Forum Settings
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2021 1:00 PM

Jan 2021
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Paisen, need to realise it, she wants a KISS from YOU
Uhhh, a rival is coming for Nagatoro?

May 3, 2021 5:02 PM

Dec 2009
Wow! Amazing twist and development.
I love how they're more honest to each other and their feelings, with her going as far as revealing that she's serious of wanting to kiss him as her reward if she beats that Olympic judoka girl.

To then suddenly have an acquaintance or friend who knows Senpai who wants to join the club... Damn.
I doubt she's a love rival, although maybe, but it'd be weird if they could decline her, so it'll be awkward if she starts clinging and somewhat cockblocking them.
May 3, 2021 8:21 PM

Mar 2015
come on nagatoro, if you are not straight, love rival might appear you know.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 3, 2021 9:23 PM

Oct 2016
Watching the anime alongside the manga, you can really notice how much Paisen has developed as a person and how his relationship with Nagatoro was steadily developing. And our girl is becoming more aggressive now, let's go. And with that new member's arrival she'll probably become even more aggressive, let's fucking go!

Also, we finally got Paisen's last name! I mean we probably all know his full name already but for the sake of what was revealed so far, we know his name is Nao Hachiouji, since his friends only called him Nao-kun.
May 3, 2021 10:48 PM
Mar 2021
Everyone is so concentrated on new rival that they forgot the biggest plot twist someone at last revealed the name of unknown senpai 😂
May 3, 2021 10:55 PM
Jul 2018
great chapter, shit's getting intense, i'm sure we'll see great development for nagatoro in the future starting from this chapter
May 3, 2021 11:03 PM

Oct 2014
I audibly "Oh fuck"ed when the new girl opened the door. I guess we get a rival now to pad the run time of the manga instead of ending it on a concise and nice ending.
May 4, 2021 12:47 AM

Jul 2014
And just like that, a challenger appears just before Senpai can say whether he wants to actually kiss Nagatoro or not.
May 4, 2021 1:56 AM

Aug 2018
...WHAT?
Ok, so yes, Nagatoro was serious. But now a new character appears...this should be interesting.
May 4, 2021 3:51 AM

Feb 2021
I'm so glad I decided to continue and stay up to date with the manga before the anime adaptation. Seeing Nagatoro and Senpai now compared to where the anime is at rn is really interesting of how the story progressed
Too bad Nagatoro has a new competition lol
May 4, 2021 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
she's presidents younger sister or some relative i guess
May 4, 2021 4:44 AM

Oct 2017
Finally a love rival for Nagatoro? Oh boi.

Nagatoro made it clear she wasn't joking when she said she wanted a kiss, this is good.
May 4, 2021 5:19 AM
Sep 2016
Loved the chapter, but I hate the fact that this is new character is definitely going to cause a lot of annoying melodrama and miscommunication, like with the president but to the nth degree.
May 4, 2021 5:42 AM
Sep 2016
Gezbo said:
I audibly "Oh fuck"ed when the new girl opened the door. I guess we get a rival now to pad the run time of the manga instead of ending it on a concise and nice ending.
I definitely feel where your coming from, but this'll probably lead to the concise and nice ending. There's still the overarching plot of Naoto and Nagatoro not knowing what they want to do after they graduate, and now that Naoto is a third year, it's likely that it's going to be prevalent in either this or the next volume are going to cover alongside the development of their relationship, as well as the fact that Naoto is still developing out of being a little bitch and Nagatoro just regained her passion for Judo. I personally love that we're getting more Nagatoro, but the romantic rival trope is overdone and always resort to melodrama to create conflict, which is what killed my interest in romcom's like Toradora. Hopefully it's not too bad and won't make me hate everyone involved.
May 4, 2021 7:05 AM

Oct 2020
I’m almost certain that’s one of the girls who was fangirl-ing over Senpai’s art at the Culture Festival. I don’t think Nagatoro needs to be worried, she saw off the President, some new club member isn’t going to be a challenge.
May 4, 2021 11:40 AM
Jun 2017
culturedman9696 said:
she's presidents younger sister or some relative i guess

So i'm not the only one that thought that she looked like the president
May 4, 2021 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
BBKyank said:
So i'm not the only one that thought that she looked like the president

yepp, she has similarly drawn expressionless or calm face, and big boobs too, so i'm pretty sure they are related somehow.
May 4, 2021 1:55 PM

Nov 2011
Add in another reason why I love this manga. The Transition into each new Arc is just so good. Like "Bam" they all went up a year and the story continues.

