right ?
May 23, 2021 4:42 AM
May 2019
Kimchi_kimbab said:
Ep 8 is out ? Is there a mistake ? It should be out in 2 days right ?
Funanimation leaked the dub version by mistake now they have taken it down but all pirated sites uploaded the episode on their sites.
May 23, 2021 4:44 AM
Feb 2021
I seeee, I've seen people talking gere about it and was confused if it's officially out. thanks.
May 23, 2021 4:56 AM
May 2019
This episode was so painful especially for Kyoru fans, they animated it so well characters and their expressions looks similar to manga, So we finally see how Kyo and Kyoko met and what their relationship is and Kyo saw Kyoko get hit by a car he wanted to save her but hesitated because he was scared to get transform and that's why he blames himself for her death and thinks he doesn't deserve to be with Tohru, he said cruel things to her because he wanted Tohru to hate him, he also used Yuki as a scapegoat because he needed to direct his anger on someone otherwise he won't be able to stay sane and since everyone always praised the rat and hated the cat it was easy for him to make Yuki the bad guy, I understand him but that's not good, how long is he planning to run away? how long is he going to blame himself or Yuki for everything? His mindset is not healthy and he needs to break through it, Before accepting Tohru he first needs to accept himself.
Sayali567May 23, 2021 5:16 AM
May 23, 2021 6:32 AM
Aug 2019
I couldn't wait so I watched the dub even though I dislike it.
An emotional episode as expected, seeing Kyo pour out open up about his guilt over his mom and Kyoko's deaths hurts to watch. And his hate for Yuki stems from the fact that he tries to hide his pain over not helping Kyoko. They left this episode on a cliffhanger. I'm so excited for the next episode since I really love the Tohru and Akito confrontation.
Rewatched the episode with subs because I feel more connected to the Japanese seiyuus. I really loved Yuuma's voice acting this episode you could really feel the pain in Kyo over his guilt. And also props to Iwami, I can feel the change in tone in Tohru's voice regarding her feelings towards Kyo.
TellatezMay 24, 2021 11:20 AM

May 23, 2021 9:08 AM

Nov 2015
huh, im a fruba dub watcher, so if i was paying attention I could have watched this yesterday

I... Lemme just... scream into a pillow real quick-

...Okay.

I completely expected to get to that part this episode because of how fast they were going through the chapters, but apparently not. They slowed right the fuck down. That episode was almost straight monologue jesus christ. I mean I'm glad they dedicated an entire episode to this but it's wild. I'm so impatient and want the next episode nowww.

The Tohru and Akito showdown is here.... FIGHT!

Aheh. Just kidding, of course. Or am I?
May 23, 2021 12:05 PM
May 2021
anime_laaa said:
Ah, so you're saying that me being salty on Akito after all the anime have shown about her since season 1 up to this episode where she literally stabbed Kureno with a knife who lived wih her more than half of his life, I'm more possessed by hatred than her? Huh? You're judging my character just based on my 1st post? Do you know me personally? Don't bring toxicity to this discussion hahaha

phantomslay5612 said:

Out of all the heartbreak and emotional turmoil of Kyo and Tohru in this episode, and you choose to be salty about Akito? You're more possessed by hatred than she is.

He deserved it. In a lot of ways, he's even worse than Akito for being free from the curse and still choosing to enable her and her behavior. I'd say maybe he'll learn now, but I doubt it. Now that we've got that out of the way, Akito will learn the true power of friendship and her and Tohru will be besties and everything will be like an episode of My Little Pony...
May 23, 2021 1:35 PM
Jan 2017
anime_laaa said:
Ah, so you're saying that me being salty on Akito after all the anime have shown about her since season 1 up to this episode where she literally stabbed Kureno with a knife who lived wih her more than half of his life, I'm more possessed by hatred than her? Huh? You're judging my character just based on my 1st post? Do you know me personally? Don't bring toxicity to this discussion hahaha

phantomslay5612 said:

So much anger. I just find it amusing that of all the things this episode revealed, you choose to still be angry at a character with little to no presence in this episode. I'm not being toxic. I'm just pointing out how obsessed you are.
May 23, 2021 1:45 PM

May 2020
Bro istg if Akito touches Tohru man...

