Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2021 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Noukin Kabaddi team adds new members: the Yakuza-like Ban Nobutaka (whch acts like Black Clover's silent man Gordon), fatty Seki Ryuuta, and the tomboy-ish Hitomi Yuuki. Interesting that both young Yoigoshi is Ban's influencer, and how he got the way here is because he believed in Yoigoshi.

While Yoigoshi feels the Struggle from all corners to accept the newbies, they're pretty diversifying in their interests. With the impending competition, it does not take long for the 9-men crew to get going into formation fast with training and such, and Azemichi feels the pinch with his usefulness in the team. Better work hard at it, even with the scary speed monster that is Masato.

It seems that instead of the seniors Yoigoshi and Azemichi teaching them, it ends up being the new members reciprocating both of them instead, such as the bowling recreation to get to know one another better. The one who doesn't admit defeat easily, only plays soccer and does things independently, and the one who is a try-hard without any places to go, it's fascinating how the newbies are able to dissect both Yoigoshi and Azemichi within a blink of an eye, to working together.

Keep improving at it, practice and trust people. This training journey is worth the trouble to go further.
KANLen09May 21, 2021 11:49 AM
May 21, 2021 11:28 AM

Jun 2019
New team members are here. Ban Nobutaka who's very silent for a sport like Kabaddi. LOL Hitomi Yuuki, a literal trap. At first glance, I thought finally they have a manager just like Yoigoshi said LMAO. I got bamboozled. And Seki Ryuta who's overweight but has a will to play.

Aww... Ban is a fanboy of Yoigoshi because he complimented his hair. So sweet. Azemichi wants to get stronger as well so he's training with the captain and his improvement is right in front of us.

Yoigoshi's fast learner capabilities are super impressive just like we saw during bowling. Yoigoshi realized that he doesn't trust his new teammates and that's why he's doing everything alone while they're thinking that he doesn't depend on anyone. Well, better realized than never.

(I laugh every time I see Yuuki between the buff men. XD)
May 21, 2021 11:48 AM

Apr 2018
The new characters are amazing! The yakuza ban, sumo seki and trap Hitomi. (he's attractive for some reason, help me). Probably my second favorite ep. First place goes to the practice match. Really happy that the new characters get a lot of screentime, they'll be important later on. Hitomi is my fav out of the three.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 21, 2021 11:50 AM
Sep 2015
Ban is quite handsome but I've to admit that his hairstyle is a bit too much, he looks better in his young age. Though I'm wondering if that sumo member will have a drastic change in his body after lose weight.

Interesting that not only Yoigoshi doesn't disgust at Hitomi, he also doesn't mind if Hitomi touch his muscle. Though I guess it's because Hitomi look like a girl, not because Yoigoshi support LGBT. (It's still a good sign anyway)

Talking about Yoigoshi, while I love his cool and compose mode, his childhood mode is the best. The way he smile innocently while playing sports he love... I don't want anyone to see his smile besides myself.
May 21, 2021 11:56 AM

Apr 2020
Woh finally we got new team mates
So now they can play matches with full 7 members
Hitomi still being a boy was pretty cute
And yoigoshi seems to blush too much
I must say he is a bit of tsundere really
May 21, 2021 12:28 PM
Mar 2021
I have no idea what was different really in the episode but like I couldn't stop smiling the whole episode -- it was a nice episode :)
May 21, 2021 12:45 PM

Sep 2018
I loved this episode... I think this is where this anime is really good at. Sure, the match of the previous episodes was quite cool, but it's with episodes like this (episode 1 and 3 as well) that this anime really shines.
May 21, 2021 1:01 PM

Feb 2021
I swear I'm enjoying this show more than I should. Sure the animations might look a bit stiff. But this episode was really nice.
Very good episode this week
May 21, 2021 1:30 PM

Aug 2020
That 'Daga Otoko Da' moment XD.
This Anime gets more fun every week.
May 21, 2021 4:01 PM

Oct 2009
4 episodes left... And they introduce new characters now. That was weird, however fun they are.
May 21, 2021 4:42 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Three new members to the team ^^

They seem troped at first, but I see potential in their characters.
May 21, 2021 5:16 PM

Jun 2014
New recruits have joined the team and they seem to have potential. Their growth and the growth of the team as a whole should be fun to watch.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 21, 2021 5:17 PM

Mar 2016
Oh, they got a new manager for the te... Ah, she's a he, it's a guy, nevermind.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 21, 2021 6:50 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, the new recruits are great.

I knew Hitomi-chan was a trap but goddamn if he isn't wasted as a trap. XD
Ban is hilarious and Seki is pretty amusing, it was really cool when they almost caught Ojo.

I wonder if we'll get to the tournaments in this cour. We're already 8 episodes in.
May 21, 2021 9:51 PM

Feb 2021
Woah this episode flew by so fast! New members in the Noukin Kabaddi Club!

1. Hitomi: The 'Haku' of this show lol. I knew from the start that 'she' was a trap XD

2. Seki: Fat guy who does the 'anime glass push'.

3. Ban: Scary looking but really sweet on the inside. He kind of looks like S class hero Metal Bat from One Punch Man (>_<)

It was great to see Yoigoshi coming up with new tactics and coordinating with his teammates!

May 21, 2021 9:53 PM

Feb 2021
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode, the new recruits are great.