Nagatoro in that swimsuit though...looked a lot smaller then Usual lol.

Incoming Kouhai and 3rd wheel.

Really great chapter overall.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 10, 2021 10:45 AM

Feb 2021

Nagatoro: Oh , you're approaching me? Instead of running away you're approaching me?

New Girl: I can't beat you up without getting closer.

Nagatoro: Oh , Then come as close as you like.

Cringe
May 18, 2021 8:20 AM
Mar 2015
Just when Naagtoro has him all to herself and has set the condition for a kiss a challenger appears
May 20, 2021 11:10 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
She REALLY wants that kiss... and the other girl wants to join the art club? wow
Jun 21, 2021 9:12 PM
Jul 2018
Very satisfying shading in that last panel.

Senpai saying "No, you're right. Will you be my model?"
THAT's character development if I've ever seen it.

This manga is somewhat notorious for lacking that sort of progression in the first half, but perhaps the mangaka learned. It's great seeing concrete changes after certain events happen. The interactions and the results finally have an impact.

It was great returning back to the art room after the ski trip and tournament.
But it was surreal seeing Nagatoro act so straightforward. No blushing or anything. With the modelling and with the kiss inquiry, clearly she's progressed as a character too.

At this point, it's not that she's a bully or that she "teases" the senapi... now it just seems like she's an aggresive and straightforward person (in a charming way). Which is fine.

Also, I usually read to a certain point, take a break, and then have to catch up. But it seems where at a point where the senpai must've ditched his glasses? I think I remember him getting contacts, but I didn't think it'd be permenant. Looping back to the character progression, I guess the loss of the glasses is somewhat symbolic? Which I can appreciate.
Jul 7, 2021 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
Without context, this panel sounds so wrong...

Nagatoro really wants a kiss from Senpai!?

They were all having fun and games, until this girl arrived.

Just who is this girl!? I mean, it's a school after all. Of course there would be students who would be interested in arts. But hey, new character! I wonder if this new girl would start to like Naoto in the future. Maybe this manga series will steer and hit the harem route lol!

End.
removed-userJul 7, 2021 10:51 AM
Jul 12, 2021 9:29 AM

Nov 2016
Another wild kouhai appeared. In other words, time for Nagatoro to become jealous again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 29, 2021 5:36 AM

Mar 2021
Nagatoro is really rubbing in the fact that she wants that kiss from Senpai. SHE'S SERIOUS!!!!!

I hope the new girl will just fuel Nagatoro and Senpai (like the other girls do) instead of being a love rival

Aug 16, 2021 7:25 PM

Feb 2018
It's not a rival, which is clear if the heroine's name becomes the title, then it's clear that Heroine wins.
Sep 3, 2021 6:08 PM

Jan 2019
I don't really recall exactly when Senpai stopped using his glasses, but I hope it stays that way. He looks cuter.

Edit: wait- HACHIOUJI IS SENPAI'S NAME?!
Jan 3, 2022 12:00 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A cockblocker has appeared it seems. Figures
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 19, 2022 11:22 PM

May 2020
Hasn't been that long since president's graduation, and we got a love rival in the game.
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 AM
Nov 2022
No puede ser se parece a la presidente y Nagatoro cada vez quiere menos ropa, no puede ser se vuelve como la presidenta.

It can't be that she looks like the president and Nagatoro wants less and less clothes, it can't be that she becomes like the president.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Chapter 148 Discussion

bastek66 - Apr 15

43 by Thisizaraisu »»
Apr 24, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Chapter 145 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Feb 19

28 by skrullpool »»
Apr 11, 2:07 PM

» This is kinda boring

VanVeleca - Sep 28, 2018

20 by Cammell »»
Apr 6, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Chapter 147 Discussion

GeorgeDeSand - Mar 25

11 by MrYujufudan »»
Mar 30, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Chapter 146 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Mar 4

14 by blumey »»
Mar 14, 7:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.