Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 8, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Takemichi has such a heart of gold. Going back in time to help out Draken takes guts.

On the other hand, his encounter with that blonde girl was priceless since she was almost nude. Mikey is still such a badass in his leadership position. Takemichi knew that but took the risk to go back anyways to resolve a conflict.

Stark700May 8, 2021 12:04 PM
May 8, 2021 12:06 PM

Jun 2019
Takemichi is really juggling his life between present and past. Got fired from the part-time job in the present and almost lost his virginity in the past. And then, running away from there. Yep...That's a virgin for ya.

Also, a fight is about to take place between two gangs and Takemichi has the mission to protect Draken at all costs. Draken really is a very nice guy, he sure fills what Mikey lacks. It was really sad to see what happened to that girl. Nobody from the outside should ever be involved in all such matters. Felt really bad for the parents as well.

I hope our gang can take revenge for his friend and his girlfriend.
May 8, 2021 12:07 PM

Nov 2020
Incredible episode. wasn't expecting that scene with Draken's girl, past Takemichi is banging.
May 8, 2021 12:08 PM
Dec 2020
Whoever did that to the girl.. I want all of them beaten to death...hope that happens
May 8, 2021 12:10 PM

Jan 2018
I'm quite suprised they adapted 4 chapters but the episode is still well paced.

Draken best boi
May 8, 2021 12:13 PM

Jan 2018
ELECTR1FY2819 said:
Whoever did that to the girl.. I want all of them beaten to death...hope that happens

It's worse in the manga because theres a panel they showing that scene. I'm actually felt relieved they didn't include it in the anime because it's triggering.
May 8, 2021 12:16 PM
Sep 2015
I could almost swear that this episode is only 12 minutes long, time flies very fast when I'm happy!

First of all, I'm glad that my man is still a virgin, and judging from Draken's girlfirend, it seems like Draken is a virgin too. I'm somehow obsess with virginity, I don't want it to be taken from my favorite guys, especially by women. But it doesn't mean I hate woman, for example I feel very sorry for the woman that get raped in this episode. No woman deserve that kind of treatment, ever!

And yes, Draken is Mikey's heart, they're born and live for each other! I really hope our hero can save them, all of them. The whole gang is just teenagers that lost a good guidance, they're not bad people by nature. They can still be good people. But the same can't be said for Moebius gang, they should be judged fairly under the law.
May 8, 2021 12:26 PM

Jul 2020
That went from 0 to 100 real quick. Brings the real life situation of gangs to light, once you're in them you're not the only one that will suffer if something goes bad, you're essentially risking the lives of your loved ones by associating yourself in that situation. Scary but real stuff that gives you a reality check of what was kind of glorified in the last few episodes. But now takemitchy knows that mikey's brakes are controlled by draken, hopefully hina is saved. I honestly love the pacing of the show, its brilliant, with the fluff kept to a minimum unlike a certain show that aired today ahem BHA5 ahem
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

May 8, 2021 12:35 PM

Jun 2015
What's up with those very bad cuts? Even if they are there to hide its budget it's extremely noticeable. Or is this an attempt to hide the swastika?
NycroMay 8, 2021 12:51 PM
May 8, 2021 12:37 PM

Jan 2020
Hehe Takemicchi, what are you doing at a brothel....
May 8, 2021 12:41 PM

Dec 2020
Takemichi lost his part time job and when he get back he see a half naked girl haha feel bad for him best boi.
Toman gang got a fight vs moebius i hope they win this.Mikey kun is so badass as a Commander.
Incredible episode
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 8, 2021 12:42 PM

Jan 2021
Strange, he appeared in the past without being beaten up, nice achievement ヽ( `д´*)ノ
What is his past self thinking about, with such a good girlfriend like Hina...
Hhah, so dumb, to think Draken needs a bodyguard 😂
Mickey looks like a little kid (≧◡≦)
Great episode
May 8, 2021 12:44 PM