I knew Hitomi-chan was a trap but goddamn if he isn't wasted as a trap. XD
Ban is hilarious and Seki is pretty amusing, it was really cool when they almost caught Ojo.

I wonder if we'll get to the tournaments in this cour. We're already 8 episodes in.

I don't think so. The tournament arc will take place in the 2nd season (hopefully)
When we see the op we see 2 players after the Souwa team appears. Maybe those will be the new recruits from their team and Noukin and Souwa team will be having a complete team match before the tournament.

May 21, 2021 10:30 PM

Dec 2020
finally, we got to meet the rest of the (main teams) cast !! we have a guy who's done sumo before, a guy who's quiet/shy despite his scary appearance, and a girly guy because there hasn't been an actual girl in this show so he'll have to do. yoigoshi is also bettering himself as a team player this ep, thats nice
May 21, 2021 11:44 PM

Aug 2015
the ending quote by the captain gave me chills!
May 22, 2021 3:39 AM

Oct 2016
We finally meet the new members that was in the OP! Pretty good episode and probably the most fun episode so far. Ban is hilarious lmao, didn't expect this delinquent looking dude to be this shy and quiet, he also idolizes our boy Yoigoshi. Hitomi is cute as shit, boy or not and I see Yoigoshi is pulling a Hachiman with his reactions to Hitomi lmao. And Seki is probably the most normal out of the three new members, he's a sumo wrestler so that'll definitely be useful in defense.

Yoigoshi also got some development, learning to trust his teammates more and not have everything be only about himself. Pretty hilarious how Yoigoshi and Azemichi are pretty inept in the ways of hanging out. Looking forward to the next episode for more practicing.
May 22, 2021 5:45 AM
Jan 2021
sujal06 said:
yea I made the mistake of assuming his gender but it’s anime so I wasn’t too surprised
May 22, 2021 7:38 AM

Jun 2020
I loved this episode!!!!!! The new additions to the team are amazing, they fit right in & complement the team well. I loved how we got to see more of how Yoigoshi was back then & how he changed thru Ban’s eyes. And isn’t Ban so endearing lolol I totally laughed at the end when Yoigoshi found it difficult to praise them & spoke so silently like him l o l

This is the Yoigoshi development I’ve been waiting for♡

And Yuuma is the perfect male tsundure seiyuu ♡_________♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 22, 2021 8:53 AM

Nov 2013
so we got introduced to more kinda main characters almost by the end of the season, i wonder if it means there'll be season two so they'd get a chance to show off
May 22, 2021 10:24 AM

Feb 2020
madelajn3 said:
so we got introduced to more kinda main characters almost by the end of the season, i wonder if it means there'll be season two so they'd get a chance to show off

Ah i think as long as this doesn’t fully flop in japan i think there will be a new season two since there’s enough source material. This was all just build up before the main arcs after all.
May 22, 2021 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
That man really speaks very softly is that and something strange is bizzare in some way, he seems to be a very strong man.
May 22, 2021 12:24 PM

Nov 2013
Ocat1234 said:
madelajn3 said:

Ah i think as long as this doesn’t fully flop in japan i think there will be a new season two since there’s enough source material. This was all just build up before the main arcs after all.

yay im glad to hear that! i really hope it won't flop cause it's really good and there aren't any other anime about kabaddi as far as i know
May 22, 2021 4:44 PM

Oct 2008
Hitomi >> trap = glorious!!!
5/5.

May 22, 2021 8:11 PM

Jul 2009
OMG Burning Kabbadi is soooo funny! Hitomi (Hideyoshi) girly screaming when he has been tackled was so funny.

New character are interesting! At firts I though in the same way of Yoigoshi, all new firts year boys looks like "they-totally-can-not-handle-kabbadi" but after Yoishoshi-kun autoslap BOOOOM!!! They almost cacth captian! That was very asomewe.

Yoigoshi is a GREAT protagonist. <3
Sasha_ATMay 22, 2021 8:24 PM
May 23, 2021 8:36 AM

Apr 2020
aka04 said:
sujal06 said:
yea I made the mistake of assuming his gender but it’s anime so I wasn’t too surprised
yeah traps in anime are really increasing lol
Jun 11, 2021 11:30 PM

Dec 2016
Now it's getting fun to watch with the new members joining.

Actually you are Ban Misumi XD
Jun 15, 2021 1:14 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
New members and they're quite original, that was unexpected to get a fat and a trap character in this anime xD
Jun 18, 2021 5:27 AM

Nov 2016
Damn, they got me with Hitomi-chan.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 20, 2021 2:41 AM

Jun 2016
New members mean 3x times the fun and a bonding experience that Yoigoshi learns a lot from. Oh, Hitomi is also waifu of the series, of course.

Aug 7, 2021 1:05 AM

Jul 2015
Quite the fun episode with the new members joining: trap Hitomi, sumo Seki and quiet Ban with a delinquent appearance.

Nov 18, 2023 3:42 AM
Aug 2022
There's no scarcity of gay kids in sports anime.

I need a pal like that Aang dude in my life.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 7, 2021

39 by S_animesh_ss »»
Jan 6, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2021

40 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:04 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 16, 2021

41 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 17, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 9, 2021

80 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:24 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2021

154 by notelle »»
Aug 8, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.