Yet again another great episode, I'm writing this in tears lmao.
May 24, 2021 2:15 AM
Jul 2020
Emmuhzx said:

Bro you cried? cause same
May 24, 2021 2:24 AM

Oct 2017
EspressOH said:
Emmuhzx said:

I'll be real, I didn't cry, but my eyes were certainly a little watery here and there. - Some of those moments, pure tragedy man
May 24, 2021 2:34 AM

May 2020
GodOfWolves said:
EspressOH said:

I'll be real, I didn't cry, but my eyes were certainly a little watery here and there. - Some of those moments, pure tragedy man
I've lost count of how many times Fruits Basket has made me tear up in this season alone
May 24, 2021 4:50 AM

Feb 2020
Before this episode I was never a fan of Kyo I didn't pity him and he was funny at the beginning but since season 2 I just didn't care about him. Then this episode I'm still not a fan of him even more. He's a well written character but I don't like him Tohru can do better I don't get how he is the most favorited. And Tohru didn't even think she just forgave him.
WolfSaberMay 24, 2021 4:54 AM
May 24, 2021 5:44 AM

Oct 2017
CyborgSaber said:
Before this episode I was never a fan of Kyo I didn't pity him and he was funny at the beginning but since season 2 I just didn't care about him. Then this episode I'm still not a fan of him even more. He's a well written character but I don't like him Tohru can do better I don't get how he is the most favorited. And Tohru didn't even think she just forgave him.

Yeah i felt sorta bad for him - but he actually didnt really deserve to be forgiven right away - he could of said something sooner to probably after all they've been through
May 24, 2021 9:10 AM

Mar 2021
Another cringe episode, especially because I was forced to watch it in dub, what a terrible version the voice actors should change their mother tongue ffs. Akito is the clearly the best character since she's the only one trying to get shit done.
This is too hirly for me, I cant stand it.
May 24, 2021 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, watching the character chemistry between Kyo and Kyoko is hilarious. He was such a brat even back then.

Kyoko's personality showed a lot this episode and it gave us a better impression of her personality based on the flashbacks. Kyo overracted a bit this episode although I'm not surprised. Kyoko's selfless personality and patience never ceases amaze me. Such a kind person.
May 24, 2021 10:01 AM

Nov 2007
25:35 next

Wow at the end.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 24, 2021 10:53 AM

Jul 2020
What a blooming episode, jam packed with emotions as usual but this one was turned up like 10 notches past the norm.

Turns out my suspicions were correct, Kyo did 'kill' tohru's mother, but more by hesitation and inaction rather than actually acting upon desires to kill her. He had to be ruthless towards tohru becuase he couldn't forgive himself for what he did and the last thing he heard from Hondo still haunts him, the I won't forgive you still hangs over him and he can't seem to break past that.

Tohru still loving him past all of that really shows her feelings towards him and how strongly she wants the best for him but him saying I'm dissapointed was a nail in the coffin man, especially with akito coming armed with her trusty kureno banishing knife in hand.

Akito also seems to have lost it and now wants to murder someone unconnected to her family, which would probably cause irreperable waves across the Sohma name. If they do a final breath business with tohru and kyo clutching onto her, I wouldn't be surprised, especially since Fruits Basket's execution is top notch when it comes to scenes that hit hard.

Can't blooming wait for next episode, so hyped!

EDIT: Totally forgot Shigure lives in the house, would gander that he somehow calms Akito down, or pushes her past her breaking point and saves Tohru whilst being as condescending as this season has shown him to be
LeviathanHWDMay 24, 2021 11:00 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

May 24, 2021 10:53 AM

Jun 2019
Aww.. seeing Kyo and Tohru's mom interactions made me smile. It was so wholesome not to mention Kyo was still a sweet asshole.

Tohru's mom, Kyoko was such a kind person. Tho we already know how kind she was. This episode once again rejuvenates her personality and character. Kyo's blaming himself for Kyoko's death. It was painful to see Kyo crying like that and even Tohru like that. But, Tohru still loves him even after all that shows how much she cares about him.
May 24, 2021 10:58 AM

Apr 2019
Fruba never disappoints, these episodes are so good individually.

May 24, 2021 10:59 AM

Jul 2017
The worries of the relationship between Tohru and Kyo, OUCH. The common motherly love shared between the two, but yet the infringes of Kyo's past sins is an interesting backstory to dive into.