Jul 2020
Seems interesting that the "original" Takemichi (the one that left Hina during the fireworks and got into that situation with Emma) has a really different personality than the future Takemichi, not sure if the idea that they're different will be important later on tho
May 8, 2021 12:47 PM

Jan 2018
Nycro said:
Are those extremely bad cuts there to hide it's budget or is to hide the swastika?

yeah it seems there are some weird cuts here and there, I have yet to look on the RAW if anything was cut.
May 8, 2021 12:50 PM

Nov 2013
another very heavy episode, that thing with pah and his family and girlfriend shook me to the core, I'm also sad that takemichy was such a dick back in the past and when he's back to being a kid he doesn't remember how much he loves and appreciates hina (as he should, she's the best), i really really hope he'll succeed and saves draken so they'll all get a happily ever after
May 8, 2021 12:51 PM

Jun 2008
Nycro said:
Are those extremely bad cuts there to hide it's budget or is to hide the swastika?

It was to hide the manji. I'm glad I watched the RAW version first. In the Crunchyroll version, we didn't even get to see these two because of all the cuts

May 8, 2021 12:54 PM

Nov 2016
They did that girl so dirty, ngl if I was the dad I would've went ham for real. But there's not really much you can do against a gang :/

Damn enjoyable episode again. Was cool to see the captains, Matsuoka's voice fits Mitsuya so well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 8, 2021 12:55 PM

Apr 2014
Anyone wondering there is currently an uncensored version going around without the weird cuts.

To find them you have to obviously use the high seas route.

All in all great ep, mikey showed his leadership, and it'll get only better from here on out. :D
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

May 8, 2021 12:57 PM

Nov 2014
Is it just me or is the animation poor af this episode??

There's an error in translation. It said "hung his parents and siblings" but they didn't literally hung them by the neck and killed them. I've checked three different languages of translations so I'm certain the actual meaning is they tied them up and then dangled them in the air by a rope in order to threaten them for money. After all, their goal is money and sex, not murder. You'll see later that even the most evil delinquent in this show is tentative when it comes to taking a life.
ttcchenMay 10, 2021 8:57 PM
May 8, 2021 12:59 PM

Jun 2012
ttcchen said:

They just cut a TON of stuff and used stills, black screens and terribly zoomed in panning shots to avoid showing the manji on the uniforms.
May 8, 2021 1:02 PM

Jun 2015
hirahira said:
Nycro said:

It was to hide the manji. I'm glad I watched the RAW version first. In the Crunchyroll version, we didn't even get to see these two because of all the cuts

Thanks. Those stupid cuts completely ruined the scene for me.

ttcchen said:

Not as good as ep1-3 but definitely better than 4. Only the gang meeting was bad but that's due to cuts.
May 8, 2021 1:04 PM

Sep 2019
hirahira said:
Nycro said:

Did crunchyroll really change the original video to not show a sign? lmao
May 8, 2021 1:06 PM

Jun 2012
z00nex said:
hirahira said:

Crunchyroll Production/anime studio went a step further to protect it's viewers: http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/KGP67NNX#

Those are from exactly the same frame.
GlorditMay 8, 2021 10:52 PM
May 8, 2021 1:07 PM

Sep 2019
I felt really bad for the girl and her parents, I hope she comes out of coma.
May 8, 2021 1:07 PM

Jan 2018
Nycro said:
What's up with those very bad cuts? Even if they are there to hide its budget it's extremely noticeable. Or is this an attempt to hide the swastika?

damn just rewatch the RAW version they really did some cut,zoom and pause some scenes around 8:50 mins especially most of the scenes on that meeting that's why there are some weired scenes here and there. I don't know what they're trying to cut the swastika wasn't even that visible lmao.
wonhallyu17May 8, 2021 1:13 PM
May 8, 2021 1:10 PM

Jul 2017
y'know something tells me Hinata wouldn't really mind if take told her about the whole time travel thing given how she can spot when he feels "older" lol

but damn, good to know Draken and mikey before are not as bad dudes as their initial impressions. Now I'm really curious as to what leads to Draken's death (I assume takemichi is gonna get his hand stabbed trying to save him as in the OP)