From the moment where Tohru's mom Kyoko found young Kyo, it was just an inkling that both characters (Tohru and Kyo) would eventually meet. And much than the hat that surfaced in Yuki's possession in Season 1 (that caused a misunderstanding of the relationship between him and Yuki, much less the romance between Tohru and Yuki for the early run), Kyo's resurfacing brat of a personality is one that people can't stand, it was a servitude of the worst kind that Kyo has ever faced, other than being the unwanted Cat of the Soma Zodiac family and abandoned by his own family, full of blames and excuses that a child is forced to uphold to keep his pride.

Like mother, like daughter, and Kyo is no differential when facing towards Tohru, just like how he witnessed the selfless Kyoko from cradle to death. A guy who is unwilling to let go of the failures of his life and choosing to play the blame game out of a wretched persona and impose all of his feelings and emotions against Yuki, so that's how the rivalry between the Cat and the Rat first started from the very beginning.

When it all comes down to the choice of forgiveness, Kyo has ben an irrational character all the time and largely stuck within his mindset that "everything is his fault", yet for Tohru to make a stand, she has the courage to take things into stride.

The way I see it: the final showdown between Akito and Tohru is the final hurdle to break Kyo's chains free. A scary episode at that.
May 24, 2021 11:10 AM

Sep 2019
Damn I wasn't ready for the feels today.

So Kyo didn't save Tohru's mom because wanted to protect his secret... I like Kyo but that's one of worst things that you could do to Tohru if not the worst. Tohru must really love him if she still takes his side despite the things he's done. That ending doesn't look for Tohru. Akito, PLEASE don't kill her.
May 24, 2021 11:11 AM
Mar 2019
that was so intense i was crying the whole episode
May 24, 2021 11:11 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit, that had me feeling all kinds of ways, what an episode.
May 24, 2021 11:15 AM

Jan 2018
GOD I FREAKING LOVE FRUITS BASKET.

Kyo's past and his interactions with Kyouko were handled so amazingly. The feels goddammit. Excellent episode yet again.
ARK-13May 24, 2021 11:37 AM
May 24, 2021 11:16 AM
Sep 2015
Kyo said he shift all the blame to Yuki, but they just fight like a normal teenager.
May 24, 2021 11:18 AM
Oct 2016
Pain, all pain all the time. This episode just ripped my heart out and took a sledgehammer to it. Kyo confessing to all his past sins thinking its made him unworthy to be loved by Tohru. He never meant for this to happen, for things to go so far between them. He never meant to fall in love with Tohru after him feeling responsible for Kyoko death. But he did which changed things, made repressing those feelings of guilt a bit easier for a while. Now its time to stop shoving it down, time for Tohru to know what happened. Oh my god its just too tragic hearing Kyo drop all this history at Tohru feet. How he knew her mom meeting with Kyoko but things ended sour after Yuki saved Tohru that day. Kyo felt betrayed and lonely again, until seeing her all those years later the day of the accident. Dammit this hurts to see Kyo out himself through such pain over feeling like he should've saved Kyoko. He hates himself so kuch yet keeps putting his own preservation above others. Kyo shouldn't be feeling this way he doesn't deserve it all but that traumatic childhood with his mother killing herself right in front of him and his father being an outright piece of shit its all added up to Kyo feeling this way. Tohru absolutely loves him as she said this episode, her saying she would go against her mothers words is huge since it fully means she loves Kyo more than she did her mother. Tohru wanting Kyo to not hold onto these feelings of guilt and pain. To just let him be loved by her. Its all so saddening, these two belong together yet messed up feelings keep getting in the way. Kyo running off with Yuki chasing leaves Tohru all alone to deal with Akito.
May 24, 2021 11:23 AM
Oct 2016
Kyo has alwasy loved her

May 24, 2021 11:26 AM
Jul 2020
Just want to say...
Just like ep 9 of ss2, YUUMA UCHIDA (Kyo's Japanese VA) was SO GOOD!! You can hear his crying shaking voice through the episode, the emotions are too powerful!
I watched the dub first but sub version is on another level.
mnsatoshiMay 24, 2021 12:15 PM
May 24, 2021 12:13 PM