FMmatron said:
They did that girl so dirty, ngl if I was the dad I would've went ham for real. But there's not really much you can do against a gang :/

yea that's the shame of it, not much the dad could really do but that's exactly the most frusturating part
May 8, 2021 1:20 PM

Sep 2019
Glordit said:
z00nex said:

Crunchyroll went a step further to protect it's viewers: http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/KGP67NNX#

Those are from exactly the same frame.
I don't even know what to say about CR's censorship policy other than it being hilariously dumb, thanks for sharing.
May 8, 2021 1:23 PM

Apr 2018
Takemichi getting dem girls while he already has one, what a chad xD.
It was as good as the manga (the cuts were bad tho) Really amazing!
ED is a banger.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 8, 2021 1:29 PM

Oct 2019
Watch the uncensored version y'all
Pain
May 8, 2021 1:45 PM

Jun 2015
Alright I just watched the raw version and i can confirm that they cut like 50% (im serious) scenes of the gang meeting. If it feels poorly made for you then you have to blame crunchyroll.
This symbol will keep appearing and sadly they will just cut ENTIRE SCENES. Censoring the swastika isnt great but they are too lazy for that.
Sad since the adaption isnt actually bad.

Here to give you a taste of how shitty it is
https://twitter.com/jessica_astoria/status/1391117354344620035

Edit:
Actually don't blame CR. I was told that CR had nothing to do with the cuts if that's the case then forget what i said.
NycroMay 8, 2021 2:20 PM
May 8, 2021 1:47 PM

Jan 2019
I really like how this is going. Love Mikey and Draken's friendship.
Animation sucks sometimes, but script and direction kinda compensates for that. Pacing is also on point.

neffst3rMay 8, 2021 2:01 PM
May 8, 2021 1:49 PM

Jan 2021
Bro emma do be banging though, though wtf was his past self thinking despite having hina. And how the hell is he gonna bodygaurd draken if he can't fight lol.
But draken is super nice, my guy didn't deserve to die. Also i feel sad for that girl who got beaten up.

───────────────────────────
𝕸𝖞 𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖋𝖎𝖑𝖊 | 𝕸𝖞 𝕬𝖓𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝕷𝖎𝖘𝖙 | ありがとう
───────────────────────────
May 8, 2021 1:53 PM
Mar 2019
They censoring the tf out of the symbol and it’s causing terrible cuts smfh
May 8, 2021 2:02 PM

Aug 2020
Draken and Mikey really depend and need eachother, can't imagine how Mikey would feel if he lost Draken. It makes perfect sense for Mikey to become an evil guy like that. There'd be nobody there to lead him.
May 8, 2021 2:16 PM
Jul 2020
All I want to say is that the cuts are killing me😠
Is there no way to watch it without censorship😢
May 8, 2021 2:30 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Besides that awful censorship this episode was pretty good. It's a shame that girl got caught up in some gang nonsense kind of like what happened to Hina in the present timeline.
May 8, 2021 2:33 PM

Oct 2019
what chapter of the manga covers this ep?
May 8, 2021 2:37 PM

Jun 2008
mawgi said:
what chapter of the manga covers this ep?

This covered up to chapter 12. I have no idea if the anime is going to cover chapter 12.5 so you should probably start from there.
May 8, 2021 2:42 PM

May 2018
The manji symbols got god ray'd... seriously?

other than that great episode. Takemitchy is way too good at tailing without getting caught haha
May 8, 2021 2:54 PM

Dec 2018
Raping that girl and beating her up untill she fell in coma? Those people really are the scum of the earth, I tought gangs had honour principles or something like that...