Jul 2012
I loved the moments between Kyo and Kyoko, but what happened after omg that is tragic. Kyo carrying that heavy guilt with him all this time. That is just too sad.
May 24, 2021 12:14 PM
Aug 2020
wow... that was pretty intense
May 24, 2021 12:15 PM
Nov 2020
I refuse to belive that Kyoko would say that to Kyo. He either imagined it or she said it out loud to someone that she thought of.
May 24, 2021 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
she finally confessed but damn why doesn't this serie let me be happy even one minute??? to hear "i'm disappointed in you" after your confession must really hurt. i'm not even the one confessing and that broke me.

it's not even kyo's fault at all that his mom and tohru mom died..also like there is no way kyoko would say that she won't forgive him. i feel like there is a misunderstanding here. ugh i just wanna give kyo a hug. damn this show...always have me start my week with a heartbreak.

like i couldn't stop looking at the time remaining for episode to end bcs i didn't want it to end. and at the end of every episode, i can't stop sighing. i can't believe we only have like few episodes remaining.

also i'm telling you, akito better not do anything to tohru, or that will be the time i snap for real. put that knife away ffs.
May 24, 2021 12:24 PM

Jan 2018
Woah this episode was so damn good! Fruits basket never disappoints me with their episodes since they adapt them so well! I was at first honestly scared that they would adapt this fast due to it being only 13 episodes but actually they adapted it perfectly!! I really loved this episode and I seriously cannot wait till next week!

May 24, 2021 12:24 PM
Mar 2015
Great job of showing why what happened to his mom and Kyoko led to Kyo rejecting Torhu next week the confrontation between Akito and Torhu
May 24, 2021 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
this has to be one of the saddest confession ever...like fr...
May 24, 2021 12:39 PM

Mar 2016
INCREDIBLE. Just incredible.
And painful.
This final season has been able to connect all the dots that was the foreshadowing and hints from the previous seasons, and pretty much everything has come to be told full circle. Now it makes more sense why Kyo behaved the way he did throughout the entirety of the story. He still feels like he doesn't deserve Tohru cause of the guilt, regardless of whether or not she would forgive him; he feels like he needs to push her away yet again. This has really gotten more and more tense with each episode.
I hope Tohru can do something about Akito, now that the latter has appeared in a very dismal mental state.
May 24, 2021 12:49 PM

Apr 2015
That transition from the opening scene to the OP song! That was fantastic!

Oh my heart... the pain...

What an absolutely phenomenal episode. I am lost for words... The guilt that Kyo has carried for all this time, even though he repressed it after a while, it still must have been killing him inside. That's so sad. Honestly, hearing "I am disappointed in you" right after confession, was very rude of Kyo, but I can understand where he's coming from, cause in his mindset he doesn't want to be forgiven by Tohru.

That ending... don't do that to me, fuck!! This is the worst cliffhanger in years....
May 24, 2021 12:53 PM

Feb 2018
It's weird to me that they showed Kureno getting stabbed and bleeding out at the end of last episode, and then just never went back to that at all this week.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 24, 2021 12:54 PM

Jul 2017
yo the best tsundere's are always the ones who are only tsundere because of trauma lmao

But Kyo's mentality is very interesting, because we've seen lots of examples of this in history. People painting groups in a negative way so that they can use their hate for them as a means of running away from their own issues, damn.

And wow selfish Tooru is best tooru. It definitely is hard to do but I agree it doesn't always need to be one choice or the other

mnsatoshi said:
Just want to say...
Just like ep 9 of ss2, YUUMA UCHIDA (Kyo's Japanese VA) was SO GOOD!! You can hear his crying shaking voice through the episode, the emotions are too powerful!
I watched the dub first but sub version is on another level.

He's honestly goated at times with his performances. It reminds me of his Banana Fish performance that one ep, damn that was so good
May 24, 2021 1:14 PM

Apr 2014
This episode broke me. I literally could not even think straight for minutes after what just happened. The ending just had to make it worse. Please for love of all life. Kyo please. Yuki please. Tohru please. Akito olease. Get your heads straight. Please! Dang it all. I really need to be drunk on other entertainment media until I can hold out for next week.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

317 by ducvub10 »»
Apr 22, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

163 by FardinRimon »»
Apr 17, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

169 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2021

165 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2021

158 by Kris08 »»
Mar 5, 11:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.