Also, why would Takemitchy have sex with another random girl, when he already has a girlfriend? That's pretty immature :/

Other than that, I don't really care about the Manji symbol being censored, I'm more focused on the plot
ClannadstanMay 8, 2021 2:58 PM
May 8, 2021 3:23 PM

Jan 2021
mann seeing the girl's condition fills me up with so much rage ... are those people even human?? wtf?!?!
May 8, 2021 3:25 PM

Jan 2019
This censorship is criminal. Why do Crunchyroll feel the need to do this? Is it that hard to tell uneducated people that the manji symbol is not the same as the swastika?
"Never underestimate the stupidity of the average anime fan"
May 8, 2021 3:28 PM

Feb 2019
Damn this episode went by way too quick, I was just getting into it after Mikey and Draken apologised to the parents and then boom. Really good episode. Felt bad for the misunderstanding with Takemichi and Hina, but Emma is an interesting character.

So we got a pretty good set up for the upcoming conflict with Moebius, that’s going to be a tough one, excited for the next few episodes to see where things go from here

I’ve seen some people complaining about the manji symbol being censored on crunchyroll, I must’ve missed it because I didn’t notice anything strange.
May 8, 2021 3:30 PM

Apr 2013
How to ruin an episode, the japanese way. Not only did they flash lights to censor a buddhist symbol, we get different storyboarding than the og version and horrible cuts to go along with it. Jarring to say the least. If these censors keep up for the entire season it will legit be unwatchable. I’ll just swap to the manga not gonna waste my time. Who thought that was a good idea?

Marinate1016 said:
Damn this episode went by way too quick, I was just getting into it after Mikey and Draken apologised to the parents and then boom. Really good episode. Felt bad for the misunderstanding with Takemichi and Hina, but Emma is an interesting character.

So we got a pretty good set up for the upcoming conflict with Moebius, that’s going to be a tough one, excited for the next few episodes to see where things go from here

I’ve seen some people complaining about the manji symbol being censored on crunchyroll, I must’ve missed it because I didn’t notice anything strange.
You srs? That’s just a few examples. They also censored it in the op.
KneelBeforeMeMay 8, 2021 3:48 PM
May 8, 2021 3:33 PM

Mar 2017
Saw the comparison and yeah, i don't like the censorship (who does, anyway?). This can't be good for future episodes if they keep cutting the Manji symbol. I still gave it a 5/5 though since it's a great episode that went by so fast. But again, i'd be lying if i said i'm not worried for future episodes.
May 8, 2021 3:33 PM

Jun 2014
It's a shame that the manji symbol got censored which heavily affected the episode, but people nowadays pretty much immediately associate the symbol with Nazis without knowing the real meaning of it so I get why they're doing this.

Anyway, I like how this episode showed just how important Draken's presence is for Mikey. No wonder Mikey changes because of his death. I hope Toman destroys this other scummy ass gang, especially after what they did to that girl, her bf, and his family.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 8, 2021 3:51 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
I'm considering moving to the manga after that laughable censorship - I was probably going to read the manga after this season anyway.

Besides that, this episode was once again solid. We got to see more on how the gangs were structured and a rivalry has been established. A good set up episode.
May 8, 2021 3:52 PM
Mar 2020
This episode kid of felt too quick for context though it was still pretty good when focusing on Mikey and Draken's friendship was not bad it just felt too quick as the last episodes felt better with it's pacing this one just felt off but it was ok I guess
May 8, 2021 3:57 PM
Jun 2020
Great episode, though i felt uneasy by how evil the rival gang is to that poor guy...
May 8, 2021 4:07 PM

Jul 2011
Since the beginning of this anime, I feared happening to Hina what happened to that poor girl.

Hide swastika is dumb, and just keep people from learning the original meaning. Like the proposal to substitute the swastika on Buddhist temples in Japan
BlichoBoyMay 8, 2021 4:10 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think this show would be better if it got rid of of some of its shounen tropes?

Elma_fer - Jun 12, 2021

30 by tmunee »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

250 by Captain22 »»
Apr 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

» Worst protagonist ever? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Leon888 - Jan 14

169 by KobayashiChi »»
Mar 19, 3:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.